Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West (15116 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
Igboid:

But Yorubas allowed Gowon and Northern military complex to headquarter in Lagos and from their launch military attack on Biafra.

You opened up your ports for them to import weapons they would use to annihilate Biafrans.

When Ojukwu sought for Awo help, Awo stated that Yorubaland don't have the power to chase away the Northerners in your region.

So it's alright for Yorubas to harbour Northern military who stay in your land to plot our annihilation while you claim to be powerless against them and treacherously claim neutrality, but it's wrong for Biafrans to try to personally terminate those Northerners who you harboured in your lands?

You can't claim neutrality when you allow someone to stay in your house to shoot at me in my house. The only way you show neutrality is by chasing this my enemy away from your house and if you can't do that like Awo claimed, then you allow me in to come and Chase away the enemy myself.

If you refuse to chase away this enemy, and would go on to protect this enemy by refusing me entry into your house to chase away the enemy myself, then it's obvious you are in alliance with this enemy and your talk of neutrality is at best treacherous.

I don't understand how a logical mind can think this way.

Yorubaland was a part of Nigeria then,and Lagos was the capital of Nigeria.
Are you suggesting that we should have shut the port and airport that belongs to the entire country and not the Yorubas alone?

Biafra,while the war lasted was a sovereign state.Do you expect Yoruba to allow another country to encroach upon and turn their land to a battlefield to prove their neutrality?

The bold in your post is a delibrate misrepresentation of what Awo said.
www.nairaland.com/3102496/pre-biafra-war-obafemi-awolowos-speech .
Also, it's on record that Awo called for the Northern troops occupying the Western Region to be removed,and they were.
How can you say this same person couldn't 'chase away' certain people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SonofDevil: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

LMAO, even the air we breathe in the East was done by the Irish and France. Afonja irrational beings.

So, why did your cursed elders forge this letter against Ojukwu?

To justify your eternal servitude to Hausa-Fulani? grin

You dodge this question tell me the achievements of ojukwu..??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
Aigbofa:

It is even more moronic that an event of such historical importance was "falsely" ascribed to Ojukwu in a book and he didn't try to correct it. Not even a word.
We all know the letter is real and you are not convincing anyone that it is not.

Ojukwu can't always engage you lots when you go about your fabrications, can he? Cos there are like one million of them you have.

Letter is as fake as Yorubas being neutral to the war. You have failed to address the questions raised by Dede1, your defense is to continuously repeat your lies in Hope that it will become true.

What were you expecting? For Ojukwu to be on the media with millions of hordes of Yoruba falsehood sellers arguing 24hours on each of your silly lies?

You go wait tire.

Like Dede1 rightly put:

"It is even more moronic to ask that the body of conjectural crap be analyzed when the letter is a forgery than looking at date when said letter was written. I can not meet you half way on the wrong road".
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

I don't understand how a logical mind can think this way.

Yorubaland was a part of Nigeria then,and Lagos was the capital of Nigeria.
Are you suggesting that we should have shut the port and airport that belongs to the entire country and not the Yorubas alone?

Biafra,while the war lasted was a sovereign state.Do you expect Yoruba to allow another country to encroach upon and turn their land to a battlefield to prove their neutrality?

The bold in your post is a delibrate misrepresentation of what Awo said.
www.nairaland.com/3102496/pre-biafra-war-obafemi-awolowos-speech .
Also, it's on record that Awo called for the Northern troops occupying the Western Region to be removed,and they were.
How can you say this same person couldn't 'chase away' certain people.

The logic is apt. As it demolishes the "neutral" fraud the Yorubas claimed they played in the wars.

No, the military headquarters of Gowon was in Yorubaland, they didn't move.
On the light of that, Yorubas can never claim neutrality. They were part and parcel of the North agenda to invade the East, even if as vassal region to the North.

