Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m (6389 Views)

Fashola Pays Glowing Tribute To 10 Slain Corps, Other Members. (pics) / FG Promises N5m Each To Families Of Slain Corps Members / Tears As Corpses Of Slain ‘corpers’ Leave Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by superstar1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
See the family of the girl are even stupid, they need to write a strongly worded letter to NYSC telling them they will retaliate anywhere and at anytime, they should kidnap 10ladies of northern origin serving in the south and do same to them. If there people cannot condemn the assailant and blaminng the girl for dressing indecently, let them have a pill of their dose too. Imagine, the bastard Senator from Bornu misyarning, walahi he is a bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!May his daughters suffer the same fate.Stupid man,
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by chosen04(f): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
from Hollandis.
I was nearly lynched in the north recently and I vowed never to return there ,not even the security allowance they promised me.
==========================================================

U were nearly lynched in the north recently? So what effort did u make to speakout and notify other corpers and other nigerians abt the constant killing and lynching of non northerners up there. I will really blame u for not warning others abt the dangers imposed to other nigerians by these people.

Thats why i cant fathom ur reason for calling NUZO a fool!. Do think u family would have being compensated( God forbid) if those southerners haters had lynched u?

PLS WAKE UP & FACE THE REALITY OF "ONE nIGERIA"
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by chosen04(f): 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
superstar1:

See the family of the girl are even stupid, they need to write a strongly worded letter to NYSC telling them they will retaliate anywhere and at anytime, they should kidnap 10ladies of northern origin serving in the south and do same to them. If there people cannot condemn the assailant and blaminng the girl for dressing indecently, let them have a pill of their dose too. Imagine, the bastard Senator from Bornu misyarning, walahi he is a bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!May his daughters suffer the same fate.Stupid man,

So why are u complaining? When u know that these people value the life of their cow to that of a southern. Bro, stop compaining cos that is the gain of "one nigeria ness"
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by uchemanga(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2009
cry
Why are we always passive voices, commenting and suggesting?
The earlier we stand up to this, not necessarily killing any deprave northerner, but a honest and fervent protest of refusal of both the students to serve in the north and schools to sent their tender graduates to that den of blood thirsty cannibals.
Then they will lick their own blood and drink their own flesh.
Have everyone ever imagined the labour of childbirth, patient of nurturing and cost of training a child?
Why does the govt enjoy making southerners game in their northern wild.
and are even reluctant to offer real compensation.
say ten million and above since they can not use the money to provide security!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
what i don't understand is, how does wearng of trousers justify the rape of an innocent girl in the first place? it's like saying because a man went to the bank and collected a large sum of money exposed the money carelessly in the back seat of his car, therefore robbers were justified in snatching the money from him and killing him! what an odd way of reasoning for a supposed 'honorable' senator.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
mike oscar:

@Nuzo,
I have seen a lot of thread from you in the past few months that I have joined NL and as sad as I could be reading some of your contributions I have managed to steer away from you and some others because I won't join issues or want to be entangled in NL bickerings and petty quarrels because I am a person of faith and have to pick carefully what I say to people on NL so even if it does not edify people it will not leave an indelibly negative impression on people and above all that I will remain a good witness of Jesus Christ so I can win some.

Why do we always have to become so tribally incited on almost every thread. I think this forum should be a place where those of us young and old ( young at heart too) who are concerned about lending our voices to moving our nation forward will begin to share thoughts and galvanise those physically on ground back home in Nigeria to push for a united Nigeria devoid of corruption, tribal sentiments and hate for one another.

