Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Love At First Flight. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love At First Flight. (21897 Views)

The Love At Home. See Photos Too / Love At First Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
Love At First Flight
Chapter One
Many heads turned to look at the tall slender girl,as spurning the moving centre corridor,she walked towards the final transit lounge prior to boarding the giant jet.It wasn't her beauty that was so arresting for,as she would have been the first to admit,her limpid brown eyes were too large and her generously full mouth too wide for the proportions of her face for true beauty.It wasn't the cool elegance of her crisp cream suit,worn with a pure silk crepe de chine shirt in warmer tones that complimented the light hue of her complexion.Nor was it the sight of her long slender legs as she stepped out briskly,a practicable but elegant brown leather bag swinging from her shoulder as she walked.Nor was it the shine on her soft black curls,caught in the dying rays of sunlight streaming in through the windows.
It was the aura of happiness that surrounded her that attracted their attention.Her piquant face shone and it was as if she were lit up with it.

Reviews Needed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
There was a confidence in her light springy step that only comes from within.She looked as if the whole world was her oyster.This inner glow,burning so brightly made her seem like a bright flame and it warmed and charmed everyone about her.
So wrapt up in her obviously happy thoughts was she was totally unaware of the interest she aroused.Once into the final lounge she sat down,put her neat cabin bag at her feet and looked around her.
The lounge was fast filling up.Soon,she guessed they would start loading the aircraft.They were a mixed bunch of passangers-Europeans and Africans,young,old,fat and thin.Some of the Nigerians were in their native costumes,making her feel excited and happy.She really was on her way home! Some were in smart European clothes,as Isabella was.Most of the Europeans in tropical outfits looked like business men,but so were obviously going back on leave.They were more casually dressed in open-necked sports shirts and jeans. Not for them the expensive briefcases of the business men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
Suddenly Isabella's eyes lit upon the man who had just walked in,and was standing motionless,looking around him.He was the most handsome man she had ever seen-handsome and unbearably arrogant with it,probably a male chauvinist too.
He was well over six feet tall,with broad shoulders and slim hips.He stood there,tall and proud,coolly looking over his fellow passngers.Then his eyes lighting on Isabella,he slowly but deliberately moved towards her,a confident smile turning up the corners of his strong mouth and making a network of laughter lines round his brightly piercing dark brown eyes.
Isabella groaned to herself.Oh,why had she looked at him.He must have noticed her gaze and that must be why he was making a bee-line for her.He might be good looking and the answers to some maiden's prayer,but he was the sort of macho type of he-man that she detested.He sat down on the empty seat next to her and a whiff of tantalisingly male after shave reached her nostrils.Very pointedly she opened the magazine on her laps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
She kept her eyes glued to the pages,but not before she had caught his insolent look,as he brazenly appraised her,stripping her of her clothes with his glance.
Isabella was used to coping with eager males and could give them the brush-off politely,but very efficiently,but she sensed he was no ordinary male.She just hoped that he was travelling first class,which,judging from the cut of his American cotton suit,with its fine navy pin stripe on a white background,his exquisitely embroided shirt that could have only come from the Phillipines,and the elegant hand-luggage he carried,he most likely was.
"You must be a slow reader,``said a deep lazy voice,with a sort of amusement in it," you really should have turned the page by now.That is if you are really reading that article.
Isabella was furious,as much as with herself with him.True,she hadn't been reading the article,she had been thinking about him,and he knew it.Drat him! He probably thought she was overcome by his physique and the aura of masculine virility.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2016
She lifted up her head slowly and looked coldly at him."I fail to see what business of it is yours,"she said,her voice as icy as she could make it.
"None at all," he replied easily."It's just that I am suprised that a young lady like you needs to study so intently the advice in that article." His eyes were glinting mockingly at her and he was grinning widely.
Isabella looked down at the page opened before her."How to be sexy and fat," was the caption that met her eyes! She slammed the magazine shut.She felt like getting up and moving elsewhere,but pride would not allow her.
``That's better,now we can now talk.Talking passes the time much better on a journey,don't you agree?'' He grinned disarmingly at her,and she was aware that he could be devastatingly attractive if he wished.But not to me,she thought,and instinctively twisted the small diamond and ruby engagement ring on her finger.His eyes followed the movement.Perhaps that will put him off thought Isabella,not deigning to answer his remarks.But he went on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
``Of course you may be the modern career womanwho prefers to walk on a journey,but I surmise you are going home-to get married perhaps? Anyway,you are much too lovely to fit into the first category,thank heavens.''
Isabella could not keep silent.Really the man was impossible! ``Then you would be wrong.True I am going back to Nigeria ,but I am going to meet up with my fiancé.He replied unruffled,raising one eye-brow sardonically."Whereas you strike as being all woman,capable of fire and emotion,although I must say you are behaving a little sulky at the moment''.
The blood rose to Isabella's cheeks,she stood picking her hand baggage and turned on him."You are insufferably insulting and just what I expected when I saw you standing so arrogantly when you came in.I...''
"That is why I came over to you.I noticed this beautiful woman looking at me up and down with passionate brown eyes so I came over to give a chance of better view to appraise me.''He was openly laughing at her now.
``Yes I was looking at you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
She continued ``And for your information as you seem to think that you are God's gift to women,was thinking that you are the type of man that I most abhor.So if you forgive me,I will sit elsewhere as you and I obviously have nothing to say to each other.'' He too rose to his feet,and as he towered over her she felt little frissons of fear run through her body.He held her gaze for a moment,which seemed minutes to Isabella.His deep-set eyes seemed to bore in her soul.But then he smiled.``I hope we shall meet again,Miss...? His voice ended on a question mark which Isabella ignored.
"I hope not,'' she replied sweetly as she walked away.
About twenty minutes later,Isabella found her seat in the plane and stowed her cabin bag in the locker overhead.She fastened her seatbelt,then leaning her head against the seat,shut her eyes and deliberately thinking about Eric and the new post she is to take.They had planned to work together eventually,when they got married.All she had done was to bring the wedding closer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
She had deliberately not mentioned Eric's name at her interview with the provost of the college.She wanted to get the job on her own merits.So here she was on her way to join her fiancé and to a sought after post at RCA.But she was rudely brought back to the present by an already familiar masculine voice saying,"Princesses don't sigh when they are really asleep,and just when I was about to wake you up with a kiss too."
Isabella sat upright,her lovely eyes wide open with astonishment and annoyance."Really you are impossible.Go and take a first class seat and leave me alone." His long body was leaning over her as he made himselfas small as possible to let another passanger pass him in the narrow passage,and she found it unnerving.She saw an air hostess coming up the aisle,"I wonder if you could help this gentleman to find his seat?" Isabella asked the girl giving her a charming smile.Without a murmur,the man held up his boarding pass with the seat number attached and handed it to the air hostess with a smile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Missmossy(f): 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Haha this bobo sha grin such an enchanting piece, ride on Ziniroe.

