Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? (9367 Views)

DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar / Are We About To Witness A Drake Vs Eminem Diss ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by wallywest(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2016
drake and lamar have been argued about by music lovers so my question to my fellow nairalanders pls who is better but for i go by the hashtag #teamdrake so what about you?

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Coyotejack(m): 9:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Drake is more commercially successful .
But Kendrick spits

4 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by crazygod(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Both are intelligent. Kendrick's lyrics are more deep though but his beats can be boring at times. This is what drake uses as a leverage. Drake knows the right beats for the right type of song which makes him more successful commercially.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by sEGXY2(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2016
Drake vs Kendrick?

What you smoking niggga?Dry Okra?

First of all Drake does not write his own rap, Even at that his bars are weak as thick, you should be comparing drake to young thug, rich hommie quantum and the likes

They ain't the same level bro

6 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Drake sure knws how to make money...for dat one e get him own oga sef.....buh talking about hiphop /rap drake no reach k.dot or even j.cole....hiphop heads will agree with me...errvery hiphop artist must be good in story telling....abeg tell me any of drake song wen u fit picture as film for ur mind?....dats it..cole and kendrick are the best newest things around for now...and drake can never match dat ...even if he can boast of being majorly commercially sucessful than both of em put togeda.....even jayz and kanye west are deep artist who are commercially successful...they have good narrative techniques....friend or foe/history...jayz displayed his genuis persona dre...then kendrick lamar sing about me/blackboy fly...jcole :stay/powertrip/love yours/...thus drake will neva be better than kendrick lamar only that e would make more money than kendrick will in d long run....then again..kendrick lamar beats involve a fusion of jazz and soul which a very relevant in d music genre of hiphop....buh however both of em a needed in this world...only that d name of drake will never be written in the books of true hiphop

6 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
sEGXY2:
Drake vs Kendrick?

First of all Drake does not write his own rap, Even at that his bars are weak as thick, you should be comparing drake to young thug, rich hommie quantum and the likes

I would have all of your fans if I didn't go pop and I stayed on some conscious shiit.
- drake

Drake didn't grow up in the hood, didn't grow up around drugs and gangbangers, didn't grow up around 'poverty' per se, didn't grow up in the USA!

So how da fuq do u expect him to rhyme conscious?

As for people writing his raps Omo then let's agree even tupac. Had ghostwriters then, u fink others are there to play while only pac or biggie writing rhymes in the studio?
California love was already done b4 pac came n added lines to it n claim d song...Google it.

Check that pic out u see how many peeps got writing credits on one track? There might be others uncredited too.

Sometimes a niqqa could come up with a hook n not get credit for it depending on agreement.

Anyway ya'll keep hating the 6god cos he spreading +ve vibe. grin

3 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
chuksisaac:
Drake sure knws how to make money...for dat one e get him own oga sef.....buh talking about hiphop /rap drake no reach k.dot or even j.cole....hiphop heads will agree with me...errvery hiphop artist must be good in story telling....abeg tell me any of drake song wen u fit picture as film for ur mind?....dats it..cole and kendrick are the best newest things around for now...and drake can never match dat ...even if he can boast of being majorly commercially sucessful than both of em put togeda.....even jayz and kanye west are deep artist who are commercially successful...they have good narrative techniques....friend or foe/history...jayz displayed his genuis persona dre...then kendrick lamar sing about me/blackboy fly...jcole :stay/powertrip/love yours/...thus drake will neva be better than kendrick lamar only that e would make more money than kendrick will in d long run....then again..kendrick lamar beats involve a fusion of jazz and soul which a very relevant in d music genre of hiphop....buh however both of em a needed in this world...only that d name of drake will never be written in the books of true hiphop

Drake ain't got narrative techniques? Wtf?

Who did cole copy? If not drake?
Jeez

Even cole admitted he was 'saving' some songs until he heard drakes mixtape/ep and immediately put the songs on his warm up straight!

