Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38502 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by Abagworo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2011
Anambra is the most urbanised state in Nigeria as a result of high population with limited land resources.This has led to mass migration to other less populated States.They share this with people from northern Imo State ie Orlu,Nkwerre,Ideato area which is also urbanised from high population.These people alongside Eastern Abians in Abiriba,Item,Igbere,Ohafia axis are the richest Igbos.

Anambra has three major Urban areas of Onitsha,Nnewi and Awka with closely clustered small villages which if considered as a single city could well be the 2nd largest city in Nigeria.

Anambrarians played a key role in the urbanisation of Aba and Enugu as well as Onitsha.These are the 3 largest cities in the SE.

Nnewi is the spare parts capital of  Nigeria while Onitsha is the commercial capital of the east.

The capital of Anambra state Awka is but a glorified village in  terms of planning and settlement pattern just like Nnewi.The government of Peter Obi has done a haphazard job on some roads in Awka which will create future reconstruction cost for successive administrations.

Ngige during his short stay connected most villages in  Anambra State by embarking on massive and quality rural road constructions which has earned him so much love and respect not only in Anambra but across Nigeria.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
Abagworo:

Anambra is the most urbanised state in Nigeria as a result of high population with limited land resources.This has led to mass migration to other less populated States.They share this with people from northern Imo State ie Orlu,Nkwerre,Ideato area which is also urbanised from high population.These people alongside Eastern Abians in Abiriba,Item,Igbere,Ohafia axis are the richest Igbos.

Anambra has three major Urban areas of Onitsha,Nnewi and Awka with closely clustered small villages which if considered as a single city could well be the 2nd largest city in Nigeria.

Anambrarians played a key role in the urbanisation of Aba and Enugu as well as Onitsha.These are the 3 largest cities in the SE.

Nnewi is the spare parts capital of  Nigeria while Onitsha is the commercial capital of the east.

The capital of Anambra state Awka is but a glorified village in  terms of planning and settlement pattern just like Nnewi.The government of Peter Obi has done a haphazard job on some roads in Awka which will create future reconstruction cost for successive administrations.

Ngige during his short stay connected most villages in  Anambra State by embarking on massive and quality rural road constructions which has earned him so much love and respect not only in Anambra but across Nigeria. 

Yes. Am back from work. Who is this LovePeddler from imo state I wil bring to your knowledge that your analysis is zero. I know that this is a mere envy towards Anambra. Well we have always known that in the SE it is Anambra and others (4 remaining states), because Anambra has always been on the top, there is nothing you guys does or say that will ever change that fact. Owerri is not even up the size of a single estate in Awka. Onitsha remains the most important and biggest city east of the niger. Jump in the well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^^^ You lack facts to properly buttress your point. The richest individual and spread of wealth are only seen in Anambra and not other state of the SE and beyond has the level of human resources and wealth as seen in Anambra
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
Concentrate on getting Onitsha and Awka out of slum third world level instead of bragging about something you haven't. Anyone can go on and on about how they are the top in south east, but when your cities look like latrines does it really support your superiority delusion? The only people who will boast about Onicha's infrastructure are people with simple minds.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu:

[size=18pt]You asked for it:

Superior Onicha infrastructure, UN-HABITAT photos, 2010[/size]

[center]

[/center]

wow. You must be so confused and disorganized. Why not bother yourself with the height of deterioration and decay in abia-ngwa.  grin grin grin grin grin Onitsha will continue to be on the top. If you like pick pictures from ajegunle. Imagine the state of roads in aba-ngwa it is the worst of its kind in Africa. Why not start telling us good things in abia and aba-ngwa.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

wow. You must be so confused and disorganized. Why not bother yourself with the height of deterioration and decay in abia-ngwa.  grin grin grin grin grin Onitsha will continue to be on the top. If you like pick pictures from ajegunle. Imagine the state of roads in aba-ngwa it is the worst of its kind in Africa. Why not start telling us good things in abia and aba-ngwa.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's your UN-Habitat that took the pictures, the same ones you were using to brag about how Onicha is growing over the cities in Abia, you see that someone has embarrassed you now. It's good to give people a good knock off their horse sometimes. Don't make me post more pictures because these are not the worst.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu:

Concentrate on getting Onitsha and Awka out of slum third world level instead of bragging about something you haven't. Anyone can go on and on about how they are the top in south east, but when your cities look like latrines does it really support your superiority delusion? The only people who will boast about Onicha's infrastructure are people with simple minds.

Awka is far far ahead of your rural state capital umuhia, in terms of urban development, infrastructure, assessibility, modernization and sound hopitality

Onitsha is a world class city with seaport, largest commercial center in Africa is equally can't be compared to the garbage dump call aba-ngwa. Grow up. You should be thinking of how to organize boys to demonstrate to you mushroom government house to protest for poor infrastructure.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
Broken record, slum Onicha, Village Oka, what won't we hear? shocked
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2011
ezeagu:

It's your UN-Habitat that took the pictures, the same ones you were using to brag about how Onicha is growing over the cities in Abia, you see that someone has embarrassed you now. It's good to give people a good knock off their horse sometimes. Don't make me post more pictures because these are not the worst.

