Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

I Was Slapped By My Employer - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Slapped By My Employer (22618 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by TONYE001(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided

Hi,

No one has the right to assault another (physically..or otherwise).

Irrespective of what the OP did, the Head Mistress has no right to slap her; this is absolutely wrong.

If the OP takes the case to a law court, I'm sure the Head Mistress would regret her actions.

I'm rather surprised at your comment, and you are a female; isn't this violence against your gender? Or is the case a bit different since the assaulter is of the same gender?

The civil thing to do is to serve the OP a query..or ask her to leave!

If I were the OP, I would sue; not because I want some cash but to stop the abusive Madam from having another prey.

Good morning.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by maasoap(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, [b]the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ.
undecided [/b]
I know crap when I see one. This is a pure crap.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by labeloux(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2016
lolz

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by maasoap(m): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2016
Phi001:
If your heart wants it, then beat her up.... I hope your heart is strong enough for jail tho...
Meanwhile, just resign or/and sue the school...
She was slapped, you didn't mention jail. Now, if she retaliates, she will automatically go to jail. Why should it like that, I need a response?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2016
TONYE001:

Hi,

No one has the right to assault another (physically..or otherwise).

Irrespective of what the OP did, the Head Mistress has no right to slap her; this is absolutely wrong.

If the OP takes the case to a law court, I'm sure the Head Mistress would regret her actions.

I'm rather surprised at your comment, and you are a female; isn't this violence against your gender? Or is the case a bit different since the assaulter is of the same gender?

The civil thing to do is to serve the OP a query..or ask her to leave!

If I were the OP, I would sue; not because I want some cash but to stop the abusive Madam from having another prey.

Good morning.
Really! The OP is rude and just imagine the kinda revenge she has in mind.

Anyway, maybe her HM shouldn't have slapped her tho. I don't support OP's action at all.

Good morning to you too and have a blessed day!
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by sosa993: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Niyinficient:

So he deserves d slap cos he stood up to his dignity?

This kind woman go dey beat her husband for house.

Ladies are fond of doing to others wat they can't take.

Brother, don't revenge, it's part of life shi.ts, take it and let it go, but watch ur way wit d HM, never allow such situation to repeat itself and perhaps apologise to d parent cos any woman wud av done d same. Malice no good tho. DO NOT APOLOGISE to the HM and DO NOT REVENGE

Bro may God continually bless you and your family , that is why we see some women molest their house maids after they will say their husband Dey fall in love with Maid........ how can a sane person slap another adult, especially an HM, am so sure that HM is a woman because I know some men can be violent but men are usually more professional than women ...... I as a person no matter the arguement I have with someone, I have never tried slapping someone, but the day someone tries that shit with me Ehn.....

besides am a lady

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Phi001(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2016
maasoap:

She was slapped, you didn't mention jail. Now, if she retaliates, she will automatically go to jail. Why should it like that, I need a response?
1. Difference in class
2. She did not report her boss for physical assault.
3. Her boss can, and will throw her into prison.

Need I say more?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2016
guyla:
@Dr Muzunga, it is not nice to slap an employee, but it is worse to have an employee that kills the business that feeds you, what guts she had to keep malice with the parent of a child she teaches, obviously she is not teaching that child despite the huge amount we pay as school fees in recent times,

How does she report the child's progress to the woman she deliberately would not say good morning to every morning she brings her child to school
What are you saying sef?
Did you not read the story?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by sosa993: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2016
AreaFada2:
OP, your story is incomplete.

Did you beat the child? Did the child get injured? Complete that part.
If you did beat the child, then you were wrong.

Once the parent knew about it, you should have gone straight to the HM and tell her your side of the story. At least she would have heard your version.

Then you showed a bad attitude to the parent. It is not even whether you were wrong or right. The customer is simply the king. Even moreso in a private school, a competitive business. Teaching may not be your calling. Because it is a proper profession that requires proper education/training. That include people skills & techniques to deal with troublesome kids. Not just because there is no other job for now.

If parents withdraw their kids from your school, HM cannot pay bills & salaries.

As it is, if you want to keep the job, just mellow. Especially your action in the "incident" was wrong. But start looking for another job.

If your action was legally correct & you do not want the job anymore, go see a doctor to get an official certification. Then take legal action against your HM. For distress & pain inflicted on you.

