Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson (56343 Views)

Man Surprises Wife With A Car For Not Leaving Him When He Was Broke / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Man Surprises His Wife With Range Rover On Her Birthday/Wedding In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by iRepNaija1: 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
Destined2win:
A woman who does not value little things will still find it difficult to value big things

The same thing can be said of men. But you and 75% of nairalanders are always so busy bashing women.

2 Likes

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by iRepNaija1: 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Destined2win:
A woman who does not value little things will still find it difficult to value big things

The same thing can be said of men. But you and 75% of nairalanders are always so busy bashing women. sad

1 Like

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by iRepNaija1: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
anonimi:

............as a function of his NETWORTH, right?
As a function of his charitable philanthropic works compared to this black nonentity buying oyinbo made vehicles and feeling hip?

Olowo kan ni arin otoshi mefa, otoshi ni gbogbo won - One rich person among six poor people, makes ALL of them a bunch of poor loafers.
Apart from the TAX people, EFCC people may need to check the guy out for the source of his flaunted income.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3220186_img20151214153014_jpeg944d232242e6cddd1a88b08cafb93b89

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689

You're deflecting. You stated through you pictures that rich people act like they're broke. Rich people spend rich people money. The only difference is he spends his money on things he values, such as philanthropy and travel, while Nigerian people seem to not purchase enough cars.
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Codes151(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
News no dey Naija anymore! Anything hits fp! Okay, I bought range for my wife. Who e help if I post it Come op na your sister? Or what? Busy body!
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
He does know that most accidents happen in the first two years of driving. grin
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cococandy(f): 2:10am On Sep 25, 2016
Billyonaire:
A very poor country. How is buying a mercedez now a big deal.
Enough to make the news. Good question.
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cococandy(f): 2:10am On Sep 25, 2016
doll912:
Their money, their marriage,their business... nice gesture....if you can afford it.... if you can't, for goodness sake, don't hate .
kiss
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cococandy(f): 2:14am On Sep 25, 2016
Let people spend their money how they wish
anonimi:

............as a function of his NETWORTH, right?
As a function of his charitable philanthropic works compared to this black nonentity buying oyinbo made vehicles and feeling hip?

Olowo kan ni arin otoshi mefa, otoshi ni gbogbo won - One rich person among six poor people, makes ALL of them a bunch of poor loafers.
Apart from the TAX people, EFCC people may need to check the guy out for the source of his flaunted income.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3220186_img20151214153014_jpeg944d232242e6cddd1a88b08cafb93b89

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cc150615(f): 5:43am On Sep 25, 2016
#HusbandGoals right there!
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by anonimi: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2016
cococandy:
Let people spend their money how they wish

I have not said anything contrary.
I have only said the TAX authorities should beam their searchlight on his personal income returns to ensure he was properly assessed and any TAX shortfall is duly collected.
Do you have any problem with that

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/74vc52ydm52c5t07ebvrac20n353e0oy19384[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by anonimi: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Billyonaire:
A very poor country. How is buying a mercedez now a big deal.

A very poor country because most people, rich and poor do not pay their TAXES accordingly hence there is not enough funds and accountability to ensure provision of education for all, tap water, clinics etc that will create VALUE in the society for generally wealthy nation.
Get it?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

1 Like

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by justwise(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2016
Trina0936:

I only spend on those who spend on me undecided Its called mutualism. tongue
Besides hardworking people dont wait for someone to make them somebody. They work for it. I hate lazy peeps generally. undecided

I guess that include women who run after rich men? Women who suddenly get loved up with you because you are somebody?

I love the idea of 'mutualisation' but how many women understand that? Very few.

..for a record..i got no problem whatsoever with the idea of spending on somebody you love but it shouldn't be the condition of love.

2 Likes

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

A very poor country because most people, rich and poor do not pay their TAXES accordingly hence there is not enough funds and accountability to ensure provision of education for all, tap water, clinics etc that will create VALUE in the society for generally wealthy nation.
Get it?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

Why would they want to pay taxes when their money is not used for the common good but lands in the pockets of those in power?

Why would they want to pay taxes when they don't trust that their money will be invested in infrastructure, health care and education?

In developed countries, it's not even possible not to pay taxes, they will come after you the day you refuse to pay your taxes. Why? Their administration works and it works because the tax payers money is used for it to work. Those who find a way around paying taxes will be held accountable and may even up in prison if they are caught but more importantly those who collect taxes have to be transparent about what the tax payers money is spent on - else they will be held accountable too.

