Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Do You Pronounce These Words? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Pronounce These Words? (42244 Views)

8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by dtruseeker(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
Błaszczykowski

Pronounce this and win yourself a Brossia Dortmund Jersey grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by hotspec(m): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
ask buhari first
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by richidinho(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
Chassis grin

Most Nigerians may likely pronounce it with the "s" which is the last letter but correctly, it's actually pronounced without the "s"

Chai abi?
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by GMbuharii: 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
dtruseeker:
Queue

Some tribes should be
banned
from pronouncing this word grin
dtruseeker,which tribe is that please,we want to know grin
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
Explorers:

Which tribe be that? Bros no start o...

cc: lalasticlala

Bros he meant no harm,

where is your sense of humor undecided
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by debuscket(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
bourgeoisie
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by KingRex1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
We should just leave some words for the French

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Leicester called Lei chester
Bread called buredi
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by itsinfochris(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
Was here!!!

Actually commenting as a blogger from http://cutechris.com
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
What about yvonne?I always see people bearing that name but don't know the pronouciation
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by dtruseeker(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
GMbuharii:

HABA!!!
corrected! Thanks for noticing

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Caseless: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
Chassis grin

Most Nigerians may likely pronounce it with the "s" which is the last letter but correctly, it's actually pronounced without the "s"

like Paris pronounced as "paree"
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by orlahtohbadt(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
dtruseeker:
Błaszczykowski

Pronounce this and win yourself a Brossia Dortmund Jersey grin
Blashkovski

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Explorers(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Berlynn:

Have i said anything annoying or insulted him
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Turks: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Peugeot = PIJO

Mercedes = MehSeeDis
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Explorers:

Have i said anything annoying or insulted him

You called the mod undecided
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Cutehector(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
richidinho:

Chai abi?
yeah. I always laugh wen I hear learned Nigerians pronounce it with the "s"
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by proxitaly: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
debuscket:
bourgeoisie
buʒwarzi

pronounce this

coelacanth
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Ahmeduana(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
Explorers:
Video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKqmSKzgPyp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKjHFmyAlbC/

1. Cologne.

2. Isle.

3. Karaoke.

*. You really need to see those video, i can't judt stop laughing. Cant imagine running into these guys. Would have pronounced same way.

There are lots of difficult/confusing words like these, kindly add yours.....

Cologne = colon.
isle = island.
karaoke = Karoki.
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by mu2sa2: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op only scratched the surface. Nigerians mispronounce many more English words: but as "bort"(instead of "bat"wink; courage as "koh-rage" instead of "ka-rij"wink; bus is mutilated as "bors" instead of "bas"; senator is bastardized as "sena-toh" when the correct pronunciation is "sena-ta"(same with doctor - the correct pronunciation is "doc-ta", not"doc-toh"wink; even Nigeria is mutilated as "Nai-jay-ria" -the correct pronunciation is " Nai-jee-ria".

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by orlahtohbadt(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
Who can pronounce water correctly?... I bet non of you can
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by orlahtohbadt(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
mu2sa2:
Ok just scratch the surface. Nigerians mispronounce many English words: but as "bort"(instead of "bat"wink; courage as "kor-age"(instead of "ka-age"wink; bus is mutilated as "bors" instead of "bas"; senator is bastardized as "sena-toh" when the correct pronunciation is "sena-ta"(same
The owners of English pronounce but as buh and Senetor as Senituh... The "t" for the English people is most times silent... My point is that no body can speak a language like the owner... Germans bastardise English so does the Italians... Even the Ghanaians don't do justice to it like u think they do
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by ahamonyeka(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
Gmelina
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Electronzeez(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
Explorers:
Video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKqmSKzgPyp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKjHFmyAlbC/

1. Cologne.

2. Isle.

3. Karaoke.

*. You really need to see those video, i can't judt stop laughing. Cant imagine running into these guys. Would have pronounced same way.

There are lots of difficult/confusing words like these, kindly add yours.....

Simple English rule of word pronouciation ,if you have two vowels side by side in a word , discard the first one and pronounce the second same goes with consonant .

1 Like

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by mu2sa2: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
orlahtohbadt:
A Ghanian spotted
You are dead wrong-i'm proudly naija. Ghanaians pronounce these words correctly, though.
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Electronzeez(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
mu2sa2:
Op only scratched the surface. Nigerians mispronounce many more English words: but as "bort"(instead of "bat"wink; courage as "koh-rage"(instead of "ka-rage"wink; bus is mutilated as "bors" instead of "bas"; senator is bastardized as "sena-toh" when the correct pronunciation is "sena-ta"(same with doctor - the correct pronunciation is "doc-ta", not"doc-toh"wink; even Nigeria is mutilated as "Nai-jay-ria" -the correct pronunciation is " Nai-jee-ria".

Mr man I can not come and remove my teeth because of English words , when I have not finished learning my own language .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
Turks:
Peugeot = PIJO

Mercedes = MehSeeDis

Its pohjho. Jh as the last 'g' in garage.
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by goshen26: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
Rhyme= rahim
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
mu2sa2:
Op only scratched the surface. Nigerians mispronounce many more English words: but as "bort"(instead of "bat"wink; courage as "koh-rage" instead of "ka-rage"wink; bus is mutilated as "bors" instead of "bas"; senator is bastardized as "sena-toh" when the correct pronunciation is "sena-ta"(same with doctor - the correct pronunciation is "doc-ta", not"doc-toh"wink; even Nigeria is mutilated as "Nai-jay-ria" -the correct pronunciation is " Nai-jee-ria".

Courage is pronounced /karidge/
Re: How Do You Pronounce These Words? by cola: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
barackodam:

The former
Actually the former but without the 't' sound

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Depression: Kogi Teacher Commits Suicide Over Poor Welfare / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class / Which University Is The Most Beautiful In Nigeria? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.