Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". (1739 Views)

These Beautiful Women Say That They Have Never Had An Orgasm.where D Guys At / 8 Words That Are More Powerful Than ‘I Love You’ In Relationship / 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Dongreat(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
Saying "I love you" has lost some meaning. While saying those three words can still be really hard when you're saying them to that special person the first few times, they're also words that get tossed around pretty casually. We "love" this and that and we feel like we have to tell people that we love them as if it's the right thing to do even if we don't necessarily mean it. When you hear the same thing over and over again, it starts to not mean as much to you, and soon we can start hearing the insincerity in the words. Saying "I love you" is still a big thing and a huge step for a lot of people but there are many other ways you can say I love you that have more meaning.
Here are 12 ways to say "I love you" that carry more meaning in them.

1. I forgive your past.
This is such an important thing in a relationship. To move forward in a relationship, you have to not only love a person despite their past, but you also have to forgive that past. We are not the same people we were a year ago and you can't hold a grudge against the decisions someone made before you even knew them.

2. I want you to succeed.
This is hoping they do well in life on their own and by their own strength. Not enough people in this world want others to succeed, so knowing the person you love wants this for you means more than anything.

3. I appreciate you.
Just picture someone telling you they appreciate you. How can you not feel great after hearing that? Telling someone you appreciate them means you value them as a person and friend and partner.

4. Thank you.
When you love someone, you do things for them without expecting anything in return...and that can include a thank you. That's why it's so important to say it. It doesn't even have to be directed at something they've done. It can simply be thanking them for being them and for being a part of your life.

5. Be safe.
Telling someone to stay safe or drive careful is more than just a fly away comment. Your love should not stop when your partner is away from you. When you tell them to be safe when they aren't with you, it shows that you care about their well being.

6. I respect you.
There's not enough respect in the world to begin with...and loving someone doesn't necessarily mean you respect them. Respecting your partner means you also recognize them as an independent person outside of the relationship.

7. I choose you.
Your partner is not an option. They are not someone you go to when everything else doesn't work out for you. Telling your partner that you choose them is saying, above all else, they're the one you want.

8. You're my best friend.
Getting to say you're in love with the person you're dating AND they are your best friend is almost too good to be true. But they won't know it if you don't tell them.

9. Let's do this together.
When you are in a relationship, you become a part of a team. That means working together to make your relationship stronger and better and pushing through life together.

10. I missed you.
Just because you know you're going to see them again soon doesn't mean you can't miss them. I bet they would love to hear you tell them you missed them.

11. I'm glad I met you.
Where you are right now wouldn't be possible if you hadn't met your partner. Saying you're glad you met them means that despite the lows you might have experienced, you still love them and you wouldn't change what you have.

12. You're my soulmate.
Maybe you believe in having more than one soulmate, or maybe you know there is only one other person out there that fits in the space next to your heart. Whatever it is, telling someone they are your soulmate means it's you and them forever and that you are meant to be together.

How do you say I love you? Please tell us in the comments!

http://diply.com/amos/article/phrases-that-mean-more-than-i-love-you/1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
like-----------let's enter MOBI-TECH and buy you Iphone7

so romantic..... m even getting hornyy already
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
the girl above me needs help, make una pray
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Dongreat(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
FlawlesRebirth02:

Lmao, interesting. But with the money for iPhone 7, I will marry Mary and she will gladly give birth to not one but two messiah. cheesy
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by izzou(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
FlawlesRebirth02:

Pictures of You getting Hot

I said horrny, not hot angry

Pictures of you getting horrny

Or

You know the drill
cool
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dongreat:

Lmao, interesting. But with the money for iPhone 7, I will marry Mary and she will gladly give birth to not one but two messiah. cheesy

And this is supposed to be funny?

Arindin.

1 Like

Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
grin

Searching...
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
izzou:

Pictures of You getting Hot
I said horrny, not hot angry
Pictures of you getting horrny
Or

You know the drill cool
.i dunno

gist me
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by FlawlesRebirth02(f): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
officialEFCC:
the girl above me needs help, make una pray
.hehehehehehe

watch what you say oooo...... cuz the only "ABOVE ME" I know is when a guy is giving his bae "head" hmmmm

OK...... they wee say FLAWLES have come again
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by thesuave10(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

Searching...