You said "Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?" [/b] [i][/i]That Igbos or any other tribe have been incessantly killed and their properties lost in the North does not in anyway make you better if such callous act are visited on another tribe. Neither does it make it right in the sight of God either.
I can undertand your frustration but don't get it twisted because it is not only those of  Igbo extraction that have been wasted up North for every and any excuse some of those Islamic extremist can get. There's been several other southerners including my own cousin and some lady from my community killed up north and I am not Igbo. It is not tribe or number of deaths we are talking here it's the fact that a group of people scattered all around our nation has the audacity to decide when we should come into their own part of the country and altimately that we don't return alive.
I happen to come from that region(Ogoja to be precise) and I tell you the truth there are a lot of enterprising Igbos who have lived peacably in these regions since the 60's i.e. Obudu, Ogoja Boki, Ikom, Obubura, Calabar and even Ugep with all the myth sorrounding their propensity for canibalism in the old days. We have an NYSC camp there(I hope it's still there) and you will not hear this sort of thing happening.  See my guy, both my parents are from Ogoja but my Dad left the comfort of Lagos and everything He had by the grace of God and joined Chief Ojukwu and Mr Philip Effiong to plan and execute the Biafran War till the last day of surrender. He is still alive and well today and still very Biafran in Mentality but have conceeded to me on some occasions that if we the younger generation will rise up given our vast knowledge and the benefits of hindsight and our very troubled past, we can build a better Nigeria devoid of tribal sentiments at the drop of a hat, deviod of corruption, nepotism, favoritism and all the other anti-progressive vices that has perpetually rivetted us to one location or at best kept us in a holding pattern.

Look at that pretty  young girl, think my friend, if it were your own sister, will you take it laying low if some body else made this sort of comments, I beg think am you hear, because it doesn't sound right/well at all. I hope you get a chance to retract and not go on the defensive as I have seen in your responses.

God bless us all, Amen.

Whats all these rubbish?

You are crying foul cos it's your turn this time? I will tell you again; deal with it for the sake of "one nigeria"; that was exactly what the FG told my family too. In fact, the governement have not made any public statement as regards to that till date.
You are even lucky the god damned government acknowledged it and even went up to the extent of offering 2 million to the family. In our own cases; we were told that its a treasonable offence to discuss it in public.

Now, who has the moral standing to tell me its not tribal?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Beaf: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2009
George_D:

what i don't understand is, how does wearng of trousers justify the rape of an innocent girl in the first place? it's like saying because a man went to the bank and collected a large sum of money exposed the money carelessly in the back seat of his car, therefore robbers were justified in snatching the money from him and killing him! what an odd way of reasoning for a supposed 'honorable' senator.

Really? No be de same people say make dem kpia all of una from ND? Some of these Northern leaders have absolutely zero brains and morals, donkeys would do better.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mikeoscar: 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
Quote from: mike oscar on Today at 02:56:06 PM

@Nuzo,
I have seen a lot of thread from you in the past few months that I have joined NL and as sad as I could be reading some of your contributions I have managed to steer away from you and some others because I won't join issues or want to be entangled in NL bickerings and petty quarrels because I am a person of faith and have to pick carefully what I say to people on NL so even if it does not edify people it will not leave an indelibly negative impression on people and above all that I will remain a good witness of Jesus Christ so I can win some.

Why do we always have to become so tribally incited on almost every thread. I think this forum should be a place where those of us young and old ( young at heart too) who are concerned about lending our voices to moving our nation forward will begin to share thoughts and galvanise those physically on ground back home in Nigeria to push for a united Nigeria devoid of corruption, tribal sentiments and hate for one another.

You said "Igbos have been told to move on after their brothers and sisters hav been killed in thousand in recent times. So, why is it wrong for Obudu people to move on now? Because she is not Igbo?" [/b] [i][/i]That Igbos or any other tribe have been incessantly killed and their properties lost in the North does not in anyway make you better if such callous act are visited on another tribe. Neither does it make it right in the sight of God either.
I can undertand your frustration but don't get it twisted because it is not only those of  Igbo extraction that have been wasted up North for every and any excuse some of those Islamic extremist can get. There's been several other southerners including my own cousin and some lady from my community killed up north and I am not Igbo. It is not tribe or number of deaths we are talking here it's the fact that a group of people scattered all around our nation has the audacity to decide when we should come into their own part of the country and altimately that we don't return alive.
I happen to come from that region(Ogoja to be precise) and I tell you the truth there are a lot of enterprising Igbos who have lived peacably in these regions since the 60's i.e. Obudu, Ogoja Boki, Ikom, Obubura, Calabar and even Ugep with all the myth sorrounding their propensity for canibalism in the old days. We have an NYSC camp there(I hope it's still there) and you will not hear this sort of thing happening.  See my guy, both my parents are from Ogoja but my Dad left the comfort of Lagos and everything He had by the grace of God and joined Chief Ojukwu and Mr Philip Effiong to plan and execute the Biafran War till the last day of surrender. He is still alive and well today and still very Biafran in Mentality but have conceeded to me on some occasions that if we the younger generation will rise up given our vast knowledge and the benefits of hindsight and our very troubled past, we can build a better Nigeria devoid of tribal sentiments at the drop of a hat, deviod of corruption, nepotism, favoritism and all the other anti-progressive vices that has perpetually rivetted us to one location or at best kept us in a holding pattern.