This is the point Igboid was highlighting. Why exactly its hard for Yorubas to grasp is a subject for another day.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by orimsamsam(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
I just watch the video. The video explained a lot of thing, there many lies concocted by the biafrans which the video exposed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Simeonnwabeks: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
[s]
Real2020:
Afonja are at it again this early morning...doing what they are naturally gifted in; deception! This people are not straight...at all! If you tell them to stand straight; just stand simple straight, they will want to bend, lean forward or backward. Even their cap can't even stand straight, it has to bend sideways.
[/s]

Same crap from the cursed products of baby factory. Loudmouth cannibala that lie here daily. Are you tired of claiming Akwa Ibom? Shameless liar

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

1.The logic is apt. As it demolishes the "neutral" fraud the Yorubas claimed they played in the wars.
2.No, the military headquarters of Gowon was in Yorubaland, they didn't move.
On the light of that, Yorubas can never claim neutrality. They were part and parcel of the North agenda to invade the East, even if as vassal region to the North.
This is the point Igboid was highlighting. Why exactly its hard for Yorubas to grasp is a subject for another day.
I understand that your mind's beffudled by emotions,but try to think clearly for once.
1.If the Yorubas weren't neutral,why was the Ig.. Pogrom limited to the North even though some distinguished Yoruba men were killed in the coup?
How many Igbo civilians were killed in Yorubaland while the war lasted?
Of course,there were Yoruba soldiers in the Nigeria Army and they did their job while the war lasted.Are you trying to say they should have mutinied to show they were neutral,when they are professional soldiers?Will you have fed and clothed them?

2.LOL.My post was about what happened before the war. Read:"The agreement reached at this conference was that a loose confederation of the regions might solve Nigeria's ethnic problems. This agreement was violently opposed by civil servants in Lagos. Awolowo, the leader of the western region demanded the removal of all northern troops in the west, and threatened to leave the federation if the east did so first. The FMG subsequently removed northern troops from the west."
Source-http://www1.american.edu/ted/ice/biafra.htm .
And the Supereme Military Headquarters was in Lagos because it was the capital,and Nigeria was under a Federal Military Government.
The belligerents of the Biafra War were Britain(for the fear of other colonised African states following suit if Biafra succeded),the North(to revenge the killings of its military men and because of the oil wealth in the ND),and Biafra(you know why).
Tell me what could have motivated the West to join the war?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

I understand that your mind's beffudled by emotions,but try to think clearly for once.
1.If the Yorubas weren't neutral,why was the Ig.. Pogrom limited to the North even though some distinguished Yoruba men were killed in the coup?
How many Igbo civilians were killed in Yorubaland while the war lasted?
Of course,there were Yoruba soldiers in the Nigeria Army and they did their job while the war lasted.Are you trying to say they should have mutinied to show they were neutral,when they are professional soldiers?Will you have fed and clothed them?

2.LOL.My post was about what happened before the war. Read:"The agreement reached at this conference was that a loose confederation of the regions might solve Nigeria's ethnic problems. This agreement was violently opposed by civil servants in Lagos. Awolowo, the leader of the western region demanded the removal of all northern troops in the west, and threatened to leave the federation if the east did so first. The FMG subsequently removed northern troops from the west."
Source-http://www1.american.edu/ted/ice/biafra.htm .
And the Supereme Military Headquarters was in Lagos because it was the capital,and Nigeria was under a Federal Military Government.
The belligerents of the Biafra War were Britain(for the fear of other colonised African states following suit if Biafra succeded),the North(to revenge the killings of its military men and because of the oil wealth in the ND),and Biafra(you know why).
Tell me what could have motivated the West to join the war?

This whole argument is getting tiring.

The Northern military was stationed in Yorubaland, they stayed in Yoruba to plot invasion of Biafra.
Yoruba was part and parcel of Nigeria.

How can Yorubas claim neutrality, if they wouldn't order the North out of Yorubaland?

You are the one whose posts are clouded by emotions rather than rationality.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

This whole argument is getting tiring.

1-The Northern military was stationed in Yorubaland, they stayed in Yoruba to plot invasion of Biafra.
Yoruba was part and parcel of Nigeria.

2-How can Yorubas claim neutrality, if they wouldn't order the North out of Yorubaland?

You are the one whose posts are clouded by emotions rather than rationality.
1-They stayed in Yorubaland because Yorubaland was part of Nigeria,and the capital of the country was situated there.
You make it sound like Yorubaland was an independent nation.

2-How could they have ordered the North out when both of them belonged to the same country?

Seriously,I know how you and your people feel.But try to keep an open mind,and don't be too quick to point fingers at others for some mistakes that happened in the past.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

1-They stayed in Yorubaland because Yorubaland was part of Nigeria,and the capital of the country was situated there.

