Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

From The Pit To The Palace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From The Pit To The Palace (782 Views)

Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p / Pastor Adeboye Sitting On Ooni Of Ife's Palace Highest Stool (Photos) / Pastor Invested In MMM? It Is A Lie From The Pit Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From The Pit To The Palace by Ptoocool(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Many years ago as a kid, I was oppourtuned to listen to a message titled "The P's of Joseph" and I must confess I was greatly blessed through that ministration. Some of the "P's" includes, the 'Pit' 'Pain' 'Potiphar' 'Perseverance' Prison' 'Palace'. And I'll love to share with you, dear readers, some lessons learnt.

The book of Genesis from chapter 37-45 tells the story of Joseph. He was the favorite of his father's 12 sons, and his brothers were very jealous of him because of it. One day when Joseph shared a dream he'd had of them all bowing down to him - that was the last straw.

The brothers got together to decide how to get rid of Joseph. First, they threw him into a pit to leave him there to die. But later they decided to sell him into slavery to a band of traveling Ishmaelite merchants. They then devised a plan to convince their father of his death.

As you may know, this story ends triumphantly. Joseph becomes second in command to Pharoah - eventually reunited with his family - all is forgiven. What happened to Joseph is proof that no matter what you go through in life, you can fulfill God's purpose for you. All things are possible with God.

But the part of his story we really need to focus on is what happened in-between the pit and the palace. Joseph's life took several turns during that time. But the one attribute of his character that brought him to this victorious end was perseverance. Because of Joseph's faith in God, he never gave up. Quitting was not an option.

In our own lives, we may fall into a pit every so often. It could be a pit of sickness, financial lack, relationship issues or other problems. Whenever that happens, you need to be determined that whatever the situation may be, you will not give up.

It is inevitable that you will go through hard things. Sometimes you might even feel like giving up. But if you can just hold on and trust God through it all, He can restore you. He can take all the bad and make good of it. He can even give you double for your trouble, cause the Bible says "For your shame ye shall have double; and for your confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them" (Isaiah 61:7)

However, your perspective while in your "pit" can make a big difference. Remember, it's a time of testing - a time when your character is being developed. This period is what is sometimes call the "silent years" because it's a time when you may feel like not much is going on in your life. Or you may be going through a lot of pain and upheaval and it feels like God is not doing anything about it.

So when you're in your pit and you're hurting, the best advice I can give you is, don't give up: Fight the temptation to think there's no way out of your situation. Jesus is the Way. This is your time to draw close and follow Him.

Avoid blaming God or thinking He is punishing you for some sin. He is just using the situation to work in your life. And while it may not always feel good, His purpose will always be for your good.

Do what's right even when you're hurting, when it doesn't feel right or when others treat you badly. Do something good for as many people as you can as often as you can.

Don't withdraw and sulk or isolate yourself from others. Remember, you can be pitiful or powerful but you can't be both. Many times, God may use others to encourage you in this time. Keep your word. Honor your commitments. This is a character building time and you are being prepared to take your place in the "palace." Shake off every negativity.

Maybe you've heard the story of a donkey that fell into a pit. His owner thought about it and decided the pit was too deep and the donkey was old, so he would just go on and bury him there. He called some friends and neighbors to help and they began to shovel dirt into the pit.

At first the donkey cried out, obviously terrified of his situation. Later his owner noticed that he'd gotten quiet and thought he'd probably already died. But the donkey had not died. When the owner looked down in the pit, he saw that every time dirt fell on its back, the donkey would shake it off and step on it, packing it down under his hoofs. This continued for hours until finally, the donkey had packed the dirt enough to lift himself up — and out of that pit.

We can learn something from that donkey. Life will throw dirt on us from time to time. It may be in relationships or our finances or health. But this is a time to learn how to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. He will show you how to shake off the dirt and step up, giving you glimpses of His glory in each step you take from your pit to your palace.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
cry[i][/i]yeah man.... some of your lines got me real good. 'silent years' 'your perspective yl in d pit' 'dont give up' 'Don't withdraw and sulk or isolate yourself from others.' 'this is d time to learn how to hear from d Holy Spirit' PITSSSS!!!!
Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
it's been a long time here dude. what's up with u? never tired of reading your posts(a silent follower) Are u training for more that is to come? and i hope u are not in a PIT.....lol(dont mind) cos i av entered many which tried to kill my passion and vision. dont ask me (relationship tinzzz). i alwys enjoy u. plzzz come back and give more

1 Like

Re: From The Pit To The Palace by Ptoocool(m): 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
oloriomoloa:
it's been a long time here dude. what's up with u? never tired of reading your posts(a silent follower) Are u training for more that is to come? and i hope u are not in a PIT.....lol(dont mind) cos i av entered many which tried to kill my passion and vision. dont ask me (relationship tinzzz). i alwys enjoy u. plzzz come back and give more

You have no idea what these mean to me, bro. I do appreciate, really.
Meanwhile, don't let nothing kill that passion you've got and endeavour to keep the vision crytal clear. It is well..

1 Like

Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hi, can we discuss please? I need your help and advice concerning some things that has to do with relationship.

You should be able to help because f some xpriences of yrs u v shared in yr write ups
Re: From The Pit To The Palace by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Get your spirit lifted as you enjoy this medley. Download at https://www.datafilehost.com/d/497b1a6f

Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
is that your response? does DT mean we can't discuss? is that your response? does DT mean we can't discuss?
Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
? is that your response? does DT mean we can't discuss?
Re: From The Pit To The Palace by oloriomoloa: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
sorry that's for #ptoocool

(1) (Reply)

What Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz Told Oprah Winfrey About Justin Bieber / William Tyndale: 10 Quotes From The Martyr Burned For Translating Scripture / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/01/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.