Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen (3257 Views)

Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel / Travelers Storm Arik For Fare Refund On International Routes / Lagos Driver Places Plastic Chair In His Bus In Order To Make Extra Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by wristbangle: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
Due to the economic quagmire and the high rate of unemployment, some Nigerians resort to seeking greener pastures in foreign countries through crook and illegal means without considering that the following routes may lead to untimely death, deportation and imprisonment.

Here are some of the disgraceful routes Nigerians take in order to become abroad citizens.

1. Borders

I find it very ridiculous for someone to endanger his life by travelling through road from one country border to another in search of greener pastures. Some of them become caught and are deported with immediate effect. The energy wasted on this perilous journey can be channelled to something productive in their motherland

2. Sea/Ocean

It is very risky to travel illegally through ship/boat in order to reach overseas countries. The funny aspect is that when there is a situation of ship mishap or storm leading to loss of lives, some shameless Nigerians will blame PMB/GEJ for their misfortune predicament.

3. Pilgrimage

On yearly basis, Nigeria government subsidize fees for Christian and Muslim pilgrims who travel to Israel and Saudi Arabia for their religious activities. Some Nigerians see this as an opportunity to run away just to become abroad citizens. This is why stringent rules are placed of recent to screen those who are qualified for the pilgrimage exercise.

4. Refugee camp

Some Nigerians don't even value their life as they intentionally travelled to troubled regions and join the caucus of refugees in order to gain access to abroad. Recent statistics even shows that there are certain percentage of Nigerians among the Syria, Somalia and other troubled zone refugees who wants to live in Europe.

5. Tour/Vacation/Holiday Visit

The lawless nature of some Nigerians is so appalling that they even display it in foreign countries. When they have outlived their visiting period, they refuse to return home and will become fugitive hiding from the police in order not to be deported. They hide in ridiculous places such as abandon stores, sewage containers, etc

6. Marriage

The height of desperation to become abroad citizens sometimes make some Nigerian men getting married to a woman who is as old as their grandmothers for the sake of getting stay in a foreign land.

7. Illegal jobs

It's a show of shame to some Nigerians who believe that jobs such as prostitution, cleaner, sewage packers and others can guarantee them access to become an abroad citizen. Isn't it a huge disgrace to see learned Nigerians doing these jobs when at home they can do something legitimate and respectful to become successful?

8. Sport event

We have heard cases where football fans who travelled abroad to support Nigerian team decide not to return home hence disappear. The just concluded Olympic games is an example where significant percentage of Nigerian fans fail to return home of which their whereabouts is unknown till date.

Cc: lalasticlala

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by INTROVERT(f): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
WRONG TITLE

2 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by theEYe21(f): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
It's human instincts to do what it's necessary to survive,it's in our nature. I really don't blame them

5 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
cool cool

What's bad in hustling 'waist chain' cheesy.

As a lady, I can do any of the above to become a citizen. In fact I am #teamForeign# just because I want to run away from 9ja guys smiley tongue.

And the 2nd guy to comment, middle finger up for you tongue smiley

4 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by wristbangle: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
HateU2:
cool cool

What's bad in hustling 'waist chain' cheesy.

As a lady, I can do any of the above to become a citizen. In fact I am #teamForeign# just because I want to run away from 9ja guys smiley tongue.

And the 2nd guy to comment, middle finger up for you tongue smiley

And do you think that will guarantee you success? Stay at home to do something legitimate that will make u earn a living abeg. Lol running from naija guys? What have we done to you young lady?
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
wristbangle:

And do you think that will guarantee you success? Stay at home to do something legitimate that will make u earn a living abeg. Lol running from naija guys? What have we done to you young lady?
In this period of recession, as we are making the money, we are spending it.
I'm running away Please.
9ja guys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Aremu01(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Yr title should be modified As this is not peculiar to Nigeria only
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by tosyne2much(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Nice write-up oga Wristbangle.... You forgot those ones wey go enter inside carton for Murtala Int'l Airport with the aim of landing at the UK not knowing the plane will be landing in Sokoto cheesy
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by divinehand2003(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
True talk dear OP
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by divinehand2003(m): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
INTROVERT:
WRONG TITLE

Pls explain why?

