Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria (772 Views)

Christians In Yorubaland Deserve What Is Happening To Them. / Igbo Don’t Deserve What They Are Demanding From Buhari – Idahosa / We Deserve The Leaders We Get: GEJ Vs The APC, Buhari And The Change In One Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2016
We are so greedy, we cannot be trusted, the politicians up there are a reflection of our society... But we could whine of how bad they are, while we also do what they do up there... It's across all region of the country... Even if we divide we still share the same problem, and those problems will persist. What we are getting is what we deserve
THIS GENERATION IS A WASTED GENERATION.

3 Likes

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by HtwoOw: 8:44am On Sep 28, 2016
I agree with you

But this generation can be salvaged, it'll take pain and tears of past generation, the ruling class but it will definitely be worth it in the long run
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
Wetin do you for night
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
It takes just one just man to change the face of Nigeria... we need d likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jnr in the Nigerian society
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2016
Cutehector:
It takes just one just man to change the face of Nigeria... we need d likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jnr in the Nigerian society
it's not one man... Nigerians have to be involved Nigerians have to change their orientation if not it's a waste. Those pple u mentioned they succeeded because they had pple who think like them behind them, pple fought for their ideology, pple believed their ideology. But in Nigeria we are hypocrites. I don't need to explain that. You can not trust anybody in this society. Even if u give them hundreds of chance they will disappoint you that hundreds of times...

2 Likes

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by KELVINXY: 8:59am On Sep 28, 2016
Talk of whining.. u're a perfect example.

I actually understand ur point buh my question is
what are u as an individual doing about it. that's what matters the main problem we have in nigeria is just "moral indiscipline."
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2016
Romancer:
it's not one man... Nigerians have to be involved Nigerians have to change their orientation if not it's a waste. Those pple u mentioned they succeeded because they had pple who think like them behind them, pple fought for their ideology, pple believed their ideology. But in Nigeria we are hypocrites. I don't need to explain that. You can not trust anybody in this society. Even if u give them hundreds of chance they will disappoint you that hundreds of times...
you are correct.. if we cannot make a difference in the little offices we occupy, then how much more catastrophe wiill there be, once we occupy mighty positions.

1 Like

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2016
HtwoOw:
I agree with you

But this generation can be salvaged, it'll take pain and tears of past generation, the ruling class but it will definitely be worth it in the long run
how when the average youth only cares about quick money and not his society? As a student I don't know what fate awaits me after graduation... And I see a musician singing nonsense and getting paid or a scammer getting paid and what does a graduate who has spent a lot going through the 4 walls of school get?

1 Like

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2016
KELVINXY:
Talk of whining..
u're a perfect example.

I actually understand ur point buh
my question is

what are u as an individual doing about it.
that's what matters
the main problem we have in nigeria is just "moral indiscipline."
that is what we keep saying... Yes am whining I never denied that, that is why the "we" was in the sentence.

1 Like

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by striker9(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2016
We chose this people to represent us but after getting there, they plot on how to divide us for there own selfish gain,the rate of poverty in the land will make some shut up after greasing there palm,our diverse ethnic and religion makes it hard to checkmate this greedy politicians. If a tribe is against, the other will be in support,until we masses have one VOICE to decide what happens up there politicians will keep exploiting us .
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 9:23am On Sep 28, 2016
This would keep happening till the economy is grinded, the pple are grinded and everything that brings joy to the nation is grinded and locked, then Revolution will take its place. I hope this economy doesn't survive

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by DLondonboiy: 9:27am On Sep 28, 2016
Romancer:
This would keep happening till the economy is grinded, the pple are grinded and everything that brings joy to the nation is grinded and locked, then Revolution will take its place. I hope this economy doesn't survive

A young student who smokes weed sighted....

How did I know?

'People grinded; that one grinded; this one grinded;' continue grinding....you go soon crase...

1 Like

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2016
DLondonboiy:

A young student who smokes weed sighted....

How did I know?

'People grinded; that one grinded; this one grinded;' continue grinding....you go soon crase...
i sight ur humour grin.
Am a little bit frustrated here, am one of those few enlighted students in this country going to school doesn't mean you are not ignorant if you are ignorant, because most nigerian students are ignorant.
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by DLondonboiy: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2016
Romancer:
i sight ur humour grin.
Am a little bit frustrated here, am one of those few enlighted students in this country going to school doesn't mean you are not ignorant if you are ignorant, because most nigerian students are ignorant.

Lemme tell you what somebody told me many years ago...

