Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,026 members, 7,852,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West (15156 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 10:47am On Oct 04, 2016
Eastfield1:
.can u provide any evidence that an igbo man was appointed to govern them?
look, U can stilk to ur Beer parlour gossip for as long as u get satisfaction n consolation in it but it wont change d fact that all u hv said are just beer parlour gossips

Okonkwo, an Anioma son was appointed the military governor of the Midwestern region renamed Republic of Benin.

I guess the Afonja feel that the Midwestern Igbos are not fit to govern the region, when in fact, Osadebay Dennis was the last democratic leader of the Midwest and he was Igbo too.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Eastfield1: 10:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Never have I seen such verbose piece of gabbage before. So incoherent and so lacking in rational thought process

Republic of Benin was a name Given to Midwestern region by Biafrans. It was named so because the capital of Midwest was in Benin city, not because it contained only Binis.

There is nothing to deny. The burden of proof lies on the Bini and non Igbo Midwesterners fable tellers including their collaborators to provide the name of the Biafran unit involved in the phantom massacre in Bini. Ndiigbo in Asaba has the name of the commanding military officers and soldiers involved in Asaba massacre.

It doesn't take much to separate truth from lies.

Either way, this Midwestern talk is only a diversion tactics on your part, as it does not in anyway dispel the fact that Yorubas were part and parcel of the Nigerian nation that invaded Biafra, and your talk of neutrality has no rational ground whatsoever.
Dont mind dat Idiot.
He is just typical of average Yoruba man u see.
they Go to kitchen n Cook up their lies n expect Igbos to accept n swallow them
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Eastfield1: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Okonkwo, an Anioma son was appointed the military governor of the Midwestern region renamed Republic of Benin.

I guess the Afonja feel that the Midwestern Igbos are not fit to govern the region, when in fact, Osadebay Dennis was the last democratic leader of the Midwest and he was Igbo too.
oh i see
d same way they feel Ndi Igbo are not fit to govern Nigeria
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 10:55am On Oct 04, 2016
"And no, the Aniocha/Oshimili are no midwsetern than the other folks in the midwest. Their lands are not only poor, infertile but also small! Prior to the Civil war, the midwest actually wanted them to join their folks on the river bank because the midwest fear they will likely betray them which they eventually did BTW!"

Had to filter this out of your verbose piece of garbage and address properly.

Anioma remains the most fertile part of Midwest,her agricultural out put is quite impressive, she also has fertile fishing waters in Ukwuani part, as well as produce a substantial amount of crude oil in today's Delta. Only Itsekiri in Delta has more onshore crude oil reserves than Anioma.
This is in addition to having the highest quality of human resources in the entire defunct Midwestern region.

You are clearly out of your depths here.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Never have I seen such verbose piece of gabbage before. So incoherent and so lacking in rational thought process

Republic of Benin was a name Given to Midwestern region by Biafrans. It was named so because the capital of Midwest was in Benin city, not because it contained only Binis.

There is nothing to deny. The burden of proof lies on the Bini and non Igbo Midwesterners fable tellers including their collaborators to provide the name of the Biafran unit involved in the phantom massacre in Bini. Ndiigbo in Asaba has the name of the commanding military officers and soldiers involved in Asaba massacre.

It doesn't take much to separate truth from lies.

Either way, this Midwestern talk is only a diversion tactics on your part, as it does not in anyway dispel the fact that Yorubas were part and parcel of the Nigerian nation that invaded Biafra, and your talk of neutrality has no rational ground whatsoever.

The governor of the bini was violently removed and your stupid Okonkwo was installed, how is that diplomacy?

The Igho excerpt corroborates Omoigui excerpt as well. Even the British talked about the violent invasion. Hence, we can see who's the liar here!
it's no surprising you would try to deny the fact on the table since we all know no decent human would do such a terrible atrocities except they are animals of which they are but eventually, they had to play the victims when they were treated as the animals they were!

You greedy land grabbing eediots started the wars and we ended it for you, why the victim cry and blame then?

