Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Do Not Act Out Of The Will Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Act Out Of The Will Of God (286 Views)

Daniel Obinim Flogs Teenagers For Sex Act (Video) / Douglas Akwesi Amanor Had Sex With A Married Woman, Gets Caught In The Act / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Act Out Of The Will Of God by yommyuk: 5:27am On Sep 28, 2016
The Lord promises to supply our needs, but that means in His way and time frame. There might be temptations to take a wrong approach, so we must be careful not to push ahead of God or follow a route that leads away from Him.

Some people think their security rests in bank accounts, prestige, other people, or possessions. This can lead to becoming a workaholic who sacrifices relationships for financial gain. Or it could tempt someone to engage in unethical activities. In contrast, by basing our life on the security we have in Christ, we will have peace of mind and heart.

Another unhealthy way to meet our needs involves looking for companionship outside of God’s established boundaries. We may find temporary excitement in an inappropriate relationship, but in the end, that road brings pain and disappointment.

The enemy wants us to provide for ourselves in a way that is independent of God and out of line with His will. Satan deceived Adam and Eve by implying that the Lord was keeping some important information from them; he suggested that his course of action, not the Creator’s, would make them wise. The first man and woman exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and it cost them dearly. If we allow wrong thinking to direct our actions, we get ourselves into a lot of trouble, too.

It’s important to understand what we have received through our relationship with Jesus. Learning to depend on Him will help us avoid wrong approaches to getting what we need.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Job 23:11
My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside.

Proverbs 27:12
The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

Deuteronomy 29:9
Therefore, keep the words of this covenant and do them, that you may prosper in all that you do.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(wed. 19/10/2016) / Two Things About Trials / BIBLICAL UNIVERSITY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.