Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? (6575 Views)

Poll: Which La Liga club do we replace Liverpool with?

Barcelona: 75% (15 votes)
Real Madrid: 25% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Weekly 1.2.X - 2013/2014 English Season Football Pools Forecasts/Results / WEEKLY - Aussie Season 2013 -1.2.X. Football Pools Forecasts/results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
Emperoh:

Really i wouldn't think this is necessary
Unless the mods are tired of posting the pre-match analysis, i don't see why people should feel left out.
By and large, the ultimate analysis rests with posters who come to air their views on what the final scores would be, the goal scorers, the possible hard nuts etc, which to me is where the main match analysts should come in

But asking people to volunteer to analyse weekend EPL or weekday UCL matches looks to me like duplication
and an idea that will run out of steam. . . . . my idea is, open the match threads as usual, anyone who feels the thread opening analysis is not spot on or deviated from what he/she wanted, can put up his/her or 'shims' tongue the primary aim is to get people to say what they feel about a match and also give us an indepth understanding of what is to follow.

The other thing i feel shoulda been debated on was the locking of the club threads during matches.
I don't know who's idea this was and what the main reason behind it is. . . if the Mod and SuperMod can let us in the know, i would appreciate
Forgive me if the reason has been said before. . . .i may have forgotten

I also feel the match thread should be integrated into their respective club threads. . . . . what will now happen is having to change
the heading of the club's thread to highlight that such a match is going on and debates on this should be going on within the club thread for the match. . .i don't know how coherent or comprehensive i sound but thats just my 3 pence. . . .i will sleep over it and see if i can come up with something better. . . . as for now, this new idea doesn't really work for me.
But if majority of the house wishes it to be like this, so be it!!

dear hemp,
the concept behind this, is to give other people the chance of show casing their creativity (and have fun while @ it).
it also allows us appreciate the kinda work the mods put in to posting the pre-match analysis, it wasn't easy putting the analysis for the arsenal match together (no wonder ~sauron~ didn't put any up during his stint as mod).
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by duduspace(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
I'm interested in doing one for the Arsenal v Liverpool carling cup match.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
duduspace:

Thanks dudu wink

my gunners nor fall my hand cool grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hey guys.
All issues duly noted. . .will post an explanation in a few minutes.
Lemme quickly finish up my cornflakes and type it all out. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Cristalz
u didnt invite me for brunch? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2009
mukina2:

Thanks dudu wink

my gunners nor fall my hand cool grin

e be like say we go make roster for this thing o!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Gooner2(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
Nice one tayoccu . . . grin

Mukina2 can I do the one for Sp*rs on the 31st?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Emperoh

ISSUE 1: Asking fans to do the threads and pre-match analyses for their respective clubs.

It would be lovely if everyone was of the same opinion as yourself.
But as it is, other people happen to want to be involved in doing the threads.  .  .just as other people feel the mods don't pre-analyse to their satisfaction.
Now they get a chance to do it themselves, exactly how they would like it to be.

Thing is, when you or anyone creates a new topic, don't you explain what the topic is all about in your first post?
You do that, before you invite people to come in and contribute.
So, the first post on the match threads has got to be a reasonably good analysis of the match.

Also, those that visit NL for match news don't need to go scrolling down and reading all the posts to get good info.
All they need to do is read the first post and they get all the info they want. If they want to read more analyses, then they can go on scrolling.

So, there's no duplication here. Actually this encourages originality.  .  .each poster with his/her own style of analysis.

NOTE: Mods are not tired of doing 'em threads. We want to make it our thing, and not just a mod thing.
I remember someone once posted ''Cristalz, why must you be the only one to do these threads? Must you seek attention?'' Imagine that. grin
Of course mods will still do the threads sometime, but there'll be no monopoly.

ISSUE 2: Locking of the club threads during club matches.

The reasons for that include:
1) Attracting more attention to the fact that there'z a match going on(by virtue of the thread title), and thus inviting all and sundry to comment on/follow it, and not just the fans of that club.

2) We all post ''Heck, O'Shea shoulda gotten that!'' and ''Gallas is a horse'' and ''Ohhh noooo!!'' a lot while we follow matches on a thread.
Now doing all of that a lot on the club thread only serves to speed up the thread's race to the 100 pages mark. And you know what happens then.
So having a match thread for specific matches ensures the club threads only contain analyses and discussions.
Sounds pretty cool to me. Don't you agree?