Look at that pretty  young girl, think my friend, if it were your own sister, will you take it laying low if some body else made this sort of comments, I beg think am you hear, because it doesn't sound right/well at all. I hope you get a chance to retract and not go on the defensive as I have seen in your responses.

God bless us all, Amen.
[/quote]

[quote]Whats all these rubbish?

You are crying foul cos it's your turn this time? I will tell you again; deal with it for the sake of "one nigeria"; that was exactly what the FG told my family too. In fact, the governement have not made any public statement as regards to that till date.
You are even lucky the god damned government acknowledged it and even went up to the extent of offering 2 million to the family. In our own cases; we were told that its a treasonable offence to discuss it in public.

Now, who has the moral standing to tell me its not tribal?

My good friend,
It's either that you don't get it or you chose to "re-write" what I have written to you. Is it not clear to you or any of us reading my response that I AM A DE-TRIBALISED SPECIE OF HUMAN PROTOPLASM?

First, I have lived and related with most people from other tribes in Nigeria and now even in diaspora, I was Born and raised in Lagos, went to Secondary School in the East, Was in the NDA, went to the University in Portharcourt,  and spent some time in the North, Worked in Portharcourt and Warri for a major Oil/gas company and interacted very well with all these people. Most of my friends are Igbo, some yoruba, Hausa and some friends I made later in life from the Niger Delta state across the middle belt while in the Military. I have great respect for all Negerian tribes that is why you will never hear me join any of your clanish or tribal war(go check all my thread on NL). As an "ex-barracks boy", I speak Hausa, as a Lagos Born I speak, Readand write Yoruba(thank God for the Alawiye series by J.F. Odunjo), By association I manage the regular greetings and basic conversation in Igbo so to say "cos  it's  your turn this time" trivialises the whole issue here. My concern is, no Nigerian citizen deserves to be murdered in cold blood by fellow Nigerians(including your late relatives or my cousin) and as you have been repeatedly told by others, money can't buy her back nor be equated with her precious soul. I guess the moral of their refusal to collect the money is not even about the amount, it is a protest to the government for them to get to the bottom of all these killings up north before the entire "South" starts a retributive tribal cleansing. I hope i have come clearer this time and please I'm not talking rubbish as you noted in your opening remark
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by spoilt(f): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
I survived my harrowing NYSC, and so will you.

@ Texazzpete
Was it not you that went to watch ball or something during your NYSC and nearly died on your way back home??  grin
hehehe  grin
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
spoilt:

@ Texazzpete
Was it not you that went to watch ball or something during your NYSC and nearly died on your way back home??  grin
hehehe  grin

Yep! I have never been so scared in my life like i was that dark night so many years ago.
Harrowing NYSC indeed, and i wasn't even in the North but in Abia State right here!

But we all go through this phase, and i cannot understand why people are always calling for the scheme to be scrapped. 22 year old Americans are fighting in Afghanistan, graduates from Israeli, Iranian and Swiss schools have 1 year compulsory millitary service - yet here we are complaining because we are being pressed into serving the Nation.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by spoilt(f): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ texazzpete
There's risk everywhere but im kind of averse to the North. Too volatile for me.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by oloye20: 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
I seriously think we (nuzo&friends) are missing the point here. Whether Christian or Muslim, Yoruba, Igbo OR Hausa, every one's actions must be subject to the Constitution of the Federal Republic. We have a criminal code. These are crimes punishable under law. Lets neither use religious nor ethinic undertones in this DISCUSSION. It is purely a criminal offence!  Nobody should be intimidated by security agents saying :"4 the sake of one Nigeria let it pass"! For Long? How many more people should die  before we refuse this injustice?

