Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror (6234 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
This thread is for the purpose of making some salient points based on the testimony of Hardmirror on his conversion from pastor to an atheist.
I have read the testimony to a very large extent and will comment based on the ones i ve read and some replies made by fellow nairalanders.

1.This is the second time i am opening a thread in response to Harmirror's thread but i want to state that i am not doing it out of bitterness or anger rather because his testimony usually comes with some salient points which needs to be clarified in order not to deceive the feeble minds here. His testimony may sound interesting in some areas, some people may have been carried away by it but the truth is that testimonies can be interesting on any side depending on the experience of the narrator and his ability to put it down well. When you read the testimony of an atheist who converted to christianity their testimonies are also captivating and inspiring. Read the one of a satanist who converted to christianity, an occult man who converted to christianity, a muslim who converted to christianity. All these are also striking. If atheism was wonderful as they paint it and chistianity as bad as they paint it then we wouldnt have been seeing any christian who converted to atheism coming back to christianity. I have seen several of them coming back to christianity after so many years both in nairaland and out there.

2. There is an appreciable level of sincerity in his testimony. He was a pastor(at least by the standard of their church/fellowship) so people shouldnt start redefining whether he fits into a pastor or not. He was a soul winner and worked hard in God's vineyard but let me state that being a pastor does not imply that one cannot backslide from christianity. Peter in the bible at some point denied Jesus three times and later repented. Whether HardMirror will come back to Christ or not we dont know. According to his testimony, he once said he will NEVER be an atheist but today you and i can see he has become an atheist. Now he has also said he will never go back to christianity but then we cant take this as a conclusion as long as he is alive. Peter swore to Christ that he cannot deny him even if all the world do that but we saw Peter deny Christ three times consecutively.

3. His testimony confirms what is written in Romans 9.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Heavenly race is not by too much gragra. Obviously my dear HardMirror did a lot of gragra in his heavenly race grin. Too much activities- e.g. fasting like tomorrow no dey, praying for the sick, so eager to do miracles here and there, speaking in tongues at the slightest "provocation",running from pillar to post to preach grin. All these things are good but not the main thing about our christian race. Recall in the ministry of Jesus when his disciples came back from evangelism and were exctitedly telling him how they performed miracles, signs and wonders in their outing. Jesus told them not to rejoice in these but that what is worth rejoicing is their names which are written in the book of life. At some other point Jesus told his disciples that on the last day, some people will come to him and tell him how they performed miracles in his name and he will say to them - "depart i know you not". Whenever i see christiians displaying so much gragra in this race i usually advise them to take it easy and refer them to Romans 9;16 because such people usually have the tendency to crash.

4. I noticed some christians who were too quick to pass judgment on him even when was still writing, some prayed for him,some acted in a way that shows that if they had their way they will shut him up so that he wouldnt finish his story. grin grin grin. Too much gragra is not the best at all times o. God help us.

5. There are some truths he said concerning somethings happening in christendom which is quite shameful and i will address some of them, if time permits, in my updates later.Christians who think he lied should be ready to sort it out with me when i present them.

3 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by johnydon22(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
Oh christ !!! Not again please jeeeez!!!
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
The Hardmirror effect! More threads are being opened in his honour. He's the religion section poster of the year.

7 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
bitterness

Christianity and other religions has its foundation rooted in delusions and lies

it can only thrive on a combination of those two things

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The Hardmirror effect! More threads are being opened in his honour. He's the religion section poster of the year.

so true, so true

waiting for the 10th thread
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by hahn(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Make I go read am smiley

Modified

Same shit different toilet undecided
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2016

2 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 12:04am On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

I saw that thread less than 24 hours ago for the first time and its up to 50 pages.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 12:33am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 12:43am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord (Jer 9:23-24)

I sensed that his story couldn't be all lies. I believed he was honest for most parts, particularly when he said christians are heartless because if they knew and believed in hell they would go out on evangelism and I know only someone that has seen that reality to can say such. He also said God is wicked because many people would eventually die unsaved, the majority even, despite his efforts and honest desire to try to reach people for God. Another emotional part was that of the blind man who although he believed 'Jesu I believe...' still didn't receive his healing.