2 Likes

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by anonimi: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Mindfulness:
Why would they want to pay taxes when their money is not used for the common good but lands in the pockets of those in power?

Why would they want to pay taxes when they don't trust that their money will be invested in infrastructure, health care and education?

In developed countries, it's not even possible not to pay taxes, they will come after you the day you refuse to pay your taxes. Why? Their administration works and it works because the tax payers money is used for it to work. Those who find a way around paying taxes will be held accountable and may even up in prison if they are caught but more importantly those who collect taxes have to be transparent about what the tax payers money is spent on - else they will be held accountable too.

Why do you think the 1st Republic politicians were LESS corrupt than the public servants we have today?
Do you think that it is linked to the fact that a substantial part of their revenue came from TAXES collected from the people directly or those who own businesses unlike today where the bulk of the money comes from monthly sharing Niger Delta oil revenue?
Is there a HIGHER probability that if YOU pay someone to do a job directly you will follow up to ensure the job is done properly (accountability)?
Are people in the developed countries more intelligent INDIVIDUALLY than we are

1 Like

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

Why do you think the 1st Republic politicians were LESS corrupt than the public servants we have today?

How do you know they were less corrupt?

Do you think that it is linked to the fact that a substantial part of their revenue came from TAXES collected from the people directly or those who own businesses unlike today where the bulk of the money comes from monthly sharing Niger Delta oil revenue?
Is there a HIGHER probability that if YOU pay someone to do a job directly you will follow up to ensure the job is done properly (accountability)?

I don't know because I don't know that they were less corrupt. I just understand why so many Nigerians refuse to pay taxes. The mechanic who is asked to pay taxes but is not guaranteed stable electricity in his garage or the fisherman who is not given free education for his children and yet expected to pay so that those in power can send their kids abroad.

Are people in the developed countries more intelligent INDIVIDUALLY than we are

A big NO!
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cococandy(f): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
anonimi:

I have not said anything contrary .

@bold, Yes you have. What if I want the $300 dollar bag with nothing in it? How is it your place to tell me what value of bag to carry and what I should have in it?

You people police others too much. Live and let live. Not everyone wants money sitting their account waiting for the rainy day while they use stuff they don't really enjoy.
While we may question the reasoning behind such choices, its overkill to shame people for being big spenders when they are spending their own money. You can disapprove without being so vocal about it seeing as it is their own life.

And I'm saying this because it has become like a norm. Somebody can't buy what they like in peace anymore or celebrate an expensive gift given to them by a loved one without the spending police swooping in on them to them make them feel bad about their happy moment.

Y'all should take a chill pill biko.
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by robosky02(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
AngelAhnie:
God pick Robosky02 s call

amen cheesy kiss
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by AngelAhnie(f): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
robosky02:

amen cheesy kiss
And Amen, I want the best for my one and only Boskykiss
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by anonimi: 4:54am On Sep 26, 2016
cococandy:
@bold, Yes you have. What if I want the $300 dollar bag with nothing in it? How is it your place to tell me what value of bag to carry and what I should have in it?

You people police others too much. Live and let live. Not everyone wants money sitting their account waiting for the rainy day while they use stuff they don't really enjoy.
While we may question the reasoning behind such choices, its overkill to shame people for being big spenders when they are spending their own money. You can disapprove without being so vocal about it seeing as it is their own life.

And I'm saying this because it has become like a norm. Somebody can't buy what they like in peace anymore or celebrate an expensive gift given to them by a loved one without the spending police swooping in on them to them make them feel bad about their happy moment.

Y'all should take a chill pill biko.

I imagine that you, like most blacks, complain about racism and the police (and civilians) killing blacks in the US without any repercussion. Don't you?
Have you ever wondered why Koreans, Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis and other Asians are not killed so easily
BTW, where/how and from WHOM do you think rich people make their money?

hairyanus:
I simply know that i am not an enemy of progress. To that end, good news about Nigeria is what i look out for. I also know that Bill is to big to be bought...

