Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74620 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jokerphilics(m): 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
Bar. Wise up
U dn tell lazy bones (guy) wey dey luk for evergreen land what's ur taste. All doz wey u meet here go keep DAT in mind and implement it so u go dey tink say u dn meet d riteman. Be wise and don't let ur case b ones beaten twice shy.
My advice- just be very prayerful DAT u meet d "good" and rite man for u. He who is patient will always get d best. Persevere u hear.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Olabinwonu(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hi Seizethabae! I just read your posts, i'm interested in u, can we get to know each other, 08061309394, agunloyesherif@yahoo.com
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by RUDEBOYY(m): 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
I came to this hoping to see a picture of you...
So how will I say what's on my mind without seeing your face.
... You might be doing yourself a good advert if you have your picture here you never can what follows.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by introdee(f): 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
I swear this is me.being an introvert makes it difficult too

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by afroluxpaint: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
missjo:

You have an ex who you say is PERFECT,still you could not love him.

My diagnosis is that you operate on a peculiar wavelength that isn't common, trust me I know what I'm saying. Every human has a wavelength they operate on. If you were to put on an eye apparatus that is capable of detecting frequencies and sending the visual to your eye,you will understand what I'm saying.

A lot of people operate on similar wavelengths that may have different frequencies,but the catch is that these frequencies can superimpose on each other and blend. Your case is that you have a totally different frequency as well as wavelength from most normal people. Yes you are not normal!

Don't get mad yet,that you're not normal is not bad,it just means you're part of the less than 5% of people in the entire planet who fall under this category. I've met one other guy like that on this forum,cant mention his moniker so he doesn't bite my head off but I follow him. These group of people actually find it hard picking someone to get married to because there is always a fault to be noticed no matter how PERFECT the person is.

I'm going to guess that you're an ambivert,i.e a combination of introvert and extrovert. Another guess is that u like to read anything and everything, and you find that most people do not really understand you even part of your own family. Another guess is that your close friends are very few,as in VERY few and you haven't made new friends in a while. Most of your friends are old friends.
I also guess that you're someone who can have sex with someone and not add emotions to it,i mean just for the fun of it.
All guesses sha,so correct me on the wrong ones.

The solution is this,you should understand that for people like you, love is not what you need to marry. You only need to marry someone whom you would like enough not to see their faults or someone who is on the exact same frequency and wavelength as you,the latter is harder.

Are you into the science field,or do you just see yourself liking anything that has to do with figuring out how things work? smiley

you must be too good at what you do missjo. this is me you talking about
at late 30s stil having problem in my choice of woman. im following your advice straight away though ive always had at the back of my mind, i dont need love to marry eventhough there are things i would never compromise.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sirTesco(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
I love´this, first. I must thank you for your sincerity.There is a solution to this and is very simple if you dont mind.
1.Tell your priest/ pastor about this and ask for his prayer
2.Buy this books,Holy Bible, THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE BY JOHN MASON, THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEAN HILL
3.Avail yourself in church activity
PLEASE,
NOTE.Before the end of the last page by John mason and Nepolean Hill,the light ll shine.It work miracle. This secret is a Treasure if you wholeheartly applied it, seeing you celebrating.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ogboni76(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ur way sef made me smile... Ban or no Ban the koko of the matter be sey matter don tire martha...enjoy the rest of ur evening bro..
Good night...
BTW..been tying for a while to change my moniker without creating a new one here.. People don't seem to see beyond the "ogboni" e don tire me jare, that's why I decided to be a ghost reader....

amunkita:

Hahahahahahaha, laughing hard with the embolden..

If u know what it takes to build a 5 month ban on Nairaland from 3days, u will keep that threat..

Anyway, I gbadun ur way...
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
I rarely comment on nairaland, but inbox please. #onlymaturedmindwillunderstand#
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by pstsofi(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Yes u will but at d ryt tym and to the ryt man. If u don't mind am interested let's give it a try. Here is me 08172819892 Vic
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
You sound like Linda ikeji.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Mhizjay(f): 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
Thanks sis,but pls is dis my situation normal?