2 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by dannybeau(f): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
Seatbelt fastened! Oya make we rolll!
Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
"But he has found it,Miss",she said,when looked at the seat number.Words failed Isabella as she tucked her legs in to let him go by.She was blowed if she could get up for him-No way! She realised her mistake as his body brushed past her and responded with strange tinglings.She picked up the In-Flight magazine,ignoring his polite "Thank You",as he slid his large frame into the seat beside her.She would make it clear she did not want to talk.
He seemed to get the message and kept quiet.As soon as the jet roared along the runway and started its ascent into the evening sky,his voice once again broke into her reverie.
"What a bit of luck that I should get this seat next to you" he said pleasantly.
"I am not sure that I would call it luck,your type can fix anything" Isabellaretorted hotly forgetting to maintain silence."what do you mean" he said.
"Then I'll spell it out for you.You are a sort of plane pest who will bribe someone to get the seat you want.I know your sort.She glared at him."Just forget it"He said.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
"How could I do that when I was given my seat before I set my eyes on you?" He looked guilelessly into her large eyes.She saw what he said was the truth.She felt acutely embarrased."I'm sorry,she said stiffly.
"It's okay."He placed a gentle hand across her.His face was close to hers that she felt the full force of the magnetism of the man.Steeling herself against it,and all it implied of his latent sexuality,she made a quick,scientific survey of his face.Short black curls framed a broad forhead,high cheek bones and a ruggedly determined jaw.His nose was strong,but there was sensitivity about the wide,flaring nostrils,giving him the air of a thoroughed arab stallion.The mouth,now smiling so widely,so highlighted,the sensual grooves that ran between nose and cheeks.
The arrival of dinner gave her a little respite,as Michael ate as if he hadn't eaten for days.All the same Isabella was looking forward to good home cooking and childhood favourites.After dinner,there was silence as the stewards cleared the trays.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
They put their seats back into the reclining position and Isabella plugged in her headphones to listen to some music before the film.A large arm was suddenly thrust across her body and long fingers un-plugged the headphones from their socket in the arm of her seat.
"what on earth do you think you are doing?" she asked crossly.
"I want to talk to you" Michael answered blandly.as if what he did was quite normal."When the film comes on I'll let you watch it,I.like watching films too.
"And does everyone have to do as exactly as you like?" Isabella grabbed angrily for her headphone lead which he held out of reach."Give me back my headphones or I shall call a stewardess," Isabella almost shouted at him.Michael remarked,quite unpertubed "Call a stewardess if you like,but you will have to keep calling one every few minutes for I shall unplug your phone as soon as her back is turned .
Isabella felt her wrist caught in a steely grip,She requested "As you are stronger and obviously more selfish,I have to give in.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by teniola240(f): 1:40am On Sep 27, 2016
[color=ride on op #770077][/color]
Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2016
"That's my girl,"he said,irritatingly before she could stopped him." "All right it will have to be question time" so what's your name?"Isabella,she replied.He said lightly,it's not on every flight I meet someone as attractive as you.
Isabella didn't know how to cope,so it was with relief that she saw the duty-free trolley reach their row.She busied herself with finding her passport and traveller's cheques in readiness for her transactions.She decided on Miss Dior for herself and bought Eric an extravagant after-shave and some cigarettes,though she didn't approve of his smoking.Michael bought some after -shaves and several bottles of perfumes.
After that cabin lights were put off and the film was started,she was allowed to plug in her headset.Isabella found herself watching bits and then dozed off.Once,she awoke to find her head comfortable resting on Michael's chest,with his arm around her.He looked as if he were asleep,but when she tried to move,he tightened his grip.
"Let go of me",she whispered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2016
Reluctantly,he withdrew his arm.
