Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (6390 Views)

Fashola Pays Glowing Tribute To 10 Slain Corps, Other Members. (pics) / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2009
Texaspette,
I don't think the average Nigerian gives a damn about the abusive, corrupt and murderous Nigerian police so don't expect any cry if one is killed for whatever reason.

Back to the real topic please.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2009
udezue:

Texaspette,
I don't think the average Nigerian gives a damn about the abusive, corrupt and murderous Nigerian police so don't expect any cry if one is killed for whatever reason.

Back to the real topic please.

I do not see how i have deviated from the main topic. it is relevant to bring up the relative amounts we pay to the families of people who lose their lives in the service of the Nation.

Beaf:

^Each dead policeman has probably created a few widows and orphans or caused losses above N200 k. We are better off just blowing up the whole lot.

Is that so? This is merely ignorance speaking. There are lots of corrupt policemen, no doubt, but there are also lots of honest ones. The Police force is no more or less corrupt than the general Nigerian society.
Despite their issues, if there were no police presence on the streets, Nigeria would have been a far more unruly place. I don't care what your feelings towards the JTF or Army are, but exhorting criminals to 'blow up the whole lot' of policemen, who are also husbands, fathers, uncles and breadwinners to many families is just stupid.

It is another matter to discuss the morality and common sense in placing a man in harm's way with obsolete weaponry and paying him only 15 - 20k monthly to stand under the elements and risk his life.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2009
Why are you even whining about the amount that is paid to them like as if anyone is saying its too small and they should get a bigger share? I think majority are saying that its an insult to the family. The FG should be looking for the killers but we know as usual in the North you can kill and go free.

The police can quit his job if its not enough for him and besides the civilians are also forced to pay them extra money at the check points so they are getting paid. Nigerian society is so lawless its hard to believe there is police force.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by ud4u: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2009
This NYSC is causing more harm than good, [b]One Nigeria of course abi[/b]

RIP
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2009
NYSC is wack and should be done away with
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Epiphany(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2009
nuzo:

Her life is of course priceless. However, Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?

Now we are talking, since justice from the FG is a fantasy in this case.

Unfortunately for me, no gadamned person have offered me a kobo for the lives of a family member of mine who was slaughtered alongside his entire family. The FG and the rest of Nigeria told us to put the incident behind us and look forward to another genocide.

The fact remains that the FG in conjunction with most nigerias are out annihilate easterners at all cost, and until we begin to retaliate aggressively, we should just keep shut, collect whatever compensation that is given to us and wait for the next massacre.

Shio! angry

OK, i see where you are coming from now, but e no easy for a family to accept the money. 2M naira - that is a big joke. What will be more satisfactory is for the culprits to be found and brought to book. However, the nigeria in which we are today will not allow such a thing to be done. Innocent people are being killed daily and nothing is done. While i could care less when the politicians kill each other (the likes of Ige and co) i am saddened at the loss of a life - when it is an 'innocent' person who is struggling to better him/her self by engaging in silly programs like the NYSC.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Beaf: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2009
texazzpete:

Is that so? This is merely ignorance speaking. There are lots of corrupt policemen, no doubt, but there are also lots of honest ones. The Police force is no more or less corrupt than the general Nigerian society.
Despite their issues, if there were no police presence on the streets, Nigeria would have been a far more unruly place. I don't care what your feelings towards the JTF or Army are, but exhorting criminals to 'blow up the whole lot' of policemen, who are also husbands, fathers, uncles and breadwinners to many families is just stupid.

It is another matter to discuss the morality and common sense in placing a man in harm's way with obsolete weaponry and paying him only 15 - 20k monthly to stand under the elements and risk his life.

It is stupid not to blow up gangsters, pimps, armed robbers and murderers just because they wear a uniform. Will they be able to find the Youth Corpers killers? I sincerely doubt that they are either willing or capable.

What sane man joins the Police, earning "15 - 20k monthly" if he isn't expecting to grow fat from the proceeds of roadblocks and walk away scott free from "accidental discharges"? You surprise me.

I say, blow the suckers up!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2009
Beaf:

It is stupid not to blow up gangsters, pimps, armed robbers and murderers just because they wear a uniform. Will they be able to find the Youth Corpers killers? I sincerely doubt that they are either willing or capable.

So what study have you done that shows that all police people are 'gangsters, pimps, armed robbers and murderers'? That description can easily fit thousands of our undergraduates today - should we then 'blow them up'?

Beaf:

What sane man joins the Police, earning "15 - 20k monthly" if he isn't expecting to grow fat from the proceeds of roadblocks and walk away scott free from "accidental discharges"? You surprise me.

