Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Problem Using Airtel Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Problem Using Airtel Data (1834 Views)

Glo Free Browsing 2017 Using Airtel Pro Summeris Vpn / Browse Up To 89 Sites Including Nairaland Using Airtel Sim Free Of Charge / How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Using Airtel Data by Kingy10: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
I noticed that whenever I download files especially zip format either with IDM on system or UC browser on my device. The file is always a corrupted file. I have noticed this for quite a long time, when I downloaded MS Office 2016 of about 2.2gb, I encountered a problem unpacking the file. It has happened almost countless times especially when I download zip files.
Any suggestion on how to fix this?
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by Babalegba(m): 3:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Make sure you pause the download as soon as your data subscription is finished on airtel because if you don't the download continues for some time but the data will be corrupted
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2016
Babalegba:
Make sure you pause the download as soon as your data subscription is finished on airtel because if you don't the download continues for some time but the data will be corrupted

I noticed this as well, especially with the midnight plan that they do.
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by Kingy10: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2016
Babalegba:
The one that happened yesterday, I used airtel bb plan on Android to download just 25mb zip. I still encounter the problem
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2016
Something that is wrong with Airtel. The network be behaving like waste sometimes.
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 7:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Kingy10:

The one that happened yesterday, I used airtel bb plan on Android to download just 25mb zip. I still encounter the problem

Have you tried it with other airtel sims? The fault may be from your phone or app though.
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by Kingy10: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2016
pr0blem:

Have you tried it with other airtel sims? The fault may be from your phone or app though.
I have two different airtel Sim card, one for midnight sub, the other for 1k for 3gb sub, it happens in both sim, I use a laptop(IDM) & Android device(UC browser)
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Kingy10:

I have two different airtel Sim card, one for midnight sub, the other for 1k for 3gb sub, it happens in both sim, I use a laptop(IDM) & Android device(UC browser)

LOOOL. We run the same package, two airtel sim cards. But unfortunately, I don't have this problem you're talking about. I hope you get it sorted out soon enough sha. Pele.
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by Kingy10: 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
pr0blem:

LOOOL. We run the same package, two airtel sim cards. But unfortunately, I don't have this problem you're talking about. I hope you get it sorted out soon enough sha. Pele.
Which app do u use to download & do u download zip?, Which APN settings do u use?
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by spactacus(m): 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
Same with me had to use mtn to download my printer driver, it very annoying after wasting 2 gig on a file of 200mb thinking it was the website even tried HP website samething,
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 12:23am On Sep 26, 2016
Kingy10:

Which app do u use to download & do u download zip?, Which APN settings do u use?

my APN: internet.ng.zain.com
every other thing is default

username and password: internet

I use IDM on my laptop and UC Browser on my Phone. Actually, I use about anything to download and they all work. I download zip files as well.

Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by Kingy10: 2:56am On Sep 26, 2016
pr0blem:

my APN: internet.ng.zain.com
every other thing is default

username and password: internet

I use IDM on my laptop and UC Browser on my Phone. Actually, I use about anything to download and they all work. I download zip files as well.
Are you sure you can tether that APN from ur phone using bb sub on Android?
Re: Problem Using Airtel Data by pr0blem: 3:20am On Sep 26, 2016
Kingy10:

Are you sure you can tether that APN from ur phone using bb sub on Android?

Yes o! Honestly, I do. I tweaked my IMEI though, so the BB plan works on my Android fine. Hence, tethering it is just as simple as doing the normal Android plan.

If this problem you speak of persist, I think the problem may be from your laptop or phone. I guess you should Google why your zip files end up corrupt upon completion.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee S11 Lite: Unboxing And Review / #Naija406 / The Most Powerful Laptop In The World Sold For 4,800,000 <<read More>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.