'Don't kill yaself ontop 9ja matter..As a young student, read ya books and enjoy yaself. .be naughty and have fun and after you graduate run away from Nigeria..and don't ever return....if you must return, come back and become a governor or a senator'

9ja and almost everybody there are useless..The cannot be saved, so why bother!
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by rusher14: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2016
striker9:
We chose this people to represent us but after getting there, they plot on how to divide us for there own selfish gain,the rate of poverty in the land will make some shut up after greasing there palm,our diverse ethnic and religion makes it hard to checkmate this greedy politicians. If a tribe is against, the other will be in support,until we masses have one VOICE to decide what happens up there politicians will keep exploiting us .

[b]They don't scheme against us.

Their pedigree was well known before their (s)election.

The people up there are a true reflection of those at the bottom and how they truly deserve what they get.

Go to the thread concerning the exchange rate and see how Nigerians think government is solely responsible for the present day crisis. Some gleefully applaud it thinking those in government would bear the brunt.

Go to threads concerning the Chibok girls and see how Oby Ezekwesili is ridiculed and inveighed.

Go to threads on the Avengers, common criminals, sabotaging businesses and power generation and see the commoners applaud and celebrate.

The dollar is 445 today I changed for 430 on Friday and it is to my benefit it appreciates. Yet, I agonise about how to solve this debacle for the common man though I know the common man is a criminal minded Ingrate.
If he wasn't the people of influence in his society would display his attributes.

The Nigerian youth revels in scams (Yahoo) get-rich-quick schemes and truly eschews industry, research and development, honesty, cooperation, application of knowledge and most things positive. Only a select few display divergent attributes from those stated.

The people are not victims of the society but makers of the society.

Until a societal change is formed (Almost impossible), until the youth begin to see the country as theirs, until they refuse the evil manipulation of those who wish to tear them apart, until they embrace industry on a wide scale I'm sorry the future would continue to be bleak for them.

I understand the pain of those who really wish to do well but find a stumbling block along their path. They shouldn't relent on their efforts though the road is sure to be rough.
[/b]
Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by Romancer(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2016
rusher14:

[b]They don't scheme against us.

Their pedigree was well known before their (s)election.

The people up there are a true reflection of those at the bottom and how they truly deserve what they get.

Go to the thread concerning the exchange rate and see how Nigerians think government is solely responsible for the present day crisis. Some gleefully applaud it thinking those in government would bear the brunt.

Go to threads concerning the Chibok girls and see how Oby Ezekwesili is ridiculed and inveighed.

Go to threads on the Avengers, common criminals, sabotaging businesses and power generation and see the commoners applaud and celebrate.

The dollar is 445 today I changed for 430 on Friday and it is to my benefit it appreciates. Yet, I agonise about how to solve this debacle for the common man though I know the common man is a criminal minded Ingrate.
If he wasn't the people of influence in his society would display his attributes.

The Nigerian youth revels in scams (Yahoo) get-rich-quick schemes and truly eschews industry, research and development, honesty, cooperation, application of knowledge and most things positive. Only a select few display divergent attributes from those stated.

The people are not victims of the society but makers of the society.

Until a societal change is formed (Almost impossible), until the youth begin to see the country as theirs, until they refuse the evil manipulation of those who wish to tear them apart, until they embrace industry on a wide scale I'm sorry the future would continue to be bleak for them.

I understand the pain of those who really wish to do well but find a stumbling block along their path. They shouldn't relent on their efforts though the road is sure to be rough.
[/b]
thank you very much... Sometimes i feel happiness blinds us we black humans. Anything that makes us happy causes us not to see the future and where it's heading. Take that happiness away and see our eyes open wide. If the economy crashes, which means no money, hunger strikes, everybody will see how bad things are... Everybody becomes a Questionaire, we then have a angry and hungry society and heads will role, then revolution kicks in.
I hope this happens

1 Like

Re: We Deserve What We Get In Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2016
I agree with the OP. We Nigerians and Africans deserve the kind of leaders we get.

This is just the beginning. Plenty suffering loading ahead.

When things were getting spoilt we all pretended it wasn't any of our business. As long as me and my family can eat 3square meals in a day.

It doesn't matter if the other man is dying of hunger with his household.

We have refused to hold our leaders accountable so now they are treating us like the dirt under their shoes. And yes, we deserve it. Until we wake up and do the needful.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Coming Realignment In Yorubaland / Were Is The Lass Who Donated Her Pocket Money For PMB In 2015 / Photos: President Buhari's Daughter Weds Mallam Ya'u Gimba Kumo OON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.