1 Like

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Viktor1983(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Washing dishes abroad is better than Nigeria right now....Ask somebody

2 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by anonimi: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
Viktor1983:
Washing dishes abroad is better than Nigeria right now....Ask somebody

Let me ask Dullard'apo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3381879_168046_jpegbc55e6d7f4fd3025f6bfe56b49496ba8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by wristbangle: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
True talk dear OP

Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by ritababe(f): 2:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by mantleguy(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2016
wristbangle:
Due to the economic quagmire and the high rate of unemployment, some Nigerians resort to seeking greener pastures in foreign countries through crook and illegal means without considering that the following routes may lead to untimely death, deportation and imprisonment.

Here are some of the disgraceful routes Nigerians take in order to become abroad citizens.

1. Borders

I find it very ridiculous for someone to endanger his life by travelling through road from one country border to another in search of greener pastures. Some of them become caught and are deported with immediate effect. The energy wasted on this perilous journey can be channelled to something productive in their motherland

2. Sea/Ocean

It is very risky to travel illegally through ship/boat in order to reach overseas countries. The funny aspect is that when there is a situation of ship mishap or storm leading to loss of lives, some shameless Nigerians will blame PMB/GEJ for their misfortune predicament.

3. Pilgrimage

On yearly basis, Nigeria government subsidize fees for Christian and Muslim pilgrims who travel to Israel and Saudi Arabia for their religious activities. Some Nigerians see this as an opportunity to run away just to become abroad citizens. This is why stringent rules are placed of recent to screen those who are qualified for the pilgrimage exercise.

4. Refugee camp

Some Nigerians don't even value their life as they intentionally travelled to troubled regions and join the caucus of refugees in order to gain access to abroad. Recent statistics even shows that there are certain percentage of Nigerians among the Syria, Somalia and other troubled zone refugees who wants to live in Europe.

5. Tour/Vacation/Holiday Visit

The lawless nature of some Nigerians is so appalling that they even display it in foreign countries. When they have outlived their visiting period, they refuse to return home and will become fugitive hiding from the police in order not to be deported. They hide in ridiculous places such as abandon stores, sewage containers, etc

6. Marriage

The height of desperation to become abroad citizens sometimes make some Nigerian men getting married to a woman who is as old as their grandmothers for the sake of getting stay in a foreign land.

7. Illegal jobs

It's a show of shame to some Nigerians who believe that jobs such as prostitution, cleaner, sewage packers and others can guarantee them access to become an abroad citizen. Isn't it a huge disgrace to see learned Nigerians doing these jobs when at home they can do something legitimate and respectful to become successful?

8. Sport event

We have heard cases where football fans who travelled abroad to support Nigerian team decide not to return home hence disappear. The just concluded Olympic games is an example where significant percentage of Nigerian fans fail to return home of which their whereabouts is unknown till date.

Cc: lalasticlala

Very nonsensical post. It didn't make any meaning to me. Poor usage of words,
all your points are totally disconnected from the title of the thread.

And for the fact that you mentioned lalasticala, so this crap should be brought to front page is just laughable.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by mantleguy(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
Nice write-up oga Wristbangle.... You forgot those ones wey go enter inside carton for Murtala Int'l Airport with the aim of landing at UK cheesy
Landing at UK.... Lolzzz
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by OlowoB(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2016
wrsitbangle aka tosyne2much, I think your craving for front page is making you churn out useless topics. You are one guy who I always look forward to seeing your topics but to be honest, you are losing it.

please permit me to ask, how is marriage an illegal route? getting married to a citizen is acceptable by law in many of the developed countries if not all. The motive of the individual might be bad but that does not make marriage an illegal route. Get your facts right. Who are you to judge if a young guy of say 20 gets married to a woman of 50? is it not in that same Naija an ex beauty queen of about 28 or there about is married to a man of 70+? did she do it to get citizenship? I don't support such but that does not make me judge people that do it. Love is unpredictable ask Dabota Lawson and Grand pa Sunny aku grin

Illegal jobs: What are you on about? How is been a cleaner, sewage packer an illegal job? and how does these jobs even make one a citizen? please don't embarrass yourself on a public forum by saying things you are unsure of or you know little about.

