Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard (28183 Views)

Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike / Militants Split Nigeria Into Five Republics / How President Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Economic Recession-ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by michoim(m): 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
What a trash write up. How did we get there... should be directed to the government in power in 2014 when recession actually started unnoticed according to National Bureau of Statistics. It was further aggravated by the cursed Niger Delta Avengers, sponsored by those Who looted the treasury.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by daryoor03(m): 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
Happy blame game. Nobody wants to claim responsibility.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by tete7000(m): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
Only zombies won't agree Buhari is a disaster. God, please we need a miracle. With this comfused people in government, only miracle will save us.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Caveatemptor(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
It is only God that can save Nigeria from the maladministration of Buharis government.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Jacko1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
Nigerians fear not

If that picture is present buhari

Trust me he go soon die

I dislike jagaban to da core

But he is more reasonable than buhari

And can use the right ppl to get nigeria workin

So buhari do n die n let jagaban rule via his boy boy osinbanjo
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by borntosuccess(m): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hiploko:
I beg you guys to stop 'Jonathaning'. is he the one also responsible for the 1984 recession? Anyways... HAPPY RECESSION
laughing out loudly hiploko u just made my day with dis ur style, HAPPY RECESSION JARE 2 Dem zombies allover Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Validated: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Jonathan is single handedly responsible for our current recession. There is no other way to paint it. By refusing to save, endorsing stealing and encouraging his cronies to loot, he is the architect of Nigeria's woes. Period.

Eku recession oooo! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:
OP try and apply paragraphing to your write ups so that it can be more coherrent.

And also, rather that tell us how Buhari is responsible for the recession, this piece seems more aimed at absolving past pdp presidents, particularly jonathan. How can u claim jonathan invested "heavily" in "road, rails etc" What road What rail Pls lets be sincere in our discussion and quit biased unsubstantiated and false statements!

Yes, Jonathan invested heavily in infrastructure.

I can confirm that because i was a frequent traveller at that momoent.

Are you the one who repaired the airports, railways and built 12 Universities ?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by solarview(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Madridguy, HungerBAD, Sarrki et'al please come and read and open your heart to the realities on ground.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by schoolhelpng(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:
OP try and apply paragraphing to your write ups so that it can be more coherrent.

And also, rather that tell us how Buhari is responsible for the recession, this piece seems more aimed at absolving past pdp presidents, particularly jonathan. How can u claim jonathan invested "heavily" in "road, rails etc" What road What rail Pls lets be sincere in our discussion and quit biased unsubstantiated and false statements!

I will tell you the stupidity of Buhari and why he is to be blame for this recession....
1... You must have seen what was wrong in Nigeria before you decided to be a president and that is why so many voted for him for what he had promise...
2. When he was voted, he spent so 0.5 year to nominate ministers to work for him believing that he is going to pick saints, but unfortunately, he picked corrupt people again. is that not stupidity?
3. Why will you close your shop because u r pursuing thief? Buhari close borders importing only grass. Imaging who are those one grass met for? APC, PDP or CowAPC....He left his party that are now bunch of pass thieves pursuing PDP....
4. Mostly, I thought he will choose most qualify for the job until I discovered that he choose some unqualify buffoon.... of cause u know them...
5. Jonathan was not best and you should know according to writer that the remaining fingers are directly to him
6. Economic is like this, try looking for a way out but my president is still pointing blames on passed government. is that right?

Brother, you know that despite buhari claims against corruption, I still bet you, Buhari himself is corrupt.( check dico to know the meaning of corruption.... Fulani are there killing now, what is Buhari doing to this cause these Fulani are killing the farmers most..

I beggy I never pray that Buhari should finished his tenure.....All that I pray for is that God should Change the change....either by death of......or by coup d'etat

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by devilson(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
I can see buhari zombie talking trash nd blaming gej for all Nigeria failure,most of them are northerners though so dy are born to ass lick there elites
but how come Nigeria was in recession the two times buhari ruled or was Jonathan responsible for the recession

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Henrichemeka(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
One thing that is clear is that, Buhari never expected he would win that election, so therefore, they were not ready for governance, they were busy preparing for war when goodluck called him. That call alone shocked him because he never knew Goodluck could hands off the power at once.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by blackpanda: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
schoolhelpng:

