Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) (23668 Views)

Let Discuss Tarasha And Return Of Tarasha By Oyinprince. / A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
Chapter 2 Part 9

[b]"We have to step in," Lord Frederick said as he put two extra pistols in his pocket.
"Yes, sure." Lord Pedro replied, also hanging a long firearm around his neck.
"Ready?"
"Yes."
Both waited for a space of ten seconds before stepping out simultaneously.

They headed for the back as they shot randomly at every Asian gunmen they set their eyes on, Lord Frederick was in front while Don Pedro followed behind, Don Pedro turned around to see if there was any attacker lurking around them but that was when he saw the numbers of bikes and bike men infront. Without informing Lord Frederick who was ahead of him, he went back to the front to help in dealing with the attackers, Lord Frederick took some seconds before turning around and that was when he saw his friend Don Pedro shooting vigorously at all the bike men and the rest of the attackers. He quickly turned around and joined him too as they both shot at all the asian gunmen, Eric noticed the change in tides as most of their attackers were now down, He looked towards his right and saw his boss Don Pedro and Lord Frederick shooting at any and every of their attackers, he smiled and also felt his moral refuelling with lots of adrenaline, he resumed back to the shooting and together they brought down almost all the asian attackers.

One of Rahmid boys quickly ran behind a car to take cover and he brought out his phone swiftly dialling a number.

"Hallo boss" He said in a thick Pakistani accent with his heart pounding heavily.

"How is it going?" Rahmid asked.

"Boss most of our men are down, this people are far more experienced than all the new intakes we brought" he replied.

"You are very stupid, am I supposed to tell you to retreat before you know that you have to retreat?" Rahmid barked on the phone.

"No boss, am sorry boss" He muttered in reply.

"Retreat right this minute with my boys else I won't be sorry when I have your head hanged on a pole" Rahmid barked orders again.

"Yes boss" the guy hung up the phone "Retreat, Retreat" He kept on screaming repeatedly and the other boys that heard him echoed the retreat command.

"Do not let anyone of them escape" Don Pedro too screamed as he reloaded his firearm and resumed shooting randomly at the attackers as they drove their bikes and cars away, the intensity which he was shooting surprised Eric, it had been a long time he had seen his boss in this kind of action.

"And I thought you have stopped your trigger happy ways" Lord Frederick said as he also starred at Don Pedro in bewilderment.

"I thought so too but now that I have realised that I still have it, we are going after this guys, we will kill them and their masters Ajeet and Akhil" Don Pedro replied.

"Calm yourself now Pedro, we have to get out of this country together with this money right this minute" Frederick Cautioned.

"Arrrrrrrrrgh" Pedro screamed, his anger had taken toil on him., he felt betrayed and pissed. General together with the boys that were fighting at the back rushed to the front when they heard Pedro screaming.

"Is everything alright here" General asked no one in particular.

"Yes yes" Frederick replied "General and Eric, both of you should get the bus and Van out of this traffic even if you have to carry it on your heads" Frederick ordered.

_______

Rahmid continued cussing under his breath as he rode carelessly in his car, he was angry at Ajeet and Akhil for not telling him about the professionalism of the targets. In few more minutes, he was already in Ajeet and Akhil's compound, he rushed down from the car leaving the ignition on and the door widly opened. Ajeet saw him from the window and quickly went to click the door open.

"Tell me it's done my brother" Ajeet to Rahmid who came closer and pushed him on the chest.

"Why didn't you tell me that those guys were professionals?" Rahmid screamed as he stormed into the house after shoving Ajeet away.

"What do you mean?" Akhil asked as he emerged from inside the house to the living room.

"What I mean is why didn't you guys tell me about the targets, you only told me about the two drug lords and two guards whereas there were many of them"

"Ohh that" Ajeet said in a hushed tone.

"Yes that" Rahmid barked again.

"Actually we gave the correct information, there were only four of them before today, the two drug lords and their two guards" Ajeet explained.

"And where in the hell did those new guards sprung out from" Rahmid

"We only saw them today at the point of exchange, we didn't know how and when they got into this country but am pretty sure it was yesterday or day before that they came into this country" Akhil said.

"And why didn't you deem it fit to tell me?"

"We thought you were going to outnumber them since you had more boys under your command" Akhil shouted back.

"You thought wrong and thanks to you now most of my boys are down, boys that I have invested a lot of time and resources on are now gone" Rahmid screamed at Akhil

"And the money?" Ajeet cut in silently.

"I said my boys are all gone and you are asking me about the money, they fought back my boys and left with the money" Rahmid replied in a cooler tone. Ajeet stared at him for few seconds before walking inside the house.

"You have nothing to say huh?" Rahmid asked in a much cooler tone this time around, deep inside him he knew that the lost sum is far more than all the time and resources he used in raising those boys, he knew he had failed but didn't want to take all the blames alone, he needed a leverage on Ajeet and Akhil. Akhil sat down as his leg felt too heavy for his body at that moment, he felt weak and dizzy as realisation dawned on him, almost all of their worths had just gone down the drain, it was now game over for them, Rahmid stared at Akhil who was looking blankly into the wall beside him.

Ajeet went into his room, opened a bottle of whiskey that was in his table and downed almost all the whiskey in the bottle, his eyes deemed almost immediately, he could barely see his way through to the side of the bed, he staggered to the bed, dipped his hand at a corner of the bed and brought out a nine millimeter gold plated gun. He staggered back to his feet as he moved to the wall with the huge mirror, he stared at his reflection at the mirror for a while, he raised the gun to his head and laid his hand on the trigger.

"It's all over" he said barely audibly still staring at the mirror with a gun to his head "It's over" he said again and moved away the gun from his head. He staggered back to the living room, Akhil was the first to see him holding the gun but he didn't even flinch a bit, he just kept a straight face starring blankly at his partner as he held high the gun and pointed it at Rahmid's direction. Rahmid finally turned around and saw Ajeet pointing a gun at him.

"Ajeet" Rahmid stammered as he stared at Ajeet with his eyes full of shock "We can still do something about this, Ajeet drop the gun" He Stuttered.

"Something like what? Go to their country to grab the money back?" Ajeet asked as he corked the nine millimeter in his hand.

[/b]

Chapter 2 Parts 10 and 11 www.youngicee.com

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2016
Chapter 2 Part 10

[b]

"Hey! Clear the way," Eric and General barked furiously at the casual Asian road users who were in their vehicles with their heads bowed and were praying for the bullets exchange to seize.

"Start your car engine now," Eric said, hitting the driver's door of a car with his boot.

"I think the truck they used in causing the traffic jam is now moving," General said as they got closer to the front and had a view of the real cause of the holdup. A very long vehicle which was now moving had been made to cross the road just at a round about. Some Asian men with guns strapped to their bodies could be seen trying to cling to sections of the long vehicle as the driver did his best to speed away.

"I feel like going after them," Eric said, standing beside General.

"That would be an idiotic decision," General remarked, using the opportunity to take a jab at Eric. "We're in their country and they could just lead us into a trap."

"I never said I was going to go after them, I only said I felt like because I want them all dead," Eric replied with a hiss and turned back. He shot twice into the air and screamed aloud at the slow driving motorists to start moving. The traffic began to move slowly as drivers of different vehicles tried to verify that the gun war was over before raising their heads. Soon, only two vehicles were left several metres before the first bus of the Aireginians, they were vehicles which the attackers had brought. A lot of them had died while the others fled after getting the instruction to retreat.

"Move slowly," Eric said to the driver of the first bus, four other men were inside the bus, two of them were attending to one of their men who was the only one hit by a bullet.

"Join the first bus," General said to Eric as he leveled up with him. Eric ignored and kept walking to the Jeep where the bosses were seated.

"Roads free sir," Eric announced to the drug Lords.

"Thank you," Don Pedro replied before closing the door at his side. Lord Frederick was already seated and was taking out the remaining bullets from his gun.

"Fools! Stop there," General cursed the occupants of the vehicle whose vehicle was beside The drug Lords Jeep, it was a man and a woman; obviously husband and wife. They had started their engine and tried to speed off when they saw the cleared road but General had to stop them because he wanted their own vehicles to go first.

Eric turned back and ran to catch up with the bus in front after the Jeep started while General continued to the bus at the back which he previously followed.

In no time, the Aireginians vehicles had sped off leaving the road empty of cars for the next five minutes. Only dead bodies, blood, displaced vehicle parts and bullets could be seen on the road. The Kanturai Police arrived the scene in several vehicles and began to make enquires about the gun battle, they found a lot of their police men who had tried to intervene already dead with the other Asians.

The Airegin drug Lords waited no more for the coming aircraft, they went with the one transporting the money, leaving Eric and General to organize the rest of the men and return in the other aircraft.

______

Airegin

**Mabel's Fashion Palace, 5pm**

"So, hope you understood all the styles you saw today," Mabel said as she stepped into her office with Laura following behind. It was a moderate size well furnished office, it had comfortable visitors' seats and a mini bar, a flat screen TV also hung by the wall. Apart from the wall behind the flat screen TV, the other sides were covered with pictures of several clothing and fabrics designs. A few specially designed Airegin women wears were also hung by the left side of the office, few styles and kinds of shoes made of shiny materials were arranged below them. Those were the ones designed by Mabel herself, for special clients and models, she always kept them in the office for the first two days after the end of production.

"Yes, I did," Laura replied tiredly as she entered into the office with two handbags. She quickly proceeded to the visitors sofa and sank into it.

"Lazy girl," Mabel teased. "You need to start getting used to it now, so that you won't have problems monitoring your own outfit in future," she added as she turned to the other side of the table to have her seat.

"I know," Laura replied with a smile, "It's just that I feel a little bit weary today."

"Hmm, effects of the sleeping pills last night," Mabel suggested.

"No, it can't be that," Laura refuted, with her eyes widened at Mabel.

"Yes, it has to be." Mabel insisted, picking up her phone from the table. "I'm calling the doctor right away."

"Doctor? Why?" Laura stared at her ridiculously. "Please there's no need for that, I can take care of myself."

Mabel wasn't swayed by Laura's refusal, she made sure she spoke to the doctor and fixed an appointment for seven pm.

"We have to go home now, so that you can rest and go see the doctor." Mabel said after dropping the call.

"No, come on." Laura turned away from Mabel stubbornly and picked up the remote control for the Tv, she switched it on and folded her arms. "I don't want to go home now, we need to take a short rest."

"No, we can't rest here today, I'll just hurry up my work and we'll be out of here in the next ten minutes."

"Oh no," Laura grumbled.

"You have no choice dear, you have to see the doctor."

"But the patient has the right to accept or refuse medications," Laura argued.

"Maybe, but I'm also aware that according to the traditions of Airegin, you are mandated to obey your boss, so you'll go home when I ask you to." Mabel said.

"No, don't bring that in." Laura cried, taking a look back at Mabel.

"Yes, I'll bring it in dear, so get ready." Mabel said, grinning victoriously.

Mabel was done with her office work within eight minutes. She arranged the files on her table and rose up to her feet. Laura was already glued to a comedy show on TV and was more unwilling to leave.

"It's time dear," Mabel announced as she walked out from behind the table.

"Oh! Please, can we just finish this program?" Laura pleaded, taking a brief glance at Mabel.

Mabel took a quick glance at her wristwatch, "No, we have to be at home before going to see the doctor."

"Pleeease," Laura pleaded.

"No," Mabel insisted in a strong tone.

Laura heaved a sigh of frustration as she turned to see Mabel's face, Mabel could be sweet at other times but not when she had the bossy look on, Laura knew the best decision would be to obey.

Mabel's phone rang as Laura attempted to pick the remote control. Laura quickly rested back to enjoy more of the comedy show while Mabel answered the call.

"Hello Angela," Mabel said into the phone as she took some steps away from Laura.