Take no illegal action like getting her beaten up. It can easily become hiring killers if you are unlucky. grin cheesy

since when did beating kids become bad, I went to a private primary school and I chop correct Cain and slaps from my teachers, when I was in secondary hmmmm it was the same, worse...... now when I look back am always happy my teachers trained me, whenever I see some my teachers now am always eager to greet them, if not for the constant strokes of Cain I could have become something else.

the wrong thing she did was to keep malice, from the OP's story, it's obvious she's the fragile, timid type. she would be easy prey for bullies sef.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Ojugunrege(f): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2016
I hope you didn't do anything nasty to the child to warrant the mother comimg to shout on you undecided.

I read on your other thread (opened in April) your own account of flogging 1 year old babies!!! shocked shocked

the woman was wrong in coming to shout at you, she should have reported to the school. you were wrong in keeping quiet about it and instead keeping malice..you should have also informed the school

the hm is wrong to have slapped you...unfortunately, now a pattern is set, the hm will slap u again. grin

anyways, i hope i am not wrong in giving this advise wink.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by sorepco(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2016
Y seem cantankerous!!

telemapreye1:
What are you saying sef?
Did you not read the story?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by toyeem(f): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Lol cheesy
If you know what goes around in a private school, you'll understand my point better! Does the OP know what her HM went through to get those kids registered in her school? Then she comes from nowhere to bring her success down by being rude to a parent.

School is a business and they're all in a competition. Teachers have got this one unique trait and that's patience buh she lacks it!

Really?? What is wrong is wrong. No employer has the right to slap an employee. And you as a mother would be so comfortable seeing your child's teacher slapped because school is a competitive business. I don't think I get you
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2016
toyeem:

Really?? What is wrong is wrong. No employer has the right to slap an employee. And you as a mother would be so comfortable seeing your child's teacher slapped because school is a competitive business. I don't think I get you
As a mother also, I won't be happy neither will I be comfortable if my child's teacher ain't greeting me because she's keeping malice with me and went as far as having an argument with me, just because I warned her about the incident she had with my child.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by shebayaha: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided

U r a fool. it's shows u r one of those boss like idiot that molest there employees. How I pray I was that guy or lady and u r d boss. bitch
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by toyeem(f): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
sosa993:

since when did beating kids become bad, I went to a private primary school and I chop correct Cain and slaps from my teachers, when I was in secondary hmmmm it was the same, worse...... now when I look back am always happy my teachers trained me, whenever I see some my teachers now am always eager to greet them, if not for the constant strokes of Cain I could have become something else.

the wrong thing she did was to keep malice, from the OP's story, it's obvious she's the fragile, timid type. she would be easy prey for bullies sef.

Lol,dont even try teaching in today's schools ooo. Most of them are looking for crowd,not minding the moral aspect of development. They give you rules, right from the point of entry that you should never lay your hands on any child and like one I heard, you should never make a child sad and I just laugh in Yoruba
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by toyeem(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Seriously@Op,pls leave that school,take your time and decide whether you still want to teach before you apply to another school. I've been in your shoes before but not hot slap ooo, who will slap me sef?i jejely dropped my resignation letter next day, even the parent involved came to my house to beg,for where. I made up my mind before dropping the letter. And pls,if you decide to continue with teaching,you need to learn more patience and tolerance, you need lots of it to be sucessful in teaching.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Chuksemi(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Just had to tell you. You just typed nonsense. I am also assuming you would do the same thing if she was your daughter or you were her.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
You mentioned incident but cautiously excluded what happened probably because you know you where wrong.

Even from your narration.... Its obvious you excluded some important details....
Was it on your right or left cheek she hit ? cheesy
Or both at the same time? grin
Biko, make sure you beg your HM tomorrow, you are lucky she didn't allerydice you instantly
I shouted at the little girl
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
Yomieluv:
maybe you are working in one of those mushroom schools, upgrade yourself, and leave that yeye school, where the HM sees herself as a demigod..
it's not a mushroom school, it's very reputable.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Juzzybabe(f): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
You mentioned incident but cautiously excluded what happened probably because you know you where wrong.

Even from your narration.... Its obvious you excluded some important details....
Was it on your right or left cheek she hit ? cheesy
Or both at the same time? grin
Biko, make sure you beg your HM tomorrow, you are lucky she didn't allerydice you instantly

She needs to apologize to the mother of the kid as well. No mother will feel safe having her kid in the care of an enemy.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by bharkarh(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
bigtiny10:
I no hear you o. The slap affect my ear too grin
lol....good afternoon!

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

I'm not promoting violence here, God forbid I do that..

How would you feel if your child's teacher behave arrogantly to you when you came to warn her bout what she did to your child and even stops talking greeting you when you bring your child to school?