We shall conquer polio.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1963886_img20141221222908_jpega5ceb77b383c01e7aae6ff14909fc6c8

Royal2010:
BILL Gates took the world by storm when in 1985, his company, Microsoft, introduced Windows, an operating system compatible with all personal computer software products developed on the MS-DOS system. It was a grand breakthrough which not only profited Gates and his company, but also benefited most PC users. Leveraging on the success of Windows, Gates, in 1986, took Microsoft public with an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of $21 per share. With his 45 per cent of the company’s 24.7 million shares, he became a multi-millionaire at the age of 31. A year later, he became a billionaire when Microsoft’s stock rose to $90.75 a share. In 1999, with stock prices at an all time high, Gates’ net-worth rose to $101 billion.

But Gates has proved that money does not make a man but that rather it is what man makes with money that makes him. Though programming and money brought him to the world stage, it is his eagerness to lend a hand and his heart to the vulnerable that has made him a world citizen. He is immensely wealthy and has everything money can buy, yet he closely associates with those who have nothing and is prepared to share his all with them. He goes out of his way to ensure the comfort of those who have no chance whatsoever of reciprocating his good gesture. He and his wife, Melinda, have decided to give out 95 per cent of their means to charity through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Nigeria has benefitted tremendously from this deed.

One of the issues that have attracted the attention of Gates is polio eradication. He has demonstrated unwavering commitment to see Nigeria exit the group of polio endemic countries more than any Nigerian dead or alive. He even has more information than Nigerian leaders about areas in the country where the war against polio is being lost. In a newspaper interview earlier in the year, he said, “We have some local governments that are still not as engaged in the activities as they should be. In fact, I’ll give the President, when I meet with him today (September 27, 2012), a list of those local governments, so that he can work with the governors to approve that.”

After meeting with Gates in New York, President Goodluck Jonathan returned to Nigeria and summoned governors of states still harbouring polio with a charge to stem the tide of polio in their domains. Similarly, the Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication (PTFPE) was set up to advise and monitor polio eradication progress shortly after a meeting between Gates and President Jonathan in Abuja last year.

Gates has visited the country a number of times to sensitise the leaders to the need to put an end to the polio scourge. He even had to get the 36 state governors as well as the Federal Capital Territory minister to sign up to the Nigeria Immunization Challenge launched by his foundation earlier in the year. The Challenge set specific objectives that needed to be met during each quarter of 2012 with a view to freeing Nigerian children from the clutch of polio. The Challenge became necessary because although Nigeria made great progress in 2010, reducing polio by 95 per cent, it was not sustained in 2011, which resulted in the resurgence of the polio virus in the year with an increase in 2012. According to Global Polio Eradication Initiative in the latest edition of its Weekly Polio Update, Nigeria is the only country with ongoing transmission of all three serotypes.

As a motivation for the governors, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation stated that it would award every state that met all the necessary threshold criteria by the end of 2012 a $500,000 grant to support their top health priorities which could include priority initiatives in public health, such as malaria and tuberculosis, improving immunization, HIV prevention and treatment, or safe drinking water and hygiene promotion. In addition to the grant, the foundation promised that governors who achieved the goals would receive special recognition from Gates for their contribution to the elimination of polio. Winning governors would also be highlighted in his foundation’s communications, such as Gates’ annual letter or the foundation’s annual report, social media materials and Gates’ public engagements globally.

Gates’ foundation also teamed up with Aliko Dangote Foundation to stop the spread of polio in Kano State. Under a four-year alliance, the foundations would provide funding, equipment and technical support to the Kano State government to strengthen polio immunisation.

Apart from committing billions of Naira to the polio eradication campaign in the country, Gates has provided leadership in the campaign, showing more concern about the spread of the debilitating but preventable disease in the country than those elected to govern the people.

But his altruistic activities in Nigeria are not restricted to polio eradication; he is also committed to caging malaria, which is said to kill at least 10 Nigerian children daily. He is determined to wrest Nigerian infants, children, and pregnant women from the jaws of death occasioned by malaria. Since he set it as his objective in 2007 to see to the eradication of malaria from the world in his lifetime, Gates has been working hard to actualise this goal.

He is motivated to join hands with others to fight malaria in Nigeria and other developing countries because he is aware of the direct contribution of malaria to poverty, losses in productivity and reduced school attendance. The Gates Foundation has been involved in the distribution of insecticide-treated bed nets and effective drugs in Nigeria. He is also involved in funding research on the development and delivery of new malaria drugs, particularly for treating acute malaria in at-risk populations such as; infants, young children, and pregnant women. To actualise the malaria eradication dream, his foundation is working on developing a safe, effective and affordable vaccine against malaria.