"Master, miss Anne would like to speak with you." A tiny voice replied from the other end.

"Okay, please put her through." Mabel said.

"Hello mum, could you get some peanuts for me on your way back today?" Little Anne's voice sounded.

"Come on love, you trust me to always get something for you."

"Yes mum, but I don't want chocolates today, I want peanuts." Anne replied.

"Okay your highness, I'll get one for you today," Mabel gave in.

"Thanks, I love you mum."

"I love you too," Mabel replied and hung up.

"Let's go," Mabel said as she turned to Laura again. There was a serious look on Laura's face contrary to the laughter mood the comedy was supposed to cause. "What's wrong?" Mabel asked, noticing the change.

"Nothing," Laura quickly fake a smile and got up from the seat. She switched off the TV.

"Nothing?" Mabel asked with doubts in her tone. "I think you really need to see the doctor urgently."

"I'm fine," Laura said and picked the two handbags.

"And those," Mabel said, pointing to the two handbags. "You should give them to one of the girls to take to the car, don't overburden yourself."

"Thank you," Laura replied, following behind Mabel with weary steps, her mind still on the newsflash she had seen displayed by the world news gadget. Two Airegin businessmen had been reported to be involved in a gun war in Kanturai. 
[/b]

Chapter 2 Parts 11 and 12 www.youngicee.com

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Freeezzz(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
@DonKross1, still I follow.
@Oyinprince, I registered on your site some days ago and up till now, I haven't gotten any confirmation message in my mail. So, I don't know if my registration has been confirmed. Thanks.
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 11:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
Freeezzz:
@DonKross1, still I follow.
@Oyinprince, I registered on your site some days ago and up till now, I haven't gotten any confirmation message in my mail. So, I don't know if my registration has been confirmed. Thanks.
cool
Hey bro, you can't really "Register" on our website now but you can register on Google which allows you participate easily there

Read this for more explanation http://www.youngicee.com/2016/08/how-to-make-comments-on-this-blog-and.html?m=1
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Freeezzz(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2016
Oyinprince:
Hey bro, you can't really "Register" on our website now but you can register on Google which allows you participate easily there

Read this for more explanation http://www.youngicee.com/2016/08/how-to-make-comments-on-this-blog-and.html?m=1
Aye aye sir.
cool
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chapter 2 Part 11

[b]**6:47pm**

"Are you sure you are alright Laura" Mabel asked for the umpteenth time has they journeyed to the hospital where she has booked an appointment with the doctor.

"Honestly am fine, just kind of feeling somehow" Laura replied.

"More reasons why you have to see that doctor" Mabel said as Laura just kept the same straight face she had on ever since she saw the news flash, even little Anne noticed her strange behaviour when they went home. She had this very strong believe deep inside of her that the two Airegin businessmen that were been spoken about in the news are his brother Frederick and his friend Pedro. She was going to ask Old John about the issue that happened the previous night but Mabel was all over her hence she had no chance to speak with Old John alone.

Mabel rode carefully because the location of the hospital was more like a residential area which explains the reason behind the high number of road-breakers that's in the area, occasionally she will cast a side glance at Laura who was now busy chatting to someone on her smartphone. Laura who was aware of Mabel's stares just kept her gaze on her phone as she continued to chat to Lucas.

"Where are you" she read the new chat message that just popped into her phone with the sender as Lucas

"On my way to the hospital" She punched into the message box and clicked on the enter button.

"Why, are you alright?" another message popped in from Lucas.

"Am fine really, just want to get some tests done" Laura replied.

"You should have told me about it, I would have given you an appointment to come to my hospital"

"Ohh you won't believe that it totally skipped my mind that you are a doctor"

"Can you imagine" Lucas replied with two laughing and one angry smileys

Laura was about replying when Mabel took a turn into a building, in the building lies a very tall skyscraper of about 15 floors, all made of glass except for the aluminium at the pinnacle of the building that boldly spells out the name of the hospital, after looking round for few minutes, Mabel spotted a free parking space and quickly parked her car there.

"We are here" She said to Laura as she picked up her phone from the mini safe between the driver and passenger's seats, she then stretched a bit to the back-seat to pick up her bag.

"Am sorry dear, I got to go now" Laura quickly punched in and sent the reply to Lucas and thereafter also picked her bag from the back-seat, rolled up the glass to the door of her side and opened the car door almost at the same time that Mabel did too. They walked into the building, after few minutes of walking, they were already in a place that looks like the reception of the hospital, only that in this case, the people behind the desk were more of securities in uniform. Mabel who was conversant with the place took the lead while Laura followed closely.

"Good evening" Mabel said to one of the securities at the desk.

"Good evening ma'am" the security man replied in a very clean and polished english "Who would you like to see ma'am"

"Errm Doctor Poker" Mabel replied after few seconds of trying to recollect the name of the doctor.

"Please fill this" The security man said as he placed an opened note book with a pen on it in her front. Mabel quickly filled in the blank spaces, using her name where 'Name of Visitor' was indicated and wrote down their time of arrival.

"15th floor ma'am" the security man said to Mabel and Laura as they marched towards the elevator, they waited for some minutes before the elevator finally slided open, they stepped into the elevator and Mabel punched the button with 15 written on it in the elevator. Few more people joined them in the elevator and when the limit was reached, the elevator slided shut and jerked up causing Laura to fret a bit, she has always had phobia for elevator ever since she was stucked in one few years ago. The incidence was one which she can never and will never forget in a long time or better put, in her whole life. She was stucked in the elevator for almost half an hour but thankfully it was just two of them so there was a little ventilation in the elevator, if there had been more than 3 people in the elevator that day, they might have suffocated due to lack of ventilation.

Left to Laura, she would have resorted to taking the stairs regardless of the distance of the floor she was going to but knowing Mabel very well, she knew Mabel was going to insist that she use the elevator not to talk of the jest Mabel will make of her if she knows about her phobia for elevators. People kept on exiting and entering the elevators at the different floors but when they got to the 9th floor, someone entered. At first they didn't smell the stench that oozed out of the lady but as the elevator closed and continued upwards, the stench took over the atmosphere in the elevator that only had little ventilation. They were about 5 of them in the elevator including the stinking lady, out of respect none of them could cover their nostrils so as not to make the poor lady feel bad but they all held their breaths from time to time, the next stoppage was at the 12th floor and the stinking lady was headed for the 14th floor as that was the button she punched, they all endured the stench till they got to the 12th floor, as the elevator stopped, all of them except the stinking lady rushed out of the elevator while 3 people stepped in to the elevator.

"Those guys would blame themselves for entering into that elevator" Mabel said immediately the elevator closed, despite her strange and sad mood, Laura couldn't hold back the laughter, even couple of the guys that left the elevator alongside with them joined in laughing. They were headed for the 15th floor but stepped out at the 12th which means they have three more floors, they walked swiftly after checking the time to see that their appointment time was just few minutes away. After the long walk, they finally got to the 15th floor, a little more walk down the hallway and they were at the front of a door that had the inscription "Dr Poker" on it. They pulled the handle of the door and walked in towards the receptionist.

"Hello" Both Laura and Mabel said to the receptionist at the same time.

"Hello, a very good evening to you" The cute receptionist replied as she adjusted the tip of her goggles.

"We are here to see Doctor Poker" Mabel said to her.

"Do you have an appointment with him?" The receptionist asked with her soft voice.

"Yes, I called him earlier" Mabel replied.

"Okay, your name please?"

"Tell him Mrs Mabel"

The receptionist picked up the intercom on her desk and placed it on her ear "Hello sir, there is a Mrs Mabel here to see you...... Alright sir" and she dropped the call "You may go in now" She said to them as she pointed towards the doctor's office.

"Thank you" Laura and Mabel chorused to her again. Mabel grabbed the door handle, pulled it down and entered, holding the door for Laura to enter too and gradually closed it back.

"Good evening doctor" Mabel greeted.

"Evening Mrs Mabel, it's been awhile" The doctor replied.

"Goood evening doctor.." Laura was about to greet the doctor too when she got a clear view of the man sitting behind the table "Lucas" She said.

[/b]

Chapter 2 part 12 and Chapter 3 Part 1 www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Freeezzz:
Aye aye sir. cool
Correct guy, I've seen your comment.

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Freeezzz(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
Lucas is Doctor "Poker"? Hmmmmmm....... cool
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nmaglit: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
Mayb his name is lucas poker

Freeezzz:
Lucas is Doctor "Poker"? Hmmmmmm.......
cool
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by empress101(f): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2016
nice story.. following
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chapter 2 Part 12

"Has everything been sorted out" Frederick asked Eric and General As they entered into the room.

"All sorted" Eric replied.

"I guess that will be all huh? I really have to go home and rest" Don Pedro stood to his feet while Frederick remained on his seat smiling at him "What's amusing you now" He asked.

"Now you are tired right, after bedding almost all the asian girls, you are now complaining of being tired" Frederick joked and continued smiling as he stood to his feet too.

"Like you didn't have almost the same that I had" Pedro replied with a brief smile on his face.

"You know that's a lie and moreover, I am not complaining of fatigue, am i?" Frederick joked on as they walk outside of their regular hideout that they always convene in. Eric and General followed behind posing like they weren't listening on their conversation, which is part of their professionalism, as a trained guard, they shouldn't jump into their bosses conversations unless they were being spoken to. After walking for some minutes, they stopped as they have now gotten to where their cars were parked, their drivers had been summoned to come pick them from where the Aircraft landed. They had waited at their secret meeting place for General and Eric's arrival with the other aircraft after which they gave them instructions on how to go about the funds they brought along. Now that everything was sorted out, they could now go home, rest and celebrate their successful business trip with their wives and family.

"We will see tomorrow then" Frederick as he shook Pedro's hand.

"Tomorrow? Nah, maybe in three days time because I need maximum rest right now". Eric opened the door to the Suv and held it still while Pedro continued with his discussion with Frederick.

"Since when have you turned to a doctor, so much that you now recommend bed rest for yourself" Frederick joked again.

"What do you mean? Don't you know if not for business, i'd be a doctor by now" Pedro joked while he kept a straight face.

"A native doctor you mean?" Frederick replied and they both laughed hard as they entered into their respective vehicles and zoomed off from the premises. The gate was locked after they left by the guards that were in charge of securing the premises and stopping intruders and burglars from entering. It's not like they get any of the aforementioned often but to be on the safer side is why they didn't joke with the security of the place. The only time they have an unsolicited visit there was years ago when some gunmen invaded the place but thanks to the professionalism of the guards, they were able to conquer the invaders and even captured one of them alive. It was the captured one that confessed that they were just regular armed robbers who had once spotted the building while on an escape mission from the police. They then decided to come back some weeks later to see what was been done in the isolated building, the captured guy was later killed after his confession and was buried in a nearby bush alongside his fellow robbers that had been killed before but according to his confession before being killed, he claimed that one of them had escaped. They stayed at alert for days expecting the one that escaped to strike back but when they waited for weeks, months and now years without a trace of the guy, the case turned into a forgotten one.

***8:05pm***

Pedro was already dozing off in the car but as soon as he felt the car come to a halt, he opened his eyes and saw that they were right in front of the compound, he wondered why the chauffeur wasn't driving in, he then sat up and saw his wife's car driving in first which was why his own driver had to stop for them to enter as they were the first to get to the gate. After the wife's car was well parked, the driver then entered and also parked right beside his wife's car, Pedro watched as Laura and Mabel alighted from the car with their hand bags, Eric who was in the car behind Don Pedro's own quickly dropped and rushed towards the Suv to open the door for Don Pedro while Mabel and Laura stood right beside the Suv waiting for Pedro to drop.

"Hello Ma'am" Eric hailed Mabel as he quickly opened the door and Pedro dropped. Don Pedro walked closer towards them while Mabel stood there with her hands wrapped around her chest.

"Welcome Sir" Laura greeted.

