Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape (22631 Views)

Roads To Be Commissioned By President Buhari In Kano State (Photos) / Zahra Buhari Complains About The Clinic In Aso Rock That Is In Bad State / No New Roads For Nigeria Until Existing Projects Are Completed – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by lekpaboy(m): 7:34am On Sep 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Marcelinho(m): 7:40am On Sep 29, 2016
Okay, how will he know, when he is busy traveling to Edo state for election?
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by yemmy009(f): 7:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Adekorya:
This is work of contractor that worked on d road, just send the pictures to his twitter @AkinwunmiAmbode hand , I'm very sure you will get a swift response.
u got it
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by BekeeBuAgbara: 7:43am On Sep 29, 2016
shocked
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by richidinho(m): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2016
all4lucybaby:
Maka hear word!!!

You are endowed ooo grin
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by all4lucybaby(f): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2016
grin shocked angry grin
richidinho:

You are endowed ooo grin
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2016
Too many scammers in govt. House!
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by bkool7(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2016
The worst time to construct roads is during the raining season.
Most of the 114 road are direct labour done by quack engineers
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by moufan: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2016
is ambode the contractor that constructed the road? the contractor needs to be sanctioned and made to do the needful to the road
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by ChynoBEATS: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
jhydebaba:
Please share till the Governor of Lagos get to know that Itokin road (one of the celebrated 114 new roads) commissioned by him recently is in this shape.

Shared by Sunshine Anifowose on facebook.

It
Wuld hv been better to
Share this on twitter "with the appropriate handles"
in order to get a quick intervention concerning this matter .
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by 4four(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2016
in this modern day den still de construct road without drainage! i bow for nigeria govt oo
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by duro4chang(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2016
Too too bad
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by seguno2: 8:17am On Sep 29, 2016
sherif4owo:
It's not his fault

Or is it?

No, it is not the governor's fault.
It is the fault of you, the citizen.
You are very smart gan ni.

1 Like

Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Deenite(m): 8:20am On Sep 29, 2016
Contractor yaf chop money
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by oluxy(m): 8:22am On Sep 29, 2016
I still trust some governors in Nigeria. Lagos is truly trying
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2016
oludare007:
Ambrose trying to overdo fashola is not the koko. If na only one road u wan do, make am standard abeg...

why i like akpabio
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by goshen26: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2016
walemoney007:
a lot of Nigerian leaders need to be killed

Bros u wicked oooo

If not that today is Thursday, and I don't like supporting people on Thursday I would have seconded u
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Laido: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2016
sherif4owo:
It's not his fault

Or is it?
Nope sir .. The contractor is to blame for this...
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by jaybim: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2016
Not to hold brief for anyone (I'm anti Ambode, I think he's a Tinubu boy through and through)... The roads were not constructed by the Lagos State Government but by the different LCDAs. Each was mandated to construct 2 roads.

Let's get our facts straight
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by samsilo(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2016
I do not understand what our problem as a country is some times . That road failed not because of rainy season as someone suggested but poor construction . It would have been better to construct 30 roads with the same money that would last than the rubbish I just saw .
2 roads have been constructed close to where I live in the UK , I noticed they put down a plastic film first , at least one 2 feet of crushed rock topped with at least one foot of Asphalt .
This is for a street within town, not a highway .
How will this road fail in the next 20 years ?
The way they make the roads , it is designed such that the top 10cm of Asphalt is softer , when that developes pot holes , it does not go through the harder layer . This top layer is routinely scrapped off and a new layer put on maybe every 10-20 years .
We have a long way to go my people .
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by rudekidd: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2016
samsilo:
I do not understand what our problem as a country is some times . That road failed not because of rainy season as someone suggested but poor construction . It would have been better to construct 30 roads with the same money that would last than the rubbish I just saw .
2 roads have been constructed close to where I live in the UK , I noticed they put down a plastic film first , at least one 2 feet of crushed rock topped with at least one foot of Asphalt .
This is for a street within town, not a highway .
How will this road fail in the next 20 years ?
The way they make the roads , it is designed such that the top 10cm of Asphalt is softer , when that developes pot holes , it does not go through the harder layer . This top layer is routinely scrapped off and a new layer put on maybe every 10-20 years .
We have a long way to go my people .

we don't have a long way to go... Someone wanted to chop money and did a cheap job.
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Emassive(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2016
For what reason. In as much as we Bash the APC govt so much online doesn't mean that we wish PDP all the best to come and reloot us like APC does now. If PDP can fight for themselve back up then fine but if they don't. Why should I waste my prayer request on PDP when I have 2kids, One wife, father, mother, both parents inlaw and grandparent, uncles, aunts and e.t.c...
HOW NA!

nony43:
APC na scam na, pls let's pray for P.D.P in Edo

1 Like

Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by bighorlus(m): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2016
walemoney007:
a lot of Nigerian leaders need to be killed

The leaders or the contractors? Because if you're killing because of the standards the contractor should be liable
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by rudekidd: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2016
bighorlus:

The leaders or the contractors? Because if you're killing because of the standards the contractor should be liable

the leaders are meant to have trained personnel on site to ensure standards are up to date..

1 Like

Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by walemoney007(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2016
bighorlus:

I know what am talking about,is always the fault of the government..the Lagos state government spent billions of naira on obafemi awolowo road in ikorodu during the tenure of babatunde raji fashola

Can you guess who the contract was awarded to before it was given to arab contractor by the same fashola after billions of naira has been spent without achieving anything on ground
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by bighorlus(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2016
walemoney007:
I know what am talking about,is always the fault of the government..the Lagos state government spent billions of naira on obafemi awolowo road in ikorodu during the tenure of babatunde raji fashola

Can you guess who the contract was awarded to before it was given to arab contractor by the same fashola after billions of naira has been spent without achieving anything on ground

i feel you. i knew what you meant i just wanted to point the contractors too are a part of the scam.
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by alaskido(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2016
The contractor did a very poor and bad job. He has been compromised.
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by Kassidy90(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2016
Same with my street whole street has been flooded got over 2weeks now ...
Re: One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape by koolModee: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2016
What's your IQ?
oludare007:
Ambrose trying to overdo fashola is not the koko. If na only one road u wan do, make am standard abeg...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions / Imo State Governorship Election Results Updates / Osinbajo’s Adeboye-Inspired RCCG Supremacist Bigotry Now Open - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.