Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74701 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Boyooosa(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
willibounce1:

Mr. Akpan...oniranu
Why did you say so?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Sirbun: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
Write me immediately or whatsapp me.. 004915145930419 or 004915217118711,, I don't care where you came from just reach me
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nne, there is nothing to worry about again, you can pitch you tent with me,,
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ojinuocheibi(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
will you marry me?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Hiploko(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Many people share same concerns. Male and female cry
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sekundosekundo: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
if u guys no d level of my seriousness walah iu wont take it as a joke. shams040 im not here to look for patner/husband but to find experience pple to diagnose what could be wrong with me or if it happens to most ladies before they settle down. Experience pple pls respond plsssss

Pls it's not too late for you to get married. My wife was 31 when I married her so believe in yourself and God.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jbcul4ril(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
You must give everyone a chance but NO sex. Till you find that serious determined one you love and loved you too. Councelin is key to successfully marriage. God see you through.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ATK4Joy(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Just be prayerful my dear! God is in control! The riight man will show up soon
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by judaboom: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

Frankly, I would not say it's a thing to worry about much. That's how you get married by not worrying about if he would marry you. Obviously you've spent too much time in relationships hoping it leads to marriage and dreaming of that perfect wedding.
What you should avoid is building castles in the air. Be with a man because you want to know him, you don't have to even date him. You like him befriend him. Talk to him when you get a chance find out if he's got a gf very important. Don't build any notions when he starts noticing you more, he just sees you as one more vagina in a world of different kinds of vaginas, it's like seeing ripe mangoes in the market or queuing around junctions to buy corn. It's every where with different flavors. Yours isn't special.
If after three months he hasn't stopped trying to sleep with you and just accept your friendship move on.
If he has then you broaden the scope of your friendship. Talk about work, invite him over on weekends for free food but make sure he's out of your house before 7:00.
If you still like the dude after the 6th month I'd say gradually faze into the romance, he must be used to coming over by then, telling you about work, maybe even gossiping with you, he might tell you about all your other competitors giving you first hand information required to discourage any other babe.
Don't nag him, but scold him when he does things you don't approve of so he knows how you feel about it. If he does it again ignore him. Let his conscience be the judge, see if he doesn't apologise.
Don't starve him of food because you're angry. And don't insult him in public. And when his blindness finally clears. Tell him what you are ready to tolerate in a relationship before you even begin. Let him decide if you are his jackpot or not. If you are then you shouldn't spend more than a year getting him to see you as that golden ticket he wouldn't like to lose.
I'm a dude though you are older and in already in love with someone and I've been learning about her for the past two years and some and this is how she got me thinking of marriage. Though I'm yet to propose. Still you wanted advice and I was seriously bored and decided to oblige you. Hope you read this sha.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dear op, I do exactly what you mean. Like you, I finished school early @21 yrs. I'm 25, working and live alone. I am not rich but I can take care of the few needs I have (as long as I don't get greedy, I'm fine). I didn't play games in school for fear they'd come back to haunt me later. Now, I think I'm ready but I have not been fortunate to be 'toasted '. Only guys who want side chicks. I have this uncanny ability to fall for people who don't want me. I also seem to be a great friend, so I'm told, just not exactly the kind that inspires romance. I have friends both males and females, married and single. Just not that one special person. I get sad about it sometimes. Now, mostly I just ask God to turn it off, to turn this need/craving for something I might never have. I just ask for the meekness to learn to be content.
seizethaBae:

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Heartibaby(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Heartibaby:

My dear i understand perfectly how you feel. Ur post sounds like the story of my life. But NL is not the place to get meaningful advice AT ALL. There is a group on facebook called Female In Nigeria (FIN) that will really be helpful to u. I found a particular post there where thousands of Nigerian ladies were advising the younger ones on things they wished they had known before they got married. It was really refreshing to me. If u are interested u can email me ur fb ID so that can add u. U can only be added by a member. But im sure u have hundreds of fb contacts who are members
Many of the ladies there who had married early said they wished they had waited till thier late twenties or early thirties. I was quite surprised and their reasons opened my eyes.