"Laura, how are you my dear, I trust you are alright" Pedro replied cheerfully as he tried to curl his hand around Mabel

"Am fine, thank you sir" Laura replied trying not to show her suspicion to the him.

"Leave me alone" Mabel grumbled at Pedro like a kid that was refused going to the park to play.

"What is the problem now my queen" Pedro hardened his grip on Mabel who tried to free herself, his face was full of smiles, nothing gives him more joy than seeing the face of his beautiful wife especially when she is jokingly angry at him just like she is now "What have I done this time around"

"Why didn't you tell me you will be coming into town today" Mabel still wrapping her hands.

"I wanted to surprise you my queen, I know you love surprises" Pedro began to tickle her while she tried to act like it wasn't getting to her.

"I don't like surprises" Mabel replied trying to hold back the giggles.

"We both know you do, stop pretending already" Pedro continued to tickle her and when she couldn't hold back the giggles anymore, she unwrapped her hands hence allowing her hand bag to fall, she started laughing so hard and then ran inside while Pedro ran after her also.

"I'll get it" Laura said to Eric who was about to bend down to pick Mabel's bag from the ground, She picked up the bag and walked inside. She went to the living room to give the bag back to Mabel but when she got there, she saw the two of them holding each other like two love-birds so she decided to drop the bag on the dining table and leave without interrupting or disturbing them, she also went into her own room to drop her bag, she thought about taking a shower but she already had one before going to the hospital earlier, she was still contemplating on whether to shower or not when she suddenly remembered something, she jumped of her bed, and left the room, she carefully walked past the living room so as not to allow Pedro or Mabel noticing her, she went straight to the kitchen and met some of the kitchen staffs there, she asked about Old John's whereabouts but none of them seem to have an idea where the man was, she went into his lodge, knocked at his door for couple of minutes but got no reply, she waited and waited to see if he was going to respond from inside or arrive to meet her at the door, when she realised that it was getting too late and there was still no sign of Old John, she started walking back to the main house but as she passed through the kitchen,she heard a thick masculine voice that sounded like that of Old John's. She branched into the kitchen again and there he was, stranding beside the oven with a tray in his hands, obviously he was baking a cake or cleaning the baking tray. He turned around and saw Laura at the door, he didn't do well in hiding his shock as he shivered on seeing her.

"We need to talk" Laura said dryly

READ chapter 3 Parts 1 & 2 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nmaglit: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one but laura should leave old john so as nt to complicate issues
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Nmaglit: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one but laura should leave old john alone so as nt to complicate issues
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 1

[b]"We need to talk" Laura said dryly.

"Ermm... Miss Laura... I'm quite busy now," old John stammered with trembling lips.

"I aware you're busy but we need to fix a time and you know it," Laura insisted.

Old John sniffed in shakily, he felt the eyes of every maid on him and that made him feel like they were all flogging him. "I will get to you... Miss Laura, I promise."

"This evening, same place, 11pm" Laura ordered with a note of finality and walked out.

She proceeded straight to her from and shut the door behind her immediately. She proceeded to the table and drew out the chair, she sat in it comfortably after placing the laptop on the table. She waited some few seconds for it to boot before she plugged in her modem impatiently. She clicked open the Google chrome and began to type into the search engine, "Two Airegin Businessmen involved in gun war". In a period of seconds, the search results displayed and Laura began to scroll down the page, looking for which website with the most catchy headline. She finally clicked the second search result from www.youngicee.com and the page opened in less than ten seconds. The images were the first thing that caught her interest. The two images before the main posts showed a deserted road with bodies of Asian men and bullets sprayed on the floor. She proceeded to the main article and began to read. She read how the gun war had suddenly began with some Airegin men coming out of the shooting at the Asian bikemen from the vehicles in a traffic jam. All these reports were gotten from eyewitnesses, no one could take pictures as the bullets were flying sporadically and could hit anyone who tried raised up his head.

More investigations had revealed that the foreigners were returning from Kanturai's capital and were ambushed by the Asians who wanted to get something from them. Sources revealed that the foreigners had a bullion van as part of their entourage.

Laura was unsatisfied with what she had read, she returned to the search results page and read the news as reported from other websites but still didn't have enough to satisfy her curiousity, she needed to know if Kanturai was the country visited by her elder brother and his friend. She thought of calling Lord Frederick's home and speaking with Katherine, Katherine could possibly be aware of the country of their visit due to her closeness to General. On a second thought, she discarded the option of calling Katherine, asking her about the country the men visited could spring up suspicion especially if Katherine was also unaware and had to ask General about it.

She rose up from the chair tiredly and slowly proceeded to the bed, she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before falling into the bed, burying her face in the pillow. Her phone beeped and distracted her temporarily. She picked it and turned to lay on her left side, she swiped down the notification bar and smiled as her eyes met with the cause of the beep.

"Hello Patient, hope you're doing fine now?" The message from Lucas read.

She adjusted the pillow and turned to lay on her back, temporarily forgetting her worries about Lord Frederick and Don Pedro.

"The Patient is doing fine doctor, she managed to take her medications tonight." Laura quickly typed back in reply.

"Oh! Please, it's compulsory she follows her medications religiously for her to recover quickly." A reply from Lucas entered after few seconds.

"Come on, the Patient is not really sick, just a little bit of tiredness." Laura replied back.

"Fatigue is a pretty much ailment for a patient of mine, especially when the Patient is the most beautiful angel on earth." Lucas replied again.

"Ooh... Are doctors allowed to flirt with their patients too?" She asked, sending an emoticon to support the mood of the reply.

"This doctor isn't flirting with a Patient, he's only trying to help one." Lucas replied too with another smiley.

"How is he trying to help her?" Laura sent.

"By chatting her up this late at night to remind her to rest properly." Lucas replied almost in a split second.

"But the Doctor just succeeded in waking the patient from a deep slumber with the notification tone that sounded at the entrance of his message."

"Oh!" Lucas replied with a smiley to show his shock. "Did I really wake you up?"

"Come on, no, I wasn't asleep yet." Laura replied back. "You're taking it serious already?" she quickly sent in addition while he was still typing his own reply.

The typing was seen to stop for a moment, Lucas was possibly reading her new message and thinking of a good reply. The typing commenced again and the message came in, "I have to take things like that serious because you truly need rest."

"And why haven't you slept yet?" Lucas sent in another before she finished reading the last.

Laura sighed as she stopped typing, his question brought back to her mind her suspicions about her brother and his friend. She deleted the message she was previously typing and sent, "Hmm..."

"Why have you not slept?" Lucas repeated his question in the next message.

"I just have somethings on my mind," she typed in and took a quick glance at her clock on the table, forgetting that she could view her time on her phone.

"Like what?" Lucas had sent before she could type something else.

"A lot of things," she replied.

"Do you mind sharing with me?"

Another message popped in from another contact, it was Malia, one of her coursemates in school. Laura replied Lucas's message first.

"It's complicated, I can't share, not for now." She replied and closed the chat to respond to the message from Malia.

"Okay then, I think you need to sleep now, we'll continue tomorrow." Lucas sent in his reply before Laura finished typing her text to Malia. Luckily Malia had only sent a broadcast message which didn't really require a reply and went offline immediately, so Laura only replied her with "cool" and a smiley.

"I can't sleep now, it's just 9.47pm and I have an appointment by 11pm."

"Appointment by 11pm?" Lucas replied, adding a smiley to indicate l emphasize his surprise.

"Yes," Laura replied briefly.

"With your boyfriend, I guess."

Laura smiled as she read the reply, she thought for some seconds before beginning to type. Another message entered from Lucas before Laura finished typing, "Your boyfriend must be a lucky man. I'm sure he's good-looking intelligent and confident like you."

Laura deleted the words she was already typing and began to compose another. "Come on, Lucas. You didn't even wait for me to confirm who I was meeting with first."she typed and sent.

"I don't need to wait for that, who else could you want to meet by 11pm if not for your love?"

"You're funny... The appointment is with the Chef in the house and not any boyfriend."

"Are you kidding me? Appointment with the Chef? That looks weird. Or tell me, is the Chef the lucky young man?"

"Oh! Come on, Lucas." Laura typed, laughing out loud as she did. "The Chef is a well aged man, old enough to be my father. Damn! You're too naughty for a doctor."

"Too naughty? For trying to check on my patient?"

"You're doing more than that, I'm not even sure if I should continue the medications you prescribed. You were not concentrating, your eyes were prying all over my body."

"Oh! There goes another naughty patient, she was staring at her doctor's eyes while he was attending to her."

"OMG! You're a clown."

"No, I'm a doctor."

"You are a clown!"

"No, I'm a doctor. When are you coming back to the hospital?"

"Why should I come back?"

"I fixed an appointment for tomorrow by lurch time."

"What kind of doctor fixes an appointment for patients at that time?"

"Doctors who sincerely care..." Lucas replied and on they continued with the jovial chat.
[/b]

Chapter 3 Parts 2 and 3

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 2

In the middle of nowhere, she kept on rotating around what seemed like a circle, all her efforts to escape from the desert proved futile, nevertheless she still kept on trying to find a route out of the dessert, all she could see was heaped sands, she struggled to take each step as the sands did no good in swallowing her legs deeper with each steps taken, her strengths were beginning to fail her, taking a step further now seem a very hard task , despite all these, she still didn't give up, the determination on her face and her zeal to get out of the unknown place which she had found herself remained as strong as it was the very first moment she found herself there. As she continued harnessing all her strengths to lift her feet out of the sand with every taken step, she started hearing someone call her name, she paused a bit to listen carefully to the strange voice shouting her name, after a moment of intense concentration and listening attentively to the voice, she realised it was not a strange voice, in fact it was a voice that she has heard a whole lot of times, it was Mabel's voice. The vibration of the voice began to increase, she felt like the voice was just coming from right beside her, while still trying to figure out where the voice was coming from, she felt something touched her body, it felt like the hand of someone tapping her and gradually the force of the tapping increased and that was when she opened her eyes.

"Laura" Mabel continued repeating.

"Aunty" Laura said out of reflex as she jerked up.

"I have been calling you since, we need to go out early today, go get prepared quickly" Laura said as she walked out of the room as she heard the voice of Laura saying "Alright Aunty"

She watched as Mabel walked out of the room, still oblivious of what Mabel meant when she said something about going out today, she had thought it was still the previous night and she still had to meet with Old John. Laura picked up her phone that was just laying beside her on the bed, she clicked on a button at the side of the phone and the screen came on boldly displaying the time 7:23am. Laura opened her mouths in bewilderment at what she saw, she had slept off completely while engaging Lucas in a chat in order to keep herself awake till 11pm for the meeting with Old John, she wondered how she could have slept off like that because that was so unlike her, at the end she concluded within her that it must have been the drugs prescribed to her by the doctor. She also wanted to quickly go to Old John 's lodge but decided against it when she remembered what Mabel just said about them going out early. She swiped the phone and punched in the security code on it, she quickly navigated to the main menu and clicked on the Whatsapp Icon, the only unread messages were that of Lucas, she clicked on the message.

"Heey, you still there?"
"Good morning my sweet patient, don't forget about our lunch today hey"

Those were the message that Lucas sent to her, it was then that Laura remembered the events of last night, she remembered Lucas had sent him a "Brb" message which in full terms means Be right back, she had dropped her phone for a second in order to wait for him, that must have been when she slept off.

"Good morning doctor, My Aunt just told me we are going out now and I don't know if we will be back before lunch but be rest assured I will keep you updated about my movements today. Have a nice day" She quickly scribbled and sent without even reading through for typographical errors.

She immediately got up on her feet and walked towards her closet, she took of her pyjamas and tied a white towel around herself, she was about to get into the bathroom when her phone began to ring. She quickly went to get the phone, she checked for the caller's ID, saw Lucas's name and smiled sheepishly before clicking on the answer button.