However, one thing I recurrently spotted from his account was pervasive pride. He was still proud of his 'achievements' despite his fall away. So many 'I' performed miracles, I was 'so good' at convincing people (he didn't know that it is God that calls His own), 'I' had the gift of 'word of knowledge' I did this, I did that, 'by now I would have been a superstar'. What did Satan do again, before he got cast out of heaven? Couldn't be much different. My major concern about the whole thing is how many of his kind are still in ministry currently that are in their minds atheists but only continue because they make a living from the career.

His story had a positive effect on my christian walk because it caused me to look inwards, to re-examine and reflect on my motive for serving God is it for glorification of self, to grant my every need - sort of like a genie, not a Lord who owns me - why do I desire certain things from the Lord? Also his narration about fake miracles - particularly about the woman with cancer who although she identified being healed in church left for surgery but they lied by not telling the church members about her true condition - made me look deeper into pentecostalism and wasn't surprised to find that it thrives so much on emotionalism, easy-believism, extra-biblical revelations and activities that almost renders the bible obsolete and also opens the pandora's box of all sorts of occult and strange fire. How someone can confidently teach another a supposed gift of the Spirit is amazing, why then is it a gift?

However, I found that there are people who actually worship and adore God for who He is not because of what He can or would do for them, in fact these lot do not even ask for virtually anything yet they just give thanks. I certainly want to become like them. There is a stark difference in the character and lives of such christians that are many times in contrast with the always bubbly counterparts who usually delight in the gifts and not the Giver. They had a peace and joy not because of anything they have but because they know the Lord.

I also found that the best books on faith are usually written by martyrs and missionaries and certainly not from freemason wolves like Oral Roberts, Billy Graham, Kenneth Copeland, Rick Joyner, Jesse Duplantis, Mike Murdock, Joel Osteen and the bunch of them who appear in the 'word-of-faith new age money gospel' movement. A foundation built on deception and lies would certainly falter when the storms hit.

'They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us' (1 John 2:9)

'Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God' (2 Thes 2:3-4)

Thanks my dear brother.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2016
God bless you. Did you manage to read the whole story? I couldn't because of the several comments in between and it's not like he even helped either. Sad story, he mentioned encountering eerie manifestations afterwards and he still believes there are witches and the demonic but now claims there is no God deceiving new atheists that got tired of churchianity and giving more credence to the atheism fad. True, in many such churches, there is no god there, certainly not the same One of the bible. So those that are wise should take heed and seek God through His word. I only feel sorry for these other atheists that think it's 'rational' human behaviour to always look out for christian posts to attack God, christians and christianity.

...An evil and adulterous generation asks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah...(Matt 12:29)

lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices (2 Cor 2:11)

Keep doing the good work.
honourhim:

Thanks my dear brother.

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord (Jer 9:23-24)

I sensed that his story couldn't be all lies. I believed he was honest for most parts, particularly when he said christians are heartless because if they knew and believed in hell they would go out on evangelism and I know only someone that has seen that reality to can say such. He also said God is wicked because many people would eventually die unsaved, the majority even, despite his efforts and honest desire to try to reach people for God. Another emotional part was that of the blind man who although he believed 'Jesu I believe...' still didn't receive his healing.

However, one thing I recurrently spotted from his account was pervasive pride. He was still proud of his 'achievements' despite his fall away. So many 'I' performed miracles, I was 'so good' at convincing people (he didn't know that it is God that calls His own), 'I' had the gift of 'word of knowledge' I did this, I did that, 'by now I would have been a superstar'. What did Satan do again, before he got cast out of heaven? Couldn't be much different. My major concern about the whole thing is how many of his kind are still in ministry currently that are in their minds atheists but only continue because they make a living from the career.

His story had a positive effect on my christian walk because it caused me to look inwards, to re-examine and reflect on my motive for serving God is it for glorification of self, to grant my every need - sort of like a genie, not a Lord who owns me - why do I desire certain things from the Lord? Also his narration about fake miracles - particularly about the woman with cancer who although she identified being healed in church left for surgery but they lied by not telling the church members about her true condition - made me look deeper into pentecostalism and wasn't surprised to find that it thrives so much on emotionalism, easy-believism, extra-biblical revelations and activities that almost renders the bible obsolete and also opens the pandora's box of all sorts of occult and strange fire. How someone can confidently teach another a supposed gift of the Spirit is amazing, why then is it a gift?

However, I found that there are people who actually worship and adore God for who He is not because of what He can or would do for them, in fact these lot do not even ask for virtually anything yet they just give thanks. I certainly want to become like them. There is a stark difference in the character and lives of such christians that are many times in contrast with the always bubbly counterparts who usually delight in the gifts and not the Giver. They had a peace and joy not because of anything they have but because they know the Lord.

