Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ (4863 Views)

Poll: ~ Are You Likely To

Retaliate/Counterattack: 7% (6 votes)
Become Very Defendsive/Abusive: 5% (5 votes)
Accept If Valid & Take It On Board: 42% (36 votes)
Question The Reason & Evolve: 28% (24 votes)
Deny & Be Withdrawn/Hurt: 3% (3 votes)
Not Bothered! Damn If You Do,Damn If You Dont!: 11% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

HER Virginity...how Would You React To This?? / How Do You React When Someone Says You Are Ugly / How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2009
[size=13pt]~I find it quite interesting no one has admitted to been very Defensive/Abusive on the Polls  shocked Seeing how it's very hard not to find a post on here that isnt full of Abuse/defendsive outburts grin

Question: ~ Are You Likely To
Retaliate/Counterattack 3 (10.3%)
Become Very Defensive/Abusive 0 (0%)
Accept If Valid & Take It On Board 15 (51.7%)
Question The Reason & Evolve 7 (24.1%)
Deny & Be Withdrawn/Hurt 2 (6.9%)
Not Bothered! Damn If You Do,Damn If You Dont! 2 (6.9%)
Total Votes: 22

[/size]
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by kellorah: 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2009
I tend to be defensive for a few seconds, trying to justify why I said or did what I did, but I then realise the reason why I was criticised and then I take it on board, if it's worth taking on board though.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by posakosa(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~I find it quite interesting no one has admitted to been very Defensive/Abusive on the Polls  shocked Seeing how it's very hard not to find a post on here that isnt full of Abuse/defendsive outburts grin

Question: ~ Are You Likely To
Retaliate/Counterattack 3 (10.3%)
Become Very Defensive/Abusive 0 (0%)
Accept If Valid & Take It On Board 15 (51.7%)
Question The Reason & Evolve 7 (24.1%)
Deny & Be Withdrawn/Hurt 2 (6.9%)
Not Bothered! Damn If You Do,Damn If You Dont! 2 (6.9%)

[/size]

People are only defensive: based on how/whom is telling them what. thats my opinion.

For instance, if my mom says something: I might frown but will take what she's said under consideration.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by chic2pimp(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~I find it quite interesting no one has admitted to been very defendsive/Abusive on the Polls  shocked Seeing how it's very hard not to find a post on here that isnt full of Abuse/defendsive outburts grin

Become Very Defendsive/Abusive 0 (0%)  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Nigerians are great pretenders jare.

[/size]
Well,you got that part right. Na so so yab full NL.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by posakosa(m): 10:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
I think people on here YAB FOR FUN. its nothing personal in my opinion.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by kellorah: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
You know what, I think it does depend on the criticism, how it's put across and also who puts it across. So yeah, I guess all the options have been applicable to me @ some point.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by kellorah: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
posakosa:

I think people on here YAB FOR FUN. its nothing personal in my opinion.

If yabbing people (not jokingly) was my idea of fun, then I would need to go check my head-on and offline.

I would never have respect for anyone (on NL) who thinks it's funny to cuss other people out, esp race/tribe, for argument sake. EW!! Totally distasteful character they've got.

But this place sure would be dull if we didn't have such.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by posakosa(m): 12:05am On Oct 14, 2009
kellorah:

If yabbing people (not jokingly) was my idea of fun, then I would need to go check my head-on and offline.

I would never have respect for anyone (on NL) who thinks it's funny to cuss other people out, esp race/tribe, for argument sake. EW!! Totally distasteful character they've got.

Don't assume that everyone on NL is normal. Certain folks certainly need their heads checked.

But to take it soo seriously is a waste of time, energy, and space.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by whiteroses(f): 12:14am On Oct 14, 2009
i believe you have to be doing something wrong before someone criticise you and how you take it is all up to you i know nigerian guys hate it lol
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by ritaNL: 12:32am On Oct 14, 2009
Criticism makes me run a check on myself valid or not ,there is alwaz an element of truth in it.Most times I cry but it has alwaz brought the best out of me.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 1:36am On Oct 14, 2009
dani1luv:

hmmn criticism

What do we even understand by criticism
cheesy

Perhaps you know better than all of us. Can you share your 'wisdom' with us? cheesy
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 1:37am On Oct 14, 2009
posakosa:

Don't assume that everyone on NL is normal. Certain folks certainly need their heads checked.

Wahala deh o shocked grin
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 1:40am On Oct 14, 2009
kellorah:

That's the whole idea tongue
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Nijasingh: 1:45am On Oct 14, 2009
rita@NL:

Criticism makes me run a check on myself valid or not ,there is alwaz an element of truth in it.Most time I cry but it has alwaz bring the best out of me.

Very nice way to look at things BUT please never CRY as you should use it to reflect and learn if valid. If not just ignore.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Nijasingh: 1:55am On Oct 14, 2009
chic2pimp:

Well,you got that part right. Na so so yab full NL.

The "yabis" never kill anyone till date on NL or in even in real life!! So make una continue to "YAB" all u want!! Otherwise NL go put me to sleep!!
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by chiogo(f): 3:53am On Oct 14, 2009
As for me, if I feel that the person is right or worth listening to anyway grin, I'll just be like 'whatever' but I'll reflect on it and apply the changes. tongue

But if it's an irrelevant person, s(he) is getting cussed out. grin grin no reflection whatsoever!! Naw, after the cussing out, I still reflect on it and if s(he) is right, I try to make myself better. . .just to score myself more points against the person, adding one thing I do better than him/her. cheesy
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by sexyLeamon(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2009
As far as constructive criticism, I listen to it whether it is right or wrong. Then I decide if it is right or wrong.
As far as criticism meant solely to hurt me, well, opinions are like *ssholes. Everyone has one just like I have the right to think that they are idiots and ignore them.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by obyann(f): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2009
whiteroses:

i believe you have to be doing something wrong before someone criticise you and how you take it is all up to you i know nigerian guys hate it lol

I disagree with you here.