What is happening is a terrible! If we continue to only chat and discuss about it like this, these wanton killings will continue and more innocent people will die. who knows the next person may be yours or you. I seriously think her State Government/Governor should send a high powered delegation to Maiduguri to follow-up investigation, arrest and consequent prosecution of the perpertuators of that gruelsome act.  When people begin to see the consequences of their actions it will make them think twice b4 they react again.
Consequences! that's the only thing people in this part of the world respond to! When they are made to answer for their actions/ lawlessness, it puts a check on future occurrences of this sort. Our Lady friend may have departed, but her departure should not be in vain.

EVIL PREVAILS BECAUSE DECENT PEOPLE DO NOTHING!

LET THE WHOLE NATION RISE AND DEMAND JUSTICE! DEMAND THAT THE MURDERERS BE PROSECUTED!

LET US BOLDLY , TOGETHER REFUSE THIS INJUSTICE!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by spoilt(f): 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
oloye20:

What is happening is a terrible! If we continue to only chat and discuss about it like this, these wanton killings will continue and more innocent people will die. who knows the next person may be yours or you. I seriously think her State Government/Governor should send a high powered delegation to Maiduguri to follow-up investigation, arrest and consequent prosecution of the perpertuators of that gruelsome act. When people begin to see the consequences of their actions it will make them think twice b4 they react again.
Consequences! that's the only thing people in this part of the world respond to! When they are make to answer for their actions/ lawlessness, it puts a check on future occurrences of this sort. Our Lady friend may have departed, but her departure should not be in vain.

EVIL PREVAILS BECAUSE DECENT PEOPLE DO NOTHING!

LET THE WHOLE NATION RISE AND DEMAND JUSTICE! DEMAND THAT THE MURDERERS BE PROSECUTED!

Errrrr. . . . . Do you have a petition for us to sign? grin
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 12:11am On Oct 16, 2009
Just slaughter a few desert rats and get back to regular business. Thats what my Awka people will do and have done it b4. ONE NIGERIA. cool
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2009
mike oscar:

My good friend,
It's either that you don't get it or you chose to "re-write" what I have written to you. Is it not clear to you or any of us reading my response that I AM A DE-TRIBALISED SPECIE OF HUMAN PROTOPLASM?

First, I have lived and related with most people from other tribes in Nigeria and now even in diaspora, I was Born and raised in Lagos, went to Secondary School in the East, Was in the NDA, went to the University in Portharcourt,  and spent some time in the North, Worked in Portharcourt and Warri for a major Oil/gas company and interacted very well with all these people. Most of my friends are Igbo, some yoruba, Hausa and some friends I made later in life from the Niger Delta state across the middle belt while in the Military. I have great respect for all Negerian tribes that is why you will never hear me join any of your clanish or tribal war(go check all my thread on NL). As an "ex-barracks boy", I speak Hausa, as a Lagos Born I speak, Readand write Yoruba(thank God for the Alawiye series by J.F. Odunjo), By association I manage the regular greetings and basic conversation in Igbo so to say "cos  it's  your turn this time" trivialises the whole issue here. My concern is, no Nigerian citizen deserves to be murdered in cold blood by fellow Nigerians(including your late relatives or my cousin) and as you have been repeatedly told by others, money can't buy her back nor be equated with her precious soul. I guess the moral of their refusal to collect the money is not even about the amount, it is a protest to the government for them to get to the bottom of all these killings up north before the entire "South" starts a retributive tribal cleansing. I hope i have come clearer this time and please I'm not talking rubbish as you noted in your opening remark

Mr detribalized Nigeria aka Barrack boy.

You do not have any moral standing to tell me how I should feel after all the losts, intimidation and cover ups.
I will say it again; the family should either demand for an increase or walk away with the 2 milla for the sake of "one nigeria". Now, who else could be as detribalized as I am for such a patriotic suggestion?

And if you cannot understand the simple sarcasm behind my posts. . . . . I suggest you shut up and stop putting us through the pains of reading your rubbish essay.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2009
it's very clear that some 'horourable' lawmakers are anything but honourable in their thinking.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mikeoscar: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
Mr detribalized Nigeria aka Barrack boy.

You do not have any moral standing to tell me how I should feel after all the losts, intimidation and cover ups.
I will say it again; the family should either demand for an increase or walk away with the 2 milla for the sake of "one nigeria". Now, who else could be as detribalized as I am for such a patriotic suggestion?