I also found that the best books on faith are usually written by martyrs and missionaries and certainly not from freemason wolves like Oral Roberts, Billy Graham, Kenneth Copeland, Rick Joyner, Jesse Duplantis, Mike Murdock, Joel Osteen and the bunch of them who appear in the 'word-of-faith new age money gospel' movement. A foundation built on deception and lies would certainly falter when the storms hit.

'They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us' (1 John 2:9)

'Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God' (2 Thes 2:3-4)

You are a very discerning man I must confess. Am I angry? Yes. Am I proud and boast in the exploits I performed? Absolutely yes. In fact I use it to ridicule christians that try to preach to me.
BUT I implore you. Do more research on your faith. I have and I am more convinced the church and jesus and christianity were all fabricated for the political motive of the Roman empire. Do more research on the Roman catholic church. Their history.
I hope one day to have the patience to expose my findings.

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 8:57am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Where have you been all these days? Been wasting my time replying pretenders like 4evergod, kingebukablog, winner01, anas09 that don't even talk like they own a bible talkless of being christians. I honestly will like to know you more and talk more. Let me not say more so it won't be as if I am praising you. Reply and let's correspond. You are the first discerning christian I have met online so far

3 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
God bless you. Did you manage to read the whole story? I couldn't because of the several comments in between and it's not like he even helped either. Sad story, he mentioned encountering eerie manifestations afterwards and he still believes there are witches and the demonic but now claims there is no God deceiving new atheists that got tired of churchianity and giving more credence to the atheism fad. True, in many such churches, there is no god there, certainly not the same One of the bible. So those that are wise should take heed and seek God through His word. I only feel sorry for these other atheists that think it's 'rational' human behaviour to always look out for christian posts to attack God, christians and christianity.

...An evil and adulterous generation asks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah...(Matt 12:29)

lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices (2 Cor 2:11)

Keep doing the good work.
Don't worry bro, with your comments so far, I am willing and ready to discuss with you. I have honestly been searching for a christian I can trash out matters with. Let's open things up and I promise to be open minded
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Where have you been all these days? Been wasting my time replying pretenders like 4evergod, kingebukablog, winner01, anas09 that don't even talk like they own a bible talkless of being christians. I honestly will like to know you more and talk more. Let me not say more so it won't be as if I am praising you. Reply and let's correspond. You are the first decerning christian I have met online so far
What does 'discerning' mean in this case? Is it a supernatural ability?

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Where have you been all these days? Been wasting my time replying pretenders like 4evergod, kingebukablog, winner01, anas09 that don't even talk like they own a bible talkless of being christians. I honestly will like to know you more and talk more. Let me not say more so it won't be as if I am praising you. Reply and let's correspond. You are the first decerning christian I have met online so far
Great. Go ahead. What happened to you? I didn't read all of your story, it was disorganised and too many comments in between.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Okay. We can talk, please don't be snide with your comments.
HardMirror:

Don't worry bro, with your comments so far, I am willing and ready to discuss with you. I have honestly been searching for a christian I can trash out matters with. Let's open things up and I promise to be open minded
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Okay. We can talk, please don't be snide with your comments.
I won't. The important thing is establishment of truth. Is the Bible all it claims to be? Truth fears no scrutiny
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:01am On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What does 'discerning' mean in this case? Is it a supernatural ability?
No it is not, but if anyone claims to be spiritual and is not discerning, such person is nothing but a puppet.

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2016
Yes it is the truth. I believe it is the inerrant word of God. The bible has been scrutinised for centuries don't you think?
HardMirror:

I won't. The important thing is establishment of truth. Is the Bible all it claims to be? Truth fears no scrutiny
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Yes it is the truth. I believe it is the inerrant word of God. The bible has been scrutinised for centuries don't you think?
Let us open a new thread on this.
I will mention you. Thanks
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Where have you been all these days? Been wasting my time replying pretenders like 4evergod, kingebukablog, winner01, anas09 that don't even talk like they own a bible talkless of being christians. I honestly will like to know you more and talk more. Let me not say more so it won't be as if I am praising you. Reply and let's correspond. You are the first discerning christian I have met online so far

He has been an atheist but recently converted back to christianity. His testimony here was/is still an inspiration to many people.