As for the remaining points, I agree with you that they are routes some people use to enter into foreign countries but not necessarily becoming CITIZENS. shalom

1 Like

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by wristbangle: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
mantleguy:

Very nonsensical post. It didn't make any meaning to me. Poor usage of words,
all your points are totally disconnected from the title of the thread.

And for the fact that you mentioned lalasticala, so this crap should be brought to front page is just laughable.

Thank you cool
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by tosyne2much(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
OlowoB:
wrsitbangle aka tosyne2much, I think your craving for front page is making you churn out useless topics. You are one guy who I always look forward to seeing your topics but to be honest, you are losing it.

please permit me to ask, how is marriage an illegal route? getting married to a citizen is acceptable by law in many of the developed countries if not all. The motive of the individual might be bad but that does not make marriage an illegal route. Get your facts right. Who are you to judge if a young guy of say 20 gets married to a woman of 50? is it not in that same Naija an ex beauty queen of about 28 or there about is married to a man of 70+? did she do it to get citizenship? I don't support such but that does not make me judge people that do it. Love is unpredictable ask Dabota Lawson and Grand pa Sunny aku grin

Illegal jobs: What are you on about? How is been a cleaner, sewage packer an illegal job? and how does these jobs even make one a citizen? please don't embarrass yourself on a public forum by saying things you are unsure of or you know little about.

As for the remaining points, I agree with you that they are routes some people use to enter into foreign countries but not necessarily becoming CITIZENS. shalom
Bro, I believe it is not a good idea to churn out discouraging comment at the good work of others. At least, even if you want to criticize someone's write-up, you should be logical and honest with your comment

Mind you, Tosyne2much and Wristbangle are not the same
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by OlowoB(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, I believe it is not a good idea to churn out discouraging comment at the good work of others. At least, even if you want to criticize someone's write-up, you should be logical and honest with your comment

Trust me bro, I was as honest and logical as I could be in my response to ops thread. I understand the system perfectly and I know what I am saying. If you feel I was not logical, point it out and I will further clarify myself.

As for you not been the same with wristbangle, it is very strange that most of your topic, wrist bangle is always the first to comment and vice versa. Just my observation, I could be wrong.

If truly you are not the same persin as wristbangle, sorry for the mix up. I must say tosyne2much topics are always very nice and cool. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Rapzino: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
tosyne2much:

Bruhhh

1 Like

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is how i'll run abroad when i have the chance...

1 Like

Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by maternal: 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Number 8 is very true. I'm in canada and their was a soccer tournament along with an independent day celebration at the embassy. Some fans and drummers came. When it was time to go nobody showed up at the airport. I've heard some claimed asalyum and got it. Ironically their "shameful" practice has them living better than most Nigerians. What should be discussed is why people have to take such desperate measures.
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Ugosample(m): 12:04am On Oct 29, 2016
maternal:
Number 8 is very true. I'm in canada and their was a soccer tournament along with an independent day celebration at the embassy. Some fans and drummers came. When it was time to go nobody showed up at the airport. I've heard some claimed asalyum and got it. Ironically their "shameful" practice has them living better than most Nigerians. What should be discussed is why people have to take such desperate measures.

Wow!!
very interesting
Re: 8 Illegal Routes Nigerians Take In Order To Become An Abroad Citizen by Ajusshi: 6:14am On Oct 29, 2016
maternal:

Please, when are they organising another tournament? grin wink

Can't wait to escape from this hell called Nigeria.
Thanks for your help.

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigerian-german Man Caught With Cocaine In Digestive System At Las Vegas Airport / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.