Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Sales Of Nlng: Throwing The Future Of Upcoming Generation In Jeopardy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sales Of Nlng: Throwing The Future Of Upcoming Generation In Jeopardy (524 Views)

Rochas Okorocha & Obiano Reconcile After Throwing Shades At Each Other. Photos / Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell / Vanguard's Picture Of Buhari Carrying NLNG, NNPC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sales Of Nlng: Throwing The Future Of Upcoming Generation In Jeopardy by visionjoe: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
SALES OF NLNG: A THREAT TO THE UPCOMING GENERATION OF NIGERIAN YOUTHS

“If we do not learn from History, we are bound to repeat it”
ONNI, Joseph Yusuf (inspired by George Santayana)
It has been recently going on in the nooks and crannies of the Federation about the decision of the Federal Government of Nigeria to sell of six (6) of its asset as a means to overcome recession which is currently battling the Federation. As good as it may sound, it is not the best decision considering the circumstances that currently surrounds the fast-approaching future.
I had decided to be silent on all political matters till Independence Day (that is, October 1st, 2016) but I cannot watch a nation in my heartbeat make a mistake in the name of professionalism in Management.
I need to affirm that our Economic Team is loaded with qualified Bureaucrats who are experts in what they do but I object to the fact that proper feasibility studies were being done before making the decision to include NLNG in the list of assets to be sold off to save the Federation from its current state of recession
Recently, there had been a strong move for different countries of the world to flood Nigeria with investments by the Federal Government and I believe that even if this would save us from our present predicament, we are at risk of a mental slavery that makes us feel we would be forever inferior to other countries. Our economy and its policies are so bad to the extent that that it does not even favor indigenous exploits from indigenous industries. If the Federal Government succeeds in its move, a tough competition which our innovation is not strong enough to handle would surface for our indigenous industry to combat. Our Indigenous Industries might get out of market because the level of innovations in the home countries of these investor is too high for us to combat
The sales of assets as outlined by the Federal Government would lead to the total crippling of the Oil and Gas Sector. This sector would no longer be dependent on Federal Government policies but rather, policies of Private Individual or Conglomerate of Cabals whom the previous government struggled to battle out of the sector.
The Gas Section of the Oil and Gas Sector remains a major focus I would appeal to the Federal Government to retain by still giving us a competitive edge. The prospects of the Gas Sector is too high to just sacrifice for recession
Let me do a brief analysis of my observation in the past few days:

“Aliko Dangote is the richest man in Africa and currently maintains a monopoly of the some major utilities in the country. He can be termed as the most powerful Nigerian because his entrepreneurial prowess had gone deeper into influencing the GDP of the Country and other key economic variances. As silent as he appears, I maintain that he is one of the most powerful investor to watch out for. If you doubt my claim, watch as Aliko Dangote prepares to take over the oil sector in the whole of Africa in the next few years through his multi-billion dollar refinery currently under construction in Lagos State (You can research on the Project)
Few days ago, he summoned the Federal Government to sell off the NLNG so that it would use the funds generated to get out of recession and what next? The Federal Government made moves to sell off NLNG
Truth be told, he wants to drive his prowess beyond the Oil Section of the Oil and Gas Sector to the entire sector. This is synonymous to the historical mistake of President Richard Nixon of the United States of America in 1971 (commonly referred to as ‘Nixon Shock’) that led to further economic challenges in the United States of America. Just like the United States of America’s economic performance is at the mercies of top financial moguls, the destiny of upcoming generation of Nigerians would be dependent on the Oil and Gas Cabals that would cease the present status of our economy as an advantage to gain more prowess.

Truth be told, we might get out of the recession as quick as possible but grave economic consequences exists (They include but not limited to: High Rate of Inflation due to pumping too much cash into the economy within a short period, High Rate of Unemployment because some staffs would definitely be laid-off from these establishments etc.)
Finally, I charge our Bureaucratic Economic Analyst to look beyond the present in their decision and rather advise the Federal Government to be smart in its decision. It is not bad to reduce the number of Aircrafts in the Presidential Fleets neither can all Refineries (Warri, Kaduna and Port Harcourt) escape liquidation if not sold-off due to the inability of the Federal Government to maintain them/the competition that would arise on the completion of Dangote Refinery in Lagos but Capitalization of the Oil and Gas Sector is a threat to National Development
Please save the Gas Section of our Oil and Gas that the labours of our past heroes would not be subject to benefits of some cabals only.
God Bless the Economic Team
God Bless President Muhammadu Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

ONNI, Joseph Yusuf (MGCFR)
An Aspiring Nigerian President
Re: Sales Of Nlng: Throwing The Future Of Upcoming Generation In Jeopardy by Edwardhead(m): 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
THE writer name, how can you be Joseph and Yusuf, na both Israel and Mecca you don go?
Re: Sales Of Nlng: Throwing The Future Of Upcoming Generation In Jeopardy by visionjoe: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Edwardhead:
THE writer name, how can you be Joseph and Yusuf, na both Israel and Mecca you don go?

That's what make it unique
They mean the same but in different languages
(Arabic and Hebrew)

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Predict When Recession’ll End –finance Minister / Nigeria'll Keep Faith With Ecowas Bank - President Buhari / Open Letter To President M. Buhari On The Recession..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.