Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads (8767 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. / Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by ud4u: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@Poster
blah, blah, blahwhat your signature doesnt really tally with what you preach, I dont really join issues with ethnic seperatists but i like to make my point clear,
First,the road in question is a trunk A road,so its never the responsibility of lagos,
Second,when tinubu was the governor,he repaired some federal roads but the money was not refunded till he left office;only for yaradua to later pay back, why are u blaming fashola on what ferma ought to do, Onitsha underbridge,warri-port harcourt,benin-ore,benin-abuja road,east west road etc, These are roads in the south-south and south-east regions in comatose, Why has the governors of those states not repaired the roads, ? cuz they are federal roads, Your source is more of a front but i wonder why u are not attacking your ibo governor that looted your state instead of coming to south-west for your subversive campaign, ask your brother in crime,becomrich to lecture you slowpoke, by the way,dont expect me to argue with you cause i have just lecture you that "The road is yaradua road not fashola road", get it in your head and stop bitching around, good day,

You tribalist, how does Ibo Governors come into this matter. The only thing you can do you have done which is educating him that is Trunk A Road and not mentioning tribes.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by FBS: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
folem:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Transportation/5469600-147/story.csp

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=8SDVtySDANRvASUT$CBprS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQ3azl125yMgtFAKc$oZnIKnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5446077-147/In_Jakande_Estate_the_roads_have.csp

Thanks wink
Yes, I can see the rofo rofo by the road side but where are the said "multiple potholes" on the roads gangan?  undecided
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by folem: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2009
FBS:

Thanks wink
Yes, I can see the rofo rofo by the road side but where are the said "multiple potholes" on the roads gangan?  undecided

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/01/flood-bad-roads-grind-lagos-to-a-halt/

Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Abagworo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
FBS:

Thanks wink
Yes, I can see the rofo rofo by the road side but where are the said "multiple potholes" on the roads gangan? undecided

its a shame that inspite of majority of lagosians suffering from poor road,shortage of water supply,puverty,lack of basic infrastructure and even health care,i see them trying to prove that lagos is a paradise and fashola some kind of demi-god.you guys should wake up and call a spade a spade.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Abagworo(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
abuja road

Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by lannre(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2009
A commercial bus “swimming” through a flooded road on Allen Avenue, Lagos, on Wednesday.

Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by ikeyman00(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^^^^^^^

ewooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by folem: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/15/floods-sack-lagos/

Floods sack Lagos

LAGOS — IT was a harrowing experience for residents of Lagos, yesterday, as most parts of the metropolis were submerged in flood, following a downpour that lasted several hours.

The floods which followed what many called an unusual October rain, were made worse by the terrible state of the roads, as vehicles got stuck in potholes covered by floodwater.

Consequently, business activities were grounded as many people stayed back at home, especially due to heavy flooding of residential areas. Those who venture to leave their homes were stuck in traffic that lasted from morning into the night.

For those who dared to wade through the rain, they had to roll up their trousers and sleeves to paddle through the heavily flooded areas to their various destinations.

Most commercial bus and taxi operators parked stayed off the roads to avoid being stuck in the flood.

Several residential areas were flooded as some residents, in Egbeda area, a suburb of the state, were seen bailing out floodwater from their rooms. Others were seen trying to salvage their properties from the flood.

Also, residents of Ijeshatedo, in Surulere area of the state were seen bailing out water from their homes. Only the popular Adeshina Street in the area was spared by the flood.

In Sanya area, an old woman, nearly lost her life as she unknowingly walked into a big hole. But for the intervention of good samaritans, she would have been swept away by the raging flood.

At the state secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja, most of the workers were not at their duty posts

The areas which were especially flooded were Egbeda-Akowonjo, Abeokuta-Lagos Expressway, Allen Avenue, Oshodi-Apapa Express Road, Ikeja, Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Oworonsoki expressway, Lekki and its environs among several other areas.

The access routes to many destinations were of little help in many cases as they were jammed by traffic.

Social miscreants who defied the rains made quick money by helping push broken-down vehicles from the flood.

The gridlock along Apapa-Oshodi expressway was endless. A motorist who was plying the road recounted his experience: “I left my home some minutes after noon, but only got to my office located around Berger yard at 4.30pm. I spent four hours between Cele bust stop and and Mile 2, a journey that ordinarily would have taken about 10 minutes.

It’s a horrible experience and an indication that our federal roads lack maintenance.”
Another motorist whose vehicle eventually broke down on the road, Mike Okoye, narrated how he left his home at about 7. 20 am, to beat the rain only for him to end up on the road as his Toyota Camry car developed a problem.

“I just serviced my car last weekend, hoping to revisit my mechanic by the end of the month. Now I am stuck in the middle of the flood and my car can’t start. I have contacted my mechanic but he told me that he cannot come down immediately because of the rain.

How on earth will I get the office today? I’m not even worried about all the clients that I have disappointed today. I will park it right here and board a bike to my office. I am completely confused”. He lamented

The few commercial bus operators on the roads cashed in on the situation to make quick money as many were charging four times the normal fare. Many passengers were forced to cough out as much as N250 from Oshodi to Mile.

