Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38500 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2011
To be honest ABIA state need to sort their place out is not on at all cool cool cool cool
ABA were my Dad grew up he use to sell textiles in ABA those days then ABA was booming  economically.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2011
Dustydee, pls tell them. aba-ngwa
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

This is absurd. Do you think we are all dunces here. How can you post google earth as a town landscape. Am sure you know your dealing with an environmental scientist here. Can you please post an aerial photographic view of aba Get a helicopter to to that ok. We have done a survey in the town, aba is a semi-urban town with no infrastructure, no planning, no organization. Have you traveled thru the express in aba before?? Did you see the menace, the horror, the environmental degradation threatening the human exixtence in Aba You guys should start thinking of how to save your dying home state from going down. Ignorants!!!!!!!

You are uncouth and ignorant and I am not going to descend to your level. You have only confirmed that your knowledge of Aba and Umuahia are from your express road drive-by.

You call yourself an environmental scientist but you lack in analytical abilities. FYI my first degree is in Industrial Chemistry and I have further degrees in Environment and Pollution control. I also employ labour in the UK providing environmental services (Asbestos management consultancy and project management and Legionella Control)

Your understanding of environmental science is poor and you equate the role of the environmental scientist to that of an urban and regional planner or a surveyor, otherwise I don't see how you can equate your degree as having to do with aerial photographs. It shows that you crashed through school without knowing what you were studying.

Onlytruth already provided a snapshot of Aba and I am not going to oblige you. This is my last response to you.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2011
Face, try to read meaning into what is being argued. We are in no way sublimating our anger towards the residents of aba, rather, we are criticising the menace which the venal gov't of abia have subjected the state to. I dont the motjuste to use regarding the sorry state of abia. But, in all, the residents of aba still maintain their innovative and hardworking spirit. I'd prefer hell to abia, any time any day.
Re: Welcome To Aba by Abagworo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
Chino11 just sold himself off and I dont think any reasonable fellow should further take his contributions seriously.Calling Aba which is actually the largest city in SE a semi-urban and calling Awka a city shows his level of ignorance.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
kasiem:

Face, try to read meaning into what is being argued. We are in no way sublimating our anger towards the residents of aba, rather, we are criticising the menace which the venal gov't of abia have subjected the state to. I dont the motjuste to use regarding the sorry state of abia. But, in all, the residents of aba still maintain their innovative and hardworking spirit. I'd prefer hell to abia, any time any day.

So where is the awesome infrastructure of Anambra today, any pictures (Onicha lipsrsealed)?

kasiem:

I'd prefer hell to abia, any time any day.

I'm sure hell is warmed and ready for your company.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=18pt]Oka superior infrastructure:[/size]

[center][img]http://3.bp..com/_qtIq0s7ABjU/SZFXQlRNRuI/AAAAAAAACXc/XWmD8z3yncU/s700/IMG_0925.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_qtIq0s7ABjU/SZFWj1qzCMI/AAAAAAAACXU/txBZ03_W-ZY/s700/IMG_0921.JPG[/img]

[/center]

[size=18pt]Onicha superior infrastructure:[/size]

[center]

[/center]

[size=18pt]If anyone has further to say about the hellishness of Aba I'll keep posting pictures of their hometowns.[/size]
Re: Welcome To Aba by bkbabe97y(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Do you guys plan ur cities at all or does anyone just build wherever they feel like?
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu:

[size=18pt]Oka superior infrastructure:[/size]

[center][img]http://3.bp..com/_qtIq0s7ABjU/SZFXQlRNRuI/AAAAAAAACXc/XWmD8z3yncU/s700/IMG_0925.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_qtIq0s7ABjU/SZFWj1qzCMI/AAAAAAAACXU/txBZ03_W-ZY/s700/IMG_0921.JPG[/img]

[/center]

[size=18pt]Onicha superior infrastructure:[/size]

[center]

[/center]

[size=18pt]If anyone has further to say about the hellishness of Aba I'll keep posting pictures of their hometowns.[/size]

Now I know the degree of your reason. If those pictures are Awka, which I know its not, then it must have been Awka of 20-30yrs. I posted pictures of the new Anambra, but instead of you to vote out the bad government in Abia like imo state did your here talking rubbish. Abia state does not even fall within the states that are reckoned with in the SE. If you want to know how Awka looks like ask you friend in Unizik to give you some shots ok
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu, to be sincere with u, if aba were to be like this places u posted, i will just naturalise in aba. just that i have lost hold of my camera.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
This small boy is trying to compare the commercial capital of the East, Aba with those small cities in Anambra.

Then he wanted to compare Awka with Umuahia. Awka is not even in the league with Umuahia, Owerri or Enugu.

