Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay (696 Views)

Senate Orders Investigation Of Okechukwu Elenema, Four Banks Over Mtn’s $13.9B / MTN Moved Over $12bn Out Of Nigeria--Dino Melaye / I Will Be President Of Nigeria – Dino Melaye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by deantimes(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2016
SOUTH-AFRICA Telecom giant, MTN, is in fresh controversy in Nigeria as a serving Senator, Dino Melaye has sought leave of his colleagues to present a motion next  legislative sitting detailing how  “Between 2006 and 2016, through four Nigerian banks and a serving minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, MTN moved over $12 billion out of Nigeria.”

Speaking during plenary Thursday, Melaye said “I  seek the indulgence of this house to move that after this short presentation this matter be allowed to be taken on the next legislative day.

“My respected colleagues, MTN Nigeria paid a sum of $284.9 million on the 6th of February, 2001 to purchase their license of operations in this country.

“Between 2006 and 2016, through four Nigerian banks and a serving minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, MTN moved over $12 billion out of Nigeria.

“That is about half of our external reserves.

“If I get the nod of the Senate, I will want to bring a substantive motion on the next legislative day with substantiated facts to buttress this position.”

It could be recalled that MTN  was recently fined by NCC  for  failing to register  5.2 million subscribers  in Nigeria.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/four-banks-serving-minister-aided-mtn-to-move-12bn-out-of-nigeria-dino-melaye/

Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by INTROVERT(f): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2016
K
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by twentysixteen(f): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2016
Following
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by agwom(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2016
ok
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by Justiyke4u: 8:24am On Sep 23, 2016
You cannot expect an investor to keep his investment when you cannot guarantee his investment. That is a general fact anyway. Then on MTN, did they move the money through the wrong channel? Is the money their initial capital and/or profit? Don't they have the right to repatriate their capital through an authorised channel? The issue may still be sketchy now until full facts emerge

1 Like

Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by babatunx(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2016
Now I say that's very bad....
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by klbakare(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2016
Na wa oooo
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by seunmsg(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Dino's motive is suspicious though. Why can't he move the motion immediately? Is he giving the notice in order for MTN to cut some deal with him before the next legislative day? We wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by GoggleB(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Stop blabbing... Reveal the name of the minister and the names of the Banks..
Re: Four Banks, Serving Minister Aided MTN To Move $12bn Out Of Nigeria – Dino melay by deantimes(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2016

(1) (Reply)

An ITC Driver Used A Nylon To Tie His Engine And Carburettor. Is This Not Bad? / PHOTOS: Ambode, Ajimobi And Aregbesola At COWLSO Event In Lagos / Flash:Buhari Sacks Chairman Of ICPC Mr Ekpo Nta,a Closs Ally Of Godswill Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.