Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ (4858 Views)

Poll: ~ Are You Likely To

Retaliate/Counterattack: 7% (6 votes)
Become Very Defendsive/Abusive: 5% (5 votes)
Accept If Valid & Take It On Board: 42% (36 votes)
Question The Reason & Evolve: 28% (24 votes)
Deny & Be Withdrawn/Hurt: 3% (3 votes)
Not Bothered! Damn If You Do,Damn If You Dont!: 11% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

HER Virginity...how Would You React To This?? / How Do You React When Someone Says You Are Ugly / How Do You React/answer When Someone Knocks On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by ebonyjoy1(f): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2009
My reaction 2 criticism will depend on : how its passed on 40%, by who 20%, motive 20% , my mood 20%.
cos i ve found dat some people mostly women criticize when u dont conform to their personal beliefs or ideas. in dat case i just smile n delete it from memory
from my family n better half i listen n try 2 work on it
from boss i listen n work on it wit appraisal in mind.
from friends i listen n ignor

but my advice 2 any1 lookin 2 critisize me is package it properly n gag my mood. n make sure u ve removed d IROKO from ur eye be4 u try 2 remove d PECK of wood from my eye.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by adebayo201: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
let's !t goes
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
Epi:

@poster

Good criticism or Bad criticism.  Which one? undecided

[size=13pt]~Both! Or whatever you're comfy sharing. . .[/size]
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
Elgaxton:

Hi Mohawkchic,

Thanks for this topic, now if you want to know those who may be
defensive or erratic when it comes to criticism just check out their
posts or response on this nairaland.

Forget about their response to this thread, everybody go wan form good guy for here.

Just check around u go shock cheesy

[size=13pt]~ grin cheesy lipsrsealed wink[/size]

Elgaxton:

I love criticism cause it gives a sense of direction, most of the times true criticism hurts but u just accept it for it is; a corrective tool to make u a better person even though some people na whinch for the matter tho

[size=13pt]~ I strongly agree! [/size]
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
obyann:

Yes i didn't because it turned to a big problem. I told them am not interested. till date they are still perching around me and I do everything possible to avoid them.

I understand it can be very frustrating but hell if I love the man and he loves me too and don't really give a shit about what people say them I'ma stick around. People will always say shit but seriously our shell gotta be very thick.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by iice(f): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2009
Secretz:

I only accept CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from people who actually know me and are ACTIVE in my life . . sometimes it may hurt . . . but there is usually truth in what's been said more often than not when more than one person is saying the same thing . . . what I have a problem with are those who like to 'judge' . . . . on what exactly? ? ? MY NL posts. . . . .the stories I have to tell ? ? Or what you supposedly heard? 'preconceptions' are a big 'misconception' in itself. kiss

Don't hate . . . appreciate. . .lol grin

We seem to be quite similar lol.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Nijasingh: 3:17am On Oct 16, 2009
CRITICISM makes the world an interesting place!! You can either accept it or ignore it. It is what makes us all re think and reflect to improve our world and life.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Amigoz(f): 5:16am On Oct 16, 2009
Vatart shocked shocked

@op
How I would react depends on the following factors

What
Who
When
Where

and my responses could be one or most of the options you have in the polls. The only thing I will not resort to is being abusive, that isnt me. I wouldnt retaliate either (though not sure ow one will retaliate to a criticism)

Getting defensive i believe is just human nature, as they say 'the truth is always bitter' especially wen it is about you. I sometimes get defensive, but when im calmer I do take what is said on board and trying to better myself @ it.

Then again where or when the criticism is being delivered can either get the I dont give a T O S S attitude or yes I know that is wrong and I am willing to learn and change to make it betta

Majorly a positive attitude to a criticism will depend on who is delivering and the kinda mood the receiver is.

A pot calling the kettle black will always get the IDGAT attitude undecided
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Adanne2(f): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2009
I don't welcome criticism, especially when it's done in a way to paint or destroy my image.

I go extra miles to defend myself. I don't find it funny wether parents, friends or whosoever that did it.

To be presiced, I hate criticising people myself and wouldn't want to be criticised.

My slogan is mind your business. Somebody that won't confront me and think the best way is criticism
is my enemy.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by obyann(f): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2009
Radiant:

I understand it can be very frustrating but hell if I love the man and he loves me too and don't really give a shit about what people say them I'ma stick around. People will always say shit but seriously our shell gotta be very thick.

yes, it happens only when the love you give is given back to you. I did not know that all these while he was pretending (thats the way I see it). why should he listen to citique especially when it has to do with somebody you love. Something he could not find out for almost 2 years. When the whole truth came out, every body blamed him but then it was too late.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Nijasingh: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2009
obyann:

yes, it happens only when the love you give is given back to you. I did not know that all these while he was pretending (thats the way I see it). why should he listen to citique especially when it has to do with somebody you love. Something he could not find out for almost 2 years. When the whole truth came out, every body blamed him but then it was too late.

Was he pretending or were u blinded by love at the time?? cool

Dem sey Love blind and u fit no see the real person when in Love!!
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Radiant(f): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
obyann:

Yea I understand. That's why I said if he loves you too (genuinely). Hope you aight though sad
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Gabry(f): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
Accept If Valid & Take It On Board (If what Im doing is puely wrong and to know whether if I am wrong or right, I would do a survey first. The majority votes is the clear answer to determine whether if I am right or wrong)
Question The Reason & Evolve (If sumone complaints about me or criticize me, I would question the person if I dont know why he / she criticizes me. For sure. smiley)
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
Dem say "different strokes fi different folks, cheesy wink
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Epi: 3:46am On Oct 17, 2009
@poster

Deliberate critism - I ignore that person as if they never exist

The positive critism, I use it for improvement but if you don't know what the f**k you are talking about, I get really pissed and maybe, just maybe I will $#&*#^& grin grin

P.S (on a different note)

Thanks for the advice
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Maura(f): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2009
manner of approach matters, cos action brings about reaction. human being is still weak in nature. there is nobody without the instinct of reaction in one way or the other in him or her. so i sugest thst presentation should matter but in case the presenter fails to present well, self-control should be employed.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by chika98: 12:46am On Oct 20, 2009
Who says I put up with criticisms? How dare you? Before you tell me how crappy I am . . have you looked at yourself? I will go to war if anyone dares criticize me. grin grin
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by Rooneyboy(m): 1:03am On Oct 20, 2009
Nah , as a matter of fact i welcome criticism very well , it makes me a better person.
Re: ~ How Do You React To Criticism? ~ by cenzo(m): 1:31am On Oct 20, 2009
same way chris brown reacts to rihanna cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Following" Page And Less Annoying Notifications / Photos: Naked Girls Wrestle Dirty In Muddy Water At Woodstock Music Festival / Why Are You Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.