2-How could they have ordered the North out when both of them belonged to the same country?

Seriously,I know how you and your people feel.But try to keep an open mind,and don't be too quick to point fingers at others for some mistakes that happened in the past.

In the light of number 1, how can Yorubas claim neutrality in the war?

The war was Biafra vs Nigeria, and Yorubas were with Nigeria all through. How can we reconcile that with the Yoruba neutrality doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by obiageIi(f): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
(iv) Biafran troops will, after the
liberation of the Yorubaland, remain
in that territory only for as long as
we in Biafra consider it necessary for
the Yorubas to consolidate their
position and sovereignty against any
external threat.

What did this guy smoke? How do you insult people you need more than they need you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

In the light of number 1, how can Yorubas claim neutrality in the war?
The war was Biafra vs Nigeria, and Yorubas were with Nigeria all through. How can we reconcile that with the Yoruba neutrality doctrine?
Read:"The Nigerian government launched a "police action" to retake the secessionist territory. The war began on July 6, 1967 when Nigerian Federal troops advanced in two columns into Biafra. Nigeria's army offensive was through the north of Biafra led by Col. Shuwa and designated as 1 division. The division was made up of mostly northern officers. The right-hand Nigerian column advanced on the town of Nsukka which fell on July 14, while the left-hand column made for Garkem, which was captured on July 12. At this stage of the war, other regions of Nigeria (the West and Mid-West) still considered the war as a confrontation between the north (notable Hausas) and the east (notable Igbos).

Then,

" Recruitment into the Nigeria Army increased with Biafra's offensive to the west mostly among other southern ethnics especially Yoruba and Edo people. Four battalions of the Nigerian 2nd Infantry Division were needed to drive the Biafrans back and eliminate their territorial gains made during the offensive. But the Nigerians were repulsed three times and lost thousands of troops as they tried to cross the Niger during October."
Source- http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Nigerian_Civil_War
Do you get the drift?
Yorubas had no genocidal intention towards the Igbos; we acted in self-defense.
Even during the civil war, most Igbos in the West were not harassed(apart from few cases in Lagos).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Olabestonic001(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

How exactly could Nigerians have won the war easily, if the British were not giving them unrestricted weapon supply, in addition to the British hiring Egyptians to do air strikes for them against Biafran civilians in market places, homes and hospitals, in attempt to force Biafran soldiers into submission?

If with unrestricted British support and even USSR support, Nigeria still lost more soldiers than Biafrans, almost 3 times the number of soldiers as Biafrans and still hard to fight for 3 Years to end the war, how exactly can your whacked brain come up with the idea of Nigeria winning the war without British help?

Biafra only got little( not little, not full scale and unrestricted as Nigeria got from British) support from France at the early part of the war, France would withdraw totally by the second year into the war, and Biafr. had to fend for herself.

Ojukwu boasted Of having the strongest Army in black Africa, and he was right. Without the interference of the Caucasian powers( unrestricted support from British and USSR) to Nigeria for entire duration of the war, and meagre support from the French to Biafran only at the early part of the war campaign, Biafrans would have over ran Nigerians in a matter of days.

This is one of you guys greatest problem.
You just like running mouths like tap water. Either Nigeria with the help of British and USSR or whatever, Biafra lost that war! O, you thought wars are fought by men of platitudes? No sir! Wars are always dirty with a lot of factors in it. Wars are not even won by believes or determination. They are won by ammunitions and heavy arsenals. How you get that is no one's ish. In the long run, all is fair in war. Kindly, don't quote one foolish UN's creeds for me sir. As long as you're in the good books of US, UN ain't do nothing to you even if you commit genocides.
Ojukwu lost that war because he thought war is won by sheer determination. He should have heeded to Awo, who warned him that he was too young to understand war. War no be joke. Factors that can make you loose is more than all youre latching on to.
When Kanu was running his mouth and all of you were hailing him, I was just pitying the poor guy. You guys used to think determination is everything, right? Sorry sir, politics in dealing trumps guts. Guts will make you gain admirations, political maneuvering will help you always wriggle out of your ways. Ojukwu was simply too "gutty" for any world powers to support his ambitions. He would simply have done a "Fidel Castro" on them, hence why none could have support one whose ambition does not protect my interest. The Yoruba's would NEVER support a Biafra till you can tell them their gains. And conversely, they'll always go against Biafra because its actualisation does not take into consideration their own interests too.
Run all the mouths you can, till a Yorubaman knows how Biafra will also help his life, he'll openly, subtly or passively always go against Biafra.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Read:"The Nigerian government launched a "police action" to retake the secessionist territory. The war began on July 6, 1967 when Nigerian Federal troops advanced in two columns into Biafra. Nigeria's army offensive was through the north of Biafra led by Col. Shuwa and designated as 1 division. The division was made up of mostly northern officers. The right-hand Nigerian column advanced on the town of Nsukka which fell on July 14, while the left-hand column made for Garkem, which was captured on July 12. At this stage of the war, other regions of Nigeria (the West and Mid-West) still considered the war as a confrontation between the north (notable Hausas) and the east (notable Igbos).

