Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star (22404 Views)

What Does The Moon And Star Mean To Islam / WHAT IS BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR... / The Teachings Of Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by LondonCool(m): 11:59pm On Dec 22, 2006
Olumba Olumba Obu is the Spiritual leader of the Brother of the Cross and Star. Their H/qtrs is in Calabar, their members live in communes mainly around the Mbukpa area of Calabar South. Members believe that O.O.Obu is God (although he is from Biase local government area), and he is professed to have powers to settle impossible situations. There is a myth that he arrived as a Fish by the sea shore. It is also believed that the original O.O.Obu died mysteriously years ago, and that he can transpose himself metaphysically to different places without actually traveling there. His members occassionally clash and fight with members of Helen Ukpabio's (the Actress) church over doctrinal and personal issues.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by onah612: 9:11pm On May 01, 2007
i am a member of B.C.S and i'm suprised that ppl hav the time to have a pointless discussion about the songs we sing and watever foolishness you wanna say.

obviously u dont worship god yourself whoever u may believe in to be roaming the streets on a sunday listening to us sing. but if there is anyone out there who would like to be enlighted about B.C.S holla back.

cheesy GOD BLESS XX cheesy
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 9:23pm On May 01, 2007
thanks be to Jah a bonafide member is here cheesy

in your own opinion we've  been yarning crap since, why don't you enlighten us
about the history, doctrines and all the practices in  your church!

Jah bless!  cheesy
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by busygirl(f): 9:36pm On May 01, 2007
I have never heard the name of this church. . . What is the church like . .NORMAL? Do they read the bible, pray to God or what?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by LoveKing(m): 11:54am On May 02, 2007
Dem be witch oh!
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by ikamefa(f): 3:32am On May 03, 2007
LoveKing:

Dem be witch oh!

LMAO " grin "
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by olutomiwa(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2007
LoveKing:

Dem be witch oh!
na so i hear too,dem talk say their oga 'pastor' na ogbologbo,dem talk say na satan cousin him be,na true?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 04, 2007
That set up is a cult.
It is not a Christian group.
Please brethren let no one be deceived.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by sisimose(f): 8:18pm On May 04, 2007
hmm. *shakes head*

@topic what really is this brotherhood about?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by mohadana: 5:09pm On May 08, 2007
Olumba Olumba Obum,Aladura,and Celestials chuch of christ All falls under Witchcrafts and Demon spirits.

1 Like

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Pamperme: 11:27am On May 09, 2007
@ mohadana
haba!!!!!!! dem don offend you b4?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 1:15am On May 10, 2007
olumba power,powerles power.
cele power powerless power.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by 9ja4eva: 4:43am On Jul 10, 2007
Na wa oh for this earth.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by nguage(m): 4:51am On Jul 10, 2007
babyosisi:

olumba power,powerles power.
cele power powerless power.
LMBAO
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by darfur(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
all those tv pastors in nigeria, i no trust them.
as for olumba olumba . . . . . him own na confirmed magomago.

those guys na jujupriests

2 Likes

Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 11, 2007
@darfur

confirmed magomago
LOL!!

Like some people say CONFAMA!!!
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by 9ja4eva: 12:50am On Jul 11, 2007
Na way to survive oh

Church don b d hottest for market now
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Mewuoki(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2008
The Nigerian Society is so funny a place that we accept information without verification. People, in the name of "trying to be current" will misinform the society and we will never verify these rumours. I have grew up to hear so many things about olumba olumba, many of these stories are not even verified and i live very close to these people, I personally have to investigate these things and found out that most of these are propagandas raised by top public figures to show down on the Church. While Newspapers picked on every forms of lies to make money selling fake stories about olumba, the so called born against also used these stories to buy members to themselves.One of the stories was that Olumba sucks Blood, and yet more people are rushing to the Church, are they not afraid of their blood be sucked. By conclusion, i know its difficult to quench rumours but i believe this the 21st century and we have information gadgets and systems that can be used in effective findings either to exposed or bring to light the activities of Sects, Churches and even individuals, Lets make use of these systems, Instate of reprinting what u hear without verifications.

N/B: Forums are meant to educate, Investigate and reach out as information base to the world, Not a place of mockery, vain words and useless slangs.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Lady2(f): 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2008
@ Radiant

LMAO!!!! I understand o. Me too I will run.

That is not a church abeg. They worship the man and not God. If it is a church they will worship God and realise that God spoke of false prophets.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by RichDad1(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by dafidixone(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2008
Hey guys

A friend of mine told me today that her family attends a church called "Brotherhood of the cross and star".