"How's my patient doing this morning?" Lucas deep and sweet voice came through, for a moment she couldn't say anything, the voice though she has heard it a lot of time but still sends some tickling vibrations into her body anytime she hears it. "Hello, can you hear me" Lucas asked after he didn't get a reply.

"Ohh yeah, sorry, I can hear you" Laura replied immediately she snapped out of her wild imaginations of having Lucas right beside her as she was only clad in a piece of towel.

"Why didn't you reply my question before" Lucas asked after getting a response from Laura.

"Ooh sorry, errm what's the question again" Laura still trying to find her feet in the conversation.

"I said how is my pretty patient this morning?" Lucas replied.

"Am fine hey but the Pretty wasn't there when you first asked, was it? " she chuckled

"Haahaa so you heard me right the first time, why then did you ask me to repeat it"

"Maybe because I wanted you to include the Pretty" Laura joked and they both laughed for few seconds.

"So I got your message, where are you going with your Aunt?"

"She hasn't told me yet but as soon as she does, I will make sure I tell you"

"And does that really eliminate our chance of meeting for lunch?" Lucas asked again

"That I can't say for now but trust me, I will try my best not to stand you up for the lunch" Laura assured him and there was a brief silence on the end.

"Ermm alright then, I hope you will make it though" Lucas spoke after the brief silence "What are you upto right now"

"I was about to enter the bathroom for a shower when you called"

"Hnmmm, does that mean you are practically the way God created you right now?"

"Now my doctor is trying to be naughty" Laura chuckled.

"That doesn't answer my question, patient"

"I have my towel wrapped on hey"

"Hmmm still sexy all the same"

"Go away, naughty doctor" Laura laughed and listened to Lucas laughter on the other end of the line before terminating the call. She walked into the bathroom with a large smile still plastered on her face.

*** Few moments later ***

Laura checked her reflection in the mirror for the umpteenth time as she quickly picked up her Powder brush and dipped into one of the Power containers and spread the powder on her face calmly with the brush, she blended it well, picked up a lipstick and applied it carefully on her lips, rubbed her lips together to make it uniform, she stared at the mirror again and smiled. She was impressed by her make up this time, unlike some days when she always felt like she didn't do her make ups well. She exited the room and made for the living room, she was about to get seated on one of the beautiful set of chair in the living room when something on the centre silver table caught her attention. She looked around, there was no of anyone around, she tiptoed towards the table and laid Don Pedro's suitcase on it's sides at it was been placed upright before, she tried to click it open but it was code-locked. Just as she was about to place the suitcase back to its original position, she heard a man cleared his throat from behind, she froze

Read chapter 3 part 3 and 4 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Missmossy(f): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ghen-ghen Laura has been caught grin interesting read. Keep it coming...... More wisdom to you both.
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 3

[b]"Don Pedro would be mad at you if he knows you tried to open his suitcase," Eric said in a thick terrifying voice.

Laura was still vibrating all over in shock but she felt relieved on hearing Eric's voice and not Don Pedro's. Eric turned to her front and placed the suitcase upright.

"You must be very bold Miss Laura, I wonder what you were looking for," Eric continued, staring into her face. Laura remained transfixed to the spot, her lips were tied and heavy, drops of sweat roll appeared on her forehead. "Tell me miss..."

"What's happening here?" Don Pedro interrupted Eric, coming from the same direction Eric came from. "What's happening between you and miss Laura?" Don Pedro asked as he approached them.

Laura's trembling increased and she tried to hide her face from Don Pedro by turning to the opposite side.

"What's happening?" Don Pedro asked again, taking his stare from Laura who was hiding her face to Eric who was staring at her.

"Sir, Miss Laura here was trying to clean the table and clean off some dust from the bag." Eric replied his boss.

"Laura, trying to clean again?" Don Pedro turned his gaze to her, looking very surprised, she was still looking away. "I thought we've asked you to always call on the maids when you find something like that?"

"Laura, are you ready?" Mabel called out, approaching from one of the corridors.

That was Laura's final saving grace, she curtsied Don Pedro and turned quickly. "Yes, I am," she picked her handbag and proceeded towards Mabel who was out of the corridor and now in the living room with them.

"Honey," Mabel called melodiously on sighting her husband. She walked towards him, and he approached her too. Don Pedro put his hands on her shoulder she and placed a light kiss on her lips.

"Oh! Before I forget," Don Pedro quickly turned back and motioned Eric to get his briefcase. Eric held the briefcase in his hands while Don Pedro unlocked it. The contents were few files and paper documents. Don Pedro took out a stapled two pages document, he took an empty file from beneath the other contents and put the document inside. He locked back the briefcase and motioned Eric to stand with it. "Please hand over this to Mrs Williams, he said as he gave it to his wife. He placed another kiss on her cheek before they said their goodbyes.

______

Laura had still not completely gotten over the shock of almost getting caught as they drove to their destination, and to think that the contents of the briefcase were only papers and probably business documents when she thought she would find something like a gun or bullets in it. Maybe Don Pedro and Lord Frederick weren't the Airegin men in Kanturai being talked about because Don Pedro was more relaxed than a person who was involved in a crime told over the world news should be.

"Did you take your medications today?" Mabel asked for the second time, noticing her mood.

"Yes I did, I'm fine Aunty, don't worry about me." Laura said, faking a smile which was still not convincing. However, Mabel desisted from persisting further as she thought Laura was probably sulky because she didn't want to go out with her.

A beep on Laura's phone distracted her that moment. She hesitated for a while before she reached out for it. A glint of light appeared on her face as she saw the name of the message sender. It was Lucas. She remembered that she was supposed to have gotten back to him.

"Hey! Hope you didn't forget, I've got to know if you're coming so I can adequately prepare." Laura read the message.

"Sorry, I've just been a little busy. I should be able to make it, we're only going to make orders for some fabrics material." Laura typed and sent.

"Okay then, I will be expecting you."

______

Lucas dropped his phone on the table as soon as he read the message from Laura, he closed his eyes for a minute and fantasised himself on a yacht cruise together with Laura, he hadn't thought far about Laura when pictures of Nania, his late wife started playing in his mind, he remembered how they met, how they started off as worst enemies back then in high school, it wasn't like he hated her back then but fighting and throwing tantrums with her was his own way of expressing his love to her, he remembered how they went from being enemies to being best of friends in their penultimate year in high school. As fate would have it, they both got admitted into the same higher institution to study the same course and that was when they started dating each other, they practically lived together throughout their days in the university, they got engaged on the day of their graduation. Almost two years after, they got married, it took them like another two years before Nania conceived, they weren't actually worried about it because they got married at an early age. When the time came for Nania to deliver, there were lots of complications, it got to a stage when the doctors said they could only save the life of one out of either Nania or her baby as they had envisaged that Nania had a very slim possibility of surviving a caesarian section which was the only way to save the baby's life. Lucas had insisted that the doctors save the life of his loving wife but as it was Nania that had the final say, she insisted that the doctors proceed with the caesarian section. After hours of continuous movements of the nurses and doctors, they were able to save the baby's life. As soon as the doctors gave Lucas the nod to go see his wife, he had rushed inside with immediate alacrity, he beheld his wife who looked really weak, all through he had been praying for a miracle, for his wife to be saved. Few hours after that, his wife finally passed away after making sure to have told Lucas to take care of their daughter.

A tear or two dropped from Lucas eyes as the nostalgic feeling took over him completely, he opened a safe in one of his tables, brought out two picture frames, one was the picture of a cute little girl of about 4 years old and the other was the picture of his late wife Nania, he stared at the picture and sobbed uncontrollably, he couldn't hold back the tears again, even after four years, he still felt he could have insisted that the life of his wife was saved, she could have still bore another baby for him, he blamed himself for everything that happened. Few minutes later and the sobbing reduced, he brought out is face cloth and wiped away his tears with it, he then held back the frame with Nania's picture in it, he stared straight into the picture like she was right there with him, he actually felt she was there with him.

"Nania" He said barely softly and barely audibly "It's time to finally move on, I will never forget you, you will always be remembered for the sacrifice you made for our daughter but after all these years, I think it's time for me to forge ahead and I think I have found the one, sleep on my beautiful Nania" He said and that was when he lost total control and began to cry uncontrollably and loudly, so loud that anyone standing outside by the door would hear his voice.
[/b]

Chapter 3 Parts 4 And 5 www.youngicee.com

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 4

"Good morning friend, hope you rested well?" Lord Frederick asked as he entered into the lobby where friend was waiting for him.

"Good morning, but how would I have rested properly?" Don Pedro replied and both of them shook hands. "I didn't plan to leave the house today."

"I know but we just have to clear every trace we may have left at Kanturai," Lord Frederick said and both of them began to walk through a corridor.

General and Eric followed behind at a slower pace, shaking hands with each other and congratulating themselves for a well fought battle at Kanturai. Both had arrived back to Airegin in the second flight with the other guards, they landed at exactly midnight and still had to report immediately to their various quarters even though their bosses were far asleep by then already.

"You really mean you didn't rest well last night?"'Lord Frederick asked Don Pedro as he opened the door to a room.

"I could have but..." Don Pedro paused to enter into the room after his friend. "But you know I didn't want my woman to suspect anything, I had to fulfill my promise to her."

"And what promise is that?" Lord Frederick asked, turning to give Don Pedro a naughty look as he sank into a sofa.

The room they entered into was designed like a lounge, although it was only meant for the both of them, they never received any visitor in it. It has long sides but the width of the room was small. there was a flat screen television at the opposite end to the entrance. There were six one-seater sofas just before the television arranged three each on a side, each made to face another at the opposite side.

"The promise I made to her before travelling," Don Pedro replied as he sank into a sofa at the opposite. He took off his shoes and rested his back against the backrest and his feet on the footstool.

"And what could that promise be?" Lord Frederick persisted even though he knew his friend was trying to dodge the details.

"Must you know everything?" Don Pedro asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmm, don't tell me you had..."

"Had what my friend?" Don Pedro interrupted. "Okay, if it's what you want to hear. I had to go three rounds with her last night, I promised her that before we left for Kanturai."

Lord Frederick burst into an uncontrollable laughter while Don Pedro closed his eyes and pretended he was hearing anything.

"You are a sex addict," Lord Frederick mocked after he stopped laughing.

"Call me anything you want," Don Pedro replied carelessly.

"Let's go straight to the matter of today, so that we can go back early to rest well." Lord Frederick said and sat upright.

"Yes, please." Don Pedro also adjusted his seating position.

"I've been thinking of the best way to disguise the source of our money, I don't know if you have any idea yet." Lord Frederick began.

"Not really, the reason why we have to be more careful is not to link ourselves back to Kanturai." Don Pedro joined. "It's all over the news already that some Airegin men were in a gun battle with men in Kanturai, the only place they got it wrong is thinking that we are still in Kanturai."

"Yes, they couldn't have ever thought that we left already. I'm sure their Police would have manned the airports to wait for us but since they didn't see us, they would conclude that we must still be in their country."

"And we also did well by ensuring that there are no records of our names in the country."

"Yes."

"And that's why we must ensure that we deal with the money carefully, we can't afford to link ourselves to Kanturai investigation if they find out about a payment of two billion dollars."

"I already mapped out a plan," Lord Frederick said.

"We can create a record that we traveled to Pakistan instead, we talk to some of our partners there and make them confirm the order of two hundred million dollars worth of goods from our cotton factory. By the time we get up to ten partners to do this for us, we would have covered the whole amount."

"Hmm... Sounds brilliant," Don Pedro nodded his head slowly as he pondered on the suggestion.

After a total of forty five minutes, they were able to select over ten of their partners in different parts of the world who will help to hide the source of their money. They came up with a draft of their proposal and sent to the mails of their partners. They thereafter ended their meeting and left for their various homes.

