Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) (23828 Views)

Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) / OAU Student Uses Funke Akindele’s Jenifa’s Diary As Final Year Project. (photo) / What It Takes To Get The Best Project Topic For Undergraduate, Master And Php . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by shotin(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2016
tunde1200:
happy birthday and LLP.

. Thanks bro kiss
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2016
congrats bro. i challenge other IT students to invent software that can check corruption practices. Hoping to invent one someday. still @dj_jessejay

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by passyhansome(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2016
Real Pace Setters 5% zone

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by oluxy(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2016
Even if I didn't have d opportunity to school or travel abroad for now, am always happy of all Nigerians abroad making waves, sailing hign in excellence. You guys are making us proud here at home.
Continue in ur zeal, our prayers is always with u in ur excellent paths.
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by uyisteven(m): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2016
jonhemma11:
Brilliant Nigerian Makes History in the United Kingdom

Ignatius Akpabio, an Indigene of Akwa Ibom state, has won the British Petroleum Prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s 2016 Annual Awards Ceremony of the Robert Gordon University, UK.

A Nigerian Masters student who has graduated with distinction from Robert Gordon University (RGU) in Aberdeen is also celebrating picking up an industry prize for his academic performance.

Ignatius Akpabio (23),graduated with an MSc in IT for the Oil and Gas Industry in July, and was awarded the BP prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s annual awards ceremony.

Ignatius said:

“I feel very excited to have won this prize as I didn’t expect it and I’m very grateful to the best project supervisor anyone can have, Dr Iain Pirie, for been very supportive of me during the implementation of my MSc project.”

Ignatius decided to embark on the course due to its unique nature in the higher education sector, as well as the growing importance of the oil and gas industry in his home country.

“Oil and gas being the major source of GDP in Nigeria means that the future of the country might well depend on the sector,” he said. “I’m a strong proponent of the ‘Nigeria of Tomorrow’ and therefore, in every possible way I want to contribute my own quota to the development of my country. 

“Coming from an IT background, I would like to use IT to develop and improve the oil and gas sector.”

Ignatius developed an inventory management system for an oil and gas servicing company as part of his MSc project, which was able to monitor and ensure effective management of goods to and from the warehouses and also record sales and purchases of goods while automatically updating stock levels with each transaction. 

He said: “Implementing the system was very challenging as it consists of a lot of functionalities. It was developed as a web application to aid authorised access from anywhere around the world as long as there is connection to the internet.”

Ignatius added: “The MSc course content itself is a very rich one which encompasses modules from core oil and gas engineering, petroleum geoscience and information technology. 

“I have found my time at RGU very rewarding and the School, alongside dedication on my part, has helped me improve on my software development skills. 

“Thanks to lecturers like Dr David Lonie and Dr Angela Siegel, I found software development very interesting and this enabled me to excel exceedingly well in both modules.”

Despite offers to stay back abroad, Akpabio has resolved to return home to pursue the Nigerian dream!

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/brilliant-nigerian-man-ignatius-akpabio.html

Wow....I surely know this guy..My Ex-roomate at Covenant University....
funny enough, he actually wasn't allowed to study what he wanted to because he failed Physics in Waec...
when God wants to bless you, there is no stopping you...
Congrats Bro.

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by TheSCRYPT: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2016
Things you can do from having basic programming skills. Half my class are already doing this.

Congratulations .
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by JIMIOG: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
If you are thinking of enrolling for an MBA Programme, You may consider Metropolitan School of Business and Management. Online and Campus Programmes available (Lagos, Abuja, Uk, Dubai Centers). Visit the offices or the websites >>> www.msbm.edu.ng, www.msbm.org.uk, www.msbm.ae cool cool... #MetropolitanSchoolOfBiznMgt #MBAclass

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by tiwiex(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
nwasinachi:
Well done my brother from akwa ibom state. With d kind of nepotism in this country, and unless u have father Abraham as your God father in this country, i rather advise u to stay back and grab a good job over there

Seems to be d advice going around these days.
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by aisammy4: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
jonhemma11:
Brilliant Nigerian Makes History in the United Kingdom

Ignatius Akpabio, an Indigene of Akwa Ibom state, has won the British Petroleum Prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s 2016 Annual Awards Ceremony of the Robert Gordon University, UK.

A Nigerian Masters student who has graduated with distinction from Robert Gordon University (RGU) in Aberdeen is also celebrating picking up an industry prize for his academic performance.

Ignatius Akpabio (23),graduated with an MSc in IT for the Oil and Gas Industry in July, and was awarded the BP prize for the best project on the course at the School of Computing Science and Digital Media’s annual awards ceremony.

Ignatius said:

“I feel very excited to have won this prize as I didn’t expect it and I’m very grateful to the best project supervisor anyone can have, Dr Iain Pirie, for been very supportive of me during the implementation of my MSc project.”

Ignatius decided to embark on the course due to its unique nature in the higher education sector, as well as the growing importance of the oil and gas industry in his home country.

“Oil and gas being the major source of GDP in Nigeria means that the future of the country might well depend on the sector,” he said. “I’m a strong proponent of the ‘Nigeria of Tomorrow’ and therefore, in every possible way I want to contribute my own quota to the development of my country. 

“Coming from an IT background, I would like to use IT to develop and improve the oil and gas sector.”

Ignatius developed an inventory management system for an oil and gas servicing company as part of his MSc project, which was able to monitor and ensure effective management of goods to and from the warehouses and also record sales and purchases of goods while automatically updating stock levels with each transaction. 

He said: “Implementing the system was very challenging as it consists of a lot of functionalities. It was developed as a web application to aid authorised access from anywhere around the world as long as there is connection to the internet.”

Ignatius added: “The MSc course content itself is a very rich one which encompasses modules from core oil and gas engineering, petroleum geoscience and information technology. 