Forget most of the comments people are writing here. They just dont get it. I dont think u are choosy, unserious or a former runs girl as someone here insinuated. I just beleive that everyone's life timetable is different. I too was done with university before i was 21, got a veey good job at 23. I am not perfect but i am not that bad. Have been in only 2 relationships before now, serious church girl, people say im pretty, by God's grace im intelligent, speak well and from a good family. But did marriage come immediately? No. At a point i felt there was something wrong with me. I even had a suitor who seemed perfect but i couldnt love at gun point. It was so bad that my mind will tune out 5 mins into our conversations. I found him that boring. I began to feel guilty, thinking i was passing up a great suitor. But i stood my ground, i cant be bored the rest of my life. I doubled my service to God and refused to be anxious abt marriage. And it happened when i wasnt even thinking abt it or looking for love. Softly someone i had known for a long time (secondary school) came back into my life. We clicked and connected and we are planning marriage. I am same age as u. So my dear i will advise u to get out there, meet people, be nice, be active on social media, pray, trust God and take ur mind off it. It will happen when ure not bothering abt it. I know its hard but force ur mind off it and no matter what dont settle. Its better to marry late than to marry wrong. Pray for God's guidance. There is nothing wrong with u. God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ebujany(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
The difference between here and there is T, it means time. Keep your head up sis Gods time's the best
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by chronique(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Brother in the Lord,I see what you're doing. grin grin. However,it won't be nice to move in now. PMs go don plenty and confusion will certainly set in. From experience,we should never allow lighting strike twice in the same place.
Cutehector:
Chronique
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by MrPresident1: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
What can God not do?

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by yuzedo: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ah! The Marriage Topic. Everyone's favorite discourse. smiley

Nne, you know the "what", now you need the "why" to find the "who"...

WHY do you want to get married? Really. Personally, when I thought I wanted to get married, it was on the premise of the Bible passage, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing - and obtains favor from the Lord."

.. I wanted that favor.

But you know what? The same Bible says God makes the sun/rain minister to both the righteous and unrighteous.

So? I had to retreat for increased introspection.

And you know what I realised?

You cannot pour from an empty cup.

Think about that for a second... Who are you? And why should another human being desire what you represent? Are you happy with your life? How can you attract a quality, balanced person if you can't offer as much? How can you make someone else happy if you aren't?? Does another person's child really deserve your less than 100%? Can you, as your Bible advocates, love your spouse as yourself, even as Christ loved the church??

When you are ready to love someone else as much as yourself, committed duly to serving that person forever, and in that light, equipping yourself with the requisite skills, resources and mentality to succeed in your resolve, then, the necessary (i.e. the Who) will manifest, and maybe all will be well with your world. wink

Salute.

- Yuzedo writes from Ikoyi, Lagos, and despite the many many Biblical references is still the one to fück a bıtch real quick without superogatory double-takes or frivolous moral encumbrances.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by gretblue: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Op, this is more of Cook and Bull story.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seangy4konji: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
YOU ARE A BIG LIAR...
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to

Lady, You're just unlucky to come-by a dude by the name shegsky, if you are fortunately fortunate to see him or merely talk to him via phone, Na love at first sight o. If it doesn't work out, I promise to delete my Nairaland account.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
I won't type much. All i'll say is that you should take it easy and let life suprise you. For the meantime, try as much as possible to enjoy ya singleness. #iBowOut.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ogboni76(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
NOW DOES THAT SOUND FUNNY TO YOU?
Ogboni is a deep yoruba way of saying OGBENI
And as per your question.... NO I AM NOT A RITUALIST, atleast I used ogboni not some dumb sweet name that most guys use to lure ladies into their net and ended up strangling them to death....

amunkita:

Ogboni
Don't tell me u re looking for sacrifice..
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by MrPresident1: 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
yuzedo:
Ah! The Marriage Topic. Everyone's favorite discourse. smiley

Nne, you know the "what", now you need the "why" to find the "who"...

WHY do you want to get married? Really. Personally, when I thought I wanted to get married, it was on the premise of the Bible passage, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing - and obtains favor from the Lord."

.. I wanted that favor.

But you know what? The same Bible says God makes the sun/rain minister to both the righteous and unrighteous.

So? I had to retreat for increased introspection.

And you know what I realised?

You cannot pour from an empty cup.

Think about that for a second... Who are you? And why should another human being desire what you represent? Are you happy with your life? How can you attract a quality, balanced person if you can't offer as much? How can you make someone else happy if you aren't?? Does another person's child really deserve your less than 100%? Can you, as your Bible advocates, love your spouse as yourself, even as Christ loved the church??

