Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos (11669 Views)

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? / Ambode Bans Land Grabbing (Omonile) / Omonile Are Going Down In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by nonjebose(m): 7:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Tripleoluwa:
How I wish this law was in place some 20years ago. It would have saved my friend's fathers life. His father was killed in a gruesome and barbaric manner because of a piece of land. He told me that his father was abducted from their home in the night, taken over the Lagos lagoon; far beyond the 3rd Mainland Bridge, to a depth of like 25ft, killed by his assailants who later tied a rim of a 20 ton truck on his neck so that the corpse will submerge and threw him inside d lagoon. But God pass dem as d corpse lifted d heavy metal.

This story shook Ilaje Bariga around 1996. Those who orchestrated the gruesome and barbaric wanton malevolence had all met their waterloo early this year, almost 20yrs after. One died in Jan after prolonged battle with sickness, 2nd one was knocked down by a fast moving car in March on the 3rd Mainland Bridge, while d 3rd one caught total paralysis a week after d 2nd man's death and died a week later.
That was gruesome!
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by AlanSugar(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Tripleoluwa:
How I wish this law was in place some 20years ago. It would have saved my friend's fathers life. His father was killed in a gruesome and barbaric manner because of a piece of land. He told me that his father was abducted from their home in the night, taken over the Lagos lagoon; far beyond the 3rd Mainland Bridge, to a depth of like 25ft, killed by his assailants who later tied a rim of a 20 ton truck on his neck so that the corpse will submerge and threw him inside d lagoon. But God pass dem as d corpse lifted d heavy metal.

This story shook Ilaje Bariga around 1996. Those who orchestrated the gruesome and barbaric wanton malevolence had all met their waterloo early this year, almost 20yrs after. One died in Jan after prolonged battle with sickness, 2nd one was knocked down by a fast moving car in March on the 3rd Mainland Bridge, while d 3rd one caught total paralysis a week after d 2nd man's death and died a week later.

Oh so sorry to hear this but why did they do that to him, was it the omo things or what that did dis to him and why, cus he refused to settle them?? ?! Wish you had told us more! Mehn these people deserve more than krikri!
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by doskie(m): 7:14am On Sep 29, 2016
abcivilengr:
I just wanted to know, if omoniles still disturb in Lagos because I will be having a building construction soon in Alagbado area. Thanks all for your response.
please sir, i do solar power installation. If you need it for your house, please give quote me and I'll send my number. Thanks

You can even buy the materials yourself and just pay me for installation. Economy hard.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Kx: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Asking if ominile was still around is same thing as asking if agbero still operates.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2016
abcivilengr:
I just wanted to know, if omoniles still disturb in Lagos because I will be having a building construction soon in Alagbado area. Thanks all for your response.
ALAGBADO IS HOME TO NOTORIOUS OMONILE KINGPINS

1 Like

Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by jeff1607(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2016
finalboss:
they are now dashing dem 3 yrs in prison if caught

Pls can u enlighten me on the 3years imprisonment stuff? can they really be reported? to what authority? is it lengthy? I mean the whole process?
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by jeff1607(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2016
Tripleoluwa:

sister were you residing there as @ that time? (ilaje, bariga)

1 Like

Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 29, 2016
Op yes oo and they even on this thread shocked grin i don sight dem.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 29, 2016
abcivilengr:

Settle the major family that sold the land to you and if any other thugs come to you, make sure you have like 2 soldier boys ready to flog them to stupor.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by yemmy009(f): 7:58am On Sep 29, 2016
TOPCRUISE:

ALAGBADO IS HOME TO NOTORIOUS OMONILE KINGPINS
for sure they will use okada to survey the whole area in d morning n later in d day. They even collect money for bore holes drilling. Just saw two pass with okada now

2 Likes

Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Tripleoluwa(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2016
AlanSugar:

Oh so sorry to hear this but why did they do that to him, was it the omo things or what that did dis to him and why, cus he refused to settle them?? ?! Wish you had told us more! Mehn these people deserve more than krikri!
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by yemmy009(f): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2016
blackberlin:

Settle the major family that sold the land to you and if any other thugs come to you, make sure you have like 2 soldier boys ready to flog them to stupor.
If u settle A they will send B to you.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2016
AlanSugar:

According to my friend, his father bought the land normally from the selling family( I don't want to mention the name). But the head of the selling family then was a woman. So one of the sons in the family was in a sabre-rattling head of family(olori-ebi) struggle with the woman, over who to sell the family lands. So it was this man that connived with 2 other persons to carry out the murder. Of course they were arrested, charged to court, but u know our judicial system- case can drag for ages. The lawyer of the assailants is now a big time lawyer who just won a case against the efcc.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
jeff1607:

sister were you residing there as @ that time? (ilaje, bariga)

No. It was my friend whose father was the victim that told me this story. He still lives there in Bariga with his family
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by henrybomb(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2016
Dere is a new law'anti-land grabbing law' so once yu see dem around ur property just call d taskforce in charge i can send yu deir number
abcivilengr:
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2016
nonjebose:

That was gruesome!

