Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Can I Start A Family With 70k? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Start A Family With 70k? (36957 Views)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by diva90: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
With such an amount, I would say No! Unless your wife to be is working and earns income as well.
You earn N840,000 per annum. How you wan take pay Lagos house rent, utilities , feed two mouths and possibly a third if a child comes , not to talk of other little side responsibilities that are unavoidable. If you lived in a less expensive city eg. Ibadan or Ogun state, then yes you would be very much able to manage a family with that money.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nyceguy92: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
dfrost:

Nice tips. I know of a colleague who started a family on 45k here in Lagos. Meanwhile those on 150k are still complaining that the salary is not enough.

OP your priorities should be paramount in life. I know of someone who started working on CBN as low as a clerk back in the 80s. Got married amid the little pay he was receiving. Fast forward today, he has retired. 3 completed bungalows, over 6 parcels of landed property and 3 cars.

Plan your life with your family. Move to a low cost area. Finally, never, never and never try to impress anyone. Ciao!

Well said..
Many public servants with families do o earn that much yet they survive.

For a start, he needs just an affordable 1-bedroom accommodation .
Better if the wife earns some income.

It's all about setting priorities right and doing away with extravagance.
Without planning, even 200K/month won't be enough.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by chris2face(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!
Please don't not yet bro someone on 200k is contemplating starting a family and your also thinking of that
Sia tukuna that's not enough unless u wanna suffer
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by willibounce1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
Oga you have no business getting married... except you want to marry a rich girl.

Be honest with yourself. Is 70k enough for you alone? No be manage you dey manage am? You want to bring another man pikin to come and manage the 70k with you? Even if your wife dey earn 100k. My brother don't try it, else you and your wife won't enjoy the marriage.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dahme147(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ogbeni that was too harsh na,,d young man needs advice,,not rundown...single forever how na
sukkot:
dunno mayne. sounds like suffering to me sha. why will you want to start a family when you are still struggling ? you want to bring other people into your struggles and misery abi ? lolzzz. you better enjoy the 70 k alone and fashi family. some people just like suffering sha

must everybody have a family ? stay single forever bro
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by lolamitayo: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
Settle down stay on the job for some time and have some savings.

Do no be in a hurry, it is not how you see it.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by mzeepositive: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Of course smiley......that's if you live in the jungle with no electricity, no rent and no bills.....it possible smiley
not fair
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ExcellingBill(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
My brother, you can start a family with 70k anywhere in Nigeria. Just do these:
-Look at your current expenditure list and cut out the excesses
-Start saving higher than you have been saving
-Make sure your wife to be will not be a housewife -let her work or do business
-If you are training your younger ones or shouldering other family responsibilities, think of reducing those you can
-Let your wife to be join you in moderating your expenses by reducing her demands
-Others have given you some useful advice too but don't accept that you can't start because you sure can. Just trust God

I earn 15k, live in Calabar and have started my family. Two months ago we had a son. My wife and I work, she earns 18k and she is running a sandwich programme in Unical. We have learned to cut our coat according to our cloth. Do the same!
You can do it if you are willing and trust God

7 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Juzzybabe(f): 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
My dear, the kind of woman you want to build a family with and the location you choose to stay will determine the possibilities of your desire.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Well said..
Many public servants with families do o earn that much yet they survive.

For a start, he needs just an affordable 1-bedroom accommodation .
Better if the wife earns some income.

True that my brother. I've never and will never impress anyone in my life. Some say I'm stingy, agreed. Some say I'm crazy and awkward, agreed. I know how I hustle to make my money, so spending it becomes my own headache too. In my working place, I tell my colleagues don't bring any uniform (aka Asó Ébi) if you are having an occasion. I don't subscribe to such. I cut down on frivolities a lot.

I know of some contract staff earning 1,500 per day. They usually work for 25-26 days in a month, so estimated wages at the end of the month is 37,500 - 39,000 and yet this young men (I don't really mind the female folks) use iPhone 6. I've talked and talked, I don tire to talk sef.