Then,

" Recruitment into the Nigeria Army increased with Biafra's offensive to the west mostly among other southern ethnics especially Yoruba and Edo people. Four battalions of the Nigerian 2nd Infantry Division were needed to drive the Biafrans back and eliminate their territorial gains made during the offensive. But the Nigerians were repulsed three times and lost thousands of troops as they tried to cross the Niger during October."
Source- http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Nigerian_Civil_War
Do you get the drift?
Yorubas had no genocidal intention towards the Igbos; we acted in self-defense.
Even during the civil war, most Igbos in the West were not harassed(apart from few cases in Lagos).

What are you on about? Yorubaland was part and parcel of Nigeria, and your land hosted the headquarters of the Nigerian military from where plans to invade Biafra was hatched.

How more simply can this be made?

The war was Biafra vs Nigeria, not Igbo vs North. Yorubaland was part and parcel of Nigeria.

The Nigerian delegate that came to Aburi for Dialogue with Biafra had Yorubas amongst them.

As of the Nigerian military composition, Yoruba were never much into the Nigerian military, until it dawned on the Nigerian military that they would need more soldiers and they started recruiting Yoruba, Edo and Edoids into the army.

Yoruba was part and parcel of plans to invade Biafra from the word go, as the very plan to do that was hatched in Yorubaland by the Nigerian military.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Emilokoiyawon: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
cool grin grin grin grin grin Ojukwu the shameless land grabber - he though he was smart. grin grin grin grin grin cool

What a patronizing tone from the shameless coward Ojukwu.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Alexbrain(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:
Ojukwu is a total failure
Nnamdi kanu is a disaster
Igbos are calamity
There followers are epidemic
YOU be disgrace and disaster to where you come from.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Olabestonic001:

This is one of you guys greatest problem.
You just like running mouths like tap water. Either Nigeria with the help of British and USSR or whatever, Biafra lost that war! O, you thought wars are fought by men of platitudes? No sir! Wars are always dirty with a lot of factors in it. Wars are not even won by believes or determination. They are won by ammunitions and heavy arsenals. How you get that is no one's ish. In the long run, all is fair in war. Kindly, don't quote one foolish UN's creeds for me sir. As long as you're in the good books of US, UN ain't do nothing to you even if you commit genocides.
Ojukwu lost that war because he thought war is won by sheer determination. He should have heeded to Awo, who warned him that he was too young to understand war. War no be joke. Factors that can make you loose is more than all youre latching on to.
When Kanu was running his mouth and all of you were hailing him, I was just pitying the poor guy. You guys used to think determination is everything, right? Sorry sir, politics in dealing trumps guts. Guts will make you gain admirations, political maneuvering will help you always wriggle out of your ways. Ojukwu was simply too "gutty" for any world powers to support his ambitions. He would simply have done a "Fidel Castro" on them, hence why none could have support one whose ambition does not protect my interest. The Yoruba's would NEVER support a Biafra till you can tell them their gains. And conversely, they'll always go against Biafra because its actualisation does not take into consideration their own interests too.
Run all the mouths you can, till a Yorubaman knows how Biafra will also help his life, he'll openly, subtly or passively always go against Biafra.

