Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden (64771 Views)

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / Boy Falls Off Palm Tree And Dies In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Handsomecole(m): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Just die undecided
echibuogwu:
mtcheew...take style dey tell everybody say u gt S6

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
MICHEALADEX:
But if that thing bite you blood must com out still very delicious I last took it with palm wine around obah in anambra state.

No dey do that kind thing alone next time..
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by chieveboy(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
To me, they simply look cute. Not sure if I can eat them...

I remember when I was once given fried crickets to eat...I almost fainted at the sight of them...I was 7 then...

They disguised it...and I thought nothing could have tasted better cheesy
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by debbydee(f): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
sanandreas:
Sapele people would understand. It goes with kpokpo garri. Simply delicious.

your head dey there.

#I rep sapele

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gozzlin: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
jackie3B:
eewwwwww...d tin go dey move inside ur mouth..jesu

Babe, you got really mysterious eyes. I bet you can read people's minds with it.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Pavore9: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
49cents:

Na for this kind thread dem go see pavore9

Can't this delicacy be bred?

Lagos raised! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Of course!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by repogirl(f): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
That's grub. Delicacy from my mom's side.....I can't bring myself to eat the fat worms though.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gozzlin: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
brownlolly:

The war made people from that side eat almost anything to survive. Thts why they eat hard roasted yam and leaves with palm oil...and these creepy insects found under trees.

Bigot, blinded by his hatred for Igbos. Please take time to read through the comments on this thread and see that other Nigerians, including yorubas, especially ekiti people attest to the fact that they eat it.

Make hatred and bitterness no kiii you o.

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by mecussey(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
eyinjuege:

YYou said they grow feathers? Or wings you mean?

My brother...Engrish ranguage dey worry me sometimes sha...if e be wings, but i meant that thing wey dem dey use fly like cockroach.

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by 49cents(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:

Lagos raised! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Of course!

Twas brought years ago.....its ibo name is Igu....

But I didn't dare partake in the feast....

So it's breedable!!!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by KevMitnick: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
handysuzy:
The economic situation of the nation will make Nigerian to eat even faeces
That's cold.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gozzlin: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
mofy1:
To enjoy this better, slice pepper, tomato and onion and hard to the edible worm include little seasoning then allow to cook. No need of groundnut oil because it has its own oil. Then locate a bakery to get just made hot bread with one cold holandia yoghurt. I bet u ur life will never remain the same again. grin kiss kiss

Babe, this singular comment of yours don make me fall in love with you. grin

You be correct babe, I swear. grin
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Pavore9: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
49cents:

Twas brought years ago.....its ibo name is Igu....

But I didn't dare partake in the feast....

So it's breedable!!!

First tasted it way back at Emefu's place! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even aku is breedable!
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by omikel(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
MAGGOTS
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by AreaFada2: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Very tasty. Even raw. cry
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by queencalipso(f): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
Footysport:
Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

If you have not take this with okra soup, you are missing some part of life which civilization can never give you

liquid that comes out of this thing has no duplicate grin

Lalasticlala or nah Myn44

I don't know if lalasticlala has ever seen or taste this before cause I heard his only meat nah SNAKE.

Choi!!!! You mean people eat that??
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by ProfDumbledor(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
Yesterday, we have a home Garden where we practice mixed cropping which yields various crops from vegetables ( Ugu,water leaf, bitter leaf,etc) orange, pawpaw, Yam, pear, etc. I would still come up with a full article on the garden which we've had in over 15 years and has become very useful to us especially in this time of recession. Sorry guys, let me not digress from the major reason of the post while trying to uproot the an already dead palm tree stem from our home Garden. We found this, although I know about them very well and I have also tasted them, I buy them from mostly highway hawkers especially when travelling to far places, but I don't know the name. But it's very tasty and nutritious.

In IGBO language I think it's called "apa nsi nsi". We found a huge number of them and we fried and garnished it it onions, sliced pepper and tomatoes.

My Samsung S6 Edge was also on ground to do justice to the photographs.
It's called 'eruru' in Igbo

Enjoy...
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Missmossy(f): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
Looks scary though but is it really sweet??

I can't imagine....

2 Likes

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by ProfDumbledor(m): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Handsomecole:
Yesterday, we have a home Garden where we practice mixed cropping which yields various crops from vegetables ( Ugu,water leaf, bitter leaf,etc) orange, pawpaw, Yam, pear, etc. I would still come up with a full article on the garden which we've had in over 15 years and has become very useful to us especially in this time of recession. Sorry guys, let me not digress from the major reason of the post while trying to uproot the an already dead palm tree stem from our home Garden. We found this, although I know about them very well and I have also tasted them, I buy them from mostly highway hawkers especially when travelling to far places, but I don't know the name. But it's very tasty and nutritious.

In IGBO language I think it's called "apa nsi nsi". We found a huge number of them and we fried and garnished it it onions, sliced pepper and tomatoes.

My Samsung S6 Edge was also on ground to do justice to the photographs.

Enjoy...

It's called 'eruru' in Igbo

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Kobicove(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
gr8gem:
that is eru ngwo in Igbo language, that thing they sweet no be here, thank God say my papa give me when him pick them from dead palm wine tree wey them cut. op no forget me this side o.

It's name is also wakuru-wakuru grin
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by vikendios(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
sidneyj:
that's manner
It's not MANNA. It's just WORM.
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Perceptor(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
SweetJoystick:

Smh Dumbo jumbo..... Google is available on your phone. Do you know what weevil is? What they feed on and their habitat? If you don't know keep quiet. Read and learn from others, dont rush to make a comment so as not to look stupid because you want to make a comment on a thread.... Lastly, be slow to speak and quick to listen, in this case listening is reading, speaking is typing...ever wondered why you have two ears and one mouth?
Boss, weevil is still closer than wat u called it. It's actually rhinoceros bettle larva. palm weevil larva also looks lyk dat but it's a little smaller and has no legs

1 Like

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by jackie3B(f): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
gozzlin:

Babe, you got really mysterious eyes. I bet you can read people's minds with it.
hahaha.am even reading ur mind from here....
tongue
gozzlin:

Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Perceptor(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pavore9:
It is really tasty.
How is the shit in the insect removed?
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Maski87: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Since when did giant maggots become food, na hI'm be say suffer head done come
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Rozaystunna(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
freecocoa:
Ewww!

People get mind o.

The thought of having that in my mouth is making nauseous.
trust me its tasty AF when garnished #agebutter
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by gozzlin: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
jackie3B:

tongue

I know you can. It's very possible. grin Gorgeous eyes, awesome eyes. wink
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Rozaystunna(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
gulfer:
Why are you announcing the highlighted..... angry angry angry angry
you ll die of envy tekino man
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by Kakamorufu(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
me dey see Dem dey hawk am for this sample side. na edible Dem dey call am
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by EternalTruth: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
sidneyj:
that's manner
manner or manna??
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by EternalTruth: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
MICHEALADEX:
But if that thing bite you blood must com out still very delicious I last took it with palm wine around obah in anambra state.
so the thing dey bite? My brother caught it at a dead palm tree at our neighbour's place the thing been sweet die. My brother even ate some raw
Re: See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden by rukygold001(f): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
ooooo my favorite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Guitarfish Caught By Fishermen In Lagos Lagoon This Morning (Photos) / WARNING: Front Page Hijacking No Longer Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.