I will tell you the stupidity of Buhari and why he is to be blame for this recession....
1... You must have seen what was wrong in Nigeria before you decided to be a president and that is why so many voted for him for what he had promise...
2. When he was voted, he spent so 0.5 year to nominate ministers to work for him believing that he is going to pick saints, but unfortunately, he picked corrupt people again. is that not stupidity?
3. Why will you close your shop because u r pursuing thief? Buhari close borders importing only grass. Imaging who are those one grass met for? APC, PDP or CowAPC....He left his party that are now bunch of pass thieves pursuing PDP....
4. Mostly, I thought he will choose most qualify for the job until I discovered that he choose some unqualify buffoon.... of cause u know them...
5. Jonathan was not best and you should know according to writer that the remaining fingers are directly to him
6. Economic is like this, try looking for a way out but my president is still pointing blames on passed government. is that right?

Brother, you know that despite buhari claims against corruption, I still bet you, Buhari himself is corrupt.( check dico to know the meaning of corruption.... Fulani are there killing now, what is Buhari doing to this cause these Fulani are killing the farmers most..

I beggy I never pray that Buhari should finished his tenure.....All that I pray for is that God should Change the change....either by death of......or by coup d'etat

Your prayer will meet u in double fold
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by kindnyce(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=blackpanda post=49686635]OP try and apply paragraphing to your write ups so that it can be more coherrent.

And also, rather that tell us how Buhari is responsible for the recession, this piece seems more aimed at absolving past pdp presidents, particularly jonathan. How can u claim jonathan invested "heavily" in "road, rails etc" What road What rail Pls lets be sincere in our discussion and quit biased unsubstantiated and

false statements!

GUY,YOUR RESPONSE ON THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE MOST MATURED,LOGICAL AND INCISIVE.
YOU RAISED A LOGICAL AND INTELLECTUAL QUESTION...HOW DID BUHARI LED NIGERIA INTO RECESSION?
THE OP OUGHT TO EXPLICITLY OUTLINE THE FACTORS THAT LED US TO RECESSION.
THE OP OR. WRITER WAS HASTILY TYPING TRASH,RATHER THAN STATING A DETAILED ANALYSIS COHERENTLY,HE WAS BLABBING ABOUT WHAT PDP GOONS LOVE TO HEAR.
MOST PDP APOLOGIST ARE HAPPY WITH THE RECESSION,NO RIGHT-THINKING AND SANE PERSON WILL ABSOLVE PDP AND GEJ OF SHARING PART OF THE BLAME.
PMB ALSO HAS HIS OWN SHARE,BUT TO PUT THE BLAME SOLELY ON PMB IS STUPIDITY.
The ACTIONS AND INACTIONS OF PAST GOVT GOT US HERE,ie RECESSION.
So AS YOU CAN SEE,MOST COMMENTS BELOW ARE BIASED AND AN OUTBURST OF PAINED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION.
THERE IS GLOBAL ECONOMIC CRISES,NIGERIA IS NOT THE ONLY NATION,FOR FACTS ON OTHER RECESSION-HIT NATIONS AND HOW THEY ARE COPING

Check FAREED ZAKARIA'S GPS ON CNN.
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by NikitaNike(f): 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Jonathan is single handedly responsible for our current recession. There is no other way to paint it. By refusing to save, endorsing stealing and encouraging his cronies to loot, he is the architect of Nigeria's woes. Period.
Will u shut the hell up if u don't know what to say.
Haha, must u talk?
WHAT IS SINGLE HANDEDLY?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by NikitaNike(f): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Will u shut the hell up if u don't know what to say.
Haha, must u talk?
WHAT IS SINGLE HANDEDLY?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by nkechiasogwa(f): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
This nice write up has really said it all and painted the true picture. Jonathan is partly to blame for not saving for the future, but Buhari is also partly to blame for formulating and implementing policies that are not just right for the moment. I pray we come out of this recession soonest.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by rabex123(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
Standing5:
Thought It was me alone who found the piece incoherent. These people like to heap the blame of reccesion on anything Buhari touches but forget Oil price crash and lack of savings/investment is 80% responsible for negative economic effect. Nigeria spent $217B to defend the Naira between 2002 and 2014. That could av easily built 16 of the kind of refinery Dangote is building to take our refining capacity to 10million barrel per day. Selling two or three of those will easily bail us out of any stupíd recession for 5 years minimum.
Bros don't waste your inks on people who have been blinded by tribalism
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Emexicoman(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2016
Standing5:
Thought It was me alone who found the piece incoherent. These people like to heap the blame of reccesion on anything Buhari touches but forget Oil price crash and lack of savings/investment is 80% responsible for negative economic effect. Nigeria spent $217B to defend the Naira between 2002 and 2014. That could av easily built 16 of the kind of refinery Dangote is building to take our refining capacity to 10million barrel per day. Selling two or three of those will easily bail us out of any stupíd recession for 5 years minimum.
did u forget that PDP saved..? Even if not much we had an excess crude account. U remember when Fashiola and Amaechi led other governors to court sueing the FG to share it to them.... When Jonathan wanted to deregulate the downstream they protested. Is it not the same price Jonathan wanted to sell PMS that they are selling it now.? The past govt saw it coming but managed it very well. Ur president and Co was all over shouting the country is broke I met an empty treasury bla bla... Who would want to invest in a broke economy. I could go on but.... I no get time for zombies
Enlighten ur dull brains here
https://www.nairaland.com/3372635/recession-what-fashola-posited-2012

