Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74627 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2016
lets CHAT ON WHATSAPP 08030593258
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by cescky(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
seizethaBae:
Thanks papi, pls can u send a copy to seizethabae@yahoo.com.

sorry ihavent logged in since then

but ijust saw this..... ive sent

Read it oo...remember the most successful people in work,marriage. etc are all readers take your time and digest the book and lemme know what u think.......
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sure,i will read nd digest it grin. Thanks

cescky:

sorry ihavent logged in since then

but ijust saw this..... ive sent

Read it oo...remember the most successful people in work,marriage. etc are all readers take your time and digest the book and lemme know what u think.......
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by cescky(m): 12:18am On Oct 12, 2016
seizethaBae:
Sure,i will read nd digest it grin. Thanks

cheesy

good to see your smiling,
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Aviero: 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
yuzedo:
Ah! The Marriage Topic. Everyone's favorite discourse. smiley

Nne, you know the "what", now you need the "why" to find the "who"...

WHY do you want to get married? Really. Personally, when I thought I wanted to get married, it was on the premise of the Bible passage, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing - and obtains favor from the Lord."

.. I wanted that favor.

But you know what? The same Bible says God makes the sun/rain minister to both the righteous and unrighteous.

So? I had to retreat for increased introspection.

And you know what I realised?

You cannot pour from an empty cup.

Think about that for a second... Who are you? And why should another human being desire what you represent? Are you happy with your life? How can you attract a quality, balanced person if you can't offer as much? How can you make someone else happy if you aren't?? Does another person's child really deserve your less than 100%? Can you, as your Bible advocates, love your spouse as yourself, even as Christ loved the church??

When you are ready to love someone else as much as yourself, committed duly to serving that person forever, and in that light, equipping yourself with the requisite skills, resources and mentality to succeed in your resolve, then, the necessary (i.e. the Who) will manifest, and maybe all will be well with your world. wink

Salute.

- Yuzedo writes from Ikoyi, Lagos, and despite the many many Biblical references is still the one to fück a bıtch real quick without superogatory double-takes or frivolous moral encumbrances.
Hay God! cry cry See wit abeg! I'm fûcking in love with you. Come and marry all my sisters, biko!

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 21, 2016
STENON:
Interesting topic. It has not been easy most especially for Good ladies to find the right man.
The right guy has always stared you in the face.... with dozens of pm....if his not making the move show him.someone green lights....... the clock is thicking.....don't end up like pearl
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by CBNIM: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
missjo:

You have an ex who you say is PERFECT,still you could not love him.

My diagnosis is that you operate on a peculiar wavelength that isn't common, trust me I know what I'm saying. Every human has a wavelength they operate on. If you were to put on an eye apparatus that is capable of detecting frequencies and sending the visual to your eye,you will understand what I'm saying.

A lot of people operate on similar wavelengths that may have different frequencies,but the catch is that these frequencies can superimpose on each other and blend. Your case is that you have a totally different frequency as well as wavelength from most normal people. Yes you are not normal!

Don't get mad yet,that you're not normal is not bad,it just means you're part of the less than 5% of people in the entire planet who fall under this category. I've met one other guy like that on this forum,cant mention his moniker so he doesn't bite my head off but I follow him. These group of people actually find it hard picking someone to get married to because there is always a fault to be noticed no matter how PERFECT the person is.

I'm going to guess that you're an ambivert,i.e a combination of introvert and extrovert. Another guess is that u like to read anything and everything, and you find that most people do not really understand you even part of your own family. Another guess is that your close friends are very few,as in VERY few and you haven't made new friends in a while. Most of your friends are old friends.
I also guess that you're someone who can have sex with someone and not add emotions to it,i mean just for the fun of it.

All guesses sha,so correct me on the wrong ones.

The solution is this,you should understand that for people like you, love is not what you need to marry. You only need to marry someone whom you would like enough not to see their faults or someone who is on the exact same frequency and wavelength as you,the latter is harder.

Are you into the science field,or do you just see yourself liking anything that has to do with figuring out how things work? smiley
Just stumbled on this thread n got wowed by this post!