Eric and Don Pedro got back home after twenty five minutes drive. Don Pedro headed straight into his room which he shared with his wife after discharging Eric for the day. Eric thanked his boss happily and headed to his own room.

Don Pedro was already dozing off in the bed when his phone beeped. He opened his eyes and reached out for the phone to check the notification, it was a email sent from one of their partners to confirm receipt of their message. He cleared the notification and went back to sleep.

__

"These materials are pure," Mabel said, feeling a sample of fabric material with her hands. She motioned to Laura to also have a feel which Laura quickly did. "This particular fabric comes with a smooth texture," Mabel said, explaining to Laura.

Another woman who was Mabel's business partner was standing at their front, smiling and watching as Mabel inspected the goods.

"I think I'm done with inspection ma'am," Mabel said after releasing the sample back to the lady. "I'll like to have them transferred to my store now."

"Of course, that's no problem for us. Your goods are delivered immediately your payment for the goods and delivery is complete." The lady replied.

"Okay, I'll pay you right away." Mabel said and opened her bag which was hung around her arm. She started searching for something inside the bag. After a minute of fruitless search, she realized she had forgotten her cheque book at home.

"Oh! Laura," she said with a sorry face.

"Yes, aunty." Laura replied, wondering what was the cause of the mood change.

"I think you'll have to help me get something from the house," Mabel said, taking out a key from her bag.

"Aww!" Laura's face turned pale as she took a glance at her wristwatch.

"Sorry for the inconvenience dear," Mabel said, her tone communicated her sincerity. "Should I send for a driver?" She quickly added.

"No, I've mastered my driving skills already."

"Okay then," Mabel said, taking out the car keys and key to the room in the house. "Help me bring my cheque book and debit card," she added as she gave the keys to Laura.

"Okay Aunty," Laura collected the keys reluctantly and turned to proceed out of the place.

"Let me check some other materials before she returns," she could hear Mabel say to the lady as she walked away. Maybe lunch with Lucas would have to wait till another time, she thought to herself.

___

Don Pedro had barely slept for thirty minutes when his phone began to ring again. He was forced to open his eyes and reach for the phone, the call was from a foreign land.

"Hello," he said into the phone as he answered the call reluctantly.

"Bonjour Monsieur," the caller greeted with a baritone voice in a French accent.

"Bonjour," Don Pedro replied.

"It's your friend Louis," the French man switched to English language but his French accent was still thick.

"Yes, Louis. How have you been?"

"Fine, how about you?"

"Fine too."

"Okay, I got your mail this morning and I'm already calculating the possibilities but I also have a deal for you. I've sent the details to your mailbox, I'll like you to check it and get back to me."

"Can I check it later?" Don Pedro asked in his sleepy tone.

"Yes... But I thought you wrote in your mail that your proposal needs to be executed urgently, the earlier you check it, the earlier I can make conclusions." Louis replied.

"Okay, Louis. I'll check it right away," Don Pedro said and ended the call. He got out of the bed reluctantly, rubbing his eyes. He pulled out the section of the drawer at the below end and took out his laptop. He was sure Louis message would be one that wouldn't display well on mobile, so he didn't bother to use his phone.

He placed the laptop on top and clicked on the boot button. The laptop was running in one and half minutes. He inserted his modem and opened his mail application. He pulled a chair to sit on while he waited for the mailbox to update. Louis' message was the one at the top, he clicked it open impatiently.

"Oh!" Don Pedro sighed and rubbed his face with his palm as he saw the bulkiness of the mail. It would take him several minutes to read and view the images. He got up from the room and headed straight for the kitchen to get a cold pack of juice. He left the room with the door slightly ajar.

____

Luara headed straight to the room immediately she entered, she was in a hurry, hoping she could still meet up with Lucas for lunch.

She paused in surprise as she met the door ajar, she then opened slowly and peeped in. She could see no one inside but the laptop and the ruffled bed showed signs of Don Pedro's presence, she took a quick look inside the room before closing the door. The laptop had caught her attention. Her heart was beating heavily as she proceeded to check what Don Pedro was doing on the laptop.

Read Chapter 3 Parts 5 and 6 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2016
Chapter 3 pt 5

Laura headed straight to the room immediately she entered, she was in a hurry, hoping she could still meet up with Lucas for lunch.

She paused in surprise as she met the door ajar, she then opened slowly and peeped in. She could see no one inside but the laptop and the ruffled bed showed signs of Don Pedro's presence, she took a quick look inside the room before closing the door. The laptop had caught her attention. Her heart was beating heavily as she proceeded to check what Don Pedro was doing on the laptop.

Her hand were visibly shivering as she placed it on the mouse to control the computer, she read the heading but didn't understand it, she was about to read the whole content when she heard Don Pedro's voice from afar greeting one of the maids, she quickly scrolled back to the page that she met the laptop and immediately reached for drawer that Mabel talked about, and took out the cheque book and debit card. That was when Don Pedro entered the room, at first he held back at the sudden realisation of someone in his room but comported when he saw that it was Laura, Laura also feigned being shock as she saw Don Pedro come in, maybe she was actually shocked for the fact that she would have been caught by him if not for the greetings he exchanged with the maid.

"Laura" Pedro called.

"Yes sir" She replied with a fake smile on her face.

"What are you doing here though?"

"Aunty forgot her Cheque book and debit card so I had to quickly come fetch it for her" Laura replied smoothly.

"Ohh, Mabel and forgetting things always" Don Pedro dropped the cup of Juice in his hand on the table and sat back on the chair "Did you drive yourself here?"

"Yeah, I came with Aunty's car"

"Okay then, have a nice day will you" Pedro said and Laura bided him farewell too. Immediately she left, Pedro took some more sips from the cup of juice before finally placing his focus on the laptop, as he was about to start reading, he noticed something.

Katherine kept on prancing around, waiting for an opportunity to quickly sneak into General's room but her luck was yet to shine as Frederick and Silvia remained in the living room, cuddling themselves. They had both decided to stay home all day to have enough time for themselves. Lord Frederick sat at the edge of a three seater sofa while Silvia laid right beside him, laying her head on his laps. They stayed like that for hours, watching different movie series on the Tv, at a point, Silvia quickly jumped up from Frederick's laps as she stared at him like he had just done something bad. Frederick tried to feign ignorance at first but he knew Silvia had felt the bulge beneath his trouser and that's why she kept staring.

"Don't you get tired? Silvia teased.

"You know it's not my fault, don't you?" Lord Frederick teased back.

"Let's go inside before you start craving it from the maids" Silvia drew him up, wrapped his hands around her waist as the both left for the room.

That was the golden opportunity Katherine was waiting for, without hesitating for a second more, she rushed into General's room without even knocking. General didn't mind her not knocking first but instead, he quickly got up from the bed, drew Katherine closer as their lips locked in a deep kiss. He was about getting his hands under her skirt when he pushed him back.

"What's that for" General surprised as that was the first time Katherine will refuse his sexual advances.

"We need to talk" She said in a serious tone and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Can't it wait?" General knelt beside her kissing her neck all over.

"No it can't" She restricted him really hard even with all his persistence.

"Okay now, what is it you want us to talk about?" General gave up on trying after he realised that Katherine wash going to give in. Katherine stood up, walked around the room for a while with her hands crossed around her body. "Are you going to talk now or what?"

"I am pregnant" Katherine said

_____

Don Pedro widened his eyes as he noticed the change in the position of the cursor, it was right at the side of the browser where the scroll tool was. He never scrolled using the tool, so he wondered how the cursor got there. Maybe Laura tried to read his mail, he thought. He got up from his seat and charged towards the door. He wanted to open the door and shout out Laura's name but he changed his mind before he got to the door. He turned back and returned to his seat thoughtfully, Laura was a disciplined girl and had no cause to invade his privacy. Maybe she had touched his laptop thinking it was Mabel's since she wasn't expecting to meet him at home. He had seen her several times use Mabel's laptop freely to work and sometimes for games. She probably would have thought it was Mabel's, he concluded and turned back to his laptop.

Just as he was about to continue reading again, another thought popped into his mind. He tried to calculate how long he had used in getting the juice into the room, it took him about two minutes. He didn't meet Laura in the corridor when he proceeded out of the room, so she must have entered not earlier than twenty seconds after he left. Also when he returned into the room, he met her busy with the drawer and not the laptop, that meant she must have left the laptop at least fifteen seconds before he entered into the room; that meant she must have had one minutes and twenty five seconds to check the mail if she entered into the room at the time he calculated.

"Oops!" He exclaimed. One minute and twenty five seconds was enough time for her to see details she shouldn't have seen. He bowed his head in silence and heaved a sigh at the thought of his carelessness, he should have locked the system before leaving the room. But then how should he have known that Mabel had sent Laura to come get something in the room.

He tapped the laptop's keyboard and used the down arrow key to scroll down the message, he needed to check if the mail was something Laura shouldn't have seen.

"Demand for more Nicotiana tabacum," he mumbled the heading of the letter to himself. He read through carefully. Louis was demanding for some of their goods in the mail. Don Pedro rose up from the seat after reading the mail, he ran his fingers into his hair. He poured in juice into the cup and gulped it down immediately. He was supposed to get back to Louis after reading the message but he couldn't get his mind off the possibility of Laura reading the mail. Although the message was written in high level language for drug lords, he was still concerned that if Laura decided to investigate some of the words further, she might be able to read meanings to what she had seen.

He picked up his phone and clicked open the dialer but instead of dialing Louis, he dialed Lord Frederick instead. It rang twice without being answered. Don Pedro decided to leave a voicemail. "Do call me immediately you get this message, I have something urgent to relay to you." He said into the phone and dropped it back

Read Chapter 3 parts 6,7 & 8 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 6

[b]You are what?" General's eyes widened in shock. 

Katherine kept a sad face, staring at him as he began to pace around the room. His previously bulged trouser had returned to the normal size as his erection disappeared immediately the news was broken. 

"But why now?" General asked his question aloud, not to Katherine or himself, it was rhetorical as he was staring up to the ceiling for answers. "I don't think we have gathered enough money to stay on our own," General said, now looking at Katherine. The intention he had was to suggest abortion to Katherine but he was scared to voice it out, he knew she wouldn't take it well no matter how good he presented it.

"What other thing do we need to gather?" Katherine asked defensively. "My savings are enough to get us away from here and get an apartment somewhere far from here?"

"Are you suggesting that we run away?" General cut in.

"No but we have to leave here," she insisted. "You know maids and workers here are not allowed to raise a family."

"Yes, we won't be allowed to have a kid here."

"Yes, that's why I'm suggesting that we make use of our savings now." Katherine continued. "My savings can get us an apartment and even set up a small business for me, I'm sure your savings  would be far more than mine. You should be able to do something with it that'll help us live well."

"Never!" General objected in a loud voice. "That's not the kind of situation I want to raise my family. I can't train my kids by living on a meagre income."

"Come on, how can you say that?" Katherine sparked off defensively. "Don't you save? And even if you don't save, there are places we can get money to start up a good business for you."

"You don't still get it Katherine," General said, folding his arms as he stared at her thinly. "That kind of money can not help us get a good life."

"What do you call a good life?" Katherine's barked loudly at him, her frustration showed in her voice. "Do we have to live as rich as Lord Frederick? Come on, we are never going to be poor with all the monies we have saved here." 

General paused and let out a deep breath, he didn't like the way the argument between them had become heated. He proceeded towards Katherine slowly, he could see tears forming in her eyes already. 

"Sorry Kath,  I understand you." He said as he rubbed his hands on her cheeks. A tear which rolled down her cheeks touched his fingers. "You know, its just that I don't think we can leave here now."

"Why not? What's holding us back?" Katherine asked, taking his hands off her face. 

"Our services are still needed here... I mean Lord Frederick still needs me around him," General said.