You are showing your frustration. Do you know that those pictures you posted are like New york compare to what is obtainable in Aba-ngwa You have lost touch with reality. I dont need to post pictures of aba because even a goat knows that , there is no part of abia state in general that can be compare to the dirtiest city in Africa. Aba alone is the most disorganised, infested with killers, kidnappers, baby factory lol. I mean the dirtiest semi urban town in the entire black race= aba-ngwa. O boy grow
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
that looks like head bridge in onitsha from that pix all those rusty roofs are markets not resident area cool
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
chino11:

You are showing your frustration. Do you know that those pictures you posted are like New york compare to what is obtainable in Aba-ngwa You have lost touch with reality. I dont need to post pictures of aba because even a goat knows that , there is no part of abia state in general that can be compare to the dirtiest city in Africa. Aba alone is the most disorganised, infested with killers, kidnappers, baby factory lol. I mean the dirtiest semi urban town in the entire black race= aba-ngwa. O boy grow

Is it in Aba that they found 20 corpses?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/4448-ritualists-den-uncovered-in-onitsha-20-corpses-arms-found-.html
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
abia

Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
aba

Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
abia
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
Too bad that I'm posting actual pictures.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2011
Wey you. Here is more documentary on you slum abia state: A failed Nigerian state not Biafra. We hava the following clean Biafran state: Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta- Igbo, Rivers- Igbo, Bayelsa- Igbo, Benue-Igbo and Imo states
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2011
I'm not going to continue bashing Igbo cities anymore because it doesn't benefit anyone, neither does it benefit you bashing Aba because all the cities in Igboland benefit each other. What you were supposed to learn is that no city in the east is perfect because of the Nigerian condition and they each have their weaknesses and strengths. Oka's strength is it's position in the Onicha, Nnewi, Enugu axis which will make it very lucky once these cities truly take off, Umuahia's strength is it's well known image as one of the cleanest and probably the safest city in Igboland, Aba is an industrial hub and so is Onicha.

There's no need for you to feel superior when the cities you are using to boast are as shameful as it is shown in the pictures I posted. If you want to continue bragging then carry on, but every Igbo person has to pass that River Niger bridge so just remember that.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2011
ezeagu:

I'm not going to continue bashing Igbo cities anymore because it doesn't benefit anyone, neither does it benefit you bashing Aba because all the cities in Igboland benefit each other. What you were supposed to learn is that no city in the east is perfect because of the Nigerian condition and they each have their weaknesses and strengths. Oka's strength is it's position in the Onicha, Nnewi, Enugu axis which will make it very lucky once these cities truly take off, Umuahia's strength is it's well known image as one of the cleanest and probably the safest city in Igboland, Aba is an industrial hub and so is Onicha.

There's no need for you to feel superior when the cities you are using to boast are as shameful as it is shown in the pictures I posted. If you want to continue bragging then carry on, but every Igbo person has to pass that River Niger bridge so just remember that.

The highlighted area is not true reality on the ground. Awka is a much bigger and well organized with sound hospitality than the small umuhia which I know has security issues as much as aba-ngwa.

Again Onitsha is way ahead of Aba-ngwa in terms of infrastructure, organisation, population and everything that makes a mega city. Onitsha as much records are concerned cannot be mention alongside little Aba-ngwa. Onitsha has the indices of a mega city, ranging from seaport to the largest commercial center in the entire black race, cargo airport (under construction).

Onitsha hosts foreigner on daily basis from African countries and beyond who come to do one transaction or the other, all these cannot be said of Aba-ngwa which is a small town with small concerns. One of the indices of economic boom and major economic activities is movement of commercial banks. After Lagos and PH, Anambra and Onitsha in particular is the 3rd largest concentration of commercial bank. The number of banks in Onitsha alone is bigger than all the banks in entire Abia state and beyond.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
Another info for you Aba-ngwa and abia state in general is a major disgrace to the Igboland with major environmental horror and polution. Onitsha is to Aba-ngwa what New york is to Accra. Go back home wake your governor up. He is fast asleep.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
It's obvious you have issues, so I'll leave you to sort them out.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2011
Truth is bitter. You need to know that Abia state is the worst in Nigeria in terms of all negative indices. Go on with your frustration. I think you have more issues emanating from your origin Abia garbage. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^ SHARAP CHINO angry
Re: Welcome To Aba by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
@chino11.Compare your so called biggest market with ariaria.

Re: Welcome To Aba by Abagworo(m): 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2011
A very noticeable thing about the pictures is how rusty and old the roofs of the area around the main market looks.
Re: Welcome To Aba by bolshoi: 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2011
[b][b][b]PLEASE CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE[/b][/b][/b]
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
Abagworo:

A very noticeable thing about the pictures is how rusty and old the roofs of the area around the main market looks.

Now I know how stupid, foolish and myopic people can be. You must be one of those slowpoke living in illusion that aba is up to anything than a garbage dump. Its an insult comparing Onitsha international market which has modern facilities, with road networks, even televisions sets are stationed in strategic locations for the luxury of visitors to a mere small dirty, filthy, disorganised, local swampy market called ariria market.