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:07am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:
"And no, the Aniocha/Oshimili are no midwsetern than the other folks in the midwest. Their lands are not only poor, infertile but also small! Prior to the Civil war, the midwest actually wanted them to join their folks on the river bank because the midwest fear they will likely betray them which they eventually did BTW!"

Had to filter this out of your verbose piece of garbage and address properly.

Anioma remains the most fertile part of Midwest,her agricultural out put is quite impressive, she also has fertile fishing waters in Ukwuani part, as well as produce a substantial amount of crude oil in today's Delta. Only Itsekiri in Delta has more onshore crude oil reserves than Anioma.
This is in addition to having the highest quality of human resources in the entire defunct Midwestern region.

You are clearly out of your depths here.

LOL! Anioma is no ethnic!

Anioma was a name put together to create one umbrella for the several ethnics in Delta North.

The Ukwuanis are a ethnic on their own with a distinct language which has several dialects. They are mostly related to the urhobo, Isokos and their language are a mixed of it!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2016
Eastfield1:

which history Book?
does Nigeria have any history Book apart from d one from Ur Bear palour Gossip?
was it after d mid west invation that he was appointed to govern Bini?
i wud have said u hv brain damage
but lies n propaganda is what u Yorubas are known for so i will just ignore U lots n ur inherent lying low life embedded in ur Dna

LOL!
The liar out there is you victim playing cards eediot!
You invaded a region, attack it and rape its women nd forced an ibo governor upon them yet have the audacity to cry foul when you were dealt with? What a clown!

You will always be dealt with either now and till forever, it's karma!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

How did Osadebey Dennis, an eka man becomes an ibo?

You must be smoking some shite weeds or is that your land grabbing tendency rearing its ugly head?
What a Thief!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

The governor of the bini was violently removed and your stupid Okonkwo was installed, how is that diplomacy?

The Igho excerpt corroborates Omoigui excerpt as well. Even the British talked about the violent invasion. Hence, we can see who's the liar here!
it's no surprising you would try to deny the fact on the table since we all know no decent human would do such a terrible atrocities except they are animals of which they are but eventually, they had to play the victims when they were treated as the animals they were!

You greedy land grabbing eediots started the wars and we ended it for you, why the victim cry and blame then?

Still running around in circles with no facts to support your write ups. You bore me.

Ukwuani is more related to Isoko/ Urhobo than to Aniocha/ Oshimili? And speak a language mixed with Isoko/ Urhobo? Lol you are a clown, I have heard it all.

You ended no war, you were a vassal state of the Arewa. A vassal can't lay claim to victory of their overlords.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

How did Osadebey Dennis, an eka man becomes an ibo?

You must be smoking some shite weeds or is that your land grabbing tendency rearing its ugly head?
What a Thief!

You are an ignorant subservient Yoruba man. Osadebey was an Asaba man.

You are but a product of Awolowo failed substandard free education. You can't even get your basics right. grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:36am On Oct 04, 2016
Eastfield1:

Dont mind dat Idiot.
He is just typical of average Yoruba man u see.
they Go to kitchen n Cook up their lies n expect Igbos to accept n swallow them

LOL!

You mean Omoigui and Igho are also Yorubas cooking up lies?
I know you're ashamed of the atrocities your folks committed but denying it shows you're cowards and pathetic liars which is not surprising because you got that from your leader, Ojukwu, who turned into a pathetic transgender on his way to Ivory Coast.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

LOL!

I know you're ashamed of the atrocities your folks committed but denying it shows you're cowards and pathetic liars which is not surprising because you got that from your leader, Ojukwu, who turned into a pathetic transgender on his way to Ivory Coast.

Igho and Omogui are yet to provide the names of Biafran officers or even the units involved in their phantom Biafran atrocities. That's the least we expect Of them to do.

Enu ani people have records of all involved in massacres of their people.

It's a Known fact that Edoids massacred their Midwestern neighbors during the events between 1966-70.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

LOL!

Igho and Omogui are yet to provide the names of Biafran officers or even the units involved in their phantom Biafran atrocities. That's the least we expect Of them to do.