Recently, he promised to support the development of vaccines to fight tuberculosis with $220million over a period of five years. This has resulted in the development of six possible TB vaccines that are currently being tested.

Despite the direct intervention of his foundation in the eradication of polio and malaria and the stemming of other diseases, he also has donated $1.4billion to Global Funds to Fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in different countries of the world.

Just as he is committed to eradicating polio and malaria so is he resolute to boost agricultural production in the country.

Earlier in the year, he provided $12million for the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) to improve yam production in Nigeria and Ghana. The project according to IITA would focus on increasing yields through better seed tuber supply and improving markets for the underground, edible tuber.

The multifaceted five-year effort is expected to double the incomes of three million small-holder farming families.

IITA said, “The initial focus of the project is on 200,000 smallholder farm families in Nigeria and Ghana, 90 per cent of whom cultivate less than two acres. A key priority is to ensure that affordable pest- and disease-free seed yams are available to farmers, along with storage and handling technologies that can reduce post-harvest loss.”

With the initiative, yam breeders would develop and widely disseminate new, higher-yielding, disease-resistant varieties.

In addition to that, he is also funding to the tune of $9.8m a research project into whether cereal crops can be genetically engineered with nitrogen-fixing bacteria. The essence is to create cereal crops that can access nitrogen from the air using symbiotic bacteria, reducing the need for expensive chemical fertiliser.

The focus of the investigation will be maize and the purpose of the intervention is to help small subsistence farmers.

But before we chose Gate, some Nigerians were considered for the Tribune Man of the Year alongside Bill Gates.

The Gates’ edge is that through his intervention, he has been able to improve the wellbeing of many Nigerians. Without standing to gain anything, he has deployed his resources to uplift the average Nigerian. Quite a number of Nigerians are sleeping under insecticide-treated bed nets donated by Bill Gates, many are getting free anti-malaria drugs donated by him, many tuberculosis patients have access to free medical treatment through his intervention, many HIV/AIDS patients can easily access anti-retroviral drugs and the lives of many infants and their mothers have been saved from untimely death because of his input. Gates has also been able to galvanise the federal, state and local governments to take action concerning polio eradication. Very soon, the production of yam and maize would get a boost because of his commitment to increase food production and reduce poverty in the country.

If there is anyone who puts his resources and energy behind the desire for a better life for the majority in the country, it is Bill Gates. If there is a friend who will not stop at anything to put smiles on the faces of Nigeria’s poor, it is Bill Gates. This American has demonstrated his unequivocal affection for Nigeria; he even loves Nigeria more than many Nigerians. He is, therefore, our Man of the Year.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/2088-tribune-man-of-the-year

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
What's your point? I never discouraged anyone from engaging in charity.
anonimi:

I imagine that you, like most blacks, complain about racism and the police (and civilians) killing blacks in the US without any repercussion. Don't you?
Have you ever wondered why Koreans, Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis and other Asians are not killed so easily
BTW, where/how and from WHOM do you think rich people make their money?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
justwise:

I guess that include women who run after rich men? Women who suddenly get loved up with you because you are somebody?

I love the idea of 'mutualisation' but how many women understand that? Very few.

..for a record..i got no problem whatsoever with the idea of spending on somebody you love but it shouldn't be the condition of love.
We are both saying the same thing! Everyone isn't the same.
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
iRepNaija1:

The same thing can be said of men. But you and 75% of nairalanders are always so busy bashing women.
That is the problem I have with these men. Hypocritism undecided
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
I open this thread because of the model of the car cool

#MercedesFreak

I thought I was the only one. cool
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
LadyMercedes:

I thought I was the only one. cool

Laday Mercedes grin
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
Trina0936:

We are both saying the same thing! Everyone isn't the same.

Cool, case closed grin
Re: Man Surprises Wife With A N15million GLA250 For Passing Her Driving Lesson by Drgodtime123: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2015 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this deadly disease within 14days of usage, I am now free from the deadly disease called herpes, all thanks to DR.BOADI, Contact this great herbal doctor via his email drgodstimeboadi@gmail.com or drgodstimeboadi@gmail.com call or whatsapp him on his mobile number (+2348144964531)

[i][/i][b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies 4 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Twins Burnt To Death In Calabar After Mother Went To Meet Boyfriend (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.