And if you cannot understand the simple sarcasm behind my posts. . . . . I suggest you shut up and stop putting us through the pains of reading your rubbish essay.
]@NUZO

You should have just quickly told everyone that your idea of contributing to a serious issue as this, is to make an ugly statement and then turn around and dock under your "simple sarcasm". I hope you know I will NOT take all your insults personal plus you know everyone on this thread can read and see the point we both disagree on and the fact that you consistently swayed the matter sentimentally. After now You won't hear me respond to you on this matter, you bet? May the Lord, grant all the families who have lost loved ones to Northern extremists the fortitude to bear their loss at this difficult times-Amen
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
mike oscar:

]@NUZO

You should have just quickly told everyone that your idea of contribution to a serious issue is to make an ugly statement and then turn around and dock under your "simple sarcasm". I hope you know I will NOT take all your insults personal plus you know everyone on this thread can read and see the point we both disagree on and the fact that you consistently swayed the matter sentimentally. After now You won't hear me respond to you on this matter, you bet?

Who asked you to respond to me in the first place, and who cares if you dont write yet another garbage?
Trust me; I wouldnt blink if you are about jumping in front of a moving train right now. Not anymore! angry

Nigerians can only see reason when its their turn to bear the brunt.

Rubbish!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by mont: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
They should take the 2 milla and move on.
Whatever happened to "one nigeria"?
Nuzo, so a life is worth 2milla to u rit? if u will xchange urs 4dat, so of us its worth much much more. mr 1 nigeria. shocked
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
mont:

Nuzo, so a life is worth 2milla to u rit? if u will xchange urs 4dat, so of us its worth much much more. mr 1 nigeria. shocked

How old are you; 12?

Look, I dont believe and I never mentioned in any of my posts that her life is worth 2 illion. In fact, I made it clear in one of my posts that the yuong girls life is priceless.
The only reason I asked the family of Miss Adie to take the 2 milla and bounce is nothing but for the sake of our precious Nigeria. In doing that, they will be living out what Nigerians have been preaching all these while when some people from other ethnic groups were being slaughtered.

Let's sing it out loud together; "ONE NIGERIA"!

"God" bless you broda for singing along with me. tongue
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2009
people just talk crap when they don't have anything at stake. wait until it happens to your sister and then meekly accept 2million for sake of 'one nigeria' angry
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by asha80(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
have you not read where he said it happened to a relation of his?you do not get the sarcasm of his post?^^^
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
George_D:

people just talk crap when they don't have anything at stake. wait until it happens to your sister and then meekly accept 2million for sake of 'one nigeria' angry

People also type crap when they only have something at stake. Worst of it all is that they dont even read before typing those craps.

Has the strike affected your ability to read?

Nonsense!
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2009
you just make me laugh. which strike is affecting who? abi you think say na everybody here be student? grin
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by chosen04(f): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2009
George_D:

you just make me laugh. which strike is affecting who? abi you think say na everybody here be student? grin

Geroge-D

Am sure u took time to read all the post on this thread cos if u do u will know that NUZO had one of his relation and his entire family massacred in the north cos of "Prophet Mohammed's carton" drawn in Denmark and No body compensated his family rather they were told that thats the scarifice they have to make for us to remain 'one Nigeria"

So, he also expects this Girl's Family to make same scarifice especially since they have even been offered 2 million naira compensation.

Pls nxt time learn to read through before trash talking.=====Thank You.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2009
you who has taken time to read and is now 'talking sense', how does that kind of reasoning sound? i don't blame you as i see both of you are bird of a feather.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by imeekong: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
[color=#770077][/color] to hell with their N2m, that's just 1 thing about our leaders, they just feel money can buy everything, can that peanut money be compared to what the parents spent to bring her to that level, or do they think the parents are too poor as to accept that as compensation. Money isn't the issue here, Justice must come to play if they really want to honour that who was serving her Nation 'under the sun or in the rain, with dedication and selflessness' then the culprits should be sorted out and dealt with severely.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by udezue(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
Nigerians can only see reason when its their turn to bear the brunt.