It's a Known fact that Edoids massacred their Igbo Midwestern neighbors during the events between 1966-70.

Awolowo was just like you. A treacherous power hungry lying sludge Who got caught up on his greedy and treacherous power hungry schemes and took the cowards way out like a typical Yoruba coward he was by taken his own life via Otapipia rat poison.
He died like a rat! A real coward that couldn't face the consequences of his actions.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

You are an ignorant subservient Yoruba man. Osadebey was an Asaba man.

You are but a product of Awolowo failed substandard free education. You can't even get your basics right. grin

Whether he's from Asaba or not, it's none of my business! The point is the ibos has no business with the Delta and Binis dealing but no, your land grabbing and greedy tendencies had to rear its ugly head!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

It's a Known fact that Edoids massacred their Igbo Midwestern neighbors during the events between 1966-70.

Which poling units are you talking about? Did Biafra even have any coordinated army or military? LOL!

It's a known fact of which the british knows as well that the Midwest were violently invaded and attacked by bifara. So why are you denying that fact? What a coward!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by T9ksy(m): 11:47am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Am glad that by your own words, you have just admitted that Major Albert Okonkwo was appointed as military governor of the Mid west region- a newly invaded and subjugated region, by Ojukwu himself and as, such answerable only to the ikemba. No wonder that Samuel Ogbemudia led his people in a guerrilla warfare against the biafran occupiers of their ancestral land.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-bendel-girls-battled-biafra-ogbemudia/

I guess it's no point belaboring the FACT that, had Ojukwu's so called secessionist army conquered Lagos, the same fate would have befall the yorubas.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Still running around in circles with no facts to support your write ups. You bore me.

Ukwuani is more related to Isoko/ Urhobo than to Aniocha/ Oshimili? And speak a language mixed with Isoko/ Urhobo? Lol you are a clown, I have heard it all.

You ended no war, you were a vassal state of the Arewa. A vassal can't lay claim to victory of their overlords.

LOL!

Ukwuanis don't even speak ibo and you know that! My kwale bunki at Uniben doesn't even understand the jargons you ibo speak! Try and deny it?

Ibos were our conquered slaves and that''s why you're still crying out in your misery and that you'll ever be! It's karma!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

Whether he's from Asaba or not, it's none of my business! The point is the ibos has no business with the Delta and Binis dealing but no, your land grabbing and greedy tendencies had to rear its ugly head!

Oh! His Origin is no longer Of any concern to you?

Shameless Yoruba liar. You are pathetic. grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Oh! His Origin is no longer Of any concern to you?

Shameless Yoruba liar. You are pathetic. grin

LOL! I'm not from Asaba nor know anyone from there however that doesn't negate my point that ibos are land grabbing greedy thieves!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
T9ksy:

Am glad that by your own words, you have just admitted that Major Albert Okonkwo was appointed as military governor of the Mid west region- a newly invaded and subjugated region, by Ojukwu himself and as, such answerable only to the ikemba. No wonder that Samuel Ogbemudia led his people in a guerrilla warfare against the biafran occupiers of their ancestral land.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/how-bendel-girls-battled-biafra-ogbemudia/

I guess it's no point belaboring the FACT that, had Ojukwu's so called secessionist army conquered Lagos, the same fate would have befall the yorubas.

Was Ejoor elected by the Midwesterners? Was he not also a military administrator.

Are you saying that only non Igbo Midwesterners are entitled to leading Midwest, when in truth we know that it was the Aniomas that were robbed when Osadebey a democratic leader was ousted by the "Khaki boys".

Ogbemudia is a Bini Man and is entitled to his own fables/ stories, but not to his own facts.

What fate would have befell the Yorubas? How does this explain away the fact that for whatever reason Best known to Yorubas, you chose to pitch your tent with your Arewa overlords, and in so doing obliterated any talk of neutrality?
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Was Ejoor elected by the Midwesterners? Was he not also a military administrator.

Are you saying that only non Igbo Midwesterners are entitled to leading Midwest, when in truth we know that it was the Aniomas that were robbed when Osadebey a democratic leader was ousted by the "Khaki boys".