The idea of a indigenous African nation seeking to recreate the colonial borders was not going to be tolerated by the colonial powers, as it will lead to cascade of agitations by many other Indigenous African groups who would challenge the colonial created borders made strictly for exploitation of the indigenous people.

Biafra if allowed to stand would set a precedence, and that was why you had the British supporting Nigeria, and France was threatened by British to stand down or risk having its own colonial slave camps called countries destabilized by Britain.

It had nothing to do with Ojukwu attitude. Ojukwu was far more educated than the entire Nigerian delegates at Aburi, which had Yoruba, Edo, Hausa and Fulani and Urhobo reps, he was also much more educated and more civilized, if British were looking for a civilized and progressive fellow and side to back , it would have been Ojukwu and Biafra, unfortunately the British were looking for slaves, cerebrally inferior side, more subservient to their exploitation to back, and the Nigerian side met the criteria, Ojukwu never for once exhibited tyrant Behavior throughout his leadership of Biafra, he was loved by most of Biafrans. It's as simple as that.

As for the Rest of your rambling, I don't think they deserve reply.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by gidgiddy: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

So, since Yorubaland land was part and parcel of Nigeria, why do Yorubas complain that Ojukwu invaded Ore? It was the Nigerian/Biafran was wasn't it?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Emilokoiyawon: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
jneutron4000:
i don't need to argue much with you I will just share you a video link so you could learn and stop talking as if you were there and actually knew what happened https://www.facebook.com/theafricaarchive/videos/832506310183787/

cool Thanks. This is a MUST WATCH - Chest beating Ibos had to employ mercenaries to fight their battles. cool

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
gidgiddy:

So, since Yorubaland land was part and parcel of Nigeria, why do Yorubas complain that Ojukwu invaded Ore? It was the Nigerian/Biafran was wasn't it?
Before Nigeria wasn't there Yoruba?
Protection of Yorubaland comes first before Nigeria.QED.
It was between Biafra and Nigeria,but there are different ethnic groups in Nigeria.And he knew those he was tangling with.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by SaffronSpice: 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Marcelini:

What are you on about? 1.Yorubaland was part and parcel of Nigeria, and your land hosted the headquarters of the Nigerian military from where plans to invade Biafra was hatched.
How more simply can this be made?
2.The war was Biafra vs Nigeria, not Igbo vs North. Yorubaland was part and parcel of Nigeria.
3.The Nigerian delegate that came to Aburi for Dialogue with Biafra had Yorubas amongst them.
As of the Nigerian military composition, Yoruba were never much into the Nigerian military,
until it dawned on the Nigerian military that they would need more soldiers and they started recruiting Yoruba, Edo and Edoids into the army.
4.Yoruba was part and parcel of plans to invade Biafra from the word go, as the very plan to do that was hatched in Yorubaland by the Nigerian military.

Am about removing the scales from your eyes.

1.The Nigeria Army has division sector HQs all over the country.
There's one in Enugu.What's new about that?

2.Nigeria comprises a lot of ethnic groups,no?
Were all of them involved in the ugly pogrom?
So why can't you face those you have a score to settle with?

3The Aburi Accord was held before Biafra was declared a sovereign state.It was not an agreement between Nigeria and Biafra.

The bold is a repugant lie you people are fond of chorusing .
What do you mean by there were not much Yorubas in the military?
Where is your proof?Back up your claim.

4.I asked you earlier: What do Yoruba stand to gain from fighhting Biafra.Answer me.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by 90xtr93r: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

3The Aburi Accord was held before Biafra was declared a sovereign state.It was not an agreement between Nigeria and Biafra.

4.I asked you earlier: What do Yoruba stand to gain from fighhting Biafra.Answer me.

You and your fellow Yorubas should own up to your treacherous ways and stop making a living out of Igbos quest for nationhood. It's pathetic to see you lots rant carelessly on every available media page just because you dread the mere mention of Biaf... or NK.

You're asking what Yorubas stand to gain from their campaigns of calumny against Igbos/IPOB and yet Yoruba media and propagandists are out there, day in, day out fabricating wicked lies to have Igbos stay put with them in this contraption.

Igbos don't need the Yorubas for anything and yet Yorubas keep concocting c0ck and bull stories to justify why Igbos should share a country with them.