Babe,its Normal...its just not yet your time,you should know best since you are close to God. I put this in my prayers whenever i pray that God should instill the spirit of love,patience and humbleness in me,maybe you should put it in ur prayers too. And you should have a personal communication with God,give him a time limit (like before this date i want to get my soulmate,husband).
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by cescky(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Gabby91:
I will certainly download it. Thanks smiley

Ur always welcome .... smiley

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abike12(f): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
aunty abike? how many times did i call you,??never said I didn't advice you o!,you and I know that the trouble with you ladies is in selection/picking, (respect to few that are truly going through some terrible spiritual manipulation s from the pit of hell),you ladies pick men out of greed,I am a counsellor and a public speaker aunty, una need to re package una picking skills wallahi!,no one will advice or want a close person to fall in to wrong hands, but the truth is that u women contribute 97% of the reason for your wrong choices, do your research and you will be surprised, you guys prefer Lies over truth,I counsel people like you daily, I know the dig,Go to most churches today, majority of the congregation are the Singles and searching group,('YET TO BE MARRIED'!!most of the cases are Self Inflicted /Caused. Your blood dey hot ba!

Don't worry about me, I've learned my own lesson. I am very sure of what I'm saying, Mr Counselor. God is not an author of confusion, show me the part of the bible where it says a woman is better off in a miserable marriage than single and searching. Show me the place where God said his promise for us is to marry the wrong man out of desperation...

A lot of the women who are miserable because they are single are just impatient or they have other problems. They also are not privileged to see the hell that some women who rushed into marriage are facing today.

@ seizethaBae, balance well and invest your salary, eat good food, rub good cream and go on holiday. It will happen and you will be glad you didn't settle out of fear.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by bettercreature(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Just reading comments.............@27 shocked shocked shocked
Youth of this century sha
What of us who are 37 and above?

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Jeb007: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

just sent you an email, please reply back, it could lead to something.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by gidjah(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
sexymoma:
Op i must confess as a lady it possible for you not to get married to the person you love
buh the person who loves you....
let me tell you the truth here... person wey we dey always run after nor dey run after us ooo ooo...
leave that lil space for love to exist in your heart..
it happened to me too... i was busy running after lies, nd my boo been begging me for almost a year, i nor gree.

@sexy moma, you killed it dear, that was what I have been trying to let her know from my write up, she is not giving any gap for the love from the other party, she wants it her way,her style, her own, but no no, it will even do well if it is the other person doing the perfect chasing ,then you open up gradually and let love lead the way,once again great piece sexy one
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by habsydiamond(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Sis u ought to know that the God who has been answering since all this while isn't sleeping. He is mainly not answering now because he doesn't want to fall victim to guys who smile outside but dangerous inside. Just keep praying and very soon God will surprise u with the bone of ur bone, flesh of ur flesh. Its not late for u. If u are saying this what do you expect for a 40yrs old who has never been toasted before in her life not to talk of having an Ex. Be patience ma sista. U will smile soon.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wow! #fistbump smiley kiss
Onegai:
There's a difference between dating a guy you're not sure of and dating a guy you are wondering what you're doing there. I have been on dates where I wondered what made my legs come to this place and i have been on dates where I was hoping the guy would like me but inside me I was baffled why I was setting my standards so low.

See, if you think this longings you have and loneliness you feel are bad, try getting married to someone whom in a year's time you think to yourself "maybe I should have waited a bit longer". That is the truth of so many marriages, each spouse thinking "maybe, just maybe if I had stayed a bit longer, the next guy/girl was The One". So don't rush. The only people who can live a happy life in a loveless marriage are those whom are able to effectively distance themselves from any sort of emotion: happiness doesn't carry them away and neither does Sorrow. They are pragmatic to the core. That's less than 15% of the world's population. You're not one of them, because this is getting to you. You get?

If the pressure gets to you, get off social media. Why bombard yourself with a million pics of your classmates posting pictures of smiling babies and happy husbands and blissful peace? You're not jealous, just being sensible: no need to punish yourself looking at cake when you're dieting. You get?