3) The threads had to be locked initially to um.  .  .''ensure'' people use the match threads so they would serve their purpose.
You know a lot of people didn't send 'em threads.  .  .most of us ignored them and kept following on the club threads.
When we all get used to going to the match threads to follow the matches, the club threads will cease to be locked.

And, we did debate on the thread locking thing. I explained it, and people contributed. Dunno where where you were @ then.
Thanks for your views though. I appreciate that you took the time to voice 'em out. wink

@Ibime
I remember you once made fun of a pre-match analysis I did.
You were probably kiddin' but now here's your chance to do better or take what you get. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
You get time grin

who be hemp? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hez my person. grin

And, he might be speaking for others as well. Some PR is in order. grin

@Everyone
This idea might lose steam like Emperoh said, but for now let's see how it works out. No harm in trying.
And, if it does lose steam, let's quit criticizing the mods' pre-match efforts.
If you must, be constructive about it.

More ideas/suggestions are welcome.  .  .I nor sabi efrytin. grin

@Ritchboy
You're welcome, dearie. . .bring your own milk sha.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
i get . .the flower boy runs grin

Hemp i still got ruff for you kiss grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
That's it. . .no more cornflakes for you. angry
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2009
cry cry cry
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Emperoh(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
Waoh. . . Criz thanks for you time and explanation at least ur decency speaks for you not some BROSTER who hasn't learnt the basics of courtesy
and PR. . . someone should pls brush her up and put her in the ways of the learned!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Somehow, i feel i still have to respond to your explanations maybe cos i somewhat don't really agree.
But like i said, i will not be a stumbling block to what will create fun here. . i am a beneficiary of the fun we have here.
Also, all i am about to say looks unnecessary to me cos this seems a done deal already. . . i had felt you guys shoulda sought opinions first before going by it; whereas there are divided opinions on it, then shall we consider a test. . . . .all the same, i will still say what I feel!;;;

BELOW

@Emperoh
[b]ISSUE 1: Asking fans to do the threads and pre-match analyses for their respective clubs.

It would be lovely if everyone was of the same opinion as yourself.
But as it is, other people happen to want to be involved in doing the threads. . .just as other people feel the mods don't pre-analyse to their satisfaction.
Now they get a chance to do it themselves, exactly how they would like it to be.

Thing is, when you or anyone creates a new topic, don't you explain what the topic is all about in your first post?
You do that, before you invite people to come in and contribute.
So, the first post on the match threads has got to be a reasonably good analysis of the match.
Also, those that visit NL for match news don't need to go scrolling down and reading all the posts to get good info.
All they need to do is read the first post and they get all the info they want. If they want to read more analyses, then they can go on scrolling.
So, there's no duplication here. Actually this encourages originality. . .each poster with his/her own style of analysis.

NOTE: Mods are not tired of doing 'em threads. We want to make it our thing, and not just a mod thing.
I remember someone once posted ''Cristalz, why must you be the only one to do these threads? Must you seek attention?'' Imagine that.
Of course mods will still do the threads sometime, but there'll be no monopoly.[/b]

Ans; I am not really against this idea but like I said in my initial post, why not the mods create what
would be like a preamble; then get the real fans to as responses, give us the real insight into issues about the match.

ISSUE 2: Locking of the club threads during club matches.

The reasons for that include:
1) Attracting more attention to the fact that there's a match going on(by virtue of the thread title), and thus inviting all and sundry to comment on/follow it, and not just the fans of that club.

Ans: Now, why not modify the topic of the fans thread to reflect a match going on within? All in all, it will give us a point of reference to issues that went on during the match and then faster recourse to them rather than exiting a thread to go and look for something in the other. I kinda feel the club threads should be extended to 200 pages to accommodate this. Tough request here though!!

2) We all post ''Heck, O'Shea shoulda gotten that!'' and ''Gallas is a horse'' and ''Ohhh noooo!!'' a lot while we follow matches on a thread.
Now doing all of that a lot on the club thread only serves to speed up the thread's race to the 100 pages mark. And you know what happens then.
So having a match thread for specific matches ensures the club threads only contain analyses and discussions.
Sounds pretty cool to me. Don't you agree?

Ans: Partially agree. . . And what happens to the match threads as well will eventually happen to the club thread. So its all the same thing. The only argument you will have here is that it do be more valuable to have the club threads than the match threads. In any case, what’s the big deal having a club thread locked at 100?