Give up the silly concoctions already and simply channel your energies towards consolidating OduaArewanistan republic.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2016
SaffronSpice:

1. The moment we had Biafra, there ceased to be a Nigerian division in Enugu as they were are sent home with their weapon by Ojukwu.
If there was a Nigerian division in Yorubaland before the start of hostilities, it simply meant that Yoruba was part and parcel of Nigeria, and so can't feign neutrality.

2. All of them were not involved in the pogrom, but all of them were involved in the war to deny the Biafrans freedom as part and parcel of Nigeria.

3. Point taken. Which also means that the dispute was between the Eastern region that later transformed into Biafra and the rest of Nigeria, and not an Igbo vs North issue, cos if it was so, Eastern region delegates to the meeting won't have Eastern non Igbo groups in attendance and the Nigerian delegates won't have Yoruba, Bini, Urhobo, etc persons in attendance.

4. -If Biafra was allowed to secede, the Yorubas would have been trapped in a master- slave union with the North, one in which the North by her sheer population and power will rule forever whether via democracy or autocracy.

-Yorubas couldn't bear the thought of the Eastern region departing with the humongous crude oil wealth without them having a share in it. This in itself was a motivating factor that the Hausa- Fulani dangled as a carrot in front of Yorubas.

- Awo was an ambitions Man like Zik, who had visions of one day ruling Nigeria. He would rather have Nigeria intact than a divided one. His earlier frustration with Nigeria was all because he was forced to play third fiddle, once Gowon and the North promised to give him more power, he was more than happy to play along with their plans and even offered more treacherous demonic advices to them to end the war faster.
- You can aswell ask me what Yorubas stand to gain from fighting Biafra now, cause right from the day's of Uwazururike, the most visible group in social and print media, opposing Biafra, making mockery of the movement, giving us unsolicited advises on why we should stay part of Nigeria, are Yorubas.
So I ask you, why are Yorubas still fighting Biafra till today. A Yoruba man opened this thread with this Yoruba letter that was forged by shameless Yoruba elders just to gather negative comments against Biafra.

WHY ARE YORUBAS STILL FIGHTING BIAFRA TODAY.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by honeychild(f): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2016
solok:
LETTER FROM LT.COL. OJUKWU TO LT. COL.BANJO

I, as the Commander in Chief of the Biafran Armed Forces, have decided to place at your disposal Biafran forces, for the liberation of

Yorubaland on the following clear conditions:-

(

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory [/b]only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary [b][/b]for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, [b][/b]all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.[b]

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the [/b]government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory[b]. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

signed Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces.

culled from " A Break in the Silence : Lt. Col. Victor Adebukunola Banjo, pp.66-68, by F. Adetowun Ogunsheye, Spectrum Books, Ibadan, 2001" . Provided by Prof. Olufemi Ojo.

Hmmmm Biafrans the liberators of Africa and the developers of the world! Thank you very much, we didn't need this kind of "liberation"!
After they will say "Afonjas are trickish".

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2016
honeychild:

Hmmmm Biafrans the liberators of Africa and the developers of the world! Thank you very much, we didn't need this kind of "liberation"!

Go and sit down madam. No Biafran wrote such letter. It was your shameless treacherous Yoruba elders that forged that letter to make peace with their acceptance of eternal servitude to the Gambari throne in Sokoto.

Keep Ndiigbo out of your hallucinations.
Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by honeychild(f): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2016
Marcelini:

Go and sit down madam. No Biafran wrote such letter. It was your shameless treacherous Yoruba elders that forged that letter to make peace with their acceptance of eternal servitude to the Gambari throne in Sokoto.

Keep Ndiigbo out of your hallucinations.

You know the letter was not forged. The letter was published in a book while Ojukwu was still alive. It was widely distributed on social media while he was still alive. At least once even in a one line commentary, he should have denied it. He didn't. So it was true.

Liberators of the universe grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by Marcelini(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2016
honeychild:

You know the letter was not forged. The letter was published in a book while Ojukwu was still alive. It was widely distributed on social media while he was still alive. At least once even in a one line commentary, he should have denied it. He didn't. So it was true.

Liberators of the universe grin grin grin grin

Do you know how many falsehoods against Ojukwu and Biafra you shameless Yoruba people have published in books and circulated in social media?
Thousands!