What are your interests? Go find them. It is better to find someone who likes you the way he met you. So if you like going out, it's better to meet a guy in a club than meet him in church and pretend to be what he wants for a ring and dying inwardly. Go pursue your interests.

When you meet a guy, take a look at your list. Find the one thing that you really need, not what you desperately want. The first thing in my list was a Strong Sense of Humour and Wit. But every single witty guy i met didn't want me. Guys are weird, they want girls they can impress, not girls that can match up to their skills. That Intelligence factor you crave, well those guys will friendzone you so quickly for that chick who thinks a Sidney Sheldon novel is deep intellectual thinking and puts up motivational pictures which she barely understands. That's why every wise woman will tell you to "laugh at his jokes and don't crack yours wink". You get?

Live and love your life. Don't wait around for Prince Charming, go out there, attend the ball like Cinderella did. He may be waiting there. Enjoy this minute because you are never getting it back. You get?

You're gonna be fine. Fist bump!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abike12(f): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
aunty abike? how many times did i call you,??never said I didn't advice you o!,you and I know that the trouble with you ladies is in selection/picking, (respect to few that are truly going through some terrible spiritual manipulation s from the pit of hell),you ladies pick men out of greed,I am a counsellor and a public speaker aunty, una need to re package una picking skills wallahi!,no one will advice or want a close person to fall in to wrong hands, but the truth is that u women contribute 97% of the reason for your wrong choices, do your research and you will be surprised, you guys prefer Lies over truth,I counsel people like you daily, I know the dig,Go to most churches today, majority of the congregation are the Singles and searching group,('YET TO BE MARRIED'!!most of the cases are Self Inflicted /Caused. Your blood dey hot ba !

Your comment shows that you are the one with hot blood. What is the cause of your anger towards me? Are you hurt that a woman didn't settle for you? Please advice the OP and go away, don't face me because I don't even know you from anywhere. Strange behavior

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
My dear sister it may not be your fault but fault of generation in which you find yourself or the system that gives rooms to homosexuality,terrorimunemployment militancy,rhebellion...the youngmen are too busy to remember that some are waiting for their hands on the alter. However, dont forget to put baby mamahood into consideration, dont also forget and consider being a single. dont mind me anyway

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
if u guys no d level of my seriousness walah iu wont take it as a joke. shams040 im not here to look for patner/husband but to find experience pple to diagnose what could be wrong with me or if it happens to most ladies before they settle down. Experience pple pls respond plsssss

Hey dear listen i am a guy but i will try to empathize with you and give my humble advise. Look age has nothing to do with this.

1. learn to love yourself first then you would fully appreciate your uniqueness as an individual

2. After you have learnt to love yourself you would understand that the term "diagnose what is wrong with me should never come up here" Being single doesn't mean there's any thing wrong with you, it just means that you have only been meeting people who dont deserve that slice of deliciousness you are as a person.

3. Its not just you its the age we are in, times change, ideologies change people change... during our parents time people used to get married at 16, 17 0r 18. As at then that was the norm... today people wait much longer: i am 37 and single, though i would have loved to be married but hey rather be single than end up with a wrong partner.

4. Relax and enjoy life because trust me when you get married you wont have time for yourself with the kids, work and home splitting you in bits.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by gidjah(m): 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
that's my pretty Angel @sisioge, you never cease to amaze me dear, so so proud of you, promise to show up whenever the Bell comes ringing, I owe you that dear, you my kind of person very Straight up.eku ise opolo o!
sisisioge:
Oh baby...I should buy you a drink! Whew! My story isn't far from yours o.

But relax...it will happen.

For someone not an eye sore, my case is freaking funny. The A loves B but B loves C story is just too real. And they say I'm doing shakara, some even say I'm an intentional bachelorette ( I no fit spell am jare) wetin we go do nau? Finding the One is an herculean task!