Very gruesome. By the time the corpse was retrieved from the lagoon, fish and crayfish had been feasting on it. He said his sister fainted when the casket was opened. I just could not control my emotions when he was relating it to me
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:13am On Sep 29, 2016
abcivilengr:

I don't know about omo-onile in Alagbado but if you need sand, granite and plaster sand.. 08067174310
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by uthlaw: 8:23am On Sep 29, 2016
iambabaG:
Truth has to be told.. They still hang around but their influence has seriously wained over the past year.
Kudos has to be given to this current government; they did what BRF couldn't do in 8years.
I guess even omo onile no wan go kirikiri!!
Do u xpect 1 governor to do everything let try to appreciate effort of leaders is nt easy up dere
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2016
yemmy009:

If u settle A they will send B to you.

Yes, my point exactly. So get some recruits ready. . . merciless floggers and professional slappers they are cheesy
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by ericmor: 8:32am On Sep 29, 2016
Jimiolay:
Yes. I paid 250k to them just the other day

You don't have to pay that much, there is nothing they can do if you had giving them #50k, they will accept it since they now know there is a law against their action. My friend gave them #40k
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by ericmor: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2016
They still used gun to pursue themselves last week in Somolu just bcs of the money collected from the man that both a land
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Christane: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Dem active pass MTN network self cum oko-afo or any bus stop along badagry exprs way n c 4 ur self.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Laido: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2016
Tripleoluwa:

Eeyah .. God's good sha!
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by amerimex(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2016
Omonile are even more active now dan b4, who is saying dy re reducing? The govmt is not sincere with d fight against dm, as usual dr activities are always in d new sites, developing areas, and as we speak dr is no new site in lagos were omoniles aint disturbin, in ds part of ikorodu dy use to charge 100k for foundation , now dy havee increase to 150k. Stating change as stimuli

1 Like

Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by forelimb: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2016
Yes I live in Alagbado and they are still very relevant here.But be sure you are paying to the right family.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2016
yemmy009:
for sure they will use okada to survey the whole area in d morning n later in d day. They even collect money for bore holes drilling. Just saw two pass with okada now
THE ANNOYING PART IS HOW ALMOST THE WHOLE OKADA MEN IN THE AREA BEGIN TO TRAIL, TROLL AND FORM CONVOY AROUND JUST ONE TIPPER TRUCK FULL OF SAND OR GRANITE FROM THE MAIN ROAD TO ITS SITE
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by forelimb: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2016
Na wa for you.Them fullalagbado

abcivilengr:
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by nonjebose(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2016
Tripleoluwa:

Very gruesome. By the time the corpse was retrieved from the lagoon, fish and crayfish had been feasting on it. He said his sister fainted when the casket was opened. I just could not control my emotions when he was relating it to me
Some of these people are heartless. I am not sure of what my reaction would be, if I ever find myself in your friend's shoe. Never easy to lose a love one
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2016
blackberlin:

WAS TOLD SOMEBODY TRIED A SIMILAR METHOD BUT WHEN THE BUILDING WAS COMPLETED, THEY CAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND HAD FUN WITH HIS WIFE IN HIS PRESCENCE. HE RELOCATED IMMEDIATELY
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2016
TOPCRUISE:

SOMEBODY TRIED A SIMILAR METHOD BUT WHEN THE BUILDING WAS COMPLETED, THEY CAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND HAD FUN WITH HIS WIFE IN HIS PRESCENCE. HE RELOCATED IMMEDIATELY

It's up to anyone to stand and fight for his right. . . Him leaving his property behind is just cowardice, afterall they've done their worst and we don't even know if it was the omo oniles that raped his wife. Either ways, if anyone has CBN in his pocket to dash every omo onile in Lagos, that's their palava. . . There are people who would rather get shot than to see their wives raped in front of them and there are some that will run away once they smell a challenge. . . Life goes on.
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by ogoplus: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2016
abcivilengr:

Fear them not....

They are around....

They may come with all kinds of threats.....but na negotiation go end am
Re: Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos by diteh(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2016
Bunch of criminals. When the land finish they either move to new areas or go into arm robbery!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / Occupants Of Rented Apartments !!! Why This Attitude? As In Why??.? / Estimates For Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Contemporary Bungalow In Rural Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.