Awka should be compared with Abakaliki. grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
Do you guys want me to continue posting pictures?
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
why are you guys posting old onitsha and akwa pixs angry angry angry angry what is wrong with ezeagu and co angry either you like it or not anambra is developing every corner of their state not like your abia state that don't do nothing at all your state is an eye sore look at ABA.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
ak47mann:

why are you guys posting old onitsha and akwa pixs angry angry angry angry what is wrong with ezeagu and co angry either you like it or not anambra is developing every corner of their state not like your abia state that don't do nothing at all your state is an eye sore look at ABA.

Abia is more valuable than your state of Anambra.  angry

It is the commercial capital of the East for the reason and Aba Igbos are the most creative people in Africa.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
Okay, I'll continue posting then?
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

It is the commercial capital of the East for the reason and Aba Igbos are the most creative people in Africa. 

Aba which commercial capital? hahahhaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Let me tell you Onitsha is not even in the race with mere aba-ngwa. Onitsha has gone international. Look at the cities around the world Onitsha is competing, so it will be an insult placing Onitsha and aba-ngwa at the same level, because Onitsha is far too important Nigerian city with seaport, biggest and largest commercial center in the entire black race and what more. Having said that Aba is a backyard compare to Onitsha :

The UN Habitat has chosen the commercial city of Onitsha as one of the five fast growing cities in the world whose photographs are to be formerly displayed in Shangai, China in October during a World Exhibition to mark the UN-Habitat Day.

The UN-Habitat team led by a famous International photographer, Mr. Alessandro Scotti, disclosed this during a courtesy call on Governor Peter Obi at the Government House Awka.

According to Mr. Scotti, the other four cities are in Morocco, China, Malaysia and Brazil. He said Onitsha was chosen for the project because of its peculiar significance and noted that its display to the world will showcase its unique attributes. Mr Scotti, who thanked Governor Obi for establishing collaboration between the state and UN-Habitat, noted that the project will further strengthen the partnership in developing the city and the state.

Responding, Governor Obi said the choice of Onitsha for the project was a further sign of world recognition and interest in the state. He explained that the state partnership with the UN-Habitat has restored hope that the state will be rebuilt in an organized manner and restated the commitment of his administration to rebuild the cities in line with the structural plans.

Earlier, the Commissioner for Lands, Mr. Peter Afuba, said the recognition of Onitsha and by extension Anambra State was as a result of Governor Obi’s efforts and recorded achievements in town planning.

Note: Can you imagine Onitsha is competing with major cities of the world: Morocco, China, Malaysia and Brazil
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

first bolded don't believe you at all look when you talk about ABA igbo s which me and you know were they all came from Anambra originally we are more creative than abia state do you want me to list things anambra people had invented b4 and during the war pls don't go there,we made the first helicopter ever in africa and it flew around the state but northerners didn't want to sponsor the scientist that build that helicopter cos of fear,if  Nigeria was a proper country by now nobody should tell you who is who by now we wont be arguing angry angry
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

The UN Habitat has chosen the commercial city of Onitsha as one of the five fast growing cities in the world whose photographs are to be formerly displayed in Shangai, China in October during a World Exhibition to mark the UN-Habitat Day.

The UN-Habitat team led by a famous International photographer, Mr. Alessandro Scotti, disclosed this during a courtesy call on Governor Peter Obi at the Government House Awka.

They're competing in population growth, not infrastructure or innovation. Should I post the pictures that the UN-Habitat team took of Onicha?
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
My brother your going far. What about the recent one: INNOSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY @ NNEWI ANAMBRA STATE.

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/about_us.php

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/suv.php
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

Aba which commercial capital? hahahhaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Let me tell you Onitsha is not even in the race with mere aba-ngwa. Onitsha has gone international. Look at the cities around the world Onitsha is competing, so it will be an insult placing Onitsha and aba-ngwa at the same level, because Onitsha is far too important Nigerian city with seaport, biggest and largest commercial center in the entire black race and what more. Having said that Aba is a backyard compare to Onitsha :

Even though I am not Ngwa, I am Aro, you know you are insulting the largest clan of Igbos, which are the Ngwa.

Anambra Igbos are weak compared to the warlike history of the Igbo clans that are present in Abia state. That is why my ancestors invaded your area and created settlements.

You have some Anambra Igbos who see their homeland as Arochukwu. grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

My brother your going far. What about the recent one: INNOSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY @ NNEWI ANAMBRA STATE.

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/about_us.php

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/suv.php

What has this got to do with the infrastructure of Anambra?
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Even though I am not Ngwa, I am Aro, you know you are insulting the largest clan of Igbos, which are the Ngwa.

Anambra Igbos are weak compared to the warlike history of the Igbo clans that are present in Abia state. That is why my ancestors invaded your area and created settlements.

You have some Anambra Igbos who see their homeland as Arochukwu. grin
what is it[b] ABIRIBA[/b] people grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
There is a reason why Igbos from other Igbos states dislike Igbos from Anambra. Can everyone see it?