Here is my advice: try to live more and not think too hard about it. Treat yourself to some feel good therapy dear...expensive hair(no apologies, trust me it feels goooood to wear them) , nice perfumes (my sis just got the bottle of Marc Jacob that looks like a purse...been stealing it), lovely shoes and put on some lipstick! Ogbeni, live a little by enjoying your spinsterhood while it last. You will soon be responsible for plenty people wink

By the way, I no be your mate for age o...my mama dey presently confused about my status sef. My bestie is married to a guy she met within a year! They met here on NL o( they just saw each other and knew straight up) I never fail to point out their luck to them. No be say guys aren't coming, we just no dey jive ni. A particular Nairalander has turned it to fight for me after I told him straight up its a nono for me after an exchange of about three emails. Wetin person go do nau...we owe ourselves the responsible of finding the One lest we create dysfunctional homes. I miss the companionship, I miss the sense of being a team mate, I seriously can't wait to procreate, I envy my friends with those wonderful kids mehn...but I want a man who would light me up like a bulb.

You will find... Just relax.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by amunkita(m): 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
ogboni76:
Ur way sef made me smile... Ban or no Ban the koko of the matter be sey matter don tire martha...enjoy the rest of ur evening bro..
Good night...
BTW..been tying for a while to change my moniker without creating a new one here.. People don't seem to see beyond the "ogboni" e don tire me jare, that's why I decided to be a ghost reader....

Sincerely, if u know u don't ve any likeness for that fraternity, plead on seun to change ur moniker cous he has done same on one of my moniker that provokes his Mod...
Sincerely, only 1% of people here would see beyond that moniker.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sisisioge: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
that's my pretty Angel @sisioge, you never cease to amaze me dear, so so proud of you, promise to show up whenever the Bell comes ringing, I owe you that dear, you my kind of person very Straight up.eku ise opolo o!

Thanks dude...putting you on the guest list already wink
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by gidjah(m): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
abike12:

Your comment shows that you are the one with hot blood. What is the cause of your anger towards me? Are you hurt that a woman didn't settle for you? Please advice the OP and go away, don't face me because I don't even know you from anywhere. Strange behavior
,a beg no vex ma, meant no harm, we be friends o, no diss dear,good luck to all the ladies jare
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by luvola(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

can I meet u ? Name -Ola , late 20s and a chartered accountant in the next few month. based in Lagos. Ciao
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abike12(f): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
,a beg no vex ma, meant no harm, we be friends o, no diss dear,good luck to all the ladies jare

Please watch the counsel you are giving people. A lot of people have rushed into marriage because they don't want to become Aunty and now they are living in bitterness. Marriage can be very sweet, even with its ups and downs. Leave people for their God appointed time. It's not like the OP is picky or proud, is it until she marries a mad man from the street? I don't find that joke funny. Nobody jokes with you men to marry just anybody.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by iyisco2001(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
seagullbabz:

Do not let this bother you. Sooner or later you will meet the person who has been destined for you. I am in a similar situation, and I am not worried, eve though my friends are married and I don't even have a gf yet. You know why?, coz I av seen people who just meet themselves in 3months, and are having a great married life. Just keep being social, go out and meet people. Be good

sad lipsrsealed
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ayofag(m): 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

I understand exactly how you feel, True and sincere love is amazing and beautiful. Loving someone and being loved more. Someone you cant wait to share how you spent your day with. The guy that will give you his all. Be truthful and loving at the same time. That guy is somewhere close. God is waiting for the perfect time to link you up with him. He is making sure you are ready and all this are put in place before bringing you guys together. Be friendly and dont raise your standards, always smile and remain prayerful. When you meet him, you will ever forget you once felt lonely. God's gat you girl. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

u friendzoned all ur male friends and u are here complaining? grin

4 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by abike12(f): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
luvola:

can I meet u ? Name -Ola , late 20s and a chartered accountant in the next few month. based in Lagos. Ciao

See packaging! cheesy
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
chronique:
Brother in the Lord,I see what you're doing. grin grin. However,it won't be nice to move in now. PMs go don plenty and confusion will certainly set in. From experience,we should never allow lighting strike twice in the same place.
bro tuale. U are wise. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) / Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.