Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin (7182 Views)

PINE Fraud: Why I Will Not Appear Before The Senate - SGF / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by deantimes(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
OUST former Chairman of the House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin has said he will not appear before the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges.

Jibrin who is expected to have his day before the committee on Monday told journalist in Abuja on Sunday that he will not honour the committee’s invitation.

CNPP Rejects Reps’ Probe Of Jibrin, Insists On Independent Investigation

Meanwhile, the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has rejected the move by the House of Representatives to probe Hon. Abdulmumi Jibrin over his efforts at exposing budget fraud in House, reiterating its call for independent investigation into the allegations “rather than engaging in the persecution of the whistleblower.”

Speaker Hon. Yakubu Dogara and other principal officers of the House of Representatives were named in a budget padding and abuse of office allegations by Hon. Jibrin.

CNPP in a statement signed by its Secretary General, Chief Willy Ezugwu described Jibrin’s probe by the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges as “a witch hunt and harassment of whistleblowers to the detriment of the ongoing war against corruption by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration”.

“The CNPP insists that the Speaker and the fingered principal officers of the House must step aside until they are properly investigated as they cannot be the Judge in their own case and yet lay claim to equity.

“For us, the probe of Hon. Jibrin by Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House, with an obvious predetermined script to suspend him, is nothing but a blackmail by the hunted hunting the hunter in a bid to cover up a gross allegation made by the lawmaker.

“How can the war against corruption succeed when the principal leadership of the House of Representatives noticeably pays lip service to the anti-corruption drive by the Buhari government?

“Rather than embark on the probe, the House would have compelled the Speaker and the principal officers named by Hon. Jibrin to submit themselves to an independent probe panel comprising of relevant security agencies and if cleared, they can sanction the lawmaker for false allegation. Is this not what is most reasonable to do by the House?

“What is it that the Speaker and the principal officers are afraid of? Why are they quick to probe the allegation by some members who claimed their reputation has been damaged by Hon. Jibrin’s allegations, when the allegations have not been investigated and found to be untrue? What is it that the Speaker and his co-accused are struggling to hide from Nigerians?”, the CNPP asked.

“We, therefore, call on the Speaker to immediately disband his probe committee and submit themselves first to an independent investigative panel for open probe of the allegations against them. It is only then can any probe of Hon. Jibrin may be acceptable to well meaning Nigerians.

“If the House is truly concerned about its image, clearing the abuse of office and budget fraud allegation against its Speaker and other principal leaders should be more troubling to them at this time”, the CNPP said.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/i-will-not-appear-before-panel-jibrin/

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Tofumdol(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Nigeria is a joke. May GOD deliver us. Let the drama continue.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Harkindeylee(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Arrogancy at itz peak.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Mynd44: 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by gaddafe(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Kai na wa o!

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where rich men are above the law

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Icecomrade: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2016

Why do people celebrate this Abdul Jibrin of a man?

I still remember him admitting to taking 650m illegal allowances.

This guy is fraud himself and wonder how he parades himself around because he was stripped of leadership role.

He has already admitted to fraudulent practices. He is supposed to be behind bars. Even if he will later turn to prosecution witness.

This is what obtains in a sane country.

All of these will turn to nothing.

They just waste our time. I am even wondering why I burn my energy typing any reaction to this charade.

23 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Jediel1(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2016
Can u imagine sad. He shld try dis in North Korea na, make tunda bleach him generation grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Moreoffaith(m): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2016
All of them need to resign cos they fail woefully, did we vote them to act drama or move this country forward? Next time we ask every candidate their hobbies, once acting is included u are totally out of the game. Enough of this drama and take 170 million Nigerian serious.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by nony43(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2016
Bubu doesn't obey court order o, you go hear mwee oo, better bundle yourself and appear before the panel

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by teamsynergy: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2016
dis man is crazy.... just be careful........

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by otukpo(f): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2016
All these politicians sef. They all think they are above the law.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by dollaflow(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2016
hmmm
Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by kulexkuzy(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2016
rubbish.if na poor man .na direct to jail.no court appearance angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Mayorsholly(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2016
wait a minute.. who em b baba d thunder dey wan fire u still dey do press up grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by 9japride(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2016
The panel leadership is already bias and Mr Jibril won't have a fare hearing

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Greataausim(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2016
Hon. Jibrin at Budgets padding saga again..... Really... Economic depression cannot stop your financial greatness, God does not break his convant. When the world is going down, you will be going up. Believe it and you will not go down, don't all the world to pressure you into giving that up....... If you strongly believe click like.
May God save nigeria and nigerians from the economy mess.....!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by bignene(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2016
Bleep Dogara

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by CACAWA(m): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2016
Hahahah
Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Bossontop(m): 8:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Smd undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by Neimar: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2016
arrogance @ its peak

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by pelumi111: 8:28am On Sep 26, 2016
Tofumdol:
Nigeria is a joke. May GOD deliver us. Let the drama continue.

AMEN O

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by teric4love(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2016
guy don't worry I dey ur back...

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by esthel(f): 8:49am On Sep 26, 2016
I believe the speaker isnt too be big to also be investigated, this is just corruption fighting back, a man cannot be a judge in his own cause , that is one of the core principles of fair hearing, so it is quite right that an independent body should conduct the investigation whatsoever. Bunch of selfish old men, the thunder, the thunder that will fire you all is gathering momentum in hell fire.*in nedu's voice*

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2016
Just watching.......

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by nixt: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2016
I don't like this Jibrin of a thing. Jibrin will never escape punishment-Hon Doguwa

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by olaolulazio(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2016
K
Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by yahmohy27: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2016
Icecomrade:

This guy is fraud himself and wonder how he parades himself around because he was stripped of leadership role.

He has already admitted to fraudulent practices. He is supposed to be behind bars. Even if he will later turn to prosecution witness.

They just waste our time. I am even wondering why I burn my energy typing any reaction to this charade.

with due respect ,yes Jibril admitted he too the money ,but he is saying he is nt the only one that took such illegal money .so what are we talking if u actually agreed he took the money and he's saying there more ppl that did same ,then let investigation continues and not by persecutions

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by yahmohy27: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2016
nony43:
Bubu doesn't obey court order o, you go hear mwee oo, better bundle yourself and appear before the panel
He cannot appear b4 the so called panel coz the chairman of the committee had taken side by saying padding is not a crime ,so going there ll be a waste of time

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by drnoel: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2016
Icecomrade:

But u missed the point. Look beyond the little fish and u will see the big shark. That shark is what we want cos the sea is not big enof for us, the fish and the shark. Heads must roll for their actions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin by yahmohy27: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2016
9japride:
The panel leadership is already bias and Mr Jibril won't have a fare hearing
Thank you my brother , they should allow the independent investigation into the padding and those involved should step down asap

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muamar Gaddafi's Last Words And Prophecies / Lagos Election: Sanwo-olu Wins At Tribunal / Ikwerre Man Emerges Deputy President General Of Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.