Ogbemudia is a Bini Man and is entitled to his own fables/ stories, but not to his own facts.

What fate would have befell the Yorubas? How does this explain away the fact that for whatever reason Best known to Yorubas, you chose to pitch your tent with your Arewa overlords, and in so doing obliterated any talk of neutrality?

What an eediot! What's ibo business with Midwest dealing? How is it your business with whoever they elected?

What gave you the right to invade and attack that region or even tried to do likewise to Ore?

From your post, it's as clear as daylight that you're nothing but a petty greedy thief!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

LOL!

Ukwuanis don't even speak ibo and you know that! My kwale bunki at Uniben doesn't even understand the jargons you ibo speak! Try and deny it?

Ibos were our conquered slaves and that''s why you're still crying out in your misery and that you'll ever be! It's karma!

Lol! Yes, Ukwuanis speak Yoruba grin my Abbi Friend in kafanchan university told me so. Afonjaic lies are so lacking in imagination.

Nigerians know the conquered slaves of Arewa, those who are still ruled in Ilorin even unto today, those whose brain cells had been wired to defend their Arewa overlords all over the social media and in life. grin
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

What an eediot! What's ibo business with Midwest dealing? How is it your business with whoever they elected?

What gave you the right to invade and attack that region or even tried to do likewise to Ore?

From your post, it's as clear as daylight that you're nothing but a petty greedy thief!

See this npama!! Midwest is a region with an indigenous Igbo group. As a matter of fact, the premier of the region before events escalated was indigenous Igbo. We couldn't have more claim to the region than that and it was still a part of Nigeria that invaded Eastern region.

In consonance with your silly line of thought, what gave Nigeria the right to invade Eastern region? How is it your business if they sought to not co exist with you?
What gave you right to attack a people who upheld their right to self secession?

Is it not clear that Afonjas and their Arewa overlords are crude oil thieves and land grabbers as shown in this pic below?
grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Marcelini:

You can't be neutral if you part of Nigeria, the war was Biafra vs Nigeria.
1.Ademoyega was part of the inner caucus of Nzeogwu coup. The Five majors, that already sends your Yoruba neutrality claim down the trash.

Yorubas were not involved in the progrom, but a Yoruba was part and parcel of the coup and a Yoruba premier died at the hands of the mutineers, Yorubas were right in the thick of the action of things that led to the progrom.
2. Let's not even forget that it was the wild wild west/ Operation wetie and all mayhem taking place in the Western region that set the stage for the coup.

3. Adaka Boro was not an elected official of the Ijaws, the Ijaw leaders in Enugu were not the ones calling for secession, it was hard ascertaining if Boro spoke for the people, only a referendum would have determined that. Boro wasn't asking for referendum, neither was the Ijaw leaders in the Eastern house.
You can't compare Boro movement with that of the Eastern region hat had the total support of the leaders of the Eastern region and the entire ethnicities in the East Ojukwu was also open to referendum to ascertain the people wish which Gowon declined.

Either way, I think Boro issue has no part in this our discussion, you only brought it up for diversion.
If you want to discuss the Boro issue and your perceived hypocrisy of the Easterners, open a thread on that and invite me.

For now, let's stay on topic.

4. It's important because it outlined all parties involved in the fracas. It cancels your Igbo vs North propaganda, and dispels your neutrality stand. There was no neutral sides, there were two sides, the Eastern region and the rest of Nigeria, Yorubas were with the later side.

I'll be brief.
Call my attention to anything you perceive to be a lie.

1.Ademoyega acted on his own.He did not rep. Yoruba.
Mention any of the coupists who indicted Western officers,those they fingered,where & when they agreed to stage a coup with them and not all these turncoats who fought with the Biafran Army the other guy posted.Am expecting it.

2Consolatory blame game.What led to the first coup was the 1965-1966 electoral crises btw the NNA and the UPGA after the latter decided to boycott the elections.
Mind you, the UPGA comprised NCNC and a weak AG(because Awo was in prison).You know the majority in the NCNC.The timeline underpins this point since the first coup took place in 1966.