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by STENON(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
singlessubway:

The right guy has always stared you in the face.... with dozens of pm....if his not making the move show him.someone green lights....... the clock is thicking.....don't end up like pearl
thank you sir.Happy weekend to you.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
CBNIM:

Just stumbled on this thread n got wowed by this post!
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
I share similar experience.. but I'm confident that very soon I'll find that man that will inspire me to love the good, bad and ugly bits of him.. It's quite a challenge though.. but I trust God.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by bencarson007(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired

Sorry I quoted your entire story.
Men are smart beings.
They look for women of worth.
Stop looking and concentrate on improving yourself...

Trust me,there is one smart guy observing you silently. And the day you meet him,he gonna sweep you off ur feet.
My aunt married at 42 and still had a son as a blessing from God.

When the husband was not forth coming,she concentrated on improving herself and she even became a manager at the bank she works presently before the husband showed up.

Quitting your stay at home job and getting a job on the outside on the advice of your friend just so you can be outgoing is not a smart move or a guarantee that you will find a man.

Since you have been lucky in everything,just concentrate on working on yourself and when that man comes,you won't be un-ready (pardon that english murder-it was just for emphasis).

Sorry to say this and I might be wrong,if I ask you certain questions about life in marriage now,I trust you will fail 100%...

Stop looking for us my dear...We are already looking for you.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
Moi sista, as you come tell that lady for the oda thread say make she no come consider my suggestions, now I don begin de fear. Don't tell me say you go turn down my own marriage proposal too, because I don conclude tete say very soon I go carry all my village people come meet with your own people.

Make em no be say you go do me as that lady de do the guy way de reason her matta.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
I think i prefer when you write those fine-fine-big-big grammer than you writing in pidgin. smiley

Can we start this all over again?
This time in posh english.

Diplomaticbeing:
Moi sista, as you come tell that lady for the oda thread say make she no come consider my suggestions, now I don begin de fear. Don't tell me say you go turn down my own marriage proposal too, because I don conclude tete say very soon I go carry all my village people come meet with your own people.

Make em no be say you go do me as that lady de do the guy way de reason her matta.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
seizethaBae:
I think i prefer when you write those fine-fine-big-big grammer than you writing in pidgin. smiley

Can we start this all over again?
This time in posh english.

One thing is certain, I'm going to learn from you. . . . I hope you won't charge me for plagiarism.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by LoveJesus87(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
Am also single and searching grin seriously
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by LoveJesus87(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
seizethaBae:

Am also single and searching grin seriously inbox me make we talk
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by manigold: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2017
I hope it turned out well for you. This thread has been inactive for a while. In the event that your status has not changed, then feel free to take a risk with me.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sisisioge: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2017
Who dey wake this thread? Seizedatbea show face o.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Zither(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
manigold:
I hope it turned out well for you. This thread has been inactive for a while. In the event that your status has not changed, then feel free to take a risk with me.

Someone whom you don't even know neither have you seen. You try.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Zither(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
sisisioge:

Your positive attitude to life is inspiring. I love listening to people like you. Keep it up.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Lizy100: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=mastermaestro post=49788070]

From your maiden post it is clear that you aren't faced with a famine of suitors, just that you haven't found the one that matches your inner colour. Read and think carefully, my baby sister who got married at the twilight of 2015 actually got married to a guy she initially adjudged a mismatch. She confided in me how she didn't feel anything for him when he first asked her out. For many months her heart never panted a second for him.

I was far away. She called me on the phone one morning to discuss it with me. She told me how she wanted a guy as smart and sociable as myself and a cousin of mine. This guy wasn't close in many respects. That morning I had to open her mind to a few details about love and marriage. Well most important of all, I asked her to go enquire from the Creator of marriage if the dude was right for her. Yes I actually asked her to. Human judgments are usually flawed! It's extremely risky and a huge gamble as well for anyone to rely solely on themselves when choosing a lifetime bedroom mate. This is my belief.