Nuzo,
Bros I feel you. No be ONE NIGERIA? When Igbos are attacked they tell them to just move on and build a better country so let Obudu people and the larger Efik Ibibio ppl shut up and hell build better Nigeria. U know that they've always been killed along side Igbos but for some reason they hardly ever retaliate or even talk about the deaths of their people I guess to not associate with Igbo people and many have always thought that they only fall victims because there is no difference btwn Igbo and their neighbors. It was only during the Sharia riot that Uyo ppl could not handle it anymore and killed Hausa ppl in retalitation for the deaths of their people. Dissociating yourselves from the Igbo or not won't stop the Fulani man from killing you. If you are not Hausa-fulani or muslim you are a dead meat. Igbos seem to be the main target because they are large and more visible but that does not mean that my Ibibio people arent a target as well. They just think they are not which is stupid. The Hausa violence against its minority neighbors, Yoruba and other non Igbos is begining to open people's eyes. They've been playing divide and conquer.

My Ibibio ppl its either we retaliate or we shut up and continue to build a better Nigeria by making ourselves the sacrificial lambs. The choice is yours.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by ikennahill: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2009
This is quite sad,
No tribe will ever take the ibo nation for a ride because they fought against many nations including Britain,built their own bomb,naval boat,drove their car with locally made fuel, printed the best quality of currency the world have ever seen.everyday in this country call Nigeria, we are reminded that the war is not still over.

it happened in kano, jos maiduguri,etc, but for one time retaliation from Igbos it would have been worst today, nobody have monopoly to violence and i wonder why one section have the tendency to kill humans, corper sent to help them with their knowledge,the north is the biggest beneficiary of NYSC,yet they allow young southern graduates to be butchered.murder is not only seen in naija ,it is worldwide but the difference is that here the killer get free.

as per 2 million naira pay off, that is rubbish, the girl would have been helping the society, so government should in addition to this give employment /scholarship to the members of the slain corper family.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by MadMax1(f): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2009
They're stupid for offering the poor girl's family 2M.The amount is offensive.If they can, the family should sue the government of that state and NYSC, just so there's a lot of publicity and someone, anyone, pays for this. The poster who said this sort of thing keeps happening because there are ZERO consequences every time, is right.The average Northerner knows he may kill with impunity, esp since his fellow lunatics are in Govt, and this makes the North a danger zone to other Nigerians.And yet they go about unmolested in other parts of the country. It's not right to kill innocent people in retribution.It doesn't make sense.But we should stop letting these people get away with murder time and again. Honestly if anyone generates a petition here to demand justice for the girl and that they scrap that useless NYSC scheme I'll extend a paw and sign it in a sec.
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2009
Mad_Max:

Honestly if anyone generates a petition here to demand justice for the girl, I'll extend a paw and sign it in a sec.

Can Afam take up this challenge?
Re: Family Of Slain Corps Member Rejects N2m by texazzpete(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2009
Mad_Max:

They're stupid for offering the poor girl's family 2M.The amount is offensive.If they can, the family should sue the government of that state and NYSC, just so there's a lot of publicity and someone, anyone, pays for this. The poster who said this sort of thing keeps happening because there are ZERO consequences every time, is right.The average Northerner knows he may kill with impunity, esp since his fellow lunatics are in Govt, and this makes the North a danger zone to other Nigerians.And yet they go about unmolested in other parts of the country. It's not right to kill innocent people in retribution.It doesn't make sense.But we should stop letting these people get away with murder time and again. Honestly if anyone generates a petition here to demand justice for the girl and that they scrap that useless NYSC scheme I'll extend a paw and sign it in a sec.

So it's down to putting a price on the girl's life abi?
The Federal Govt is only obligated to bringing the girl's killers to justice, not to pay any money as compensation. It's one thing to reject the money so as to reinforce the seriousness of their demands for justice, it's another to reject the money offered because it is 'too small'.
It's premature to say she was killed because her killers knew they can 'kill with impunity'. You think it's not in the Government's best interest to bring the killers to book? Without an extensive databank of DNA samples like their western counterparts, it is doubtful the police can find the killers. Except someone comes forward with a confession.

As for scrapping the NYSC scheme, i do not support that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Corpers, NYSC 2017 Batch A / Monthly Allowance: February Allawee Not Yet Paid / Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM) Results Are Out, June 2014 Diet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.