Towards the end of the film,her interest was caught.It was very moving when the hero and heroine got together at last after so many misunderstandings,and Isabellacould not stop a tear from drifting down her cheek.She always reacted emotionally to films.
She tried furtively to wipe away the tear, but too late.Michael had seen it already,and with a gentle hand turned her face towards him.He kissed away the tear with tender lips.As he pulled back,their eyes locked together,neither having a power to look away.Then with a groan he held her close and ravaged her lips with his.For awy second her lips responded of their own volition,and then she pushed him away angrily,"You are despicable,you know that I am engaged.How dare you do that! How dare you!"
She was more shaken than she cared to admit,even to herself,for she had felt the kiss down to her toes.
"I'm sorry,very sorry," Michael apologized seriously,"I never meant.. "
"And so you should sorry"Isabella spat out at him.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2016
Her temper really roused,as much by her own reactions to his kiss as by the kiss itself."You have subjected me to every possible kind of sexual harrassment in the book.The only thing you haven't done is to pinch my bottom."
"I'm sorry.I only meant it to be awy bit of fun,and most girls enjoy it as much as I do."
"I am not-most girls.I hope I never set my eyes on you again."
His lips tightened grimly,"I've apologized," he said quietly.
"And you think that is enough? Kindly don't say another word to me,for I do not wish to speak to you."
Michael did not make any further attempt to speak to her.She felt strangely deflated.
In the crush waiting to disembark,Isabella felt a firm pinch on her behind-but she couldn't be sure it was him.
The last stride she saw of him was his back,as with long esay strides he made his way to Immigration and Customs.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALLOWED.SO YOU CAN TALK CRAP ABOUT IT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by msmarty(f): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
the story is dope. maam more please
Re: Love At First Flight. by ClassCaptain(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good work
Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
Chapter Two
By the time Isabella had got through all the formalities,her clothes were already sticking to her body,inspite of the air-conditioning in the terminal.But it was even steamer,when surrounded by milling throng of excited people waiting to meet friends and relations,as she searched for Eric.His blonde hair would have been easy to spot but she couldn't see it.
Gradually she became aware that among the crowd there were one or two placards being held up.Searching for them,she found her name,Dr.Isabella Davies,and RCA written underneath.With a sigh of relief,she made her way towards the short man.She introduced herself to Jerry as he took her luggage from her trolley and she gladly followed him,as he pushed his way through the crowded airport."Pls stay here while I fetch the car" and with a friendly smile,he was gone.
She took a deep breath as she looked around her.She found it familiar and exciting at the same time-she was back home at last!
A loud hoot car horn brought her back to earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
She had been thinking about the Group Director,Doctor Thompson,was a very hard master,although he travelled quite a bit,Isabella had the impression that this Thompson was a work-a-holic and a bit of pain in the neck.On the other hand,to be fair,the provost had sung his praises,so he obviously thought him a good guy.
"How long will it take us Jerry?" she asked.
"About two hours if no go slow doctor,We will travel by the express way to Ibadan."
Driving was slow in Lagos,and it allowed Isabella to look around her.
Nothing had prepared her for the RCA campus,as the car turned into a drive lined by decorative palms,smooth green grass at their feet.there were stopped by the security,but Jerry was recognized and they were waved on through the gates.
In a few hundred yards,they drove up to a pleasant looking building,with a shimmering inviting swimming pool beside it.Jerry stopped the car and came round to let Isabella out."Doctor,Mr.Hayes said to give you this note." "Good day ma" He said as he walked away.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by tijehi(f): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Really nice story
Re: Love At First Flight. by Princezoi(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Good work
Bro how far. I do enjoy your stories here on Nairaland and i have a proposal for you.
Re: Love At First Flight. by ClassCaptain(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Princezoi:
Bro how far. I do enjoy your stories here on Nairaland and i have a proposal for you.

