Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest (1615 Views)

Obiano & Wife On Victory Road March To Thank Anambra People For Their Support / IPOB Blasts Igbo Leaders' Meeting With Osibanjo, Says They're Jobbers / IPOB Blasts Yoruba Supporting Secret Trial For Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
[size=15pt]– expressed disappointment in Ebonyi people for failing to join the stay-at-home protest

– The group described the people as cowards who did not behave like real Igbos [/size]

The Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) has lashed out at Ebonyi people for failing to conform to the sit-at-home protest.

The pro-Biafra group had called on all Igbos living in the south east to stay at home as a way of protesting the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the IPOB and the director of Radio Biafra.

Biafrans Kanu was detained by security operatives in October, 2015 on treasonable charges and has been in Kuje prison since then.

While there was compliance in Anambra on Friday, September 23 where residents stayed in their houses and markets were deserted, Ebonyi people went about their normal duties without any indication that they were participating in the protest.

Vanguard reports that Mr. Ugochukwu Nweke who is the coordinator of IPOB in Ebonyi observed the sit-at-home protest with some of the members but berated the majority of the people for not conforming to it.

Nweke described Ebonyi people as coward and myopic.

“Ebonyi People are myopic but we the Indigenous People of Biafra are resolute, we cannot succumb to all manner of threats, intimidations and harassments by security agents and the Nigeria government. “

We are unstoppable and we cannot mind Ebonyi people who are not concerned on Biafra course, they have never behaved like Igbos.”

A similar incidence occoured in Owerri, Imo state where residents went about their usual business.

The failure of the order in Imo was largely due to a counter-instruction from Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, the original founder of MASSOB and leader of the Biafra Independence Movement (BIM).

Speaking through his director of information, Mr Sunday Okerafor, Uwazuruike had urged his followers to ignore the order to sit at home. He said: “The IPOB order is selfish and I’ll timed. “Giving such an order in the face of the current economic hardship inflicted on Ndigbo by the Nigerian government, will cause more harm than good.”

Read more: https://www.naij.com/980458-biafra-protest-ebonyi-people-fake-igbos-myopic-ipob-spits-fire.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
The Useless Protest Failed In Imo State:

The Useless Protest Failed In Ebonyi State..

Now they said Ebonyi People Never Behaved Like Igbos....So They Knew This Fact, Yet They Want To annex Ebonyi State as Part Of Their Phantom Country.

Useless set of illiterates.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
lalasticlala For the sake of Fairness, please lets give news a wider coverage....Thank You.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala For the sake of Fairness, please lets give news a wider coverage....Thank You.
if husband refuses to come you will start blaming one of your uncles in the village....always say the truth so that nature ll be kind to you btw these same yorubas that have been making jest of how ebonyi is dirty and bushy Ll change mouth like chameleon believe a man from that tribe @ your own peril gosh !

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Cutehector(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ebonyi people are not part of IPOB

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by madridguy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by ekesimo(m): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
lol. pathetic indeed, keep on looking for ways to rub off the truth while it keeps staring at ur face. keep on looking for loop holes in BIAFRA matters while the salient message has been passed. keep on begging for attention where there is none.

Lol... indeed u guys re just paid, desperate, e-sycophants, always striving hard to plead ur masters.

Dee lala, biko help them and push it so they will be paid. But bear it in mind that The message has been passed.

Ndewo

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
My only joy about today is that the message were passed successfully, people of the land of the rising sun concurred. Not only that, people stand in solidarity..

God Bless Nnamdi Kanu!

Umu Chineke Udo Diri Unu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Tolexander: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
We are unstoppable and we cannot mind Ebonyi people who are not concerned on Biafra course, they have never behaved like Igbos.
I still always wonder why the discrimination against the Ebonyi people by the Ndigbo! They treat Ebonyi people as if they are not human at all, yet they want them to fight the Biafra cause. Where is that done?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Abagworo(m): 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

We are unstoppable and we cannot mind Ebonyi people
who are not concerned on Biafra course, they have
never behaved like Igbos.”
A similar incidence occoured in Owerri, Imo state
where residents went about their usual busines

After reading this I hope those that don't understand why I fight people like Chino and I am not in support of IPOB will get my point. Any person or organization that thinks some Igbos are bigger than others will fail and will never get my support.
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Abagworo(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Tolexander:
I still always wonder why the discrimination against the Ebonyi people by the Ndigbo! They treat Ebonyi people as if they are not human at all, yet they want them to fight the Biafra cause. Where is that done?

It is not Ndigbo but a part of Igbo that creates all these divisions. You cannot find Imo people doing that against Ebonyi. Every true Igbo man knows the part of Igboland creating all these divisions but only Okorocha was bold enough to say it.
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ndi Anambra Scamming and positioning to rule a phantom country... grin angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ebonyans don't subscribe to the ideology of IPOB. I'm from Ebonyi state, and I can tell you that IPOB have very few members in Ebonyi. I'm all for self-determination, but IPOB need to modify their strategy to gain more convert.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

It is not Ndigbo but a part of Igbo that creates all these divisions. You cannot find Imo people doing that against Ebonyi. Every true Igbo man knows the part of Igboland creating all these divisions but only Okorocha was bold enough to say it.