“I have found my time at RGU very rewarding and the School, alongside dedication on my part, has helped me improve on my software development skills. 

“Thanks to lecturers like Dr David Lonie and Dr Angela Siegel, I found software development very interesting and this enabled me to excel exceedingly well in both modules.”

Despite offers to stay back abroad, Akpabio has resolved to return home to pursue the Nigerian dream!

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/brilliant-nigerian-man-ignatius-akpabio.html

Well done my guy! You have truly represented Nigeria well. Coming home is a very good decision you've made. This tells that you have something very huge and important you can impact to the Nigeria ecomony. Nigeria is a very huge market and you will excel in Nigeria. Thank you for being a good compatriot Nigerian, my friend. We are so proud of you!!!
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nice write up copied work shaa until the last sentence.

Wtf is Nigerian dream ?

So you dont want to collect £100,000 per annum working in UK ? Studying in RGU wont make you immune from sack in this current recession ridden economy..
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by africandollar: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Na wa for una, no be RGU wey 95% of the students studying for their Masters there are Nigerians? It's like dipping your cup in the ocean and celebrating that you came out with a cup filled with water, na sand wan dey there before?
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
nnokwa042:
lol if u see the speed i take open the news i come see akpabio am still happy for the ekaites e no easy
D r smarter than the igbos and yoruba the problem then was that their parents didn't go to skul. The igbo and yoruba people are just too proud and noisy and they often look down on other tribes- especially the igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 2:47am On Sep 30, 2016
eesy:

D r smarter than the igbos and yoruba the problem then was that their parents didn't go to skul. The igbo and yoruba people are just too proud and noisy and they often look down on other tribes- especially the igbos.
i hope no be insult u dey insult we igbos, look let me tell u if your not proud of ur tribe nobody will do it for you, so dont blame any igbo person for his or her proudness we re not better than others and others re not better than us, we belive that what any other person can do we igbo will do it double,call us any name we dont care, so i abeg u in the name God igbos re not ur problem ,in nigeria movie every house girl or house boy must be ekaite or akpan is it we igbos that made it so? That people from akwa ibom and calabar re many nigeria movie all thanks shoul go to the igbos for taking u people along so no hating
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
nnokwa042:
i hope no be insult u dey insult we igbos, look let me tell u if your not proud of ur tribe nobody will do it for you, so dont blame any igbo person for his or her proudness we re not better than others and others re not better than us, we belive that what any other person can do we igbo will do it double,call us any name we dont care, so i abeg u in the name God igbos re not ur problem ,in nigeria movie every house girl or house boy must be ekaite or akpan is it we igbos that made it so? That people from akwa ibom and calabar re many nigeria movie all thanks shoul go to the igbos for taking u people along so no hating
There is difference between pride and PRIDE. One means believing in ur self, ur self esteem. While d oda is d kind of pride in which u belittle odas, are arrogant and can do anything to make sure people notice you(typical igbo behavior)

The use of calabar or hausa as house help is d igbos trying to spoil d nem of oda tribe. D claim to be good in English but usually sound silly when they speak.

Nollywood is igbo infested industry. They have successfully ruined it. If u really are watchful u wld notice that all the actor are igbos why because of their notice me kind of behavior which made d oda tribes to walk away. And they act shit. I prefer a yoruba movie to it. They most annoying thing is that they mockingly call d akwa Ibomites Biafran so they can fulfill dia lustful greed for the oil. An average akwa Ibom person is richer than the igbo and live in a better environment.
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by nnokwa042(m): 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
eesy:

There is difference between pride and PRIDE. One means believing in ur self, ur self esteem. While d oda is d kind of pride in which u belittle odas, are arrogant and can do anything to make sure people notice you(typical igbo behavior)

The use of calabar or hausa as house help is d igbos trying to spoil d nem of oda tribe. D claim to be good in English but usually sound silly when they speak.

Nollywood is igbo infested industry. They have successfully ruined it. If u really are watchful u wld notice that all the actor are igbos why because of their notice me kind of behavior which made d oda tribes to walk away. And they act shit. I prefer a yoruba movie to it. They most annoying thing is that they mockingly call d akwa Ibomites Biafran so they can fulfill dia lustful greed for the oil. An average akwa Ibom person is richer than the igbo and live in a better environment.
akwa ibom state with population of maybe 2,5million with monthly allocation from oil maybe 20 billion naira then u people should not blame anybody but una selves,every akwa ibom person need to be paid every month once ur not working cus the money is there but u people re still backward doing house boi boi every where child witch craft , now u hating the igbos did igbo man take ur oil well? go and lament to abookis that has ruled this country for more than 40 years not igbos, igbos rules nigeria for only 6 months ,u leave northerners that use ur oil wealth to develope abuja kano even lagos and come to bad mouth the igbos undecided undecided undecided undecidedabeg if u know where u baff go look for ur cloths there
Re: Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2016
nnokwa042:
akwa ibom state with population of maybe 2,5million with monthly allocation from oil maybe 20 billion naira then u people should not blame anybody but una selves,every akwa ibom person need to be paid every month once ur not working cus the money is there but u people re still backward doing house boi boi every where child witch craft , now u hating the igbos did igbo man take ur oil well? go and lament to abookis that has ruled this country for more than 40 years not igbos, igbos rules nigeria for only 6 months ,u leave northerners that use ur oil wealth to develope abuja kano even lagos and come to bad mouth the igbos undecided undecided undecided undecidedabeg if u know where u baff go look for ur cloths there
Com uyo, ikot ekpene, eket. Or even my village and see for yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki Police Fire Teargas At Protesting Staff Despite Inability To Pay Salary / How To Improve Your GPA And Stay Focused On Your Education Each Semester / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.