Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

$7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana (17251 Views)

Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / Where's The $7billion Placed In 14 Banks By Soludo? Henry Boyo / Soludo: "Falana Does Not Know The Difference Between A Bank LOAN And A DEPOSIT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by claremont(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2016
Is it just me who remembers NEEDS 1 and NEEDS 2 policy documents by Soludo?! The problem with successive Nigerian governments is that they are great in theoretical policy proposals, but shite when it comes to sustainability of policies.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by steppin: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
SharkTank:

Afonja wants to cry. Find somewhere private and do it like a man
He's been doing that all morning.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
It is only a silly person will believe that such a huge amount of money is loaned to the commercial bank without the knowledge of the national assembly and they will keep quiet for long...i think majority of them are still they so let then speak on it.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by kernel504(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
I have always known soludo is a no gooder. Bloody thief angry

If that why your cattle chairman, sorry our deaf president led us into recession as military head of state and as a civilian president?
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by jpphilips(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
KingsCity:
The SAN is obviously ignorant of the functions of the CBN

Key funtions of the CBN you learn in elementary economics : the CBN is both the banker's bank as well as the lender of last resort

Just like individuals can borrow from commercial banks, banks can borrow from the CBN

It is well within the functions of CBN to lend to commercial banks...it is character assasination to term it stealing as if Soludo collected the money and put it into his own pocket

If at all there is anything like that, the banks that borrowed the money should be asked to pay up with all the accummulated interests!

Exactly where I got confused, Some Nigerians like abusing their hard earned integrity, Falana just spoke like my 4yr old niece.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by jpphilips(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
claremont:
Is it just me who remembers NEEDS 1 and NEEDS 2 policy documents by Soludo?! The problem with successive Nigerian governments is that they are great in theoretical policy proposals, but shite when it comes to sustainability of policies.

NEEDS was a huge success, I doubt if you know what NEEDS was designed to achieve.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by clint77ng: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

Keep up with your ignorance and obscene mischief.You will soon tell the unbelievable story of how the ordinary CBN Act superceeds the country's national constitution.
It is abundantly clear that this is not about the functions of the CBN but a deliberate criminal attempt by someone to subvert due process in order to placate the 14 banks/suitcase bankers at the expense of the Nigerian people.
If you are a patriot and do not have anything to hide, you should join the call for the speedy recovery of this money with interest instead of playing at mischief.
what is the due process that he needed to go thru before lending to a commercial bank? Whether u and ur kinsman like it or not, Soludo had earned a lot for himself and u guys can't pull him down. Did ur constitution say he shouldn't lend. You r making the hate so obvious.
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by stsinner: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Exactly!
They unnecessarilly get excited over necessary grazing reserves but put their heads in the sand when faced worse fraudulent act. Soludo must be jailed angry sad
u wont go far with this media trial
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by stsinner: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

Apparently, you didn't read the explanation by Falana and Henry Boyo.
The money was taken from the money held in trust for the nation and if such amount has to be loaned, it requires the approval of the real owners of the money with the constitutional oversight by the national assembly.
Due to this lack of due process, the whereabouts of the $7billion can not be explained shocked
These are private businesses for God's sake, Is it that Soludo "dashed" them $7billion as if it's his father's money? And we're opposing creating grazing reserves for herdsmen because they are private businesses yet no qualms when Soludo stole and illegally shared our $7billion to private businesses?Soludo should have ensured that this money is returned to the federation Account even with interest.
Now both the principal and accrued interest for the past 10 years can not be located yet these 14 banks are not perturbed!! shocked
Terrible things are happening in this country for God's sake. Even by the US standard, $7 billion is a lot of money!!
http://
www.premiumtimesng.com/
news/top-news/211283-7-
billion-why-falana-must-
apologise-to-me-soludo.html
read the above link young man
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by Businessideas: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
stsinner:
http://
www.premiumtimesng.com/
news/top-news/211283-7-
billion-why-falana-must-
apologise-to-me-soludo.html
read the above link young man
The summary is that this money, Soludo and the 14 banks should be investigated. Shikena
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by connkg(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas:

The summary is that this money, Soludo and the 14 banks should be investigated. Shikena
Wrong summary, businessideas. Like 2n2k explained, Soludo has cleared this up. Falana himself is going on quotes. If Boyo said anything against reserves being saved in consolidated banks, I would like to believe he was expressing his own fears as opinions.
See the clear picture in Soludo's comment. There aren't even two sides to this...just one!
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by Businessideas: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
connkg:

Wrong summary, businessideas. Like 2n2k explained, Soludo has cleared this up. Falana himself is going on quotes. If Boyo said anything against reserves being saved in consolidated banks, I would like to believe he was expressing his own fears as opinions.
See the clear picture in Soludo's comment. There aren't even two sides to this...just one!
I beg to differ sir. Soludo hasn't answered the question of where the money is,as a matter of fact, he's even putting himself on the line by even answering for the 14 banks that are actually the ones he claimed he illegally "deposited" our $7billion with .
Furthermore, Falana wrote the EFCC to investigate this money and it's the job of EFCC to investigate and report to Nigerians.
Sincerely, if I am in Soludo's shoes, I will even support Falana's request for the investigation because things may have gone wrong after he left the CBN.
I support Falana, it's his inalienable right to report any suspected case of crime to the law enforcement agencies, it's now the job of the agency to clear or indict people for eventual prosecution
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by connkg(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2016
Businessideas, is it your understanding that the $7bn is missing?
I do not see so.
Falana's case appears to be the lodgement of the money without what he feels is due process. The money is not incoming revenue, but savings. It is the keeping of 7 of 38 in Nigerian banks and 31 in foreign. If Soludo didn't get the supposed due process for 31, what makes the 7 special?
Again, is it your understanding that the money is missing?
Re: $7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana by Businessideas: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
connkg:
Businessideas, is it your understanding that the $7bn is missing?
I do not see so.
Falana's case appears to be the lodgement of the money without what he feels is due process. The money is not incoming revenue, but savings. It is the keeping of 7 of 38 in Nigerian banks and 31 in foreign. If Soludo didn't get the supposed due process for 31, what makes the 7 special?
Again, is it your understanding that the money is missing?
The bolded in your statement is wrong sir if you read this portion from Falana's report:

"Having confirmed that the banks have failed to liquidate the said $7 billion loan I have asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate the illegality of the loan and recover same together with other huge funds which have been criminally diverted or withheld from the Federation Account. With respect, the denial of the $7 billion loan by Professor Soludo has supported the request for a thorough investigation of the allegations contained in my petition."

Whether Falana got it wrong by calling it 'Loan' or Soludo is being evasive by calling the $7billion isn't as important as we the true owners of the money, know what happened to the $7billion.
Don't we have a right to know again? From what I know about our public officers and Nigerian banks, there's a high probability that this colossal sum of $7billion money has been poorly managed.
Please just pause for a second and imagine if this whole thing would have been blown open if CBN had transparently informed us of the whereabouts of the money and accrued interest.Don't they have records? Why is the investigation of how public funds were spent equal to the personal attack on Soludo or the banks? As I write this, 3 of these 14banks is already dead!!!
Our public institutions are being subverted deliberately.
If Soludo has nothing to hide, at the end of the day, we will know after the investigation but for now, we want to know.
It's our right and Nigeria is bigger than Soludo and the 14banks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban / Grand Reception For AIG Hakeem Odumosu (Photos) / 2023: Atiku, Peter Obi, Kwankwaso Have No Integrity – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.