Drake made a career off reminiscing niqqa! Succesful ain't dope? The calm ain't dope? Shut it down? Karaoke? The resistance? Over my dead body? Shot for me? Crew love? Marvins room? Doing it wrong? The ride? From time? you and the 6? U with me?

Abi make we dey drop dope drake bars?

Who made singing cool? Azzin rappers singing? Today j.cole sings freely even ur kendrick used a singy songy track to blow "bitch don't kill my vibe"

Take it or leave it drake is a G.O.A.T... kendrick will get more grammy's off the fact he rapping conscious.

2 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nigger.....do u know wat narrative technique is?
.....Drake can neva tell a story as good as either kendrick or j.cole.....drake did not make singin on rap songs popular...kanye did it before him and still had dat lyrical depth......and damn it...these guys I mentioned...are making hits of non-commercial songs...ALRIGTH is not ur errday song....imagine u singing about d badside of alchohol...and eventually dat particular song becomes a favourite song for drunkards....kendrick did that in swimming pool drank...any person that listen to real hiphop would knw drake aint notin....and talking about lines drake is a good one liner....he can contest with em kendrick and cole on dat basis....but on a whole lyricall he would be masturbated upon by king kunta....and u saying drake did not grow up in the u.s dats why he doesn't rap conscious shit...abeg dem no get conscious stuffs from wre him kom from?na only the 6 be d only place wey e dey appen 4 dre?....and again...drake can match kendrick lamar on few things..but never the flow tho

2 Likes

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by MaddSkillz: 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
LorDBolton:

Jeez
Even cole admitted he was 'saving' some songs until he heard drakes mixtape/ep and immediately put the songs on his warm up straight!
Drake made a career off reminiscing niqqa! Succesful ain't dope? The calm ain't dope? Shut it down? Karaoke? The resistance? Over my dead body? Shot for me? Crew love? Marvins room? Doing it wrong? The ride? From time? you and the 6? U with me?
Who made singing cool? Azzin rappers singing? Today j.cole sings freely even ur kendrick used a singy songy track to blow "bitch don't kill my vibe"
Take it or leave it drake is a G.O.A.T... kendrick will get more grammy's off the fact he rapping conscious.
seriously?

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by enua(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2016
drake have the kul voice so he do d singing better but any other thing apart from dis he is no close to kdot
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by bellefidel(f): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2016
well both artists are good........ but comparing drake to Kendrick Lamar is not comparable: DRAKE his songs fits every mood u are in•••• while Kendrick Lamar some of his song is soo boring and dull my own opinion thuo
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2016
Why u feel kendrick songs are borin for the is because u're an average listener of hiphop and you don't know anything about hiphop....N:B kendrick and jcole songs are made for ppl that understand and know good lyrics ..,..not for ur errday joe....lemmi giv u guys an assignment...listen to all of jcole songs...read d lyrics online....go to a website wre they can interprete it for u....come back ere and argue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by MaddSkillz: 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
bellefidel:
well both artists are good........
but comparing drake to Kendrick Lamar is not comparable:
DRAKE his songs fits every mood u are in••••
while Kendrick Lamar some of his song is soo boring and dull
my own opinion thuo
yeah yeah... Go listen to rnb then. . Kendrick's hip hop
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by 98PrettyBoy(m): 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
There's no Basis for Comparison...
Place Drake on the same lane with Future...
And Kendrick with JCole & Other BoringAss Rappers...
I prefer Drake not cause he's a better rapper (Kendrick's Hella Dope)... But cause I can Relate to him more & ion have to spend hours trying to figure out what he's talking bout,the reverse is the Case for Kendrick.. I mean where does he gets those Lame beats from?
& WTF is King Kunta
But then again it all boils down to Taste....
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2016
chuksisaac:
Nigger.....do u know wat narrative technique is?
.....Drake can neva tell a story as good as either kendrick or j.cole.....drake did not make singin on rap songs popular...kanye did it before him and still had dat lyrical depth......and damn it...these guys I mentioned...are making hits of non-commercial songs...ALRIGTH is not ur errday song....imagine u singing about d badside of alchohol...and eventually dat particular song becomes a favourite song for drunkards....kendrick did that in swimming pool drank...any person that listen to real hiphop would knw drake aint notin....and talking about lines drake is a good one liner....he can contest with em kendrick and cole on dat basis....but on a whole lyricall he would be masturbated upon by king kunta....and u saying drake did not grow up in the u.s dats why he doesn't rap conscious shit...abeg dem no get conscious stuffs from wre him kom from?na only the 6 be d only place wey e dey appen 4 dre?....and again...drake can match kendrick lamar on few things..but never the flow tho