What sane person becomes a roadside mechanic where he'll earn less than 10k a month if not that he plans to steal from people's cars. Therefore, all mechanics should be killed!
ditto for labourers - they must all die!
Apprentice barbers too - they must all be up to something fishy since they earn around 15k a month or less. They must all die!!
One must not spare the bus conductors, the women selling sweets and biscuits and those kids hawking LaCasera. Evil people, all of them, to work for so little gain. There must be some evil that does not meet the eye. Kill them all!!

There, that's what you mean, isn't it?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2009
Beaf:

The funny thing is, you fail to realise how alike you are to the lady's killers.

Your view: Here are these policemen, they are all evil so they must die!

The Killers: see this infidel wearing trousers. That means she must be immoral and thus we may kill her!

see? There's not much difference between you two.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
Each dead policeman has probably created a few widows and orphans or caused losses above N200 k. We are better off just blowing up the whole lot.

any excuse for anarchy.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
tpia.:

any excuse for anarchy.

abi o?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by AloyEmeka6: 12:09am On Oct 15, 2009
Thunder fire them and the N2M.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by dejacrue: 12:29am On Oct 15, 2009
it is so sad that such event happened. the boko haram crisis also took place in the same state and other similar cases in the past. it is high time something urgent is done otherwise these animals will continue to kill fellow nigerians like fowl. i don't know why people can not learn to accomodate their fellow nigerians.

e.g. you interact with a hausa/fulani man here in the south; you contemplate on travelling to the north but take a rethink because you fear the UNTHINKABLE can happen over there.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by PurestBoy(m): 3:03am On Oct 15, 2009
Why can't we separated from these bloody northerners?? Na wa oo
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by spoilt(f): 3:33am On Oct 15, 2009
2 million naira? Which is less than she'll make as a banker in one year? shocked
na wa oh.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by inspiROHM(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2009
Have any of us looked into the bloody truth? Has any of us read through history very well? Did you notice that Igbos were very complacent to this topic? Ojukwu saw this all before the 1967 war. These South-southerners were among the very people, including the Niger-Deltans that are raising storms in tea cups over oil and compensations the support he needed to send the Northerners scurrying away with their tails between their legs . Can you all look into Ojukwu's reaction when Saro-Wiwa was slain? He was complacent. The Niger-Deltans brewing trouble now and the South-southerners like old Crossriver and Rivers State refused to support Ojukwu after he humbly came and begged them almost on his knees to support him. They were like he is IGBO and will overtake everything. Now who overtook everything? Was it not the people clamouring for the God forsaken "ONE NIGERIA" Abuja as we all know was built from the scratch with oil money and yet the people that own the land from which the oil was taken never get a kobo EVEN TILL THIS MOMENT!!! I have never been to Abuja but the pictures of Abuja that I was on this Nairaland knocked me off my seat. I could not believe that this is part of the "One Nigeria!!!" I thought it was 'Photoshopped'. It took another person, a friend of mine that has visited Abuja to get me convinced that this is Abuja. Abuja that had rendered a lot of our brothers and sisters homeless for the sake of MASTERPLAN. This same Abuja, hiiiiiiisssssssissssssssssssssssss. Let me leave it out. We all know how the rest of the Nation looks like. Look closely to the situation, who deserves the amnesty money? The militants or the people of Niger-Delta as a whole? These criminals are treated like kings and EVEN GIVEN SPECIAL AND HEAVY SECURITY DETAIL LIKE TOMPOLO!!! HAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! When will we stop being stupid and see the Northerners as forever using our heads? Is it not the ruling class that must have advised the Presidency on steps to take silence the ajitators with bribery? Amnesty my yansh!!! Is the money going to the Niger-Deltans as a whole as it is supposed to, for developing them as supposed to, to compensate for polluting their environment? We all know what answer stares us back in the face. I expect to be pursued with scathing replies and remarks but who should bloody care? Me? Nooo waaaay!!!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by rasputinn(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2009
Why would Borno State government be offering the family of the murdered girl 2 million naira?was it not the half-baked governor that stopped short of blaming the girl for going out to look for food?instead of him to use soothing words when he was addressing the corpers,he told them to be careful of the people they go out with shocked shocked shocked,so after talking like a daft,why would he now be offering them money with his leprous hands??,he should shove the money up his anus
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 7:28am On Oct 15, 2009
spoilt:

2 million naira? Which is less than she'll make as a banker in one year? shocked
na wa oh.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but in reality the Federal Government is under no obligation to make any financial remuneration to the family of the slain girl. What they owe the family is to either bring the murderers to book, or to show they are doing the best they can.

