Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,402 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:37 PM

Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) (25812 Views)

Ephraim Inyang-Eyen To Open Provision Store For 23-Year-Old Okada Rider / Solomon Dalung's First Wife Is Dead (Photo) / "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by kennyjam: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Adieu!
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by jared007: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
This was the man IBB asked that famous question: Where is Anini?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by paic: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
A very credible Nigerian with superlative integrity profile. Rest in peace, Sir.
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by tiwasiaife(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Oh what a tragedy. I happened to meet this man during my nysc sujourn at Enwang in Mbo local govt area of Akwa ibom. He's from from Ukokpan village in Enwang. This man was a father to all the corp members who were posted in his village.1.5km bridge linking ebughu the village were the controversial Sheriffs PDP judge came from and Enwang all in same Mbo was done by Ibb courtesy of this man. This man owns a castle thou a lot of visitors live in his place without paying a dime.He's a stunch Catholic and a communicant too. I sat with him during g the washing of feet at St.Patrick's parish Enwang during last supper mass.and I can't forget easily all he did for me in making sure my stay was memorable.I nearly married his granddaughter who graduated from fed govt college eket but the young pretty gal left for America thou still in touch with her so I still blv nothing is impossible.May the soul of Etim inyang rest in. peace Amen
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by firebrand011077(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
May his soul rest in peace, Amen...
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by electrokcoi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
U can bribe Nigerian police but they can't bribe death, u see their life?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by electrokcoi(m): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
HtwoOw:
I no sabi am
me too
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by Ekaka1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2016
In IBB's voice......"Etim Inyang, where is Anini".. smiley

May God console your family -Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by naptu2: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
Memories.

Press briefing outside the Council Chamber at Dodan Barracks (after council meeting).

Journalist asks President Babangida, "Where is Anini"? (The government had promised to arrest Anini).

Babangida turns to Etim Inyang and asks, "Where is Anini"? Etim Inyang starts stammering.

Etim Inyang was driving from Victoria Island to Ikoyi (on Five Cowrie Bridge) one day (after he was retired), when policemen at the check point on the bridge stopped him. They demanded for a bribe! (They probably didn't recognise him).

He reported the matter to their superiors, but members of the public kept asking, why didn't he eliminate bribe taking when he was IG?

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by eluquenson(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
RIP to him
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
" During his tenure, the crime wave billowed. In fact, high profile armed robbery incidents were not only the order of the day, but a constant taunt. It was the era of the dreaded Benin-based armed robbery gang led by Lawrence Anini, who glamourised the notorious trade, terrorizing the police and other citizen on"

Posterity isn't kind to him. Nothing to celebrate. .. RIP Anyway
who told u that there is nothing 2 celebrate? so he teleported 2 becoming d IG of police? use ur brain man.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by Davedoz(m): 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
tiwasiaife:
Oh what a tragedy. I happened to meet this man during my nysc sujourn at Enwang in Mbo local govt area of Akwa ibom. He's from from Ukokpan village in Enwang. This man was a father to all the corp members who were posted in his village.1.5km bridge linking ebughu the village were the controversial Sheriffs PDP judge came from and Enwang all in same Mbo was done by Ibb courtesy of this man. This man owns a castle thou a lot of visitors live in his place without paying a dime.He's a stunch Catholic and a communicant too. I sat with him during g the washing of feet at St.Patrick's parish Enwang during last supper mass.and I can't forget easily all he did for me in making sure my stay was memorable.I nearly married his granddaughter who graduated from fed govt college eket but the young pretty gal left for America thou still in touch with her so I still blv nothing is impossible.May the soul of Etim inyang rest in. peace Amen

Oga he is a stunch Methodist, he's a sir abi Knight or whatever they give them... I was there when he died. And I was the one that held him last. I didn't wanna break the news here first. I decided to respect his children. And I was mourning. So calm down bro. .

For those that think this man is a conventional police man. He is not. He is better than most pastors you see today. He is the only policemen in history that genuinely climbed from the smallest rank of police (cadet or whatever) to the highest (an I.G). He is the best old/elderly person I've ever been with. He changed my misconception on old people. Even at his age and achievements he is a perfect gentleman. He is a wonderful man. His best friend is a very poor man. He literally built the man's life up. He is a great father, grandfather and friend. I kiss him a lot. I tell him I love him all the time. He is that sweet and kind. I always told him how glad I am to come into his life. And how I wish I met him during his active years. I always pray to be as calm and peaceful as he is when I am 85years old. Very courteous and gentlemanly. RIP my favorite grand pa pa(that's how i call him)..... Sir Etim Okon Inyang a rare gem (it's not a cliché. This is someone that deserves that line)

THE IKPOTO ORON!!!!
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by KOMBE: 1:12am On Sep 28, 2016
In Babangida's voice, ''my friend where is Anini''. Etim Inyang struggled to find a solution to the notorious robber.
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by xreal: 1:39am On Sep 28, 2016
Sunday Adewusi died few months ago, now his successor, Etim Iyang is late; Muhammadu Gambo Jimeta succeeded late Etim Iyang in office.

