Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d (31828 Views)

Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) / Girl Who Got 9As In Her SSCE In Enugu Gets Scholarship / 18-year-old Uwade Helen Akhere, Gets Scholarship From 11 US Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by agwom(m): 5:18am On Sep 28, 2016
2016 WAEC Result: Best Student Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d

By Dayo Adesulu & Joseph Erunke

WHEN Miss Faizal Abu bakar Sani, 17, a former student of Olumawu School, Abuja, was writing her West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination, WASS-CE, few months ago, little did she know that the examination would earn her a scholarship to study any course of her choice in any university in the world of her choosing.

As fortune smiles on her, Faizal’s scholarship as stated by the Kano State Government, where she hails from, will know no bounds, as it covers university education in any foreign country to whatever level she wants.

Faizal, who was celebrated by her alma-mater, Olumawu School, Abuja; had nine A1 in the May/June 2016 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). She had A1 in English Language, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Computer Studies, Civic Education and Marketing. The result was adjudged by her school and Kano State government as the best ever in the state.

Famous universities

Faizal who spoke with Vanguard said: ‘’I will like to study Medicine in any of the famous universities abroad. Meanwhile, I have been offered admission by at least seven universities in the United Kingdom and one university in Egypt, to study medicine.’’

On her reading habit, Faizal who scored 226 in the last JAMB said: ‘’I have no specific study hour because most times I study until I get tired and often fall asleep.”

She, however disclosed that when preparing for examination, she reads and takes a break every 30 minutes.

Her words: “My mother contributed greatly to my academic success, because she encourages and grooms me. My father is a businessman who paid my school fees.’’

On her part, Faizal’s mother, Mrs. Hadiza Abubakar, who is a lawyer, described her daughter as a quiet, reserved and responsible girl who has shown intelligence right from her birth.

She said: ‘’I have not in anyway influenced her because she has a mind of her own. Mine is just to guide her and advise her. She is a young girl with an already set mind. I wanted her to go into software engineering, but she said she wanted to read Biomedical Engineering.

‘’I sat her down, looked at it and said that if she goes for that, she will have a limited number of schools to fit in. I advised her to go for Data Based Management course. “Being a lawyer and working in the Identity Management sector. I saw an area where she could go into, which is Data Base Management course, which has to do with software. She had already made up her mind . If Biomedical engineering is not available, she will go for medicine and she has been on that.”

On the early marriage in the north, as opposed to education, she said:

‘’I do not have a problem with early marriage if the girl is already matured. The important thing is that whoever is getting married should be focused.”

Hadiza who said her daughter takes after her said: ‘’Even though I got married at an early age, I knew where I wanted to be and education was my primary focus. I achieved a lot in education. I might not have been an A1 student like her, but I was good in many courses in school.”

The governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje on his part said: ‘’The scholarship is meant to cover her undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate degrees at any university of her choice across the world. This gesture is to acknowledge merit and to especially encourage girl-child education in our state.

Chosen endeavours

“The state government is making arrangements to ensure that the gifted children are given opportunity to fully exploit their potentials. We will continue to encourage our people to achieve in their chosen endeavours and bring honour to their families, the state and the nation at large.”

In her reaction, former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloma Muktar said that Faizal’s academic feat boldly represents the new era for the girl child in Nigeria.

She said: “Once upon a time, girl child was a second class member of her family and society but today, things have changed for better as both sexes have equal opportunities to activate their natural potentials and strive for the best in their life time”.

The Minister of Education, Alhaji Adamu Adamu, charged Faizal to sustain the tempo of her excellent academic feat by taking it to the realm of invention and end up being an inventor who will do Nigeria proud in future.

He said: “We want you to go back to your books on more serious template when you get to the university and repeat this academic feat, entailing reading and researching and through it, becoming an inventor who will do Nigeria proud in future.”

Also, Barrister Arome Audu, a member of the School’s Governing Council who described Faizal’s academic feat as one akin to the one attained by the founder of the school, the late Chief (Mrs.) Margaret Oloruntomiwo Audu as a student at that level in 1951, saying “Faizal is another Mrs. Audu in the making”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/2016-waec-result-best-student-gets-scholarship-upto-ph-d/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by TPAND(f): 6:09am On Sep 28, 2016
Good one. This is a welcomed development. I hope the scholarship just ain't word of mouth

16 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by ANNOY(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2016
congrats sis.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by olasubomi007(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
Her school is in Abuja Nd Kano state gave her scholarship

3 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by abumeinben(m): 9:46am On Sep 28, 2016
Good..