Most Igbos are not arrogant, it is the Igbos from Anambra.  angry

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu:

They're competing in population growth, not infrastructure or innovation. Should I post the pictures that the UN-Habitat team took of Onicha?

You are posting pictures of 30yrs ago. What are you guys good in Where have you guys been rated with your disgusting and smelly aba-ngwa and abia-ngwa UN rated Onitsha because it is an important and vibrant African city to reckon with. Have any international group mentioned aba-ngwa over any positive thing?? Unless it is kidnapping and baby-factory, name it.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

You are posting pictures of 30yrs ago. What are you guys good in Where have you guys been rated with your disgusting and smelly aba-ngwa and abia-ngwa UN rated Onitsha because it is an important and vibrant African city to reckon with. Have any international group mentioned aba-ngwa over any positive thing?? Unless it is kidnapping and baby-factory, name it.
grin grin they shuold go and hang their yeye governor orji at the electric poll the man is too dodgy he jump from APGA to PDP who is fooling who let them watch IMO state soon that state will look like small London cheesy
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2011
ak47mann:

grin grin they shuold go and hang their yeye governor orji at the electric poll the man is too dodgy he jump from APGA to PDP who is fooling who  let them watch IMO state soon that state will look like small London cheesy

While Peter Obi has been governor for how many years? And Anambra still looks the same. . .

Okorocha an Imolite will show you Anambra Igbos how to develop a state. grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

There is a reason why Igbos from other Igbos states dislike Igbos from Anambra. Can everyone see it?

Most Igbos are not arrogant, it is the Igbos from Anambra.  angry

Its because of your inferiority complex that is killing you. You feel so inferior whenever any Anambran show up, its too bad. Grow up. Other Igbo states takes pride in Anambra for the giant stride they have been taking since the time of the Great Zik of |Africa, except you and your aba-ngwa, abia-ngwa etc
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=18pt]You asked for it:

Superior Onicha infrastructure, UN-HABITAT photos, 2010[/size]

[center]
Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria (source: Alessandro Scotti, 2010)

Okpoko Slum south of Onitsha. After heavy rainfalls and due to bad drainage systems, slum areas are often flooded.

Illegal dumping sites are spread in Onistha. This is located in the center of the city, just at the back of the main market. Children are normally used to bring waste to the dumping site. Waste is either eaten by pigs or burned on spot. This increases the city's carbon footprint.

Market area of Onitsha facing the bridge crossing the river Niger. The city is build at the shore of the river which make it vulnerable to flooding. Its density in this area is high.

The city of Onitsha originated and developed – to present time – as a main crossroad for goods and trade. Current economic opportunities include both formal and informal trade. It is built at the shore of the river Niger and therefore vulnerable to flooding.

Density has a crucial role in the internal urban dynamics of Onitsha. The city is where the goods – and subsequently the people – concentrate. Onitsha is now struggling to manage density in sustainable way, so that it results in a better urban environment.

Onitsha, Nigeria (source: Alessandro Scotti, 2010)

Government Reserved Area GRA downtown Onitsha, hosts high class residential houses.

[/center]
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
Keep insulting and more will come.
Re: Welcome To Aba by alex14(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
Chei! This chino11 guy sef,,,,Anambra is to chino11 what Lagos is to eko ile grin Both are very passionate about their respective state(s).

On a more serious note, umu Igbo, Igbo bu Igbo. If one of our cities is not doing well, then we aren't doing well. Lets quit this trash talk and think of how we can all help our various cities. Every inch of Igbo land belong to us all as a people. Enough of these insults flying around,,,,or do you guys want to keep giving the enemies of Ndigbo the fire power they need to attack us in the near future? undecided
Re: Welcome To Aba by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
I as a man from Imo state which is traditionally well educated,organised and cleaner than both Anambra and Abia is in a better position to give a good analysis of both States.

Abia is actually the 3rd most industrialised State in Nigeria after Lagos and Ogun.It also hosts the actual largest market in Nigeria which is Ariaria according to google earth.Aba hosts the highest number of multinational companies in the SE like Shell,Pz,Colgate,Lever brothers,John holt etc
Aba is the 2nd largest city in  the SE in terms of land mass afer Enugu.The 2 largest power generation plants in the SE are located in Aba.

Aba is  not inhabited by  Ngwas,Abians or Igbos alone but hosts a significant Ibibio and Ijaw population with pockets of Yoruba,Urhobo,Edo and a lot of Northerners.Igbo is the most spoken Language in the city.

Aba is one of the most planned cities in Nigeria going by view from google earth but has witnessed little or no maintenance.It therefore is over-crowded and dirty .

I will post pictures of Aba both from google earth and the ones I personally took

I will come back with analysis of Anambra

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Names Of Bus Stops From Ajah To Lekki / Vehicles Stuck In Giant Pothole Full Of Water In Agege Pencinema (Video) / New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.