Sadly, the likelihood of the killers being found is very slim. If only we had well managed DNA databanks like in the western world, that would have made a difference!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by blaksril(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2009
My condolences to the family. But why do we have to bring depraved sentiments(religious, tribal, political or BS) into everything. The lady cud have bin killed by some sexually depraved miscreant who might not have been 4rm d north. Afterall d killing occured close to a higher institution where people of various tribes n inclinations converge.Lets not trivalize her death with dis stupid nigerian mentality. RIP
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by okeey(m): 8:17am On Oct 15, 2009
may God see us through from all dis
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by VALIDATOR: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2009
blaksril:

My condolences to the family. But why do we have to bring depraved sentiments(religious, tribal, political or BS) into everything. [b]The lady cud have bin killed by some sexually depraved miscreant who might not have been 4rm d north. [/b]Afterall d killing occured close to a higher institution where people of various tribes n inclinations converge.Lets not trivalize her death with dis stupid nigerian mentality. RIP

Was there any evidence that she was rapped or was there an attempt to rape?
Let's not be in denial. Majority of the northerners value the lives of their cows more than that of human. They just can't understand why anyone will choose not to be a muslim and thereby not partake in their hope delusion of 72 virgins.
They need education for their lazy brains. But can the rest of southern nigerians stand still till they accept the usefulness of education
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by trekkie: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2009
the article clearly says she ran into some hoodlums which could have happened to her in any part of the country. i think until this crime is thoroughly investigated and it is proven or even suspected that late miss ushangs ethnicity or religion had to do with her being singled out for this heinous crime, then we should not view this through ethnic or religious eyes.
unfortunately, we will get a thorough investigation from the nigerian security services when hell freezes over. undecided
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2009
2m naira for human life? is that how cheap life has become in this country?!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nezan(m): 9:30am On Oct 15, 2009
. . . . and they will want you to believe that islam is a religion of peace . . . peace ko, piss ni!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by hollandis(f): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2009
nuzo:

They should take the 2 milla and move on.
Whatever happened to "one nigeria"? undecided

The reason I always cringe when I read your post is your low level of reasoning coupled with your daft mentality.
Repeat this after me-- I, Nuzo was born a fool ,is a fool at the moment and will forever remain a fool
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2009
hollandis:

The reason I always cringe when I read your post is your low level of reasoning coupled with your daft mentality.
Repeat this after me-- I, Nuzo was born a fool ,is a fool at the moment and will forever remain a fool

grin grin
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by VALIDATOR: 9:44am On Oct 15, 2009
hollandis:

While Nuzo may have sounded too straight forward, I believe that he is not trying to say that the girl's life is worth just 2M but should her family loose the money too What if they trained her so that she can become the bread winner for her siblings ?There will NOT be ANY investigation that will bring the culprits to justice.There was never any.Na who kill Bola Ige,Dele Giwa,etc The police is still investigating wondering,
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Rooneyboy(m): 9:52am On Oct 15, 2009
I still wonder the reason 4 D amalgamation. It just makes no sense rather it brings sorrow and tears .May God deliver us from this animals.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by hollandis(f): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2009
VALIDATOR:

While Nuzo may have sounded too straight forward, I believe that he is not trying to say that the girl's life is worth just 2M but should her family loose the money too What if they trained her so that she can become the bread winner for her siblings ?There will NOT be ANY investigation that will bring the culprits to justice.There was never any.Na who kill Bola Ige,Dele Giwa,etc The police is still investigating wondering,

Did the girl's family ask for money angry
The government should lead a powerful ,high level delegation to the girl's (RIP) house and promise the parents that the evil pepetrators will be brought to book.Whatever amount given to the parents should not even be released to the press
I was nearly lynched in the north recently and I vowed never to return there ,not even the security allowance they promised me.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by asha80(m): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2009
Hollandis there is a reason nuzo made that statement and i actually back him.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by unclebros: 10:24am On Oct 15, 2009
Seeing her pic bring tears to my eyes even as i type this words cry cry cry
its a shame that such a beauty and future mother to be was wasted by people who dont understand the worth of investment that has gone into training a person through univeristy education
I cant write again as my tears are gushing out
i sign out
Adieu young Miss
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Excllncy(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2009
How I wish this is an illusion. Rest in peace our heroine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monthly Allowance: February Allawee Not Yet Paid / Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM) Results Are Out, June 2014 Diet... / Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.