Say it as it is! Call the name! Ndi Anambra.....That is where you find large chunk of uneducated igbo people..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

[s]Say it as it is! Call the name! Ndi Anambra.....That where you find large chunk of uneducated igbo people..[/s]
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Abagworo(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
blues20:
Ebonyans don't subscribe to the ideology of IPOB. I'm from Ebonyi state, and I can tell you that IPOB have very few members in Ebonyi. I'm all for self-determination, but IPOB need to modify their strategy to gain more convert.

Thank you my brother. The issue is inclusiveness and silent strategy. No true lover of Igboland will support their modus operandi.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Ikechukwu48: 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
This is pure desperation from agbagworo and the OP.

Tufiakwa!!!

Ebonyi people..go to IPOB website and Facebook page...if you can find one, just ONE indication there that support what the article claimed they said..call me a fool.

Ignore this piece of shit from APC as usual. If you guys didn't do the Sit at home, it does not matter. The message was passed along by the rest of your brothers anyway

1 Like

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Doug07034780891(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
We are the masters, we need no introduction as we are the people that brought education to our region- SE. From the great Zik to Ojukwu to Achebe to Ekwueme to Chike Obi etc. The only reason Igbos are celebrated is because of Anambra. Jua ese ofuma..

NgeneUkwenu:

Say it as it is! Call the name! Ndi Anambra.....That is where you find large chunk of uneducated igbo people..

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
You guys tired to push the fake news through vanguard, it didn't work when people discovered you guys prank, now, you have decided to push it through hungry blogger site grin I luv my Ebonyi brothers, and sisters, I know some of you were disappointed by eastern compliance today, you guys are trying so hard to develop issues where none exist.

This is fake site you guys used before http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ipob-sit-home-order-ebonyi-people-cowards-myopic-biafra-struggle-says-ipo/

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Thank you my brother. The issue is inclusiveness and silent strategy. No true lover of Igboland will support their modus operandi.
I just hope they will take notice. The course is noble, but the method is important. However, I admire their tenacity. I wish they can adopt a more civil and realistic measure...... and also prioritize on the unity of Igboland, both South South South East Igbos, etc.
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Doug07034780891(m): 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
MASSOB founder and IPOB founder are both from Imo state. The head office of MASSOB/IPOB till today is in Okwe in Imo state. Buhari should deploy fighter jet to go and bomb Imo state to shreds because that's where these miscreants are recruited and sent to other states to cause confusion.

NgeneUkwenu:
Ndi Anambra Scamming and positioning to rule a phantom country... grin angry

1 Like

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Ikechukwu48: 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
blues20:

Dude they didn't say any of what the article claimed they did. Go to their website, their broadcast today is actually there. Likewise visit their facebook page....NOT once was Ebonyi even mentioned throughout the whole thing. If you need the link to their pages, I'll be happy to link it up.

Just ignore the obvious divide and rule tatics. IPoB didn't care if ebonyi participated or not. Infact even in their Facebook page, they stated they are shocked the amount of town they actually got to shut down....that tells you that honestly didn'the expect much compliance as they recieved today thus obviously they aren't shocked that some didn't follow through.

Ignore this people desperate attempt

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
MASSOB founder and IPOB founder are both from Imo state. The head office of MASSOB/IPOB till today is in Okwe in Imo state. Buhari should deploy fighter jet to go and bomb Imo state to shreds because that's where these miscreants are recruited and sent to other states to cause confusion.

Chino! Achorom iju gi: I na akwado ihe a nile Umu IPOB na eme?
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

cool
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Dude they didn't say any of what the article claimed they did. Go to their website, their broadcast today is actually there. Likewise visit their facebook page....NOT once was Ebonyi even mentioned throughout the whole thing. If you need the link to their pages, I'll be happy to link it up.

Just ignore the obvious divide and rule tatics. IPoB didn't care if ebonyi participated or not. Infact even in their Facebook page, they stated they are shocked the amount of town they actually got to shut down....that tells you that honestly didn'the expect much compliance as they recieved today thus obviously they aren't shocked that some didn't follow through.

Ignore this people desperate attempt

I would not want to argue, but honestly, IPOB need to rethink their strategy.
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
We are the masters, we need no introduction as we are the people that brought education to our region- SE. From the great Zik to Ojukwu to Achebe to Ekwueme to Chike Obi etc. The only reason Igbos are celebrated is because of Anambra. Jua ese ofuma..

Hmmmmm
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Emancipation: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
blues20:

Oga that news is fake. its your choice to believe it. IPOB at this point is the most active liberation movement for biafra. Massob and the rest are also trying but are not as proactive as IPOB.

IPOB will only refine their means as time goes on.
Re: IPOB Blasts Ebonyi People For Ignoring Biafra Protest by Doug07034780891(m): 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
My concern is for Buhari to level Imo state with nuclear bomb because that is where Uwazurike the founder of MASSOB/IPOB comes from and that's the headquarters of the group. Imo state people are the problem of the Igbos.

NgeneUkwenu:

Chino! Achorom iju gi: I na akwado ihe a nile Umu IPOB na eme?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa's Xenophobic Attack And The Ghana - Must-ģo Case / Falana: NIA Shouldn’t Be Allowed To Play On The Intelligence Of Nigerians / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.