3) The threads had to be locked initially to um. . .''ensure'' people use the match threads so they would serve their purpose.
You know a lot of people didn't send 'em threads. . .most of us ignored them and kept following on the club threads.
When we all get used to going to the match threads to follow the matches, the club threads will cease to be locked.

And, we did debate on the thread locking thing. I explained it, and people contributed. Dunno where you were @ then.
Thanks for your views though. I appreciate that you took the time to voice 'em out.

Ans: I guess I was thinking and fantasizing about you and how you write to be able to concentrate and contribute please forgive me. grin grin grin

All in all, I feel I don’t have much an argument for the last issue given that its been discussed and agreed on so let it be.
As for the above, when it loses steam, what will be the next step? I won’t pre-empt it but in its eventuality, there must be something to either sustain interest or devise a new interesting way about it. Muki in my discussion with her referred to the World Cup era of 2006 but failed to realise that the fun was sustained because the tournament was just for one month. The EPL and UCL span 10months.
Again, how about the La Liga and Seria A? They seem to be left out in the scheme of things here and you and I know that we have fans of those leagues and that some EPL fans also enjoy their footie. Any thing created for them?

All in all, lets give your new ideas a space and see how it goes. But am not just really into it. Pls next time, lets give ample time to issues like this before racing into a test run. It will really give space for a majority of us to air what we think and then a poll to decide who get what. It seems to me with this one that the mods have decided and its bearing on us to take it or leave it. It doesn’t represent the spirit of democracy and fair hearing. I hope you guys take note of that.

KA CHINEKE MEZIE OKWU!!!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
dude why do you have to write such long epistles?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Emperoh

Threads getting locked when they get to a 100 pages is Seun's way of making sure dem servers don't get congested.
It's not just on Sports.  .  .every other section on NL too.
All threads get locked when they are up to a 100 pages.

If this pre-match analysis idea doesn't work out, mods will keep doing the threads. Even now, I haven't said mods are stopping.
We're just making it a non-monopoly. All hands on deck kinda thing.
I apologize if it feels forced, but I think it's better this way.
You like it, you volunteer. You don't, you say why and make suggestions. Killing two stones with one bird. grin

If anyone does a La Liga or Serie A thread, it won't be deleted. Nobody's stopping anyone.
For now, our have-to-be-there threads are EPL threads.

Now sweetie, I really have to snooze a bit before the U-20 3rd place match begins at 4. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Ibime(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2009
Cristalz:

@Ibime
I remember you once made fun of a pre-match analysis I did.
You were probably kiddin' but now here's your chance to do better or take what you get. grin

Who is Chelsea playing next week?

I'll provide the pre-match bla bla bla for that game.

Who is providing the analysis for the Chelsea-Villa game?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Emperoh(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
Criz
Okiz. . . . . done on this!!!!! grin grin grin
Keep me updated on that match!!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ibime:

Who is Chelsea playing next week?

I'll provide the pre-match bla bla bla for that game.

Who is providing the analysis for the Chelsea-Villa game?

~molborat~ grin grin grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
when i talk say Hemp be flower boy. . una don see am grin grin

Hemp i still ruff you kiss grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Emperoh(m): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
Criz
Whats happening here?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-338406.0.html

Does it mean no one has volunteered to do it?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
apparently the dude developed lily liver while trying to create a write up. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Emp
Didn't even notice what the dude did. I should flog him. grin
Muki's taken care of things though.

@Ibime
Nice of you. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
Cristalz:

Didn't even notice what the dude did. I should flog him. grin

need help? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hemp why you being devil's advocate
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Borat1: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hemp must be high to be typing all that shit. . .
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mykali(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
why hasnt this thread been locked yet ? angry
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2009
UCL:

Tuesday: Liverpool vs Lyon

AZ Alkmaar vs Arsenal

Wednesday: CSKA Moscow vs Manchester United

Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Anybody interested in doing the game threads or should I go ahead?
They've gotta be up tomorrow.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2009
duduspace:

~Gooner~:

Nice one tayoccu . . . grin

Mukina2 can I do the one for Sp*rs on the 31st?

duduspace will do the one for arsenal- liverpool

Gooner will do the one for arsenal-spud

any gun for tomorrow's UCL smiley
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2009
me! me!! me!!! *jumping excitedly like a lil boy*

please mod let me write grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2009
grin
If you're serious, please go ahead.
Waiting. . .
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2009
10Q
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year Award 2009 / Liverpool Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On Sunday 27th November 2011 / UCL: Braga Vs Manchester United 1 - 3 On 7th November 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.