When you are ready to love someone else as much as yourself, committed duly to serving that person forever, and in that light, equipping yourself with the requisite skills, resources and mentality to succeed in your resolve, then, the necessary (i.e. the Who) will manifest, and maybe all will be well with your world. wink

Salute.

- Yuzedo writes from Ikoyi, Lagos, and despite the many many Biblical references is still the one to fück a bıtch real quick without superogatory double-takes or frivolous moral encumbrances.

Omo, people get brain for this Nairaland o shocked

Salute!

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Just a passer by though,but i pray you find your dream man,am just a 17 year old male,so i dont have anything to say OP

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jbhitler(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
please,look behind the scene OK.I want to ask you some questions OK.have you noticed such trend in your family? how is your dream life like? do you make love in dream? one beauty of it is that,you are very sensitive for noticing it.it is better tackling it younger than older.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by kulrunsman79(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
At 27, that shouldn't over burden you. Believe u me, better man is on the way!

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Heartibaby(f): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
Gabby91:
Dear op, I do exactly what you mean. Like you, I finished school early @21 yrs. I'm 25, working and live alone. I am not rich but I can take care of the few needs I have (as long as I don't get greedy, I'm fine). I didn't play games in school for fear they'd come back to haunt me later. Now, I think I'm ready but I have not been fortunate to be 'toasted '. Only guys who want side chicks. I have this uncanny ability to fall for people who don't want me. I also seem to be a great friend, so I'm told, just not exactly the kind that inspires romance. I have friends both males and females, married and single. Just not that one special person. I get sad about it sometimes. Now, mostly I just ask God to turn it off, to turn this need/craving for something I might never have. I just ask for the meekness to learn to be content.

My dear the timetable of everyone's life is different. Ur post is like the story of my life. I admire young, focused and accomlished women. The man who knows ur worth will come and u will be happy. Its just a matter of time. U will look back on this season of ur life and laugh. Just keep being u, it will happen when u dont even expect it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
I rarely comment on nairaland, box me please. #maturedmindonlywillunderstand#
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Damola00: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
1. Love Yourself:::You won’t find someone who can truly love you if you don’t love yourself first. Until you have self-love you won’t have
love to give; you can’t give what you don’t have. Plus, you’ll expect a man’s love to give you what you should be giving yourself — and that will make you needy. When you fall in love with you, you’ll be ready to meet a man who feels the same way.
2. Feed Your Soul::: Negative and hopeless people are not attractive. They repel love and
make themselves and others miserable. It’s hard to stay positive when you give yourself the same negative messages over and over again. Give yourself quick access to books, CD’s,
movies, music, food, wine and people that can support you, make you happy, keep you positive
and in balance, and help you stay hopeful.
3. Don’t Rush! Be Patient::: Take it slow. Let things happen. Let go of the outcome. Trust that everything will work out. When you’re single it’s hard not to feel desperate and needy. Being impatient causes you frustration and stress. Hold the thought that the man who is right for you will show up at the right time and place. With patience you will be happier and more available to receive the gift of love when it shows up.
4. Look! Don’t Judge:::. Observe before you jump to any conclusions. Stop rushing to judgment with the men you meet. Stop assuming the negative. It is a turn off that chases people
away. “If you judge other
people you have no time to love them.” Wake up! Open your eyes to every guys who you meet and you might just meet the love of your
life.
5.Step Outside Your Comfort Zone:::. Love won’t necessarily walk into your life if you only do things that you find are comfortable. Doing the same things repeatedly and expecting a new result is insanity defined. To get new
results you need to do new things. Shake things up a little. Learn
something new. Meet some new people who like what you like.
6.Make Peace With Your Past:::. Come to terms with your past relationship(s). Forgive yourself
and everyone else associated with the pain of the past. It’s a learning curve and everyone has
one! Set yourself free. Forgive people the pain they caused. Forgive yourself for causing people pain! Let it all go and you will no longer be a victim of the past!
7. Be Kind to Everyone All the Time:::There is only love with kindness. People instantly
recognize and are attracted to kindness. If you learn how to be kind to people, whether you’re
attracted to them or not, you will find that people, even the right guy , will be drawn to you.
8. Have Courage:::. When you’re dating, speak up for yourself, honor your boundaries, and tell
the truth. Show that you have strength of character and conviction. Show that you aren’t
afraid to face fear. Don’t shy away from a challenge. Stare reality and the tough situations and decisions it often brings straight in the face.
9. Be Realistic::. Face the facts. Stop telling yourself little lies. Don’t make excuses for anyone’s bad behavior. Call it the way you see it. Don’t ignore red flags that are screaming at you that something or someone is wrong for you. Don’t waste precious time. Know the truth and it will set you free.
10. Listen to Your Inner Voice::Trust your intuition! Listen to the voice inside your head. Don’t let outside influences mislead you.
Friends and family mean well, but they don’t always know what it is your best interest. Don’t
rely on astrologers and psychics to tell you what’s right for you. Carefully evaluate and weigh all the advice you receive from any and all source. Come to your own conclusions and trust your own inner knowing.