Seems, these days, private school are on it. In out days, who could stand public schools students like us..we dey boil, we nor get joy, we dey jack ababio, Okeke, godman, futhermaths project, ojokuku practical chemistry, essential geography....front and back, in and out. Deh nor born them.

But seems those our flogging but sound teachers have retired embarassed

Anyways, this scholarship should be made 2 best per state. This might reinstate the glory of wayek.

Who remembers those days when the jamb highest would be on the back cover of brochure?

59 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by D34lw4p(m): 9:46am On Sep 28, 2016
Awesome!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by RoyalBlak007: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2016
I hope they fulfil their Promise

Congrats though smiley
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Danhumprey: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2016
These are the kind of things we should be celebrating and rewarding. Not beauty pageant and those other shits.

We should be celebrating brain over beauty.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Cornerstone001: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2016
This is Spectacular, Congratulations to her kiss kiss
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by worlexy(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2016
Wao
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by lafuria1(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2016
olasubomi007:

She is from kano state. We do have state bursary, doesn't matter which state your university is.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by AyLuxury(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2016
This is absolutely wonderful. Hard work really pays. Congrats. Way to go!
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by lilmax(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2016
and one guy from team "certificate is not important" will tell you reading your books is worthless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Thisis2raw(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2016
It's pays to read your books.

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by gbaskiboy: 9:50am On Sep 28, 2016
Nice one..... more grease to your brain
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by beedam(f): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2016
olasubomi007:

As fortune smiles on her, Faizal’s scholarship as stated by the Kano State Government, where she hails from, will know no bounds, as it covers university education in any foreign country to whatever level she wants.

3 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by gurunlocker: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2016
I thought many have the 9 A1s? or they just wanna give the science student the scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by AreaFada2: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2016
Schools in UK to study medicine? Without A' level equivalent? Which UK schools are those??

Or maybe she sat an exam equivalent to A'level.

Good on her. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by BrutalJab: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2016
Abokis self don dey try o. Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Nikkyparadise(m): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2016
#No go get A1 for belle ooohhh... #I no well ooohhh

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by linusbnn(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
Congrat and may God help you more to succeed
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by geostrata(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
Chai..see result o!!! this gal na brain o...at least she get WAEC result unlike PMB wey no gre show us him WAEC result, we for don see weytin he get for economics that will give us insight if he go fit handle our economy!!

CONGRATS GIRL...May u never change like APC!

6 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Alexbond(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2016
I want more of such news from this region o.

2 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Mpanyi: 9:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Not that brilliant with the jamb score. No hating

2 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2016
olasubomi007:

Do you even read this news at all? She hails from Kano state.
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Olabantu(m): 9:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Cul one but aw come 9 As and 226 in jamb....anyway wish u success in all of your exploits

8 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by sommyblaze(m): 9:54am On Sep 28, 2016
No b to make promises. make una no forget this girl wen she don't start uni oo. as una take dey forget to finance pple wen una give scholarship for obodo onyibo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by timeman: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2016
Hope Afonja Slaves will be happy with the north for once. Kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by Dottore: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2016
[size=15pt] This is so cool. What a blessing to the family
Now in my view, people like her, Chimamanda Adichie and a few others should be the real celebrities. They are the real image makers and would always have good things to contribute if given the chance not some unclad gold digging disillusioned opportunist mor0ns who somehow found their ways into the entertainment industry.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by ITbomb(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2016
about time

Not news like young girl beaten for having sex bags scholarship to university

1 Like

Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by yaqq: 9:55am On Sep 28, 2016
The way them pass waec ds yr is totally alarming, almost everyone passed
Re: Faizal Abubakar Sani Gets Scholarship Upto Ph.d by francotorti(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2016
how about the Runner up and third place students? Abi their governor nor dey dis naija? Atleast their first year school fees should be sponsored na. atall la tall na him bad pass ooo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) / Change Your Jamb Details- Phone Number/ Email 2018/2019 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.