Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden (64772 Views)

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / Boy Falls Off Palm Tree And Dies In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by fm7070: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
mrmrmister:
Op pls add graphic pics to the subject.
Those things are disgusting.

see butty pikin.
if they fry that thing for you on ofada rice.
you will bite your tongue many times before you finish it.

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Louiscutedude(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
Wat z it called in English pls...
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Op just busy shouting S6 and we didn't see the prepared delicacy. Mtcheeeeww
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by sinceraconcept(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
The Biafran people with eating rubbish. No wonder why they dey have flat head
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gulfer: 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
To oppress people like you grin

Not fazed.......... cool cool, have you tried the Samsung S7edge.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Rajosh(m): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
fry it, garnish it with pepper sauce + a cold drink of your choice. thank me later.

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Handsomecole(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
My S6 Edge is not damaged yet undecided
gulfer:

Not fazed.......... cool cool, have you tried the Samsung S7edge.

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by eyinjuege: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
mecussey:

Very taste, after the worm stage, they will start growing feathers and turning to black like cockroach, that one is even more taste. I tell pple, if you wish to extend your life span, eat living things and not dead things. Eat living plants, and living animal. Living i meant could be 24hrs dead, the cells will still be fresh by then.

YYou said they grow feathers? Or wings you mean?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by pamshuga1(f): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Immediately I saw dead palm tree', I knew what you were going to show us. It's hard to chew anyway.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Thryphosa(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ekiti people don't joke with this, Itun is so tasty and goes well with palm wine. proudly Ikoro-Ekiti indigene.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by jackie3B(f): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
eewwwwww...d tin go dey move inside ur mouth..jesu
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by teemswest(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Olodo b4 u give asinine reply research I little biko use ur ur brain is not for Fancy
SweetJoystick:

Smh Dumbo jumbo..... Google is available on your phone. Do you know what weevil is? What they feed on and their habitat? If you don't know keep quiet. Read and learn from others, dont rush to make a comment so as not to look stupid because you want to make a comment on a thread.... Lastly, be slow to speak and quick to listen, in this case listening is reading, speaking is typing...ever wondered why you have two ears and one mouth?

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by brownlolly(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
ishiamu:
rabish na everything una go eat one day una go eat sacrifice for the gods

The war made people from that side eat almost anything to survive. Thts why they eat hard roasted yam and leaves with palm oil...and these creepy insects found under trees.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by smart024(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
This post is a revelation to me o...
Its not been too long one eastern monkey just claimed his people don't eat this thing here o...

Why I call him an "eastern monkey" is because he is not proud of his heritage and ways of life...
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by AdetayoNL(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
tongue
Its called 'going go' in Ekiti... So yummy
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by brownlolly(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
AdetayoNL:
tongue
Its called 'going go' in Ekiti... So yummy

No wonder Ekiti people chose a numbskull as their leader.

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Brite02:

chai cheesy see beta food!!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by PrinceEvolution(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
in warri we enjoy this kpokpo garri then...i miss my younger days then like kilode..infact just pepper this yummies chill under tree with palmwine or correct ogorro u will forget recession..
Handsomecole:
You welcome bro, I've never tasted with Okro or any other soup, we just fried and garnished it. I hope Lala would do the needful and @ least have a chnage of Snake meat and try this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by mofy1(f): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
To enjoy this better, slice pepper, tomato and onion and hard to the edible worm include little seasoning then allow to cook. No need of groundnut oil because it has its own oil. Then locate a bakery to get just made hot bread with one cold holandia yoghurt. I bet u ur life will never remain the same again. grin kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by XaintJoel20: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
handysuzy:
The economic situation of the nation will make Nigerian to eat even faeces
Your statement sounds childish. That you don't eat something doesn't make it "faeces". I have not tasted it like many other edibles people find delicious, but calling them faeces because I detest them is ridiculous.

Always remember one man's food is another man's poison.

4 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Quelme: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
More pictures.
i nor see any picture o. Na where u paste am to.?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by frisky2good(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
As I see the topic, I just know say na Ipe (palm weevil larvae) OP see. Wetin else wan comot from dead palm? grin
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by fabulousvera(f): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
handysuzy:
if u are not an Igbo girl I'll barely understand did

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by fabulousvera(f): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
handysuzy:
if u are not an Igbo girl I'll barely understand dis
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by AngelAhnie(f): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
You welcome bro, I've never tasted with Okro or any other soup, we just fried and garnished it. I hope Lala would do the needful and @ least have a chnage of Snake meat and try this.

What on earth is that?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by ChinonsoDike2: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
You monkeys are eating worms now?! Disgusting .
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by easzypeaszy(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
nairalandbuzz:
Yummy!
u mean dey eat dis creapy tinz...God
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by 49cents(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:
It is really tasty.

Na for this kind thread dem go see pavore9

Can't this delicacy be bred?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by echibuogwu(m): 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
I wish o could bro, the pictures are way above 5MB cos I snapped with my S6. Anyways would try sha, thanks for appreciating
mtcheew...take style dey tell everybody say u gt S6
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gozzlin: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
Chibuhealth:
that thing contain protein. we eat it in Igbo land. it is called akpa nkwu

Aye, very proteinous. smiley
It has several Igbo names sef, depending on where you come from. Eriri ngwo, eru ngwo, agu ngwo, akpa nkwu are some of them.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by 3sexy: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
This makes me wanna puke !

Oh Gawd why did I open this thread
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
LifeDrama:
God have mercy on us all...don't let us die of hunger, don't allow hunger make us think worm is the best meal for us. Father God we love u..Amen

Hahaha.

I have encountered those worms but was so afraid to touch them. They always inhabit dead palm tree trunks.

They are edible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Guitarfish Caught By Fishermen In Lagos Lagoon This Morning (Photos) / WARNING: Front Page Hijacking No Longer Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.