A commercial bus driver who spoke to Vanguard and identified himself as Kola Owolabi said “days like this are very rare, but when they come we  utilise  it. For the sake of the traffic, we have increased our fare from Oshodi. It is an opportunity to make money.”
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by gentleemmy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
The state of Nigerian roads are actually deplorable. Little wonder even the senate had to cry foul and question the 'work' the Minister of Works is really doing
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Nezan(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
This is like . . . shit!!
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by lawrence83: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
Its one after the other. . . . . . . .moreover, most of these roads are FG roads.

he wont build all the roads at a time,
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by lannre(m): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
lawrence83:

Its one after the other. . . . . . . .moreover, most of these roads are FG roads.

he wont build all the roads at a time,

But the flower are growing ! a misplaced priority. If its his personal property ,I don't think he will plant flower before covering his soak away
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by chosen04(f): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
lannre:

But the flower are growing ! a misplaced priority. If its his personal property ,I don't think he will plant flower before covering his soak away

@ Lannre.

U deserve a Bottle from me. May God bless. True Talk
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by mamagee6(f): 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2009
What in the world is Yarasick doing?, our roads are bad, no electricity, no water, nothing. angry angry
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by papabaks(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
Na beg i beg Una make una dey confirm your info b4 you just they bambuzu any body for this community, ok?

Please who told you that most road that is damaged in this Lagos are all state roads.
do you know numbers of vigil that, that guy (BRF)dey do just to make sure contractors are doing the wright thing @ d wright time on those state roads?

say what u know and leave what you don't know.

To be 4 worn is to be 4 harm.ok?

peace out.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Oloks(m): 6:45pm On Oct 15, 2009
@IKEYMAN00

Like u have not taken your medication today,

Go take it, maybe you will see and hear things differently
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by canuck(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2009
Decades of decay would require a little over 4 years to fix, no?
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Hauwa1: 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2009
why is rain still falling in Oct eh?
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Rooneyboy(m): 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
To be frank i m ashamed of my Nigerian status.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
To be candid this becoming hell for us.imagine 3rd mainland bridge is becoming death trap
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
I will admit that Fashola has tried based on what i have heard and not based on what i have seen, cos i haven't been in Lagos since he has been the governor, however, a man can't do it all.
First these are FG roads and not lagos state roads and even if it is Lagos state roads, the best they could do is give out the contract and try to make sure that it is done, i think what they need are honest people to make sure that they things are done with right products, and the quality is up to standard and not just throw black paint on mud.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by sandee575(f): 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
The roads at Ogba, Iju road, Adeniyi Jones, etc are not Federal roads. They are impassable.
Fashola is trying but has to do something urgently about state roads so that we can be better
positioned to call Federal to task.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
Look how how thin the asphalt are in those pix?
People are just really swindling the nation oh
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by ayodeji1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
lets all try to appraise those that have good intentions so that they can do more.what will u say about all those governors that swindles money without doing anything?and yet they still come out once again to contest for another term?its only a blind man that will say fashola is not doing anything,most especially on road constrution.he cant possibly do everything at once.so please let him be o!
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by DoubleN(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2009
Today i felt the mayhem of potholes!! cry cry Entered 5 Different rivers in Lekki Phase 1 called streets and almost finished my Exhaust pipe on Sinari Daranijo in VI.Lagos needs total overhauling but i cannot lie,Fashola is da bomb!!!
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by oge4real(f): 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hmm, Oliver Twist must have been a Nigerian. lipsrsealed
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by udezue(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
Lagos is a slum BLUETOOTH. Attacking Igbo govs when Ikeydumbass didnt mention Yoruba makes you dumber than he is.

BTW Enugu roads are looking good under Sullivan. He is doing good good but we expect more from him hence no one is screaming Sullivan for President yet. Got standards?
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by ezeagu(m): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nigerian Venice. grin
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by pappilo(m): 1:24am On Oct 16, 2009
its a shame that inspite of majority of lagosians suffering from poor road,shortage of water supply,puverty,lack of basic infrastructure and even health care,i see them trying to prove that lagos is a paradise and fashola some kind of demi-god.you guys should wake up and call a spade a spade.

I tire o. I have never known any politician have this much goodwill from the people even though he has done nothing tangible. even Marwa wey we see the thing wey e do no get this much hero worship, abi the man use juju? I heard so much about what Fashola had done and even saw pictures on the internet but when I went to Lagos, I was shocked. Absolutely nothing to write home about.
There must be a way to use Lagos states money to fix these roads and then subtract it from maybe taxes Lagos states collect on behalf of the Federal Govt. After all we have Federal police but Lagos state government acquires vehicles and radios for them when they are in short supply.
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by Omolulu(m): 1:33am On Oct 16, 2009
Personally i feel it would take the work of 50 governors to handle the problem of Lagos roads alone.Fashola is trying his best but he must proritise his agenda because he cant reach the maximum point in 8 years, besides there should be more focus on quality of roads, the rate at which "new road"dey take get pot-hole ehn, i never see o! cry
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by tobiit(m): 3:16am On Oct 16, 2009
Why don't u haters( ikeyman and Co) leave dis fashola alone. Remove the torn in ur own eyes first b4 trying to take out from other! Ok
Re: Under Superman Fashola Potholes Are In Multiples In Lagos Roads by tobiit(m): 3:22am On Oct 16, 2009
Why don't u haters( ikeyman and Co) leave dis fashola alone. The man is doing the best he could to make Lagos a better place 4 living and yet u open ur mouth to say wrong about him. Remove the torn in ur own eyes first b4 trying to take out from other! Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: The Face Of Subsidy Removal? / Happy Birthday To Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / Gunmen Kill Four Borno Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.