Some don't even have up to 70k and they are thriving. It's all in You/Me (borrowed from Peak).

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
mzeepositive:
not fair
so sorry, but that's life cry
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
ExcellingBill:
My brother, you can start a family with 70k anywhere in Nigeria. Just do these:
-Look at your current expenditure list and cut out the excesses
-Start saving higher than you have been saving
-Make sure your wife to be will not be a housewife -let her work or do business
-If you are training your younger ones or shouldering other family responsibilities, think of reducing those you can
-Let your wife to be join you in moderating your expenses by reducing her demands
-Others have given you some useful advice too but don't accept that you can't start because you sure can. Just trust God

I earn 15k, live in Calabar and have started my family. Two months ago we had a son. My wife and I work, she earns 18k and she is running a sandwich programme in Unical. We have learned to cut our coat according to our cloth. Do the same!
You can do it if you are willing and trust God

Statements of gold. Could not have said it better.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by corridor: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
I earn 47k a month with a wife and a kid and still surviving

4 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by justmenoni: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Danke... grin grin grin grin

Swizdom:

Superb analysis.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Gidoka(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!

Olumyyde:
Brother, with GOD ,determination n contentment,u sure can..i earn about 83k monthly n I'd be wedding in two months time by GOD'S grace. My fiancee is a diligent nurse,n I've also told her i dont cross my bounds to impress anyone. my brother,we can.cheers!

if you put your mind to do anything you can achieve it, limit your expenses I got married Nov. 2013, as at the time I earned 30k,
3months after my wedding things changed... I am paid every 24th the alert I got is #277,000.

My guy 2head is better than one.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by justmenoni: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2016
I guess you didn't read carefully the reply I made in regards t your comment?

I said you don't know the Op,so you and I don't know his current situation aside bagging a new job with 70k..and all you could tell him is go and build a house! and no don't tell me you're advising him to build in an inexpensive location, before nko is he going to build in an expensive area on a 70k salary? C'mon get over it, he needs to first get going for some couple of months, then get married, establish his wife and at the same time he shouldn't forget his rent, I know alot of people who are so eager to build a house and along the line they end p owing their house rents together with other debts all in the name of been a Landlord, i understand it's good to be your own landlord, but would you expect someone living in a place like surulere, mushin, ikotun etc to just wake up and go and buy a land in ota, imota or shagamu all in the name of been a landlord and just because he's trying to cut cost, do you know the kind of amenities they've in such areas, what about schools for his potential kids, what business will the wife be doing? how will the Op even get to work supposing he works on the island?

Op, don't be distracted...I'll advice you as an e-brother or e-family.Marriage is the only institution in the world where you get a degree before you start receiving lectures ...been married isn't just a child's play unless you wanna listen to joel3 and go ahead and build a mini-flat in Ogun state, while working in Lagos state and you only get the chance to see your family once in a week or once in a month...I know some people who have fallen to such suggestions that the first thing is to build a house once they start making money..yes they did built such houses but it;s still vacant cos they can't just cope and meet up..

Joel3:

I am not suggesting he should build in expensive location. .. he can remain in rent and build his house somewhere.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Me4sure: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
Oh Yes you can
But your wife MUST be working and ready to shoulder some responsibilities until you balance
One rent a self contain for u and ur wife Only
If u rent more than that u have invested ur wife's family and ur own family as permanent guests and that means money
Try as much as u can to save between 20 to 25k monthly, give ur wife 20k for house keep
If u must use gen buy I pass my neighbor and do time table for twice a week usage
The remaining 25 to 30k is for general usage
That 25k * 12 = 300,000k
Your house rent must not be more than 100k
Now ur wife must save at least 5 to 10k per month
10k * 12 = 120k
After one year start a business with either of the money
Start family planning after u marry
After 9 to 12 months ur wife will take in
A couple that I know
The husband earns 60k
The wife earns 40k
They live in selfcon
After one year marriage they started a shop retail business that the wife manages once she closes from her place of work - shes a teacher
They have a sales girl in the shop
After Two years of Marriage the guy told me that they wanted to move to a one bedroom apartment but they wife insisted that they get a land in sango with the money
They are building their own house now, although they do not intend to leave there but he said its another business for them
They have a son now and he said that once they finish the house and rent some parts out they will move to a one bedroom
My dear anything is possible it just depends on you
Even if u earn 1m per month if u don't know how to organize urself, it still wont be enough.
Two years ago when they married the guy was actually earning less and the wife the same thing but they have been able to achieve even more than those that earn higher than them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hammefeez:

