Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize (36906 Views)

Okiemute Ighorodje Blasts Her Benefactor After Winning MTN Project Fame / Okiemute Ighorodje In Church To Celebrate Her Victory As MTN Project Fame Winner / 25-year-old Okiemute Ighorodje Wins Season 9 Of MTN Project Fame West Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Triton1996(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2016
Project Fame, one of the biggest TV shows in Nigeria and West Africa generally has produced a lot of stars making waves all around the world. It produced Iyanya, Praiz, Chidinma,Olawale, Ayo, and many more.

However, the Season 9 of the show was just concluded some days back with another super star in the making, Okiemute Ighorodje as the winner. It was a great moment for her and her family as she was given a grand prize of N5Million, a Brand new SUV car and a recording deal worth millions of Naira

In an interview with SaharaWeekly’s Osho Oluwatosin, she revealed some topical issues about her career, how she will spend her money, the next step for her career and many more.

Excerpts below:

Q – Can you take us through your Background?

R – My name isOkiemute Ighorodje. I’m from Delta state, I’m 25-years old. I grew up in Delta state. I’m the third among four girls in my family. My dad is an Urhobo Man while my mum is a Delta-Igbo woman

Q – How do you intend to spend your money?

R – Money matter, dem no dey judge am o (laughs). We’ve had really great financial advisers come to the house and i picked one thing from each of them. All of them said one thing which is a very key thing. They said we should leave the money for a while and start thinking of what to do while keeping it away, and generate more funds.

Q – What’s the next step after Project fame?

R – Ahh, hard work. It doesn’t stop here.Infact, it has just started so it’s hard work, trying my best.

Q- Who were you close to among your colleagues?

R – I was close to Pere, because I’ve heard about him before then. We auditioned together from port-harcourt and before then, I’ve been hearing of Pere Davies. We’re musically inclined and as a singer, you get to hear about a particular musician who is equally good and the funny thing is there was a group where we share gospel truth, fact, ideas about God, Pere was there in that group too but the funny thing Is I didn’t even know. I just knew there was a Pere Davies but I wasn’t really looking forward to seeing him because it was just like a ghost communication and we both met at the audition. I didn’t even know he was the one until we got to top 24 and my friend told me he’s there too. I was surprised so we got closer since then.

Q – When was the most challenging moment?

R – Every moment was challenging because there was never a time we were given songs that we think we know it. Everything was challenging.

Q – Were your parents encouraging when you told them about your intention to go to Project fame?

R – I didn’t really tell them. I told them on the morning I was coming for auditioning and they both supported me. They know I love music and in my family, they support you in anything you want to do. Nobody pushes you.

Q –Lagos is a hub of entertainment, now that you won, do you see yourself relocating to Lagos?

R – Let’s look into the future for that.

Q – Was there anytime you felt discouraged during the competition?

R – There was not a time, every moment was encouraging.

Q – Who do you look up to in the entertainment industry?

R – I look up to my seniors. To me, music is everything I enjoy. I don’t really have a particular person. I just choose from all genres.

Q – Now as the winner of Project Fame season 9, what do you think fame will change about you?

R – I’m still going to be me, I won’t change. The only thing that will add to it is hard work

http://www.saharaweeklyng.com/how-i-intend-to-spend-my-n5million-grand-prize-mtn-project-fame-season-9-winner-okiemute-reveals/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by morereb10: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2016
good
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Chanchit: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Its just a pity that I didn't watch a single episode this year.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 27, 2016
good for her
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by icebebe(f): 11:54am On Sep 27, 2016
Who u epp?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Teniolasmart: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
next year will tell if she will be popular like chidinma and praiz and co

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by daveP(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Chanchit:
So you try pass me. Since Season 4 I haven't set eyes on this crap money waster. Where are all of them today.

MTN be giving out 10milla on Wwtbam/'show and getting back 100milla that very hour

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Invest in mmm and get 30% of it

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by ventilation: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by martineinstein(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
i pity dis lady....his extended families that hav 4gotten about her will suddenly remember that she exists

10 Likes

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by lifestyle1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ok.
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
If you get sense you go buy land, use am build house. Your financial advisers talk say make you leave the money, e be like say them no dey naija. When $1 = N1000,/then you will know what you have lost. You can build a very comfortable nice house using laterite bricks with that 5m and the worth will skyrocket in the next 5 years. Even if you're not going to live inside it.

25 Likes

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Jimiolay(f): 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Enjoy your shine ooo
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by SlaughterGang: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
WTF! This Girl is ugly...Her forehead is longer than 99% of the "Manchilds" joysticks in Romance section.

I wouldn't pay for her concert .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by abike12(f): 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Congrats to her!!! All sorts of family members will be calling now asking don't you remember me? My advice is to buy dollars with that money and just sit tight for now.

5 Likes

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Iseoluwani: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lala what's your view, how would you advice her

6 Likes

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by martineinstein(m): 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
mtn really tried on dis girl.i remember when she came for auditions,she was really ugly with washed make-up

thumbs up,miss ighorodje

2 Likes

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Jessidaisy4(f): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
smiley I so much love this girl, all her performances were just electric! She deserved to win, congrats, hope you make it big

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Pavore9: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
"Money matter, dem no dey judge am o"..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by gabazin080(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
steppin:
Delta-Igbo woman? So annoying when people use this.

locate the nearest lagoon and jump inside

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
Right now, am charging my phone in my neighbor's room and he is giving me sign to leave his room because his girlfriend is around.
But no way! I will not allow fornication to happen. God is against it!

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by steppin: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
Delta-Igbo woman? So annoying when people use this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Yeligray(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
VERY GOOD BUT DON'T FORGET THE POOR.

1 Like

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by piagetskinner(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good for her..never followed the project fame thingy

1 Like

Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by BE811APP: 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Rozaystunna(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
I blame Buhari for this
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by olaolulazio(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Iyaaaaaa miiiiii ooooooo
Okiemute opened her mouth wide like person Toto while singing that song.. Very inspiring song even tho I didn't hear d lyrics well.
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by olaolulazio(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
Chanchit:
There's gonna be another season9 in the dream land. Catch the moment there.
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Pavore9: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
Chanchit:

Me l have not watched for 3 years now! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by Christianwalas(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
intbizoil:
Invest in mmm and get 30% of it
Lols
Re: Okiemute Ighorodje: How I Intend To Spend My N5million Grand Prize by richidinho(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omotola, Mr Ibu, Mercy Johnson & Hubby At Inauguration Of Sierra Leone President / Davido Teaches His Son, Ifeanyi, How To Swim (Photo, Video) / Tiwa Savage, MoAbudu And Lai Mohammed (Caption The Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.