Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips (1979 Views)

5 Ways To Gain A Job Experience Before Your First Job / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / Seven Social Media Hacks Graduates Can Use To Land Their First Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Toluwani113: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
I'll be glad if you can give me the tips
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by soberdrunk(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Stay sharp, talk smart, be confident but not "too" confident, listen well and understand all questions before you answer, dont show signs of desperation, make them understand that although you need the job, the organization needs you too. Goodluck! When you get the job come back and buy me gulder...... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Toluwani113: 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
soberdrunk:
Stay sharp, talk smart, be confident but not "too" confident, listen well and understand all questions before you answer, dont show signs of desperation, make them understand that although you need the job, the organization needs you too. Goodluck! When you get the job come back and buy me gulder...... grin grin

Thanks a lot
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2016
You'll find everything you need at www.patrickokunima.com. Thank me later.
Toluwani113:
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by onward4life(m): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toluwani113:

MAY WE MEET YOU...?
Try to to over Come this question and the Job is almost yours!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Toluwani113: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
onward4life:

MAY WE MEET YOU...?
Please how will I answer that ?
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Mologi(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
go there and them with grammar...
advice number 1.....
expect 2 wen u get the job
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
When it comes to answering HR questions, there is only one assured way of answering them and that is ; let everything you say revolve around your set of skills and what you are bringing to the table. All other things will follow Suite

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
onward4life:

MAY WE MEET YOU...?
I beg to disagree on this one. "May we meet you" is being taken seriously because it always an opener in every job interview and it has the tendency of setting people off balance. I can unequivocally argue that questions like " why should we hire you", " Where do you see yourself in 5years ", " if we hire you, what are you bringing to the table "are equally important.
All those questions revolve around your skills as much as" may we meet you "
To me, every question present you an opportunity to sell yourself and further reiterate what you are bringing to the table.
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Toluwani113: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSlyone2:

I beg to disagree on this one. "May we meet you" is being taken seriously because it always an opener in every job interview and it has the tendency of setting people off balance. I can unequivocally argue that questions like " why should we hire you", " Where do you see yourself in 5years ", " if we hire you, what are you bringing to the table "are equally important.
To me, every question present you an opportunity to sell yourself and further reiterate what you are bringing to the table.

Please tell me more
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toluwani113:

Please tell me more
Experience they say is the best teacher. It your first interview, just go there with the aim of learning. The more interview you attend, the better you become over time. I remember how messed up I was during my first two interviews but I've learned directly or indirectly from them. You have a lot to teach Yourself and that won't happen to attend series of interviews.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by onward4life(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
TheSlyone2:

Oga God bless you

I was expecting this perfect reply, I had issue with dis question. It looks easy, but the day I was asked in an interview I even forgot the route to the venue with my Name.
See its like a rap verse the very first line is the hardest.
If you are able to light off properly they would even break their next questions technically..
Pls agree with my perspective
Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by onward4life(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toluwani113:

Please how will I answer that ?

Tolu if u must make calls now is the time or u asked Sly assisting this trend.

I dey fear this small question like nuclear warhead abeg.
If you even get d answer I wud learn.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by petengine(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toluwani113:

Hi Toluwani, good to know that you will be having your first interview tomorrow. you can visit www.ansacareers.com for interview tips that can help you win the job.

Do you know asking for the job is another crucial strategy to getting your dream job?

“Ask and you shall receive.” Although this may work in particular circumstances relative to religious requests, it is not quite that easy in the interview process. (Although before a job interview. it is not a bad idea to pray for success.) When you look at successful people, many will openly tell you that they are aggressive and go after what they want. One way to go after what you want is to ask for what you want. This is the principle here. Ask for the job during your interview tomorrow! – best job interview tips you can ever get.

To learn more about how to ask for the Job during an Interview visit: Asking for the Job during an Interview – Best strategy to getting a job.

And remember to Download FREE 60 Great Interview Questions to Ask During an Interview

Good Luck!
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by jamebex(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
Some great guys have said a lot on here already but i feel compelled to chime in a little. Just as soberdrunk has stated, just stay calm and confident throughout the process, answer each question thrown at you as intelligent as possible and always try to relate it with how that will be beneficial to them.
Concerning the "can we meet you" question, do your best to prepare ahead for this question as this puts you in charge of the interview. Like someone has earlier pointed out, answer this question excellently and you have already put yourself in a very good position.