3.Boro was and remains an hero whether he was an elected official or not is beside the mark.He spoke for the people.I mentioned him because unlike Ojukwu he saw the need for secession not after a counter coup and pogrom.
Did Ojukwu mention Biafra after the coup was successful?When Ironsi promulgated the infamous Decree 34?
But after the counter coup and pogrom,he realised he was in a forced marriage with Nigeria,no?
Not all the ethnicities in the East wanted to be a part of Biafra,neither am I of the Illusion that they enjoy being in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Yes, Ukwuanis speak Yoruba grin my Abbi Friend in kafanchan university told me so. Afonjaic lies are so lacking in imagination.

Nigerians know the conquered slaves of Arewa, those who are still ruled in Ilorin even unto today, those whose brain cells had been wired to defend their Arewa overlords all over the social media and in life. grin

LOL! Whether you like it or not, Ukwuanis don't speak ibo, the word ibo to them means a slave! You can go hit your head on rock at that!

That said, the emir in Ilorin symbolises a part of Yoruba history of how Ilorin became independent from Oyo and got their own governed land with the help of Fulani who were a minority of the dwellers in Ilorin! That's our heritage! It doesn't negate the fact that Ilorin belongs to Yoruba and the majority dwellers in there are Yorubas!

It's like saying Delta is now under Anioma rule because Okowa is the governor! You're so foolish I swear!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by T9ksy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

But Ejoor was a true midwesterner unlike okonkwo who was a midwest ibo and answerable to ojukwu another ibo man.

What's with you ibo and been in charge of other people's affairs? Same way, zik was strategising to be in charge of yoruba affairs even before we got independence. Covetousness is a significant part of your genetic makeup. It's not surprising that only ibos were all for one nigeria prior to the country's independence simply because thaty believe they have the chance to be the new colonialist once the brits had departed from nigeria.

Tell me, what would have been the fate of the yorubas, had ojukwu managed to conquer lagos?

Even without the benefit of any war of conquest, were ibos now not claiming to own a big chunk of lagos-a part of yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

See this npama!! Midwest is a region with an indigenous Igbo group. As a matter of fact, the premier of the region before events escalated was indigenous Igbo. We couldn't have more claim to the region than that and it was still a part of Nigeria that invaded Eastern region.

In consonance with your silly line of thought, what gave Nigeria the right to invade Eastern region? How is it your business if they sought to not co exist with you?
What gave you right to attack a people who upheld their right to self secession?

Is it not clear that Afonjas and their Arewa overlords are crude oil thieves and land grabbers as shown in this pic below?
grin

Don't make laugh! Which crude oil? You mean the SS crude oils? The meagre crude oil in Abia and imo can't even measure to 1/20th of the heavy oil we have in Ilaje! Can you imagine a Land grabbing thief claiming other people lands?

The fact that you tried to make the SS which were also a part of Nigeria to secede with you was our problem as well as your invasion into neutral grounds such as the midwest and Ore! If you had stuck to your gully erosion land-locked red mud regions alone, no one would have disturbed you clowns but no, your land grabbing greedy hands couldn't help itself and we had no option than to cut it off for you!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Real identity

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?

People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/17/514.html
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Real identity

My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?

People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/17/514.html

All this your copy and paste rubbish means nada! That you couldn't differentiate a political jobbers shows you're so stupid! Is that an inherent trait of the ibos?

Also, no one is denying the fact that the Fulanis are one of the minorities in Ilorin however, the majorities are Yoruba!
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Igboid: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Diademk07:

LOL! Whether you like it or not, Ukwuanis don't speak ibo, the word ibo to them means a slave! You can go hit your head on rock at that!

That said, the emir in Ilorin symbolises a part of Yoruba history of how Ilorin became independent from Oyo and got their own governed land with the help of Fulani who were also a minority of the dwellers in Ilorin! That's our heritage! It doesn't negate the fact that Ilorin belongs to Yoruba and the majority dwellers in there are Yorubas!

It's like saying Delta is now under Anioma rule because Okowa is the governor! You're so foolish I swear!

