Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class (42256 Views)

Uniben Law Student Destiny Ogedegbe, Graduates With First Class, Becomes Second / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria / Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Olajide Sanyaolu, tweeting from @JaySanya on Monday, announced his graduation from Afe Babalola University with first-class honours, and thanked Nigerian pop star, Davido, for helping him with money.

In Sanyaolu’s words:

“Uni timeline

– left England because money no Dey Lagos

– mentor sets up a gofundme for uni

– @davido dropped funds to support my fundraiser (thanks to Twitter folk)

– Resumed abuad and survived Nigerian education

– first class EEE

#ThankYouJesus.”

In 2015, Sanyaolu – then a student of Liverpool University studying Electronics and Communications Engineering – opened a GoFundMe page to help in raising his school fees. His goal was to raise £24,700 for his tuition.

This coincided with the period that Davido announced that he would reward one of his fans with N1 million to celebrate reaching one million followers on Instagram.

Before Davido’s donation, Olajide had only raised a little more than £3,900.

A cheque of N1 million was presented to him by Davido himself on August 19, 2015.

https://punchng-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/punchng.com/student-helped-by-davido-graduates-with-first-class/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D

Davido acknowledged Sanyaolu’s appreciation tweet, saying “Crazy! Happy for you.”

Crazy !! Happy for you

https://twitter.com/davido/status/1369024619869573125?s=19

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by JosephXavier: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
But UK universities are too damn costly bro

24,700 pounds, that is almost 15m in naira

This money will be enough to train a family of 6 in Nigerian university including their house rent and stipend

Congrats to him though and thanks to Davido and others who contributed to this

This is what celebrities should be doing and not paying people for tattooing their pictures on their body

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by coloti202: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Queenlovely(f): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
grin

253 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Chiminemine(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
He will eventually make it
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Bornsinner7: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Naso OBO turn him destiny helper..

Make our own locate us anywhere them dey..

Chiminemine:
He will eventually fall
It is ok to be stupid but to be a stupid witch is not ok.. pray for grace

18 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Reex12(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
k
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by vincentjk(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Even davido graduated with first class as well, for naija wetin money nor go do nor dey.

Congrats to him

10 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by kendrick9(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
mtcheww...
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Posts: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
all glory to the lord
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by ichommy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
OBO

3 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Dave0116(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lol
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by janedonez(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Great
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by IamRandy: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kanabee1:
My baby has a good heart

Which baby ?grin

Nigerian gals are useless,..All of them, in Mosdii voice grin

17 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by jrupa(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is lovely and worthy of celebrating.

1 Like

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by FalseProphet1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
I see people on this thread asking why chioma isn't a graduate, I see the question trending on Twitter and Nairaland, I see davido ignoring them. This I have seen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by blessochampion(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
If you are in a position to help. Please do. At the end of the day, we all will leave this world without taking a dime with us. Whatever we do will continue to speak long after we are gone.

11 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Tulsaguy: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
What Davido does in 1 month is more than Buhari's achievements in 5 years. grin grin grin

Let me run b4 BMC zombies come for my head..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Johnbosco77(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
He's done great for the lad...
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by IyaTola: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Has anyone notices that news that get to nairaland are usually stale? cheesy

Any way check my signature and register with my link kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Soundvibes02: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
nice one by Davido
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
Congratulations... Well deserved! This is why it is good to help if you have the means. So many dreams are dead because no one to help sponsor them to the height they need to attain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
What should we do now?
Re: Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class by deeva2: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
THE LUCKY GUY GO STILL WORK IN ONE OF THE ADELEKES FIRMS

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The People Of Covenant University In Pictures / Eleodichukwu Chukwuenyem: FUTO Student Dies After Slumping In Front Of Hostel / It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.