Nah sorry bro they dont really have conscious... thats why americans tease Canada! Compared to america it's a utopian society! Do u expect a niqqa who grew up in V.I to rap conscious? Compared to a niqqa who grew up in mushin/ajegunle?

drake made 'insecurity' part of rap... today the j.coles n kendrick can rap about their insecurities (if you've bumped enough j.cole u will understand what I mean)

As for kendrick he has a lot going for him but he can't rap/sing like drake and drake cannot rap like him (because they got different influences)

Listen to this rhyme by drake "I didn't cry when pac died but I probably will when jay does"

That line alone should tell u drakes influences which kendrick song do they play @ clubs? Yea that should tell u where lamar's head is @ and it's that 'theme' that people love also when making a conscious song u 'think' more
While when making a club banger u try to 'flow' more.

Lyrically lamar 'might' be better but in terms of 'the music' straight up its drake.

grin

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2016
MaddSkillz:
seriously?

Yea seriously... don't be acting all 'defender of hip hop' angry
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by MaddSkillz: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2016
LorDBolton:

Yea seriously... don't be acting all 'defender of hip hop' angry
defender of hip hop. .. Funny, that's your opinion though , for me k.dot is light years ahead of drake, drake's no emcee
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2016
MaddSkillz:
defender of hip hop. .. Funny, that's your opinion though , for me k.dot is light years ahead of drake, drake's no emcee

Let's agree to disagree.

A beef wil be interesting tho...
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Hussl3r(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
See reasonable comments.....when dd NL gt so matured.....btw King Kendrick all d way
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Hussl3r(m): 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
See reasonable comments.....when dd NL gt so matured.....btw King Kendrick all d way
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 7:49am On Sep 26, 2016
Truth be told drake aint hiphop......so bottomline shouldn't be compared to kendrick or even cole.....now hear dis....no matter as drake continue to make hits....he would neva leave a print as big as lilwayne ...k.dot..j.cole....or kanye on hiphop....u knw dat kind of nas print na/dat kind of slick rick print...all I see in drake is that he is a talented person with versatility...could do anytype of music....but kendrick musics involve fusion of jazz...and u can't eleminate jazz from hiphop...kendrick all thru for me.....and for ur info some of kendrick lyrics are oscar worthy..*int talkin bout his new stuffs...go back to the days of hiiiPooRWeAre....and to section80...in her heart she hate it dre/but in her mind she's made it wre nothing really matters

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by VanBommel(m): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2016
sEGXY2:
Drake vs Kendrick?

bro you know what's up
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by VanBommel(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2016
How can you compare a sheep-dog to a German Shepherd?
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by RSAMAN(m): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2016
I LOVE DRAkE and I'm going to dedicate this entire post to him. Allow me:

Never have I ever told a girl how I feel about her in a song

I HAVE

Soft ghetto - it's a place where me and my fans cuddle... There's never been anything like this in hip hop, it's sumthin new but I hope you catch my drift.

If you're reading this be my valentine

Hmmm!!!