When I was back home, I heard people mention that name and all them Cele Churches and I don't attend such churches neither do I like them.

I'm a bit scared of her now. . .don't laugh

Anyway, can you guys please tell me about this girls church if you know about it.

The girl's Church is just like your own cool
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Mewuoki(m): 7:55am On May 04, 2008
~Lady~:

@ Radiant

LMAO!!!! I understand o. Me too I will run.

That is not a church abeg. They worship the man and not God. If it is a church they will worship God and realise that God spoke of false prophets.

The Christ we all Worship is he a goat? was man not made in God's form, When Christ came and walked among men, was he not flesh and blood and the "Elders of the Church" like you 2day killed him cos he was man but called himslef God, today you are all shouting his name Jesus! Jesus!, Fools
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Nobody: 9:35am On May 04, 2008
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Q -> How does one seek union with God?
A -> The harder you seek, the more distance you create between Him and you.

Q -> So what does one do about the distance?
A -> Understand that it isn't there.

Q -> Does that mean that God and I are one?
A -> Not one. Not two.

Q -> How is that possible?
A -> The sun and its light, the ocean and the wave, the singer and his song --- not one. Not two.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Backslider(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2008
This is an demon saturated Church. The church is demon filled.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by perkolisis: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2009
am truly surprised pple cud say such things about a church i have bin in for the past 30yrs. i wasnt born there. my parents were initially catholic members. we have bin in Brotherhood of the cross and star for the past 30yrs and i must say there is no place like it. i will advise pple to come and see for demselves b4 they jump into conclusions abt the church. imagine all u guys have bin saying here has been based on "i heard and dem say" which is very bad. wen i was doing my youth service in adamawa state der was no brotherhood der and i attended anglican for one whole year. we members of brotherhood are free minded pple and can worship God anywhere. its only those whose hands are stained and who have evil minds dat are scared of going to any other church. i have bin invited to various churches for programs and i attend. Cos i believe God is everywhere. some of us have already condemned ourselves here on earth by inputing judgment on things we know nothing abt. dat means u r bearing false witness. "dem say" and "wot i saw" are two different things altogether. only kids say the kind of things u guys have said abt my church. God is the only true judge. On that day we shall know of a truth who is serving God and who is not. remember it is not enuf to go to church on sundays. ask urselves; how close are u to d God u claim to be serving? u who claims to serve a living God and claim to attend a bible believing church, how faithful are u? some of us still put one foot in d church and d other in d native doctors house and call ourselves true children of God. sit down and think of ur relationship with God instead of coming online to do wot i call "cheap gossiping." if u want to know more abt the fold then log on to ooo.org and be rest assured that the Father will bless u abundantly. Remember "Judge not dat ye be not judged." Most of ur pastors teach and preach about prosperity and how to conquer witches and wizards wen in actual fact those aint ur problems. Love is the key gospel of Brotherhood. With love, u can gain wisdom, reaches and be above all powers. Not casting, binding and bulldozing. God fights our battles for us in Brotherhood hence we do not know wot it means to bind and cast and bulldoze. He clearly states dat the battle is not ours so why shud be fight anyone? He who has an ear let him hear wot the spirit says to the churches.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by celemel(m): 6:42pm On May 01, 2009
@perkolisis
Thanks for your efforts to enlighten d "blind" in the house.  It beats my imagination each time I read stuff from people who punch their keyboards even b4 they think!  For decades now, so many 'illinformed' so-called "christians" have tried severally to impugn, malign, defame, desecrate, abuse and drag the name of Olumba Olumba Obu in the mud without success.  So many books, tapes and false-testinomies have been bandied about by people across the world just to stop the wondrous works that God has been doing through this man to his elect, without any success.  The world would never change.  AS it were in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.

There's information I'd like to share here.
1. Olumba Olumba Obu has never claimed that he is God
2. Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is the organization that God Himself passed through Leader Olumba Olumba Obu to raise here on earth towards fulfilling that end-time promise that at the appointed time, He (Christ) shall return to lead His people to the accurate knowledge of the truth.
3. Olumba preaches love for one another, tolerance, holiness, faith, chastity, peace, joy, forgiveness, mercy, compassion, sinlessness, hope and righteousness.  He lives by these divine principles and his followers strive to be like him.  These principles are universal to most religions but because the canal nature of man drives him to perptually think about 'himself' alone, we deviate from these principles hence, we have wars, diseases, thugery, struggle for power, search for miracles, pestilence, striving after the wind, fornication, adultery, etc forces weighing us down.  Olumba is seen to be very 'strong' and a 'witch' because he has risen above the canal level of everyday man, has kept God's commandments and thus, God in Him, can do mighty great things once he prays to God through Jesus Christ our Lord and savior, who shed His blood on the cross for the redemption of man's sins.   This knowledge would never be revealed to those who don't truly seek the truth.  And since mankind has tried to investigate the source of his "powres" without success, they tar him with the brush of falsehood and lies.