"Lord Frederick can get someone else to represent you and you know that," Katherine argued.

"Kath, please try understand me." General said softly, placing his hands on her shoulder. "Lord Frederick..."

"Enough!" Katherine cut in and shoved off his hands from her shoulder and proceeded towards the door. She held the handle and turned to face him, "I thought you said I was more important to you than any other thing in the world, I thought you said you could give up anything for us to spend the rest of our lives together."

"Please understand me Kath..." General tried to speak but Katherine walked out without waiting to hear any other thing.

____

Lord Frederick finally opened his eyes from the thirty minutes rest he had after the several intimate sessions with his wife, Silvia was still fast asleep beside him. He placed a gentle kiss on her lips before rising up from the bed. He stretched as he placed his foot into his footwear. Then, he remembered that his phone was ringing during his session with his wife. He proceeded towards the drawer and took out his phone. He swiped down the notification bar and cleared all unnecessary notifications, then he saw the message from Don Pedro. He wondered what the urgent message Don Pedro wanted to relay to him was. His conclusion was that it must be concerning the mails they sent earlier. He dialed Don Pedro's number and placed it on his ears. 

"Hey Pedro," he said as the call was answered.

"Fred, why weren't you picking your calls?" Don Pedro replied from the other end with a sleepy voice. 

"I was busy," Lord Frederick replied briefly. 

"Okay, I wanted to tell you about Louis Hamilton's reply, I already forwarded his acceptance to your mail."

"Uhm... And is that the urgent message?" 

"No, there's something else." 

"Come on, answer me friend. I need to take a quick shower now."

"I think Laura has read some of my private messages," Don Pedro spilled. 

"Huh?"

"Yes, and if I'm correct, I'm afraid she could have gotten some information about what we do."

____

Laura had given the debit card and Cheque book to Mabel in which she had settled all the bills for their purchase, they went back to the store together to wait for the delivery of the materials. The delivery took some hours from the scheduled time, all these and more were the excuses that Laura presented to Lucas and they had both agreed to postpone their lunch date to the next day, Lucas sounded a bit disappointed but Laura persuaded him. Laura just used the excuse of the material delivery but deep inside, she knew it was really because of her disturbed mind. She couldn't take her mind of what she saw on Don Pedro's laptop, if only she had more time to read through the message. Just that little she saw wasn't enough for her but there was another thing that caught her attention about the mail, the sender's name which was Louis Hamilton. The name had stuck immediately she saw it because it was synonymous to the name of her favourite actor, Lewis Hamilton. She quickly brought out her phone and typed the name into the Google search box of her phone's browser, the page was yet to load when the delivery men arrived. She quickly rushed outside alongside her Aunty and most of their workers. 

She and Mabel made sure that the right and complete materials were being delivered and also supervised the offloading and taking in of the material. Mabel left her a large portion of the responsibility so as to review what she has learnt so far and to also correct her about some things that she was yet to be familiar with. After Mabel realised that Laura was almost perfect with how everything is done about delivery and storing of materials, she left her totally in charge and entered into her office. The offloading and loading finished under the space of an hour, Laura went to the store room to take stock of everything before going to Mabel's room to fill her in about everything. Mabel was really impressed about Laura's fast learning, Mabel was really happy, so much that he had gathered all her staffs around, only to tell them that Laura would be in charge of the runnings of the business anytime she herself is not readily available. 

After all was said and done, Laura had almost forgotten about what she was doing on her phone until she wanted to check for time on her phone, she slid the lock open and there was the page fully loaded, the first page result of the Louis Hamilton search showed her the Wikipedia page of various musicians, actors and some politicians too, after making sure to open all the informations about Louis Hamilton on the first page, she clicked on the second page and waited for it to load. The second page consisted of more of the activities of the celebrities which she saw in the first page, their movies, concerts and so on. She wanted to close the browser when something else came into her mind. She remembered the heading of the mail, "Demand for more nicotiana tabacum". 

She decided to search for the phrase "nicotiana tabacum". She typed it into the search engine and in few seconds, the search results displayed. The browser, displayed the page from the bottom instead of the top. Her heart skipped a beat as her eyes met with options displayed under the related searches. 

Cocaine, Coca, Hard Drugs, Coca plantation were some of the options.
[/b]

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by donkross1(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 7

[b]She decided to search for the word "nicotiana tabacum". She typed it into the search engine and in few seconds, the search results displayed. The browser displayed the page from the bottom instead of the top. Her heart skipped a beat as her eyes met with options displayed under the related searches.

Cocaine, Coca, Hard Drugs, Coca plantation were some of the options.

She clicked on the first link that had nicotiana tabacum in its headline, read comprehensively the content and repeated the same with every link on the search page. She read a lot about nicotiana tabacum, it's seedlings, it's plantations and how it's being distribute before finally being processed into a finished product and consumed as drugs. She went on further to type drug lords in to the search box and she clicked on the Wikipedia of drug lords. She also read a lot about them, their lifestyles, the range of their net worths. To her, none of those attributes or qualities was synonymous to that of her Uncle Lord Frederick and his friend Don Pedro. She went on further until she saw a list of Countries and their most infamous drug cartels

Ronali Cartel - Italy
Colombian Mafia - Columbia
Sinaloa Cartel - Mexico
Cuban Mafia - Cuba
Russian Mafias operating in Russia and neighbouring Countries

Those were the ones she saw listed on the Wikipedia but as she was about to exit the page, she saw an asterisked statement at the end of the page.

**We only base our informations on confirmed theories but if we were to base it on assertions then more countries should make the list of Countries with notorious Hard drugs organization and drug lords. Such as

- France
- Airegin
- India
- Kanturai
Laura quickly opened a new tab and typed "Drug Cartels in Airegin" into the search engine box. It opened in a matter of seconds and she clicked on the Wikipedia article, "The Airegin Mafias".

Airegin Mafias - There has been confirmed theories that there are some drug cartels in Airegin, though it's not certain if it's just one Mafia or many of them but their past dealings with known drug cartels outside the country had been traced but none could decipher who the Mafias are. As soon as we get our details on them, we will surely update it on this page but if by any means, you can provide us some informations about them, Click this link......

Laura quickly closed her browser page as she saw Mabel approaching her just in time.

"Aren't you going to grab something to eat?" Mabel asked as she stood right beside seating Laura.

"Aunty I don't know if you can allow me but I need to quickly see someone right now" Laura stood up

"Hnmm, that doctor guy huh" Mabel tickled Laura as she joked with her while Laura just chuckled "Alright, you have the rest of the day but get home on time"

"Thank you very much Aunty" Laura replied cheerfully, picked up her stuffs and exited the shop fully aware of Mabel's gaze on her. Mabel had thought she was going in search of the guy that had caught her fancy but Laura knew deep inside of her that she was embarking on a deadly mission.

After Don Pedro had called Lord Frederick earlier about his suspicions of Laura knowing about them, they had agreed to meet at the hideout. Don Pedro decided to go with only Eric together in the same SUV as it was an impromptu meeting, Laura who had been hiding around the neighbourhood quickly followed the SUV but kept a very large distant apart so as to ensure not being seen by them. They rode through the part that leads to the hideout while Laura trailed behind them. So many things was running through Laura's mind, she was scared of the revelation that might hit her, she wanted to stop but she couldn't. The drive to get to the core of the matter kept on pushing her. She further increased the space between them after they had navigated into a lonely bush part.

Don Pedro kept on thinking about the worst case scenarios, what if she had really found out who they really are and what they are involved in. He was sure Lord Frederick would never agree to them killing her to shut her up and the longer she lives with the knowledge of their secret, the more dangerous it becomes for them, He was lost in thought and was oblivious of the things going on around him. Eric who was driving couldn't take his eyes of the rear mirror, though he didn't see anything out of the ordinary but his instinct kept on telling him they were being followed. After driving for a while on the lonely bush part, they got to the gate of the hideout and drove in while the gate was shut after them.

Laura parked her car at a reasonable distance from the building before dropping from the car to walk by the bush to get a clearer view of the building. Don Pedro had walked inside after asking for Lord Frederick and was told that he was not there yet, he sat in their personal relaxation room as he waited for his friend's arrival, even at a time like this, Lord Frederick couldn't resist being late. Laura held still behind a bunch of leaves as she lingered around to see if she could catch a glimpse of what was happening in the enclosed building. Few minutes later, the gate was opened and one of the securities in the building came out to dispose a large carton in his hands, they had intentionally been dumping stuffs right beside the hideout so as to make it look like a dumping ground in order to waver off all suspicions of any activities in the building. The security dumped the carton and was about to enter back into the building when he heard some creeping sound behind him, he was going to go check what made the sound but decided against it, that instead he will go check it through the hidden cameras that they is placed around the building. Laura had a feeling that the security had noticed her, thereby moved further away from the building to where her car was parked.

The security checked the surveillance camera but all he could see was just the shadow of someone standing far away from where he heard the creeping sound, he then decided to go check for himself, as soon as he opened the gate again, Laura took to her heels, quickly entered into the car and drove off. The security man ran back inside to alert everyone including Eric who also swiftly went to brief Don Pedro about the situation. They all gathered in the camera room to see if they could see a footage of whoever it was that was spying on them. After replaying the saved footages for a while, they finally got to the part where Don Pedro arrived, then few moments later they saw someone creeping behind the bush.

"Pause it there" Eric had screamed at the operator when he saw that the person's face was almost visible "Zoom into the face" He ordered again and the operator harkened. The camera was zoomed little by little and alas the face of the intruder showed up glaringly.

"Laura" Don Pedro called out slowly, he picked up the keyboard to the operating computer and slammed it on the ground "Who was the security that noticed her movements outside" He shouted

"It was I, Boss" the guy replied.

Don Pedro angrily reached for a gun from one of the other security standing by and took five straight shots at the security man that responded.

"What are you still waiting for" He screamed at Eric "Go after that bastard girl and grab her back"

Eric quickly mobilised most of the security men and off they went to trail Laura. As soon as the gates were opened and Eric drove out with the security men, Lord Frederick and his Boys drove in. Lord Frederick quickly dropped down after noticing the pandemonium in the building, he quickly went to meet Don Pedro who was standing right at the parking spot.

"Pedro what's happening?" Lord Frederick asked

"Laura" was all Don Pedro could say as he held on to the gun in which he used to kill the security man.

"What happened with Laura" Frederick asked again.

"She has seen it all, She followed me here, She has seen it all" Don Pedro replied without taking away his gaze from the gate.
[/b]

Chapter 3 Parts 8 and 9 www.youngicee.com

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Steelheart(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nice
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 8

Laura sped as fast as she could, she kept glancing at the side mirrors from time to time to see if she was being followed. She got to a busy roundabout and unluckily for her, her traffic light showed to her direction was red. Her mind wandered away while her hands remained on the wheels frantically. She had not seen any drug or hard substances to ascertain that they dealt with drugs but the activities of the men working around the place already proved that something criminal was going on inside the building. Or how could you explain the dumping of dirt infront of a compound where so many people were working in?

"Hey! Come on, get out of the road!" Someone barked at her, jerking her off from reverie of thoughts. That was when she realised that the light had already turned green and other cars were already speeding off. She pulled the gear and fastened her hands on the wheels. She continued to think as she drove off. She wondered where she was running to, was it back to Don Pedro's house or to her brother's house? Both wouldn't be safe for her if the men at the building had seen her. Or should she just agree with herself that she wasn't seen and return quietly to the house, maybe she should just return and go straight into her room, she could be lucky to get home before Mabel and she would just pretend to have been sleeping since she returned. But then, she shook off the thought. She remembered that her eyes had met with one of the men and she was hundred percent sure that he would have reported her to the others inside the main building. She finally decided that she would get to the Pedro's house to pick up some few things and then run to Lucas and wait with him until she could ascertain that they were not coming after her. She took out her phone and opened the dialpad, her left hand with the phone while her right on the wheels. She dialed Lucas' number.