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by hahn(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Mention me too please
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 22, 2016
Okay. I'm live
HardMirror:

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2016
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

You are a very discerning man I must confess. Am I angry? Yes. Am I proud and boast in the exploits I performed? Absolutely yes. In fact I use it to ridicule christians that try to preach to me.
BUT I implore you. Do more research on your faith. I have and I am more convinced the church and jesus and christianity were all fabricated for the political motive of the Roman empire. Do more research on the Roman catholic church. Their history.
I was an atheist myself and I believe I have found the truth in Jesus Christ and the bible and my conscience is free. The Roman Catholic church did what pentecostals have taken to the extreme today. They uphold tradition even as a more valid authority than Scripture. Tradition can easily be corrupted by any pope but Scripture cannot so it led the reformation by Protestants who declared the 5 Solas which include Sola Scriptura: Scripture as final authority.

Today, the pentecostals claim they use the bible but as is obvious, it is a lesser authority to the whims of the overseer/bishop who hears from and discusses with God directly for exclusive divine revelation. How then can this be dangerous practice be checked? What stops him/her from abusing, molesting, cheating the congregation in the name of his god? What stops them from bringing in all occult into the things of God? What stops him from becoming the firstborn and mouthpiece of god? Africans are the most spiritual people on earth. What stops a traditional person who had lived most of his life as a juju priest before he became a christian and did three months of pastoral training from bringing in his village juju and demons into the church? They cannot be held accountable by anyone or any Scripture.

I think you realised this because to be honest, and if any sincere christian wants to be discouraged about Jesus Christ, these churches do just fine at depleting any moral conscience in you that would make you know that this cannot be God. But the reality is that there are many desperately greedy and wicked people in Nigeria so that's why these churches are always filled.

Anybody can use the bible for whatever they feel, why are nigerian christians wary of the white garments sect? they also use the bible but because they introduced traditional rituals while legitimising it with the bible. It is sadly the same thing today, probably now they are in suits and fly private jets.

I have watched a video of a pentecostal pastor of many years, 25 i think, who in spite having a church and seen and performed miracles gradually found the truth in Catholicism. His whole world abandoned him except his wife and children. Then I read your story and that of another pastor who became an atheist, there has to be something not right with the fundamentals of modern pentecostalism.

The account of Azuza street revival and William Seymour (Birth of Pentecostalism) is one that can make anyone believe in Jesus Christ but it led to the birth of the monster descendants we see so much as christianity today.

I research in the faith, not about. I look for more rational, if you like, to believe and not to disbelieve and the best way to do that is to completely know the God I serve by His Word, the bible and from other bible-believing christians. My faith has been shaken and tested a few times but save for my conversion experience, I remain and I keep believing if not for anything, from the numerous experiences of all those that have died and come back to life that tell about Jesus Christ, His glory and heaven and of course hell.

I have been an atheist and I say in all honesty that it the most superficial perspective in which to view the complexity of life and humanity. It is always about denial. Always in denial either about God, or the afterlife, or the morality of our God-given conscience, divine justice, and even death.

Besides, the truth of Jesus Christ sanctifies us into better human beings, trustworthy, compassionate and loving towards others and brings tremendous peace even during trials and persecution.

4 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
hardmirror really struck a heavy blow to the ego of these christians o..nawa
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
thesixthsense... Does morality evolve or not?
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2016
How can morality evolve? Truth is absolute. There is good and there is evil. God's laws are good and moral and endures all ages. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and love your neighbour as yourself. How can this not be good and subject to evolution? Except you are an existentialist then it's up to you to formulate your morality for yourself which would be modified by your offsprings until good becomes evil and evil becomes good.
raphieMontella:
thesixthsense...
Does morality evolve or not?

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Image123(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

What is truth? Who decided that truth fear no scrutiny? Do you truly have balls literally? Can and should anyone passing scrutinize for confirmation? Do you smoke weed?

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Image123(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol, TheSixthSense, don't mind him oh. He thinks he has found a 'real' christian to prey on.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Your findings. Let that day and patience come quickly, let's see your findings. By see, i'm sure you know that i mean let's rubbish your useless findings. Jesus is Lord, remember.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suggest A Gospel Song For Wedding Reception / Screenshots -Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Now Anita Ebhodaghe!!! / Nigerian Pastor Engages Evil Spirit In A Bizarre Deliverance Session (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.