You must think Ojukwu a stupid man to start engaging you non entities on your unending lies, the best answer to fools is silence.

If Banjo was alive and was the one who circulated the letter claiming that Ojukwu gave him such orders, then it's right that Ojukwu come out and put things right. But when a bunch of Yoruba non entities do what they were genetically wired to do Best, which is circulation of falsehoods, Ojukwu would be a stupid man to engage them.

We say in Igbo: " Onye Ana ekiri ekiri ada egwu aja!

And like Dede1 rightly pointed out:

" I can't meet you half way the wrong road".

I understand why believing in your falsehoods is appealing to you, it's in your genes as a Yoruba, so I wouldn't deny you that pleasure of believing in them. But I will be sure to let the world know that it's falsehood.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by mightyhazell: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2016
Igboid:

But Yorubas allowed Gowon and Northern military complex to headquarter in Lagos and from their launch military attack on Biafra.

You opened up your ports for them to import weapons they would use to annihilate Biafrans.

When Ojukwu sought for Awo help, Awo stated that Yorubaland don't have the power to chase away the Northerners in your region.

So it's alright for Yorubas to harbour Northern military who stay in your land to plot our annihilation while you claim to be powerless against them and treacherously claim neutrality, but it's wrong for Biafrans to try to personally terminate those Northerners who you harboured in your lands?

You can't claim neutrality when you allow someone to stay in your house to shoot at me in my house. The only way you show neutrality is by chasing this my enemy away from your house and if you can't do that like Awo claimed, then you allow me in to come and Chase away the enemy myself.

If you refuse to chase away this enemy, and would go on to protect this enemy by refusing me entry into your house to chase away the enemy myself, then it's obvious you are in alliance with this enemy and your talk of neutrality is at best treacherous.

v brainy submission! Reminds me of one ikechu1 on this forum,...perchance u knw him?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by T9ksy(m): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2016
honeychild:

Abi o!!! Especially as we have now witnessed how biafrans "liberated" the mid-west region and imposed a delta-ibo on the people.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by honeychild(f): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2016
Marcelini:

Do you know how many falsehoods against Ojukwu and Biafra you shameless Yoruba people have published in books and circulated in social media?
Thousands!

You must think Ojukwu a stupid man to start engaging you non entities on your unending lies, the best answer to fools is silence.

If Banjo was alive and was the one who circulated the letter claiming that Ojukwu gave him such orders, then it's right that Ojukwu come out and put things right. But when a bunch of Yoruba non entities do what they were genetically wired to do Best, which is circulation of falsehoods, Ojukwu would be a stupid man to engage them.

We say in Igbo: " Onye Ana ekiri ekiri ada egwu aja!

And like Dede1 rightly pointed out:

" I can't meet you half way the wrong road".

I understand why believing in your falsehoods is appealing to you, it's in your genes as a Yoruba, so I wouldn't deny you that pleasure of believing in them. But I will be sure to let the world know that it's falsehood.
grin grin grin just as Land grabbing is in your DNA. You want to liberate Lagos grin grin grin
No be today Lagos don dey hunger una

World liberators grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo - Biafra Offer Of Help To West by obaaderemi: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
Marcelini:

Which military plans? There was no such letter as the above written by Ojukwu.

The letter is Yorubas own way of trying to make peace with themselves for accepting eternal servitude to North.

The letter was forged, just as the Fajuyi story was forged. You lots just know no shame.
Go and read iyayi,s 'heroes.'u will know how evil the biafrans are and that they were no different from the nigerian army.ogbemudia wrote in his book,the price of freedom,on how the biafran forces in the midwest were oppressing pple,raping and killing.in banjo,s benin broadcast he called the biafran forces a liberating and not an occupying force.the ibos got angry because they wanted to subjugate the midwestern pple.he was briefly imprisoned.the midwesterners fought brutally against the ibos in that war to the extent that even the yorubas and northern officers were afraid.they still seized ibo properties after the war.read that letter again,ojukwu was just another megalomaniac.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Denies Reports That His Twitter Account Was Suspended / SUN AWARDS"I Don't Have Any Political Ambition, Disregard Rumours - Ken Ifekudu. / N3bn Pension Scam: We Bribed Senate Committee In Dollars — Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.