PLEASE WHAT AM ABOUT TO SAY NOW MIGHT BE THE FINAL DECIDING FACTOR PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE SMILE THROUGHOUT THE INTERVIEW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by kolaish(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Toluwani113:
SAY THE GRACE BEFORE U ENTER THE INTERVIEW HALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by nmreports: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
@ Toluwani113

Like someone said above, when you are able to answer the "May we meet you" question, the job is half yours. This is absolutely correct.

Like the other guy also said, every question is unique in itself and it presents an opportunity to show them your values, your passion, if need be, your skills and experience.

WHEN THEY SAY MAY WE MEET YOU, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SHUT THE INTERVIEW DOWN WITH YOUR KILLER RESPONSE.

Stay sharp, act right, talk smart.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Neroski(f): 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Always maintain Eye Contact!!!

1 Like

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by sholay2011(m): 1:01am On Sep 26, 2016
Neroski:
This.

@OP....Also, sit right; try as much as possible to articulate clearly during the process. And always beam that thin smile no matter how good (or bad) the interview process is going.
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 26, 2016
Get a standing mirror and rehearse very well.
Look straight into their eyes and talk. You will be fine.
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Toluwani113: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2016
soberdrunk:

desiigner:
Neroski:
nmreports:
@ Toluwani113
Like someone said above, when you are able to answer the "May we meet you" question, the job is half yours. This is absolutely correct.
Like the other guy also said, every question is unique in itself and it presents an opportunity to show them your values, your passion, if need be, your skills and experience.
WHEN THEY SAY MAY WE MEET YOU, YOU CAN ACTUALLY SHUT THE INTERVIEW DOWN WITH YOUR KILLER RESPONSE.
Stay sharp, act right, talk smart.
Read this short article I wrote on interview success: https://hrprocessblog..co.id/2016/08/why-should-we-hire-you-simple-guide.html?m=1
You could browse their for other tips.
petengine:

Hi Toluwani, good to know that you will be having your first interview tomorrow. you can visit www.ansacareers.com for interview tips that can help you win the job.
Do you know asking for the job is another crucial strategy to getting your dream job?
“Ask and you shall receive.” Although this may work in particular circumstances relative to religious requests, it is not quite that easy in the interview process. (Although before a job interview. it is not a bad idea to pray for success.) When you look at successful people, many will openly tell you that they are aggressive and go after what they want. One way to go after what you want is to ask for what you want. This is the principle here. Ask for the job during your interview tomorrow! – best job interview tips you can ever get.
To learn more about how to ask for the Job during an Interview visit: Asking for the Job during an Interview – Best strategy to getting a job.
And remember to Download FREE 60 Great Interview Questions to Ask During an Interview
Good Luck!

Thanks for your interest in this thread, please i applied for vacancy as an IT student in a company since last year, but I got no response from them until 2 days ago that I should come for interview yesterday.

After getting to the company, i was told to write a test, and finally I was led to the interview room.

Today, I received a call from them that I should bring my Original ND Result by 12 noon.

The main problem now is that I obtained both Poly HND Form & OAU Admission Form but if OAU admits me, they'll resume by next year (probably August)
IF polytechnic admits me, they'll resume in November this year.

Now, should I go for the job or wait for admission list.

Thanks
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by UjSizzle(f): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thanks for your interest in this thread, please i applied for vacancy as an IT student in a company since last year, but I got no response from them until 2 days ago that I should come for interview yesterday.

After getting to the company, i was told to write a test, and finally I was led to the interview room.

Today, I received a call from them that I should bring my Original ND Result by 12 noon.

The main problem now is that I obtained both Poly HND Form & OAU Admission Form but if OAU admits me, they'll resume by next year (probably August)

Thanks
Your prospect for admission is still inconclusive. I think you should take the job while it's available.
Most companies place you under probation in the first few weeks/months, so going away to pursue academics shouldn't be dicey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
desiigner:
Re: Tomorrow Is My First Job Interview Ever, Please Give Me Expert Tips by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thanks
Well, in my opinion I will suggest you go for the job and get some experience, I don't think HND admission is that difficult, you can also be running part-time HND or BSc while still at your job, jobso are scarce for naija and experience really counts, the experience you will get at the job will be very helpful to you, don't miss the chance!
Goodluck buddy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Banks Thant Employ Hnd Holders In Nigeria / Problem With Nafdac Recruitment / List of NECO Marking Centres?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.