"Hey pretty patient, it's so thoughtful of you to remember your doctor," Lucas sang out joyfully.

"Lucas, I think I'm in trouble." She blurted out immediately.

"Trouble?" Lucas sounded alarmed as he sensed the fright and urgency in her voice.

"Yes, please where are you?" She quickly asked.

"I'm at home," Lucas replied. "Tell me where you are and I'll come get you." He quickly added.

"Just tell me where your house is, I'll drive there after picking something from the house."

"I stay at House 54, Ellex street just behind the teaching hospital."

"Okay, I should get there in the next forty five minutes." She said and hung up.

+++++

"Follow the damn girl carefully, I don't want us to cause a scene on the road." Eric said to the man driving the car. They were just few metres behind Laura and had been following her for ten minutes, waiting for the right time to intercept and pull her out of the car.

"Are we dropping her?" One of the men asked.

"Drop who?" Eric turned back and widened his eyes at the guy in surprise. "Don't you know who she is? Drop her and you'll have your entire generation wiped out."

"Sorry Boss," he quickly apologized.

_____

"How in the world could you have allowed her follow you here?" Lord Frederick slammed at his friend.

"She was supposed to be with Mabel, I don't know how she got here." Don Pedro replied.

"Where's she now?" Lord Frederick asked, looking worried.

"She tried to leave already, I asked Eric to get her back."

"What?" He exclaimed, his eyelids vibrating in panic. "I hope they won't maltreat her?" Lord Frederick asked sounding so concerned.

"No Eric won't allow that," Don Pedro answered, giving his Friend an assuring look

Lord Frederick stood still for some few seconds, he wished he could rush out and follow after Laura himself, to bring her to safety, but that will attract too much attention. He managed to sit on a chair, touching his lips with his fingers as he thought. After some few seconds, he took a quick glance at Don Pedro's face. "But why were you so careless to have allowed her view your mail?" Lord Frederick asked.

"I don't know what she was doing at home that time, she claimed that Mabel sent her home to get her debit card and cheque book."

"But are you sure she read anything?"

"Yes, I'm not sure to what extent she read but I know she touched the lap..." Don Pedro stopped abruptly as a thought popped up i his mind. "Wait, " he said, narrowing his gaze at Lord Frederick. "Are you sure Laura is not working for an external organization? She could be an undercover."

"What the hell do you mean?" Lord Frederick strongly disagreed. "Laura isn't working as any undercover, you messed up with your carelessness."

"Come on, don't tell me about carelessness anymore," Don Pedro argued. "I didn't keep my laptop anywhere, it was in my room and no other person apart from the maids and cooks were supposed to be in the house at that time."

"Then how did she enter into your room?"

"Did you hear all I've explaining? She claimed that Mabel sent her home to get something." Don Pedro said and there was a brief silence. "I think Laura is working with an enemy."

"Pedro, stop saying that." Lord Frederick barked. "My sister studied Biochemistry in school, how does that relate to what you're accusing her of?"

"I think that's the more reason I should suspect her," Don Pedro said. "She studied Biochemistry for four years and woke up one day to the reality of wanting to be a fashion designer, come on, think of it. Your sister must be working for some people."

"No, she's not." Lord Frederick shouted in a defensive tone.

"You won't just think well because it's Laura," Don Pedro said in a thoughtful tone as he got up from the seat. "If I confirm that she really is what I think, I'll make sure she serves the punishment any other person would serve." Don Pedro added threateningly.

"You dare not touch her," Lord Frederick barked as he sprang up to his feet at once. He stood only few centimetres close to Don Pedro and both of them stared into each other's eyes with great fury. Don Pedro sniffed in air and turned to leave.

"And where are you going to?" Lord Frederick asked him.

He turned back briefly, "I'm going home, she could also have touched some things in the house."

"Do not tear touch my sister, If you do..."

"What would you do?" Don Pedro stopped at the exit and shot a quick furious stare at Lord Frederick.

____

Laura immediately began to proceed into her room when she got to the house. She was halfway into the house when she heard some funny sounds from one of the maids' room whose door was slightly opened. She peeped in through the opened space and saw two naked bodies on the bed, a man on top of a woman , vibrating and the woman moaning in pleasure. It was Angela's room and the man could be one of the male domestic staffs. Laura hissed in displeasure and quickly walked away. She had not taken more than five steps when she heard a baby's cry from another room. That was Mabel's kid. He sounded like he had been crying for long without anybody to attend to him as Angela who was supposed to be in charge was carelessly making love with a man. Laura thought of walking past but she could not take more than two steps further, she wanted to go into Angela's room and scream at her in anger but she thought it would be wiser to enter the room where the baby was first in case the baby was in danger. She turned back and turned the knob at the door of the room

Read Parts 9 & 10 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
CHAPTER 3 Part 9

Laura immediately began to proceed into her room when she got to the house. She was halfway into the house when she heard some funny sounds from one of the maids' room whose door was slightly opened. She peeped in through the opened space and saw two naked bodies on the bed, a man on top of a woman , vibrating and the woman moaning in pleasure. It was Angela's room and the man could be one of the male domestic staffs. Laura hissed in displeasure and quickly walked away. She had not taken more than five steps when she heard a baby's cry from another room. That was Mabel's kid. He sounded like he had been crying for long without anybody to attend to him as Angela who was supposed to be in charge was carelessly making love with a man. Laura thought of walking past but she could not take more than two steps further, she wanted to go into Angela's room and scream at her in anger but she thought it would be wiser to enter the room where the baby was first in case the baby was in danger.  She turned back and turned the knob at the door of the room.

She moved closer to the baby's cot, picked him up and carried him in her hands, she also saw the baby's already made food right beside his cot. She picked it up and placed the feeding bottle in the baby's mouth and watch him smile as he sucked the content of the bottle. His smile almost made Laura forget the kind of trouble she was in until she heard some movements right outside the front gate, thankfully she had parked her car at the small gate. She was about to drop the baby for her to start escaping and that was when a thought struck her mind, if truly Don Pedro was involved in dangerous activities then it's poses a threat to this little kid of his, she also thought about how Don Pedro might also lead the baby to grow up to be like him. Laura quickly reached for the baby's carrier, placed the baby in it with a feeding bottle to his mouth, she sneaked through the back door through to the back gate. The guard manning the small gate saw her carry the baby on her way out but didn't bother to scrutinise her as that wasn't the first time Laura was going out with either Anne or the little baby, she quickly got into her car, belted the baby's carrier with the seat belt, ignited the engine and drove off.

Eric and few of his boys had been searching for Laura all around the house but in a very hushed way so as not to cause unwanted attentions, they had lost her earlier while on her trail but they were sure she was headed to the home direction. Though they didn't see her car parked outside the main gate or inside the compound but they still believed she came home, after searching the whole house without success, Eric decided to check the compound too, he walked round the compound couple of times but there was still no sign of Laura, they didn't want to start asking about her because of tensions and suspicions but they had no choice against. Eric asked some of the maids if they had seen, he asked the guy that was supposed to be the one guarding the main house but he was the one having sexual intercourse with Angela earlier on so he had no clue of what and what not that happened in the house but nevertheless he still lied that he was on guard and no one came in or go out. Eric continued asking around and the unwanted attention he was trying to avoid was now what he was getting, the maids had begun to whisper, the movements of Eric's boys had become rampant. Eric went to the main gate to ask if they saw her but their answer was negative too, that was when he went to the small gate to inquire about Laura, the guard told him about how he saw Laura leave with the Baby carrier. Eric rushed back inside the house to check the baby's room only to find it empty.

"Shiit" Eric cussed and brought out his phone, dialled Don Pedro's number.

"Hello Eric, have you apprehended her?" Don Pedro asked

"We lost her" Eric replied in a disappointing tone.

"Dammmn you Eric, damn you" Don Pedro sweared at him

"That's not all sir" Eric interrupted and waited for Don Pedro's silence before he continued "She escaped together with the baby"

"Which baby" Don Pedro asked quickly

"Your baby" Eric replied and there was a dead silence on the other end of the line.

As soon as Laura drove into Ellex street, she had called Lucas to come out right away which he had hearkened. He stood right in front of his house, perplexed and ignorant of everything going, a car was in sight and he believed it was definitely Laura's. He signalled and the car came to an halt right in front of him, as soon as she turned off the ignition, she rushed out of the car and ran into Lucas's open harms with her heart pounding heavily that even Lucas felt the irregular heartbeat while they held each other closely.

"Everything will be alright Laura, just calm down will you"

"I can't, I am in a very big trouble, I have to leave this city right away"

"And go to where?"

"Anywhere, a suburb, another city or even another country, anywhere but here" Laura.

Don Pedro's car was yet to be parked when he stormed out of it, he ran inside his little baby's room to confirm if what Eric said was true, all the maids were standing in twos and threes obviously gossiping about what was going on, Don Pedro saw them but didn't pay no attention to them has he would have if not for the given circumstance. He got to the room and found it empty as he was told. Eric who had learnt about Don Pedro's arrival quickly went to meet him in the baby's room, he saw him staring blankly at the baby cot, his anger could be felt radiating around the house, his eyes were filled with rage and he was visibly trembling, not with fear but with anger. Eric who had never seen his boss in this state wanted to leave immediately he saw him but Don Pedro's voice drew him back.

"What are you doing about this?" He asked.

Eric knew very well that his immediate reply might be his own last word if he doesn't choose the reply carefully,  in order to avoid being shot, he thoughtfully schemed up a lie that he could keep upto.

"We have contacted the Insurance company that the car had just been stolen so they are trying to use their tracker to locate it for us but it seem it's taken longer because it wasn't you that called them yourself" Eric lied an almost perfect one just to save his own head.

"Dial the number again" Don Pedro said and Eric did so, he dialled the number and then gave the phone to Don Pedro to talk to the insurance company customer care.

_______

Nobody knew how Mabel got to know about everything that was going on in the house but out of no where she just drove into the compound only to meet the maids, the guards and some strange faces outside her compound, she wasn't bothered by the bystanders, all she did was ask of her husband and she was told that he was in the baby's room. She rushed there and entered some minutes Don Pedro had ended his call with the insurance company. Eric had already left the room and Don Pedro was trying to make another call with his phone

"Pedro where is my baby" Was all she could ask before falling down unconsciously.

Read Chapter 3 Parts 10 & 11 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 10

"Drive fast guys, we have to get to Ellex before the cops." Eric shouted at the boys before entering into the car. The man at the driver's side started the car immediately and drove out of the Pedro's compound. Four other cars followed behind. 

Just as they drove out, an ambulance drove in speedily, Eric noticed the ambulance and wondered what casualty had taken place inside but going out to get Laura was more urgent to him so he fixed his gaze to the road and urged thedriver to move faster. 

They had not driven more than five minutes when he spotted some familiar cars at the other side of the road. It was Lord Frederick's convoy and Eric was sure they were headed for the Pedro's house. He pretended not to see anything and focused his mind on getting Laura and taking back the baby to her parents.

____

"Where is my baby?" Mabel asked as she opened her eyes in Don Pedro's arms. They were still in the baby's room and Pedro was kneeling on the floor with part of her body in his arms.

"Calm down Mabel, Eric has gone after Laura. They will bring back our baby safe and bring back Laura." Don Pedro replied her. 

"Why did she leave with my baby? Why is she running away?" Mabel asked, a tear rolled down her face.

"We'll know that when they bring them back," Don Pedro said. 

A maid rushed in at that moment, she curtsied shakily, "My Lord, the ambulance is here," she said.

"Who called the ambulance?" He asked giving her an angry look. "My wife  is up already, we'll go to the hospital later." 

"Understood my Lord," the maid bent bowed and hurried out again. Another maid entered, she looked more advancedin age, the cap on her hair resembled that of a medical personnel. 