Do you know that Onitsha market earned its reputation over the years?? Do you know that foreigners and entire Nigeria including your kinsmen comes to Onitsha on daily basis to do there shopping? Do you know that Onitsha is a mega city with seaport, International cargo airport (under construction) Do you know that Onitsha is the eastern gateway, which makes it a strategic and vibrant city Do know that Onitsha markets are the most organized markets in Nigeria with proper organization?

Well I don't need to tell you more about Onitsha, the facts speaks for itself, the world attests to that even the recent UN assessment in Anambra is another confirmation to that. Please wake up from you slumber and go back to your imo state which has only women (ashawos) and nothing more as their human and material resources. I was in PH for a seminar recently, 7 out of every 10 women standing on the road an imo citizen. grin grin grin grin Its not funny. I thought its only here is in Awka that imo women are displaying there human resources for a peanut. grin grin grin grin grin silly people
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
Onicha mega city. grin No airport. No working seaport. No good bridge. No light. No working water system. No traffic lights. No official transport system. No rail. No light rail. No sanitation. No cultural tourism. No boundary comity. No environmental comity. No underground sewers. No plan for flooding. No emergency services. No parks. No active museums. No adequate social housing for the dirt poor. No skyscrapers. No state of the art hospital. Not enough hospitals. No complete map on google or tom-tom or any satellite navigation system. No tourism. No tourism board. No foreign investment. No fortune 500 companies. No technological advancement. No reputation on the global stage.

chino11 you have become the Igbo becomrich, remove anambra , onitsha, awka, to london, new york malysia. grin

On a serious note, reply back when Onicha looks like this:

[center][img]http://4.bp..com/_KSEGc7zFY2I/SrSXa8h2E1I/AAAAAAAAAR0/poQd4knlopA/S1600-R/2.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2011
ezeagu:

Onicha mega city. grin No airport. No working seaport. No good bridge. No light. No working water system. No traffic lights. No official transport system. No rail. No light rail. No sanitation. No cultural tourism. No boundary comity. No environmental comity. No underground sewers. No plan for flooding. No emergency services. No parks. No active museums. No adequate social housing for the dirt poor. No skyscrapers. No state of the art hospital. Not enough hospitals. No complete map on google or tom-tom or any satellite navigation system. No tourism. No tourism board. No foreign investment. No fortune 500 companies. No technological advancement. No reputation on the global stage.

chino11 you have become the Igbo becomrich, remove anambra , onitsha, awka, to london, new york malysia. grin

On a serious note, reply back when Onicha looks like this:

[center][img]http://4.bp..com/_KSEGc7zFY2I/SrSXa8h2E1I/AAAAAAAAAR0/poQd4knlopA/S1600-R/2.jpg[/img][/center]

I pity you so much. Do you know that Onitsha been graded alongside the major cities of the world by the UN?? Onitsha port is completed ready for commissioning ok. What does the world know about Aba-ngwa if not kidnapping, robbery, dirtiness, swampy roads. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Am even giving you so much attention on this matter, every igboman knows that abia state is a disgrace to the igboland, from orji uzo kalu to T.A orji ritualism and killings in your dirty state called abia and under-development. The best description of aba is semi urban area, umuhia is a rural state capital, its not even as developed as Ekwulubia town not to talk of Awka city or even Nnewi.

As I told you earlier aba can be said to be a backyard compare to Onitsha with high-rise buildings, wide roads with 4 lanes, fly-over, eastern gateway bridge. My man please go home and do you home work, because we the Anambrans the origin of the Igbos, the foremost nationalists, the number one in the SE, the wealthiest in the SE and beyond with major investments in and out of Nigeria are already ahead of you by planet distance.

Even Ebonyi the least state in the SE has overtaken you guys due to your bad leadership and focusless gov. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I think you guys are tied spiritually by Orji kalu and the mom in the River Niger. You guys needs major deliverance and cleansing, because just look around you, you guys are never do well in everything. Check the statistics. Ka odi later man
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2011
Hahhahahahha. forgot to add, what about that baby factory in aba-ngwa? wow. Even the forward-looking abia citizens are here confessing that abia is a failed state, without gov presence both fed. and state. Without planning, without good responsible people except for criminals and kidnappers. Do you know that banks had to close for more than 8 months in Abia state because of the government sponsored kidnappers and people had to go to PH to do bank transaction? Do you know that aba is not liveable for normal human beings Do you know that as an igboman once you identify yourself as abia citizen the first impression they have about you, is kidnapping, arm-robbery, bad governance and all the social ill Igbos are ready to remain 4 states of the SE because of the disgrace and evil you guys are into. More Prayers are needed for abia state. osisikangwu brothers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by Ejine(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2011
grin What a funny thread!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

New Twist In Evacuation Of Nigerians From Canada / Names Of Bus Stops From Ajah To Lekki / Lady Refuses To Alight And Apologize After Bashing A Man's Car At Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.