Let's start start by telling me how to learn Spanish

I'll be glad
I will mention you when we start the thread. Follow me and I will follow back
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
dfrost:

I'll open it today. Will mention you immediately.
Okies. Thanks. Expecting it
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Iamhatey:
Okies. Thanks. Expecting it

Hola! bosslady. Done.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by tomdon(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
Olumyyde:
Brother, with GOD ,determination n contentment,u sure can..i earn about 83k monthly n I'd be wedding in two months time by GOD'S grace. My fiancee is a diligent nurse,n I've also told her i dont cross my bounds to impress anyone. my brother,we can.cheers!

People get mind oo
Hope you're not planning to bring kids to come and suffer
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by 1by1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
I think..,You should redirect your question to a coupler. The should have better answers.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by divinelove(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
zubby55:
It depends on how you plan yourself...am earning 70k in Abj and still leaving very fine with my family and I hve also build a house by God's grace I will move in next year before my rent expires

Waaaat hw long have u been earning this 70k to almost be completing ur houz, kudos man. Ppl earning 250k for over 5yrs can't even boost of one cool cool cool
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by icankel: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Handsomecole:
I don't know how to advice you. But Ist minus 22K bag of rice from your salary.
Are they gonna consume a bag of rice every month? He shld just cut his coat according to his size dats all
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Olumyyde(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
tomdon:

People get mind oo
Hope you're not planning to bring kids to come and suffer

By GOD'S grace,my children will not suffer,neither did i,or did u?cos i never said my wife to be is jobless..tnx.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ajayiopy: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
You need to know your wife's taste, if am in your shoe I will not for now. I started with 83k in 2008 when exchange rate was 117 and I still find it difficult because I was responsible for my siblings education and upkeep. I decided not to mention anything about marriage because I cannot sustain it financially. I am a kind of man that I don't ask women for money, I have my reasons for it. Guy gather well well and instruct you prick to relax for now until ground level. I wish you good luck

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by soulhighman(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Olumyyde:
This is the best comment I've ever read on Nairaland so far regarding starting a family with so so and so salary.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Skoopy(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Iamhatey:
I'm a lady please

Exactly, I don't miss my training everyday. I think I can write in it but can't really speak it.

Seriously, I wish to speak all the languages in this world cheesy. I admire your dad

Observation: don't you think you have something in common with @dfrost?

Just thinking aloud.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Olumyyde(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
ajayiopy:
You need to know your wife's taste, if am in your shoe I will not for now. I started with 83k in 2008 when exchange rate was 117 and I still find it difficult because I was responsible for my siblings education and upkeep. I decided not to mention anything about marriage because I cannot sustain it financially. I am a kind of man that I don't ask women for money, I have my reasons for it. Guy gather well well and instruct you prick to relax for now until ground level. I wish you good luck

pls let our choice of words show some mutual respect n decorum..i thought dis was for mature opinions. pls,sex isnt my priority, GOD has helped me n I'm still a virgin @32..so pls,mind ur choice of words,tnx sir.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Olumyyde(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
soulhighman:

This is the best comment I've ever read on Nairaland so far regarding starting a family with so so and so salary.

Tnx a lot,i appreciate it.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ebenholer(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
I will candidly Say that ur taste plays a strong role in how possible such Money could Last. There is absolutely no amount of salary seems sufficient But only investing in Business can ensure that...
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
Skoopy:

Observation: don't you think you have something in common with @dfrost?

Just thinking aloud.

Like what Skoopy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times / Creative Maternity Shoot Of Husband Putting A Pregnancy Into His Wife (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.