Lol! Emirate is a symbol of Fulani lordship over the Yorubas in Ilorin, it's silly equating it to a democratically elected governor of a state who was elected by his people and answerable to them. Emir of Ilorin is a representative of the Fulani caliphate in Yorubaland, it's a symbol of authority of Fulani lordship and Yoruba subservience.

Futhermore, the Fulanis combine political leadership with traditional leadership, as they now consider Islam part of their tradition, religious institutions and leaders hold the greatest power in their world. Many of the Fulanis in Ilorin today speak Yoruba, just as many of Fulanis rulling Hausaland speak Hausa, it does not make them Yoruba or Hausas, it makes them a savvy minority rulers capable Of grafting themselves into the majority ruled population, to enable them gain acceptance and rule in peace. It's a tested and trusted adaption mechanism of all minority rulers.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Marcelini:

5. I can't be sure of what would have happened to Yorubas, but my projections are antecedent based. The North is yet to give up Kwara, and they believe that infidels can't rule "true muslims", I dont think that stance of their was going to change once they are left in a country with Yorubas.

Considering the population advantage, and geographical proximity they had on Yorubaland, including already established military basis, if I'm a betting man, I know where I would have put my money in case of hostilities between Yoruba and the North Post Biafra, and it's not on Yorubas.

6- In the era in discuss, there was nothing like Niger Delta, what we had was Eastern region, even till today, the Igbo speaking areas of the deep south still has more onshore crude oil than the Ijaw speaking areas, the highest oil producing LGAs in Rivers state today are ONELGA and Oyigbo LGAs. The issue of Igbo denial in these regions was a deliberate post civil war machinations of the FG.
Moreover. Ojukwu was open to UN supervised referendum on the non Igbo parts of Biafra, to determine if they would have rather stayed with Nigeria, but Gowon also declined the request, knowing fully well that they would have chosen Biafra over Nigeria.

The Eastern non Igbo speaking groups were never forced into the Biafran project

5.The West(even the North) back then were never in support of a unitary system of government,so how would the West have been subjugated by population and military strenght?
Also,the West had more qualified personnels to fill in government posts than the North.The North woun't like this;they might have seceded first.

6.There was Niger Delta,bro.The reason why the entire place was under Eastern Region was because the East refused to create Cross-Ogoja-Rivers State.Funny enough, the West was the only region deprived of its minorities with the creation of the MidWest state even though the Minorities Comission of Sir Henry Willink saw no need for such.
Ojukwu was open to referendum on the non-Igbo parts?Proof?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Diademk07: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! Emirate is a symbol of Fulani lordship over the Yorubas in Ilorin, it's silly equating it to a democratically elected governor of a state who was elected by his people and answerable to them. Emir of Ilorin is a representative of the Fulani caliphate in Yorubaland, it's a symbol of authority of Fulani lordship and Yoruba subservience.

Futhermore, the Fulanis combine political leadership with traditional leadership, as they now consider Islam part of their religion. Many of the Fulanis in Ilorin today speak Yoruba, just as many of Fulanis rulling Hausaland speak Hausa, it does not make them Yoruba or Hausas, it makes them a savvy minority rulers capable Of grafting themselves into the majority ruled population, to enable them gain acceptance and rule in peace. It's a tested and trusted adaption mechanism of all minority rulers.

LOL!

Is it only Fulani that's known for their emirate rule, you're so dumb I swear!

Emirate rulership is only in Ilorin for your info and it's a symbol of our historical heritage of how they got their independence from Oyo and became a master of their own! Other parts of Kwara has Oba rulership except for Ilorin! Furthermore, there were no attack on the citizen except for the ruling house when the Emir rule was established in Ilorin compared to how you folks were promptly dealt with in your useless landlocked red mud region! That's how to know who's a slave or not!

It's a waste of time arguing with a dumb head like yours!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Presents N813bn Budget, Nigeria's Biggest Ever State Budget / President Buhari Congratulates Antonio Guterres, New UN Secretary-general / Anambra 10,000-Capacity International Conference Center Construction Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.