I got my eyes on you
You are everything that I see
I want your high love
And emotion endlessly

[img]http://www.aux.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/drake-614x307.png[/img]
I sing like a robot. My target market is those honeys that don't care much about my music than how I look and can easily brainwash their kids that got no clue
My beats are terrible and generic also. But hey what can I do, I mean I look at kendrick and think that guy is way more talented than me but hey as long there's no worries as I'm in luck cos no matter how you look at it k.dot loses cos for every one fan k.dot and real hip hop have there will be a hundred and one clueless honeys and brainwashed kids that will like the way I look, the trends I set and what I wear... Etc and nothing about the music. There will be more and more fans of me plus the media, radio and tv are gonna want to cash in on this. I'm gonna be number one on billboard charts for 27 weeks and be in magazines all year long. That works my in favour cos I don't have any talent so More people will be brainwashed and I will sell millions of copies and win awards. But that's just my work, when knockoff from work and get home tired from the trash that is my music. I just put in my Kendrick Lamar cd and listen to real hip hop because how much trash can one person tolerate.

Oh in addition to singing like a robot and having trashy beats on my songs did I also mention that I can't rap? Apologies it should have been the first thing I mentioned.

Ps: I once asked a honey what aspect of my musical skill she likes the most. Her reply: drake you're so hot I could cuddle you. And I bought my 7year old son shoes similar to yours, he liked them very much and thinks you're a cool dude, next week I will buy him your cd too. The one with your number hit on billboard.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ok...said it b4....drake is making d money like jayz during the 90s while nas wasn't really making d money dats. It....but d profound truth is dat drake aint leavin no mark on hiphop...but jayz is an hiphop legend

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by teniola240(f): 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
sEGXY2:
Drake vs Kendrick?

Bro having someone write some of your lyrics for you doesnt mean you are good or not. Kanye west has had lyrics written for him even dr dre, lets come down to Nigeria davido had aiye written for him yet we don't think he ain't a good singer. So i say we shouldn't use that as a judge for a better rapper or anything.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by teniola240(f): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
LorDBolton:

Jeez

No mind them jare. Na hotline bling and one dance them dey listen to.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by RSAMAN(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
teniola240:
No mind them jare. Na hotline bling and one dance them dey listen to.
I love you
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by teniola240(f): 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
RSAMAN:

I love you
Awww...thanks hun.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by DriZee(m): 1:45am On Sep 27, 2016
Drake and kdot are two different rapper with extremely different style of expression........well..about the fact that drake uses a ghost writer....i bet everyone does....'cos i can't imagine a rapper in the studio with his crew.....his homies ain't jst there to eat air while he writes....and the internet has it.....jay z,fat joe,diddy,2pac and many others used ghostwritters......kendrick is an amazing rapper actually...but drake of "so far gone,take care,thank me later,n.w.ts" can neva be undermine by kdot.......
so i'd say the only way outta dis maze is a "DISS".....
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by MaddSkillz: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2016
DriZee:
Drake and kdot are two different rapper with extremely different style of expression........well..about the fact that drake uses a ghost writer....i bet everyone does....'cos i can't imagine a rapper in the studio with his crew.....his homies ain't jst there to eat air while he writes....and the internet has it.....jay z,fat joe,diddy,2pac and many others used ghostwritters......kendrick is an amazing rapper actually...but drake of "so far gone,take care,thank me later,n.w.ts" can neva be undermine by kdot.......
so i'd say the only way outta dis maze is a "DISS".....
you're talking about contribution not ghost writing ... Diss? Nah, drake would be too scared to reply
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by DriZee(m): 7:36am On Sep 27, 2016
MaddSkillz:
you're talking about contribution not ghost writing ... Diss? Nah, drake would be too scared to reply
too scared?.....haha....more like 'too scared to murder kendrick'.....yeah....I've heard he is really compassionate.......but i don't think that's a thing.....'cos they are both great

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kpakpando FM: Fire Guts Radio Station In Anambra / Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music / Nollywood Actress Destiny Etiko Celebrates Her Son On His Birthday (see Post )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.