For the people on this forum who passed judgement on the man, I'd most humbly request that they first look into their lives and supplicate unto God to take care of their problems before they cast aspersions on others'.  Judgement is of the Lord's, (so says the Bible) Whether Olumba is a witch, a necromancer, a native doctor, Christ, Melchizedek or Judas should be left for God to decide.  Most of you on this forum belong to various terrible organizations.  80% of students that have graduated from the Nigerian University System within the last 10 years have belonged to one cult group or another (where a lot of human blood were shed), yet you are the ones throwing out inuendos and aspersions on the person of Olumba Olumba Obu who 99.9% of you don't know!

Lastly, I'd ask this question now:  Amongst all that posted comments on this thread, should Jesus Christ come now (from the clouds as many of you expect) , who amongst you would he look in the eye and say "come with me into my kingdom, for you are my real true son/daughter coz u kept my commandments?". How many of you have tried to practicalize 10% of his injunctions as contained in the Bible?  How many christians out there are ready to recieve Him?  How many christians of today, would recognize christ and honour him if he comes back?  These are issues that should bother our hearts and consciences, not the origin of a man who even I, know very little about.  Those who have ears, let them hear what the holy spirit tells the church. Amen.

@ Perkolisis
Am in Lagos. Am yet to settle for any bethel. I prefer to be a 'free' variable. Thanks for your concern
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by perkolisis: 11:28am On May 02, 2009
celemel may the Father bless u. where r u from n ur bethel?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by papagede(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Is God in Nigeria ? unbiased opinion .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyBThXFmvw
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by papagede(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
Is God in Nigeria ? unbiased opinion .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyBThXFmvw
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by Abuzola(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
The christian god was beaten, spat and slap by his enemy, see mathew 26:67 hahahaha. Is this ur god ?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by papagede(m): 1:26am On Oct 22, 2009
Asalamalakum ,beloved Abuzola , Can we agree there is but one God ? The kingdom is within , it"s" Spiritual " and personal these religious titles are just  " ism "  " schism " to keep us apart  and under  " CONTROL ". Look around all the imbalance is by " ZEALIOUS "  " BELIEVERS "on both sides . Pastor Joe fisher B.C.S.

From Islam
The Qur'an states: "Only argue with the People of the Book in the kindest way - except in the case of those of them who do wrong - saying, 'We have faith in what has been sent down to us and what was sent down to you. Our God and your God are one and we submit to him.'" (Qur'an, Surat al-'Ankabut; 29:46)
"Among the people of the Book there are some who have faith in God and in what has been sent down to you and what was sent down to them, and who are humble before God. They do not sell God's Signs for a paltry price. Such people will have their reward with their Lord. And God is swift at reckoning." (Qur'an, Surat Al 'Imran; 3:199)
", You will find the people most affectionate to those who have faith are those who say, 'We are Christians.' That is because some of them are priests and monks and because, they are not arrogant. (Qur'an, Surat al-Ma'idah; 5:82)
The Quran says: "O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly the most honored of you in God’s sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware (Quran 49:13). [3
Re: Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star by OwohEtte: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2010
The problem with people is that we are just too african to comprehend a good thing. If God blesses one, we tend to attribute it to witches and wizards. You should talk to me regarding Brotherhood of the Cross & Star. I took the BBC to interview him, so i know better. That was back in the good old eightees before all the pitiful infighting started. My advice? If youre not sure of what to say, simply shut up and get on with your life. The tongue is the most powerful weapon on earth. It speaks words that can create or kill; a learned and intelligent person speak less, why? he is privy to this secret. God created the world with words; satan kills with words; i was gladly associated with OOO for 18years and they were the best years of my life! Here is another secret: did you know that on Judgement Day, we will all be judged by our confessions? spoken words, the good, bad and ugly. Come on, i invite you all to say something.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / Bishop Oyedepo Establishes 848 Rural Churches In One Day / Gloria Bamiloye Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.