Hey...Trapie.. grin
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Dongreat(m): 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ioannes:

And this is supposed to be funny?

Arindin.

Dude turn on your sarcasm tap and maybe your life will be stress free.

Fanatic.
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dongreat:

Dude turn on your sarcasm tap and maybe your life will be stress free.

Fanatic.

I've seen God-haters like you who pretend to be atheists. They scream blue murder if others show their faith but won't mind denigrating other people's beliefs for whatever reason.

You wanna impress the girl? why not cast around in that bag of tricks you carry around and pull out another one, and it better not denigrate my faith otherwise I'd go toe-to-toe with you on this and you won't like it. I promise you.
Re: Things To Say That Are More Important Than "I Love You". by uvalued(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dongreat:
Saying "I love you" has lost some meaning. While saying those three words can still be really hard when you're saying them to that special person the first few times, they're also words that get tossed around pretty casually. We "love" this and that and we feel like we have to tell people that we love them as if it's the right thing to do even if we don't necessarily mean it. When you hear the same thing over and over again, it starts to not mean as much to you, and soon we can start hearing the insincerity in the words. Saying "I love you" is still a big thing and a huge step for a lot of people but there are many other ways you can say I love you that have more meaning.
Here are 12 ways to say "I love you" that carry more meaning in them.

1. I forgive your past.
This is such an important thing in a relationship. To move forward in a relationship, you have to not only love a person despite their past, but you also have to forgive that past. We are not the same people we were a year ago and you can't hold a grudge against the decisions someone made before you even knew them.

2. I want you to succeed.
This is hoping they do well in life on their own and by their own strength. Not enough people in this world want others to succeed, so knowing the person you love wants this for you means more than anything.

3. I appreciate you.
Just picture someone telling you they appreciate you. How can you not feel great after hearing that? Telling someone you appreciate them means you value them as a person and friend and partner.

4. Thank you.
When you love someone, you do things for them without expecting anything in return...and that can include a thank you. That's why it's so important to say it. It doesn't even have to be directed at something they've done. It can simply be thanking them for being them and for being a part of your life.

5. Be safe.
Telling someone to stay safe or drive careful is more than just a fly away comment. Your love should not stop when your partner is away from you. When you tell them to be safe when they aren't with you, it shows that you care about their well being.

6. I respect you.
There's not enough respect in the world to begin with...and loving someone doesn't necessarily mean you respect them. Respecting your partner means you also recognize them as an independent person outside of the relationship.

7. I choose you.
Your partner is not an option. They are not someone you go to when everything else doesn't work out for you. Telling your partner that you choose them is saying, above all else, they're the one you want.

8. You're my best friend.
Getting to say you're in love with the person you're dating AND they are your best friend is almost too good to be true. But they won't know it if you don't tell them.

9. Let's do this together.
When you are in a relationship, you become a part of a team. That means working together to make your relationship stronger and better and pushing through life together.

10. I missed you.
Just because you know you're going to see them again soon doesn't mean you can't miss them. I bet they would love to hear you tell them you missed them.

11. I'm glad I met you.
Where you are right now wouldn't be possible if you hadn't met your partner. Saying you're glad you met them means that despite the lows you might have experienced, you still love them and you wouldn't change what you have.

12. You're my soulmate.
Maybe you believe in having more than one soulmate, or maybe you know there is only one other person out there that fits in the space next to your heart. Whatever it is, telling someone they are your soulmate means it's you and them forever and that you are meant to be together.

How do you say I love you? Please tell us in the comments!

http://diply.com/amos/article/phrases-that-mean-more-than-i-love-you/1

(1) (Reply)

Waw, Stupidgoat Is D Hottest Nairalander / I Am Pregnant But I’ve Been Having S*x With My Boss In The Office – Married Woma / Biko What Is Broda Jigaa Doing To Sista Bey... Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.