I no talk anything ooo.
Where is Anini?

RIP to the dead.
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by justmenoni: 2:05am On Sep 28, 2016
Looking for snakes grin grin grin grin
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala now?
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by LUV1: 2:22am On Sep 28, 2016
No Jesus no life ,no hope. He can give you hope all you have to do is to accept him as your saviour and you have hope and everlasting life is yours. Jesus died for our sin,and rose on the second day he is lord amen.
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by juman(m): 3:00am On Sep 28, 2016
The generation of people that failed nigeria.
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by hardbody: 6:02am On Sep 28, 2016
WetinhappenPR:
A former Inspector General of Police, Sir Etim Inyang is dead. He died in Lagos on Monday. A family source who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed that the former police chief died after a brief illness. He died at the age 85.

Sir Etim Okon lnyang, born on 25 December 1931 was appointed IGP in 1983 to succeed Sunday Adewusi and was succeeded by Muhammadu Gambo Jimeta in 1986.

The street named after him in Victoria Island, Lagos, remains the most enduring epitaph for the Akwa Ibom born Etim Nyang, who held sway as police chief during the days of Nigeria’s self-styled military “President” cum “Maradona”.

During his tenure, the crime wave billowed. In fact, high profile armed robbery incidents were not only the order of the day, but a constant taunt. It was the era of the dreaded Benin-based armed robbery gang led by Lawrence Anini, who glamourised the notorious trade, terrorizing the police and other citizen on Benin/Asaba Road axis of the nation.

#WetinhappenPR wetinhappenPR.com

HE it was that still nabbed an anini. We should be fair to him, his era was peculiar, so the records and history books put it

1 Like

Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by hardbody: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2016
xreal:
Sunday Adewusi died few months ago, now his successor, Etim Iyang is late; Muhammadu Gambo Jimeta succeeded late Etim Iyang in office.

I no talk anything ooo.
Where is Anini?

RIP to the dead.

There is hierarchy in the force including the police. ...in life and..... undecided
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by cminca: 8:00am On Sep 28, 2016
R.I.P.P
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by tukdi: 8:07am On Sep 28, 2016
WetinhappenPR:
A former Inspector General of Police, During his tenure, the crime wave billowed. In fact, high profile armed robbery incidents were not only the order of the day, but a constant taunt. It was the era of the dreaded Benin-based armed robbery gang led by Lawrence Anini, who glamourised the notorious trade, terrorizing the police and other citizen on Benin/Asaba Road axis of the nation.

#WetinhappenPR wetinhappenPR.com
Op, I'm highly disappointed in your write-up!

You are trying to rubbish the man because he was not from your place!

Did you expect the IGP to come down from Lagos by himself to fight criminals, SMH!

Mtcheeeeeeew!!!
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by tukdi: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2016
tiwasiaife:
Davedoz:

Oga he is a stunch Methodist, he's a sir abi Knight or whatever they give them... I was there when he died. And I was the one that held him last. I didn't wanna break the news here first. I decided to respect his children. And I was mourning. So calm down bro. .
For those that think this man is a conventional police man. He is not. He is better than most pastors you see today. He is the only policemen in history that genuinely climbed from the smallest rank of police (cadet or whatever) to the highest (an I.G). He is the best old/elderly person I've ever been with. He changed my misconception on old people. Even at his age and achievements he is a perfect gentleman. He is a wonderful man. His best friend is a very poor man. He literally built the man's life up. He is a great father, grandfather and friend. I kiss him a lot. I tell him I love him all the time. He is that sweet and kind. I always told him how glad I am to come into his life. And how I wish I met him during his active years. I always pray to be as calm and peaceful as he is when I am 85years old. Very courteous and gentlemanly. RIP my favorite grand pa pa(that's how i call him)..... Sir Etim Okon Inyang a rare gem (it's not a cliché. This is someone that deserves that line)
THE IKPOTO ORON!!!!
Yeye dey smell for here! What's wrong with both of you?
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by ojomamah: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2016
Rip galant
Re: Ex-Police IG, Etim Inyang Is Dead (Photo) by shadrach77: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2016
Ekaka1:
In IBB's voice......"Etim Inyang, where is Anini".. smiley

May God console your family -Amen!!!

IBB didn't call his name oh! Didn't he know his name before? He only asked him thr question "Where is Anini?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React As South Africa High Commissioner To Nigeria Denies Xenophobia / PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released / Sit-at-home Orders: Declare State Of Emergency In Southeast – Ohanaeze To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.