Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,603 members, 7,861,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

Amplified Chatterings Before And After Moslem Call To Prayer/worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amplified Chatterings Before And After Moslem Call To Prayer/worship (438 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Muhammed Claims Satan Farts And Flees During Muslim Call To Prayer / Who Follows Jesus Mode Of Worship, Moslem Or Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amplified Chatterings Before And After Moslem Call To Prayer/worship by solok: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Pls I need education/enlightenment from Nairalanders who are knowledgeable about Islamic call to praye/worship.
In my local community (one of the SW states) the CDA exco of which I am a member received strong complaints from members who feel highly disturbed by the persistent noise emanating from megaphones mounted atop the bungalow-building mosque in our neighbourhood.
Whereas, they claim to have come to terms with the amplified call to prayers five times a day, the big challenge for them is the megaphoned loud chatterings before and after the actual call to prayers.
Some of the chatterings goes like: 'alhaji Ganiyu, otun adini, e dide e wa kirun' iya sunnah an reti yin e se kanman'. And also some really slurry chanting of what I think are quranic verses by sleepy teenager-apprentice imam.
The matter is threatening to create serious friction in the otherwise calm neighbourhood.
My question is:
In line with sunnah or hadith (I understand these are the ways/lifestyles of Prophet Mohammed..peace be on to him...which His followers have universally accepted as standards), what is the requirement for call to prayers? Must it be preceeded and/or followed with chatterings and praise singing of prominent moslems in the neighbourhood? If so, must such be done via the megaphones?
I like to know so I can meaningfuly contribute to solution building at the exco or gen meeting of CDA.
As said earlier, I want Mullahs, Ustaz, Immams on this platform to share knowledge in that aspect of the Islam religion with me...or better still point me to authoritative literatures I can research for credible answers.
Re: Amplified Chatterings Before And After Moslem Call To Prayer/worship by make9jagr8: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2016
In a simple term, the chattering is not part of call to prayer and absolutely unnecessary.

(1) (Reply)

Saved By Jesus... / Can This Be Properly Called An Addiction? / Grieve Not The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.