Some people criticize out of jealousy. I have this lady who spoiled my marriage with her critique. she doesn't know me too well, though I was to get married to her inlaw. Months later she came looking for my help.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by iice(f): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
~How Do You React/Respond/Handle Criticism Aimed At You? Constructive Or Not! Be It On NL ~Your Job/School Or In Your Everyday Life?

“It is Not The Critic Who Counts; Not The Man Who Points Out How The Strong Man Stumbles, Or Where The Doer Of Deeds Could Have Done Them Better. The Credit Belongs To The Man Who Is Actually In The Arena, Whose Face Is Marred By Dust & Sweat & Blood, Who Strives Valiantly; Who Errs & Comes Short Again & Again; Because There Is Not Effort Without Error & Shortcomings; But Who Does Actually Strive To Do The Deed; who knows the Great Enthusiasm, The Great devotion,Who Spends Himself In A Worthy Cause, Who At The Best Knows In The End The Triumph Of High Achievement & Who At The Worst, If He Fails, At Least He Fails While Daring Greatly. So That His Place Shall Never Be With Those Cold & Timid Souls Who Know Neither Victory Nor Defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

Great quote.
Criticisms? grin I only respond to criticisms from people who actually know me. Criticisms based on 'preconceptions/misconceptions/incoherence' make me laugh grin I have a hard shell and stronger will.  Many things don't faze me, too bloody busy undecided.  As for work/school.  .  .i've always done as i pleased grin 
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by canuck(m): 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~I find it quite interesting no one has admitted to been very Defensive/Abusive on the Polls  shocked Seeing how it's very hard not to find a post on here that isnt full of Abuse/defendsive outburts grin[/size]

No surprise - Not admitting to be defensive is part and parcel of a defensive mindset. Oh, no. . . I'm being defensive again!

iice:

Many things don't faze me, too bloody busy undecided.  As for work/school.  .  .i've always done as i pleased grin 

Best way to live. . . most times.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
iice:

Great quote.
Criticisms? grin I only respond to criticisms from people who actually know me. Criticisms based on 'preconceptions/misconceptions/incoherence' make me laugh grin I have a hard shell and stronger will.  Many things don't faze me, too bloody busy undecided.  As for work/school.  .  .i've always done as i pleased grin 

[size=13pt]~I cudnt agree More wink

~Keep doing You!
[/size]
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2009
canuck:

No surprise - Not admitting to be defensive is part and parcel of a defensive mindset. Oh, no. . . I'm being defensive again!

[size=13pt]~ cheesy. . .I suppose. . .[/size]
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by sley4life(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2009
Silent
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by whiteroses(f): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
obyann:

Some people criticize out of jealousy. I have this lady who spoiled my marriage with her critique. she doesn't know me too well, though I was to get married to her inlaw. Months later she came looking for my help.
wow see life
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2009
obyann:

U didn't marry the man eventually or what?
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Epi: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
@poster

Good criticism or Bad criticism. Which one? undecided
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by koolchicco: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
Epi:

@poster

Both.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2009
Epi:

@poster

Fair criticism grin
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Secretz(f): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2009
I only accept CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from people who actually know me and are ACTIVE in my life . . sometimes it may hurt . . . but there is usually truth in what's been said more often than not when more than one person is saying the same thing . . . what I have a problem with are those who like to 'judge' . . . . on what exactly? ? ? MY NL posts. . . . .the stories I have to tell ? ? Or what you supposedly heard? 'preconceptions' are a big 'misconception' in itself. kiss

Don't hate . . . appreciate. . .lol grin
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by obyann(f): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2009
whiteroses:

wow see life

Radiant:

U didn't marry the man eventually or what?

Yes i didn't because it turned to a big problem. I told them am not interested. till date they are still perching around me and I do everything possible to avoid them.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Elgaxton(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2009
Hi Mohawkchic,

Thanks for this topic, now if you want to know those who may be
defensive or erratic when it comes to criticism just check out their
posts or response on this nairaland.

Forget about their response to this thread, everybody go wan form good guy for here.

Just check around u go shock cheesy

I love criticism cause it gives a sense of direction, most of the times true criticism hurts but u just accept it for it is;

a corrective tool to make u a better person even though some people na whinch for the matter tho
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by ebonyjoy1(f): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2009
My reaction 2 criticism will depend on : how its passed on 40%, by who 20%, motive 20% , my mood 20%.
cos i ve found dat some people mostly women criticize when u dont conform to their personal beliefs or ideas. in dat case i just smile n store it for reference later
from my family n better half i listen n do my best 2 work on it
from boss i listen n work on it wit appraisal in mind.
from friends i listen n ignor or store 4 later.

but my advice 2 any1 lookin 2 critisize me is package it properly n guage my mood. n make sure u ve removed d IROKO from ur eye before u try 2 remove d PECK of wood from my eye

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got Questions About Anything In Nairaland? Ask It Here / The ----------?---------- Word (shhhhhhhhhhhh) / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.