God bless You!!!

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

Obviously, your problem is that you're picky, arrogant and self-centred and as a result, you aren't getting the right person. However, if you can change your character a little bit, of course you will get married. Trust me.

Sometimes, very pretty women think that they can easily get married without paying attention to other qualities in which men look for.

Furthermore, you could have travelled abroad. Who knows? One of these guys may find you spectacular.

Again, don't always try to prove people wrong, it doesn't work like that.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Gabby91:

There are many wife Materials on nairaland, this is a good Development, it would ease in the search for me.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jelal007(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Chubhie:
You place premium on intelligence.Has it occurred to you that your ideal husband could be too busy locked away with passion in putting his intelligence to work?

Paths MUST be crossed either through angelic orchestration or self-help.

Dont appear desperate cos an intelligent dude can spot such from one mile radius.

Look for locations or places you feel your ideal intelligent dudes congregate and adapt to such environments.

Iron sharpens iron.you MUST first become that which you desperately seek.

It must be a give and take situation with that which you seek or you end up bored and miserable with them.

Can you be comfortable with a Seun sitting in front of his computer all day and coding in alien languages without having his bath?

You talk of an ex being all perfect yet you can't love him? You must understand that love is a fleeting sensation and barely enough to see you through marriage.

If that your ex ticks all the other boxes why not work on yourself and reconsider him?

You can not have everything on a plater of gold else that's rigging from your maker.

Perhaps,your maker is looking up to you to make this one decision.Such a wise God!
Brotherly,U're mouthed. U just spoke my mind. @seizethabae needs 2 read this.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Eddodoh(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
You will some day get married bae,you just need to get a lil bit more less strict and reduce your yard lines drawn.i wanna believe fine men come close,but your feelings ain't there,would you want the kind of person you will have feelings for or vice versa?,
Iife is not most times how we want it to get played,love grows with time too, the person you tend not to have feelings for today,might b d one your feelings gets strongest for with time ,that's how love grows .if it grows with time, it will stay permanent,you will have to let your love grow with some nice guy out there,watch it ,tend it,water it and watch it grow to stay forever.you are pretty young,that's why you are still feeling this way,but mind you ,age is never on your side,you grow old daily,watch it,I pray it does get better with you.gat an older sis who was just
LIke you,she started like you,finished her school very young ,na so we talk to her,she go say,'this one ,I don't have feelings for,''that one he is not minding me'..bla bla bla..to make the short story long,my older sis works with the accountant general of the federation as the head,she is well over fourty today but guys have stopped coming!,she is still there with all the comforts she has,was with 'aunty'few days ago, age no be here o, she told me she gets depressed dail over how she has been,and how she has treated guys,..with all the cars and affluence,na only married guys dey show for her side!.her pastor even asked her to keep her cars at home and start trekking may be boys will show up,...for were !!??
Where do you based because I owe you a lunch. What a fabulous piece of advice?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by cescky(m): 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
seizethaBae:

I made sure to quote you so that hopefully you will see my message.

Please google and download this book

"Power Of Your Subconcious Mind"
By Joseph Murphy .

If u can't find it alert me I'll send a copy to you.
....this may sound vague but if ur really serious about finding YOUR man. Please just get the book or download it, it's free if u don't get it., I'll help u out . When ur through with this book you will bless me always.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / Germany-Based Nigerian Marries An Old Man, Sparks Reactions / What My Wife Does Whenever We Have A Disagreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.