After a few days she called me to tell me she hadn't found out anything yet. Well I told her that the guy was her soulmate. How I knew is something for another day. grin My sweet sister was distraught. cheesy The conversation lost steam and she hung up. grin Few days later she rang me to inform me she had confirmed what I told her. I wasn't interested in how she found out. Today they are married. She is overjoyed. They both call me all the time expressing their gratitude.

Moral lesson:

1. Don't chase after feelings of love.
2. Love is not enough.
3. The weak-looking one is usually the jackpot.
4. The flashy ones usually are a load of pain when you arrive home together.
5. Never lean on your own understanding when making the choice. It's a risk you may never be able to undo.[/quo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Lizy100: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=cescky post=49891061]

I made sure to quote you so that hopefully you will see my message.

Please google and download thi
....this may sound vague but if ur really serious about finding YOUR man. Please just get the book or download it, it
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sisisioge: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Zither:

Your positive attitude to life is inspiring. I love listening to people like you. Keep it up.

Thanks a ton grin
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jobbers: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
why
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
sisisioge:

Sisisioge; I'm here oo grin

Manigold; sup?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sisisioge: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
seizethaBae:

Sisisioge; I'm here oo grin

Manigold; sup?

Groovy!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by loshybab(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
seizethaBae:
Thanks all for your kind and wise advice.I really appreciate. @Chubhie;God bless you for putting up that piece together,indeed such a wise God we serve. But y wld i pray to God for 3solid years to have feelings for someone,did everytin possible for me not to lose this great guy,I TRIED I REALLY TRIED,yet nothing happen?. I really cant go deep discussing that relationship bcus he is a nairalander(he might put one or two tins togeda and figure out its me),but just picture NO SINGLE FEELINGS AT ALL,NONE THAT CAN EVEN MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK FOR 24HRS hence i treat him as i want,even tho im not a bad person dat treat people anyhow.
Dear sister,i really understand your pains and frustration in testing the right person.

In order to avoid crisis of understanding which advice to follow on this thread,you have to look critically and with a very open and calm mind at GIDJAH and CHUBHIE's inputs.

The reason why I said that is most intelligent ladies often end up with men that are also intelligent in their own right but not as intelligent as you are (though I dont have the statistical data).

To further compliment the above statement, look at the very intelligent mummies around you and check their husby out. Let me give some examples everyone will be familiar with;
Late prof. Dora Akunyili-do u personally know her husband? I guess not. her husband might actually be a professor too nd even a successful bizman but not as prosperous as his late wife
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala- her hubby might be stinkingly rich but not well known as the wife
Ezekwesili
Pauline Tauline- this plateau state ex-gubernatorial candidate recently lost her husband and I'm sure you don't know him as much as you do to the wife.

The list is endless my dear.What you rather need is a man who has intelligence(might be on par with yours or just below),maturity,focusand responsible.

I recently found myself in a similar fix.I've always admired intelligent ladies but maybe just less intelligent to my level but realised all my life,I've found myself with more intelligent ladies.So,i decided to change my mindset that,perhaps it's to upgrade myself coz I always do when in company of more serious ladies. I accept it as my destiny and more than willing to manage it rather than avoiding it.

Bottomline is look for a matured man whom u have feelings for and he also likes u,the likeness will grow or try to grow something for whoever has feelings for u coz before you know it or just as you're realizing it,age is not 'just' a number as some folks would say just to console themselves but a number with so much attached to it.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Fkforyou(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omo..this thread still dey alive? up till now una mean say the babe never marry? We want chop wedding rice..o

@seizethabae, Don't forget to invite we your fans..o when the wedding time comes.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by justanie(f): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
love is hard to come by right?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ImaIma1(f): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Seizethabae hope he has found you..
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by lastmessenger: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
Bla bla bla you all are confused folks.your problem is that you think love is that stuff you watch on TV. I'm sure guys have been talking with and then you still have not found anyone good enough. Choose one guy and love him a a human and your problem will be over.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 23, 2018
MISSOPTIMIST:
I share similar experience.. but I'm confident that very soon I'll find that man that will inspire me to love the good, bad and ugly bits of him.. It's quite a challenge though.. but I trust God.
i will like to marry u, let hook, deleola77@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.