Don Pedro lifted Mabel up and helped her stand to her feet. He began to lead her towards the door. The maid stepped aside as Don Pedro approached him with Mabel. A guard entered in through the door almost running into the couple. 

Don Pedro stared at him with a disgusting look, "What do you want? Have they gotten her?"

"No Sir, I don't have information about that yet but Lord Frederick is in the building and he demands to see you right away. "

Don Pedro stared at the guy's face thoughtfully for a second, then he glanced back at the maid standing behind. 'Please take her to her room,' he said to the maid and then looked into Mabel's eyes before releasing her to the maid. He followed the guard and they walked briskly to the lounge where Lord Frederick was waiting.

"Where is Laura?" Lord Frederick asked immediately Don Pedro stepped into the lounge with the guard. General was standing at alert behind his boss.

"Calm down Fred, your sister has left the house with my little kid. What you should do now is to pray that she returns with my baby untouched or I'll do something you can never imagine to her." Don Pedro answered, walking closer to Lord Frederick boldly.

"You dare not touch her," Lord Frederick blared." If you dare lay a finger on her, I'll..."

"You'll do what Frederick? What would you do?" Don Pedro cut in. Both of them were standing in front of each other now, staring into each other's eyes with anger in their hearts. 

____

Lucas' apartment was at the second floor of the ten storey building, so he and Laura climbed up the stairs. He opened the door and ushered her in. 

Lucas' apartment was a large and well furnished one but it wasn't the time to admire an apartment, Laura released the baby from the carrier and placed him in her hands as she sank into one of the sofas. 

He walked away from the living room a returned seconds later with a bottle of water and a glass cup. He sat beside Laura and poured in water from the bottle into the cup. 

"Take this, it'll help you calm down,' he said as he handed the cup to her. 

" Thank you," she said and gulped down the content of the cup. She handed back the cup to Lucas and let out a breath, stroking the baby's hair gently. Lucas got up and walked away to return the bottle and glass cup. 

Laura was calmer after taking the cup of water, she took advantage of his absence and took a quick stare around the living room. Her eyes with a large beautiful sketch of a lady hung at a very open place. Then her eyes hovered around more, she saw the picture of the lady whose sketch she had seen first. The lady was undeniably beautiful, she had an attractive set of eyeballs and dimples. Next to the picture was one of the lady and Lucas, they looked extremely happy in the picture. The lady had a beautiful smile on and Lucas also flashed his complete set of teeth. 

She quickly took her eyes off the walls as she noticed Lucas' entrance back to the living room. She began to rub the baby's forehead gently.

"So can you talk to me now?" Lucas asked as he approached her. He settled beside her and slanted to face her directly. 

"I think I need to confirm that I wasn't been followed here first," Laura said, her facial expression which was turning calm already change to a disturbed one again. 

"Followed by who?" Lucas asked, a frown forming on his face.

"Their men, " Laura replied shakily.

"Whose men?" Lucas asked, he took her hands in his and looked into her eyes. "Please talk to me," he said in a pleading tone.

The baby who had been quiet but making slight movements began to cry, Lucas released Laura's hands to allow her attend to him. She lifted him up and placed his head on her chest, placing a hand at the back.

____

"Here," Eric announced as the got to the location. The car parked somewhere off the road and the other two cars followed. Eric was the first to come out of the vehicle. He stared around the place, trying to locate the car. Finally, he saw the car in front of a large ten storey building. He gritted his teeth in anger as he thought about the size of the building, there would be over fifty apartments; offices, stores and residential sections in the building, he wondered how he would find out which apartment Laura had entered into.

"Hey guys, we'll go there and introduce ourselves as men from the insurance cooperation." Eric said to the rest of his men who had stepped out of their vehicles. He had a total of twenty seven men in his team.

They crossed to the other side and approached someone, soon they were directed to the residential section of the building. 

"Hey guys, the residential parts are not more than ten. We'll locate them and ransack every one we enter."

____

"Have you seen any of their goods?" Lucas asked Laura who had just finished telling him what she discovered. 

"No, but I think what I saw is enough evidence that they are really into drugs."

Lucas rose up from his seat shakily, he seemed flaggerbasted at the news. He never thought the popular business tycoons, Don Pedro and Lord Frederick could also be drug dealers.

"So do you know if any of them is aware of your knowledge of their drug dealing?" Lucas asked. 

"I'm not sure but I know one of Don Pedro's men saw me. He wasn't one of those that knows me."

"Maybe he didn't report to Don Pedro like he should do," Lucas suggested.

"No, I think he reported, I felt there were some people coming after me."

"You felt but you didn't see them." 

"I didn't see them but I'm very sure they followed me home, but I don't know if I was followed here."

"Hmm... So what do we do now?" He asked. She was yet to answer when the doorbell sounded, startling Lucas. 

"Are you expecting anyone?"

"No but it probably is one of my neighbours sons." Lucas said as he proceeded to the door.

Read Chapter 3 Parts 11 & 12 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Guys, Do drop your comments o
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by TeleboiZ005(m): 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Intresting...am following nd enjoying... RIDE ON!....

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Missmossy(f): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ride on Oyinprince Laura has implicated herself. Why should she involve a baby. Not a wise decision. Lucas should just be brave. Thumbs up, keep it coming.
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by missuniverse(f): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Laura could be arrested for taking a child without d parents knowledge... wat she thinks to be a reason can't justify dat...

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by motion78(m): 12:05am On Nov 04, 2016
The unlikely visitors in lucas house. [b]insurance company worker. Ghen Ghen!
Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Oyinprince(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Chapter 3 Part 11

Lucas got to the door and hung on a bit for one more knock before he answered.

"Who is there?"

"Hey Doctor, it's me" a tiny voice replied. Lucas immediately recognised the voice as the nosy's neighbour's own, he opened the door and stepped outside quickly just in time before the nosy neighbour will start peeping in to see Laura.

"How are you Mrs Quincy?" Lucas faked a smile

"Am just fine Dr Lucas, am sure you are enjoying your off-day at work yeah?"

"Yes actually, I am really enjoying it. I was pretty occupied when I heard you knock so am guessing it's something important huh?" Lucas tried to cut her straight to the point without being rude.

"Ohh sorry, didn't mean to disturb you at all," Mrs Quincy quickly switched to her gossip mode which Lucas had recognised after staying in the same compound with her for a while. "I just got back from work now and some guys just came to meet me to ask about that car parked right there" She pointed to the car Laura brought.

"Guys, who do they say they are and what do they look like?" Lucas quickly shot in but still trying to feign ignorance.

"Ohh there they are" Mrs Quincy pointed at Eric and few of the boys that entered into her building were still trying to convince the building's security that truly they were from the Insurance company, the others were in the cars parked outside. They were unable to provide the necessary documents, so therefore the security didn't give them the permission to access the residential apartments. The moment when Mrs Quincy was pointing them to Lucas was when Eric raised his head up, His eyes and Lucas's eyes interlocked for few seconds before Eric continued trying to convince the security personnels the more. A thought of using force crossed Eric's mind but he knew very well that the insurance company will soon be there and probably come with police too, so he knew that would be a very reckless act.

"Who do they say they are?" Lucas still fixing his gaze at the intruders as they continued to give reasons to search the apartments.

"When I was coming in, one of them stopped me at the gate and said they are from insurance company and they tracked the car here so they are asking around to see if anyone knew or saw when the car was being parked" Mrs Quincy explained.

"This people don't look like anything like insurance company" Lucas replied.

"I thought so too, what do we do now?" Mrs Quincy was beginning to Panic.

"For now nothing, I'm sure the securities won't allow them in and if they do anything funny the security alarm will go off" Lucas reassured Mrs Quincy of her safety "Please go to your apartment right now and shut all your doors and windows"

"I will do just that," Mrs Quincy rushed away.

"Be careful" Lucas said before rushing into his apartment and locking the door after. 

"What's going on" Laura rushed at him immediately he entered.

"Come here" Lucas took her to the window and opened it a bit, enough for them to see what's going on downstairs, Laura opened her mouth in bewilderment at what she saw downstairs but quickly cover her mouth with her hands so as not to make sounds to draw unnecessary attentions.

"You know them?" Lucas asked

"Yes, that is Eric, Don Pedro's personal guard" Laura started vibrating all over her body "What do we do now?"

"Calm down Laura"

"I can't, we have to get out of this place right now"

"Laura calm down, we will leave but not with this guys outside, we will leave as soon as they are gone because I am sure the securities won't let them access here"

"Are you sure"

"Yes I am" Lucas hugged her for a brief moment before excusing himself to go pack up his important stuffs while Laura sat beside the baby who was already sleeping.

After Eric tried all his efforts to get through the security without success, he then decided to leave the premises with his boys before the police arrive there. He shook the hands of the head of securities as they excused themselves to go and get the necessary documents. They then went ahead to stay at the only route that led to the area, as they were driving out, they saw lots of police vans driving in.

________

Lucas and Laura quickly rushed out immediately they saw Eric and his boys leaving, Lucas had advised they took the stairs instead of the elevator to avoid being caught, they took the staircase with Laura holding the baby on her chest while Lucas had a suitcase in his hands, the suitcase contained most of his important documents and ID cards. Lucas had thought of the boys hanging around so he came up with a plan, he was going to pass the hospital and get an official car. As they got to the small gate separating the building from the hospital, he quickly brought his ID card from the suitcase and swiped it with the machine at the gate and the gate flipped opened. The gate was meant for the hospital staffs that were residing at the apartment as the apartment served as staff lodge for the hospital. Lucas instructed Laura to stay put at the parking space that was right underneath the hospital as he quickly went to the front, he got to the front and saw one of the hospital drivers and told him about how he needed to quickly get to somewhere very important. He had always been nice to the driver by giving him money anytime their part crossed so the driver couldn't even reject the first favour he, Lucas was asking of him. The driver handed over the keys to one of the hospital Vans after directing him to where it was in the parking garage and also pleading with him to be back on time.

Lucas quickly rushed back to where Laura was and led her to the van as he also picked up his suitcase. He had advised that Laura stayed behind in the Van so as to avoid being seen, while he was going to drive. The security on seeing the Van approach quickly opened the gates and Lucas drove out, he looked through the rear-mirror and saw the number of police vans that were parked outside his apartment, he shook his head vigorously, he had never bargained for this, his once peaceful and boring life had now turned into an adventurous and dangerous one just in a matter of hours. He wondered why he was even doing all of these, risking his life, his career, his reputation all because of a lady that they haven't even started dating at all, it all boiled down to one thing, Love.

Knowing very well that Eric and his boys would still be around, he paid maximum attention on the road in order to spot them out in time. He had not driven too far when he saw a car right in front of him, he immediately recognised them to be Eric's boys, they were pretending like their had a fault while they were trying to push it off the road, all their gimmicks was just to barricade the road incase Laura wants to escape, when the saw that it was the hospital's van, they quickly pushed the car off while Eric who was the one on the steering quickly came out to apologise, Lucas shook his head and drive away.

Eric halted as he tried to remember if he had seen the Van driver's face before, that was when it struck him, it was the guy that he saw in one of the apartments while they were trying to access the building.

"F***!" He cussed out. "Let's follow that van" He shouted and they all got back in to the car and drove after the Van while 3 other cars parked ahead also joined them in the pursuit.

Read parts 12 & 13 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) by Olusharp(m): 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
The greatest way you can help people is by affecting their lives positively.. A win for me is a win for every one of you. my story was short listed in the Etisalat Flash fiction which is organized and sponsored by Etisalat. Pls all i need is your like
just follow this link and click on like
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=24

after doing this i still need your help which is to share with as many of your friends as possible..
like before you share
thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Christmas Party / 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare / I Am Embarrassed To Share The Same National Space With Some Imbeciles -soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 424
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.