Tell me how you would feel?
You weren't there when it happened but you are here forming ITK
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Ghost447(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
telemapreye1:
Good evening nairalanders
I work with kids thou it's a part time job,..
To cut short the long story..i had an incident with one of the children I teach and her little brother of 6 was there with me..i never knew he told his mum
So the next day she brought them to school and started warning me"i was shocked thinking of what I did"and she refused to tell me what I did..i stopped greeting her since that day until today I and her had a disagreement so I argued and talk back at her cos she was very rude to me...
The HM called I and her into her office and allowed the woman explain her own part and didn't even bother to hear mine,the next thing I felt a sting on my cheeks(The hm slaped me)i was so embarrassed to the extent that I cried for two hours
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared,i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge
Shld I forget about or revenge?

But I don't blame her i blame death...
Just forget it, if you're so desirous of revenge, why did you not returned her slap? If you send thugs after her and they mistakenly kill her, her blood will be on your hands, you will go to prison and your life will never remain the same. The likely aftermath of your proposed action is weightier than any momentry triumph.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
willibounce1:
Why not tell us what you did to the boy instead of this phucking story of getting slapped... from tone of your write up, I can tell you will be one very rude and razz girl.

This is how many young naija girls behave, when they do something stupid and get served, the run to the internet and start telling lies and playing the victim. Tell us wetin you do the boy. Them never slap you.. the hm suppose blow lik 3 teeth comot your mouth... why e be say na only girls dem dey slap for place of work? You no greet client because them correct you. Go open your own school na, make you see as e easy.
I'm not rude or razz,I only shouted at the girl.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by sosa993: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
toyeem:

Lol,dont even try teaching in today's schools ooo. Most of them are looking for crowd,not minding the moral aspect of development. They give you rules, right from the point of entry that you should never lay your hands on any child and like one I heard, you should never make a child sad and I just laugh in Yoruba

I definitely can't teach then lol.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by telemapreye1(f): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
AreaFada2:
OP, your story is incomplete.

Did you beat the child? Did the child get injured? Complete that part.
If you did beat the child, then you were wrong.

Once the parent knew about it, you should have gone straight to the HM and tell her your side of the story. At least she would have heard your version.

Then you showed a bad attitude to the parent. It is not even whether you were wrong or right. The customer is simply the king. Even moreso in a private school, a competitive business. Teaching may not be your calling. Because it is a proper profession that requires proper education/training. That include people skills & techniques to deal with troublesome kids. Not just because there is no other job for now.

If parents withdraw their kids from your school, HM cannot pay bills & salaries.

As it is, if you want to keep the job, just mellow. Especially your action in the "incident" was wrong. But start looking for another job.

If your action was legally correct & you do not want the job anymore, go see a doctor to get an official certification. Then take legal action against your HM. For distress & pain inflicted on you.

Take no illegal action like getting her beaten up. It can easily become hiring killers if you are unlucky. grin cheesy
I only shouted at her and Yea am currently studying education and social studies.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by AreaFada2: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
sosa993:

s[b]ince when did beating kids become bad,[/b] I went to a private primary school and I chop correct Cain and slaps from my teachers, when I was in secondary hmmmm it was the same, worse...... now when I look back am always happy my teachers trained me, whenever I see some my teachers now am always eager to greet them, if not for the constant strokes of Cain I could have become something else.

There was a time the European said same. Over 100 years ago. Try it in Europe and go to jail. And the people there are not worse behaved than our own that were beaten.

Oh, I forgot. We are over 100 years behind the Europeans.

By beating then, you merely tell children that violence is the way to resolve things. Even emotional and behavioural issue. They will grow into violent people, wife beaters, employee slappers or condone violence one way or another.
Anyone who ever "smelled" child care, social work, child psychology/development or child psychiatry will know that it is not.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Pringlez: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
An0nimus:

I don't know about others, but this text's colour is a huge turnoff.

It's even killing the eyes. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by delishpot: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
sosa993:

Beating as child is a in wrong. I was beaten as a child in school and believe me if a teacher beats my child, I will not take it easy on him/her
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MissIndependent(f): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
An0nimus:

I don't know about others, but this text's colour is a huge turnoff.
You are always Smart and Intelligent...God bless you cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by An0nimus: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
MissIndependent:
You are always Smart and Intelligent...God bless you cheesy wink

God bless you too smiley

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by An0nimus: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pringlez:

It's even killing the eyes. God bless you!

Bless you too!

Nice edible name btw cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? / PHOTOS: Public Worker Sweeping The Streets Backing Her Baby In Ibadan / Women Repair Motorcycles In Niger State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.