Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened (2145 Views)

Kitchen Stool Sex Position Challenge Trends In Ghana After Principal Student Sex / I Can't Believe My Fiancée Can Cheat On Me / Unfortunate Tales Of People Who Died During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:10am On Sep 28, 2016
1.The early 2000's gave us a few interesting fashion trends, but possibly the most cringe-worthy was the "Whale Tail," which is what it's called when the top of your thong sticks out of the top of your jeans.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:12am On Sep 28, 2016
2.Waist training – using a corset or clincher to make your waist look smaller – used to be a thing of the past, but thanks to celebrities like the Kardashian sisters, it's making a comeback via things called waist trainers. Corset training, waist training, and tight lacing are all the same thing, and as far back as the 1500's women started using garments with "bones" (no, really, many were made from whale bone) to train their waists smaller, sometimes resulting in internal injury.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:13am On Sep 28, 2016
Bullet Bras were a thing in the 1950's, designed to make a woman's breasts look, well, pointy. We're still not sure why. Madonna took this look to the extreme in 1990 with her now infamous golden cone bra.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:14am On Sep 28, 2016
Leggings aren't pants, and they never were, unless you're on your way to or from yoga class. Also note, if any part of them is in any way sheer, what you're wearing is technically tights.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:15am On Sep 28, 2016
Fanny packs are a 10/10 on the utility scale but sadly only a 2/10 on the attractiveness scale. That didn't stop everyone from having one in the 90's though.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2016
Originating in the 1970's, shiny shirts on men made a resurgence in the late 90's and early 00's. Hopefully this time they'll stay gone.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:17am On Sep 28, 2016
Platform flip flops. If you were born between 1980 and 1995, you had a pair of these, don't lie. Probably also a toe ring.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Gentleman, your underwear are for going *under* what you're wearing. They are not the top decorative layer of your pants, and your belt does not go below your bum. If you have to hold up your pants when you take a step so that they don't fall off, you have missed the point of pants. And if you're trying to defend this, just remember that Justin Beiber wears his pants that way.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 1:19am On Sep 28, 2016
No one is really sure where the trend of several popped collars on polos came from, but everyone was grateful when it left. A single popped collar can be traced back to men's fashion of the 1700's, but that was a much more formal affair. No matter how kind and sweet of a person you were, several popped collar polos was like wearing a sign that says, "I'm a bit of a tool."

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by eneez(m): 1:49am On Sep 28, 2016
interesting

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by klassykute(m): 1:52am On Sep 28, 2016
; k cool

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by Laveda(f): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Platform flip flops. If you were born between 1980 and 1995, you had a pair of these, don't lie. Probably also a toe ring.

Funny enough, its back again and girls are rocking it.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Pleated jeans were popular in the 80's and 90's, though for some reason several designers tried to bring them back in 2015. Let's learn from the past, guys.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by RoyalBlak007: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2016
Nail art can be anything from a simple flower to some more elaborate designs with 3D objects and charms, and some of it is absolutely artwork. However, at some point, one has to ask if we're choosing form over function.

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by YUNGLURD(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2016
Clinton (1.5 odds) vs Trump (2 odds)
Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by Sares: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
RoyalBlak007:
Fanny packs are a 10/10 on the utility scale but sadly only a 2/10 on the attractiveness scale. That didn't stop everyone from having one in the 90's though.

It seems to me that nowadays some kind of fanny packs are back in style!

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by Leruger: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Yes, I am traveling a lot all over the world and every time I am walking in the street I see people who wear fanny packs and look very stylish. If you check new magazines you will see that they are in trends nowadays. I have bought a few waist bags in Cambodia (http://caraweb.org/tag/cute-fanny-packs) and wear them almost every day.
Re: Unfortunate Fashion Trends That We Can't Believe Happened by vibbb: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
But the first picture make sense shaa.
Very common in the street of Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Beautiful??? / Feb 14th Is Around The Corner, show luv to a nairalander / Can U Date Or Marry This Kinda Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.