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ancientbanana: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2016
Aufbauh:

Boy, do find your likes and stay off my mention if you can't comprehend my expression.

What about happy recession? Or do you think everyone is going through the same hell hole as you.
but most are suffering d recession so if ur not keep quiet.
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ajawara(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2016
blackpanda:

Is Jonathan also responsible for 1984 economic recession during Buhari military junta?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Emassive(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
The Rail Bubu traveled in from Kano to Lagos during his Campaign that was later commisioned by the hon minister Rat Abassshhaa of Transport. Wonder why that's the only thing commisioned since they got into Aso Villa.
blackpanda:

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
borntosuccess:
laughing out loudly hiploko u just made my day with dis ur style, HAPPY RECESSION JARE 2 Dem zombies allover Nigeria
grin
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
ajawara:

Is Jonathan also responsible for 1984 economic recession during Buhari military junta?
ask the d*ull homo sapien
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
kelvee:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/buhari-plunged-nigeria-recession/
... An unbiased, truthful, void of political tones. The article captures the true position of things in our nation. The govt was unprepared and all out for personal vendetta.
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
rabex123:

keep kwayet( in Patience Jonathan's voice) and go bring your tribal people to support you here. Obviously you need your tribes support to match up... Zombie!
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
rabex123:

keep kwayet( in Patience Jonathan's voice) and go bring your tribal people to support you here. Obviously you need your tribes support to match up... Happy recession Zombie!
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by innocentchuks(m): 12:13am On Sep 28, 2016
blackpanda:

i told myself i will not comment here, but u forced me to do so. sometimes when i look at our young generations shudder with bewilderment at the high rate of their gullibility and ignorance. these old fools parading themselves as leaders has orchestrated their plans using the present young folks as cats paw by selling to them rehearsed manipulative word of insinuations. This present government is in the helm of affairs therefore will be hold responsible for what is happening presently.
Do you mean to tell me as a mature individual that you have not made some erroneous mistakes in the past, but are you still leaving in the past blaming ur mistakes for ur today's woe or are you optimistic working hard planning on how to improve making ur person better. The truth be told the precious governments made some mistakes that must have contributed to this present economic situation, but blaming in totality the past government is political propaganda orchestrated to confuse the gullible. if I am to talk about the road issue Minister of transport Chibuike Amaechi confirm it himself in one of his tours that Jonathan government invested massively on infrastructure.Jonathan has flaws as a human being that gave room to looting impunity, that notwithstanding he still set a legacy. we most times jump into conclusions about things without fact finding.
i pity our youths who are been played taking for a ride. what 90% of youths these days what they are after is to spend their hard earned money to come online banter words and abuse their follow youths then defend these old people taking them for a ride without any recourse on why is things the way it is. The faster our youths rise up to the occasion and fight this slavery of mind they are in the better, if not most of them destiny, hope and privilege will be at the disposable mercy of all these grand fathers that call themselves our leaders. i pity this generation because they obviously need brain overhauling, plus a vigorous brain charge. I sincerely weep for our youths especially after reading some comments here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio / Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal / IPOB Threatening My Life Because Of Peter Obi – Reno Omokri Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.