Am all ears boss
Re: Love At First Flight. by Princezoi(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Am all ears boss
can you send me your email address or any contact so we can chat privately.
Re: Love At First Flight. by ClassCaptain(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2016
Princezoi:
can you send me your email address or any contact so we can chat privately.

antispambot113@gmail.com
Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
She walked up the shallow steps into a large,pleasant and deliciously cool interior.Isabella made straight for a small desk behind which sat a pretty girl,a couple of telephones in front of her.
"Doctor Davies," she said to the girl."You are welcome".
Standing at the desk she ripped open Eric's note.Finding that she was to ring him on his extension number.
He told he would be with her in fifteen minutes.Isabella didn't wait long before she caught a glimpse of Eric's familiar figure coming along the terrace towards her.She rose to her feet and sped like a gazelle to meet him.They put their arms round each other and Eric gave her a smacking kiss on the lips.Dear reliable Eric,Isabella thought,looking into his tanned face.His already blonde hair had been streaked almost white by the sun.Arms linked,they walked to table where she left her bag."You are looking gorgeous,just as I remembered you" Eric said giving her hand a squeeze.
"Pick your bag,darling"he said,"I am taking you to my little pad so we can be alone"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love At First Flight. by yorhmienerd(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Love At First Flight. by yorhmienerd(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pls space those sentence, you jam-packed all them together. Nice job, your description is cool
Re: Love At First Flight. by nastynic(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
kul story still following
Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 03, 2016
"I don't want to share you with anybody.Thank heavens the boss is away.He would not have approved of me taking time off to greet my fiancée."
"You make him sound a real slave driver.Surely you are senior enough to be trusted to do the job properly" Isabella asked,her voice sharp with censure.
"The trouble is",he continued,as he reclaimed her heavy cases from the desk and started walking towards the exit,"he is a fanatic about his researchs programme.Most of the scientists are enthusiastic or they wouldn't be here,but he lives,eats and sleeps it."
"Is he married?" Isabella asked as she opened the door for him.
"Thanks" Eric manouvred the cases through the doorway."No,that's one of his problems.No serious woman friends either that I can see.Women are strictly for play and not to be taken seriously at all."
"What does he look like?" Isabella asked,as he stowed her luggage away in the boot."The women fall for him,not that he seems to notice."
There were driving between elegant houses.Eric drew up outside a flat.

3 Likes

Re: Love At First Flight. by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2016
"Here we are darling-home."
"Will I have a flat here too?" Isabella asked,getting out of the car and feeling the hot sun burning her back.It was a pleasant sensation after cold England.
"Wait and see," Eric parried teasingly,as taking her by her arm he led her into the cool shade of the entrance hall."I'm on the first floor,that's what gives me such a nice view." Outside the door of his flat Eric stopped and drawing her to him,kissed her gently on the mouth,"Welcome home,love" he said,softly.
"I feel like carrying you over the doorsteps-old English custom," Eric said,reaching to pick her up in his arms.He wasn't much taller than her,but he was strongly built and could have carried her slender body with ease.
"No" Isabella said sharply,pulling away from him,"That's for brides isn't it? Not until we're married.It might bring us bad luck." Eric ignored her,and picked up her protesting body in his arms,He strode through the opened door.He led her into the sitting room.She gave a gasp of delight
"It's lovely,Eric.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo) / Game Of Love / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.