Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) (35579 Views)

El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by supereagle(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2016
Visionary Government of Ogun State.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ycat: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Let me here ogun/sw youths sit by and let others take their jobs. The sw youths need to get their monarchs involved to hire youths from the region, and that's the only thing needed from these companies as their little contribution to their host communities, no handouts needed.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by kjhova(m): 11:46am On Sep 30, 2016
naijababe:

Never mind that Ogun State already boasts an industrial hub that no other LGA can rival in Nigeria?! Amosun for reasons best known to him ignored Ado-Otta, the most industrialised and possibly the highest tax earner for Ogun state to build something in Sagamu! Pray, tell! What is in Sagamu?! Try driving round Ado-Otta, then come back and tell me Amosun is working angry lipsrsealed

Incidentally, Ota is my adopted home town where I spent all of my childhood up to the university stage so I know the history very well. Also, I have never voted in any other Nigerian state other than Ogun State so I also understand the politics well.

You cannot deny that Amosun has done a lot in Ota when compared to predecessors from the time of Oladipo Diya in the '80s. The Nitel road, Oju-Ore, Old Ota road works have truly changed the town's landscape for better. Had it not been for the reduced funds due to the recession, The proposed Toll Gate & Ijoko fly-over projects would have been part of the list.

I do agree that Ota can get more however you will realise that Ota always come 3rd behind Egba and Ijebu in the Ogun State scheme of things. It has always been so and Ota is also a beneficiary of the Ogun power tripod when compared to the Yewa etc.

In addition, a few of the new developments in Abeokuta and Sagamu are private projects by Egba and Ijebu indigenes who have decided to invest at home. I ask myself, how many companies in the Onipanu Industrial Estate are owned by Ota indigenes? I ask myself, how many choice properties in Ota are owned by indigenes? If Aworis won't invest at home, why would anyone blame the state government for not surpassing them. I will also tell you one fact, The new factories opening up along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway around Sagamu have good relations with the host community while up till today De-United Foods and Gaslink continue to battle with so-called "youths" in Ota every now and then.

Charity begins at home. In the last few elections that I voted in, the guys who won as councillors and state honourables were all folks resident in Abeokuta, Ikeja, London and Dublin. Not one resident of Ota was elected to represent the town in any position!!!

Please let us not cry oh, when we are our own problem.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by temodent(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Very good move and highly commendable. Unfortunately this may be the last that would be heard of it, already heard about so many signed agreements that never saw the light of the day. Same fear I have for the fourth Mainland bridge.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
kjhova:

Incidentally, Ota is my adopted home town where I spent all of my childhood up to the university stage so I know the history very well. Also, I have never voted in any other Nigerian state other than Ogun State so I also understand the politics well.
Glad to hear it, we can have a fruitful and constructive discussion.

You cannot deny that Amosun has done a lot in Ota when compared to predecessors from the time of Oladipo Diya in the '80s. The Nitel road, Oju-Ore, Old Ota road works have truly changed the town's landscape for better. Had it not been for the reduced funds due to the recession, The proposed Toll Gate & Ijoko fly-over projects would have been part of the list.

While Ota may have gotten a face lift, especially Oju-ore and Iganmode road axis, after Iju/ Onibuku.....Amosun pretty much went to sleep. I know that road is a federal road but Agbara/Lusada could do with so much more, don't even get me started with Lusada/Igbesa road, that road is nothing short of a death trap. And my man refused to show up because the indigenes fought him to halt on his proposed land acquisition. Sango is not the only town in Ado-Odo/Otta LGA oh

I do agree that Ota can get more however you will realise that Ota always come 3rd behind Egba and Ijebu in the Ogun State scheme of things. It has always been so and Ota is also a beneficiary of the Ogun power tripod when compared to the Yewa etc.

Aworis can't compete with the Egbas and Ijebus, common man! What family name in Awori can stand up to Obasanjo, Diya, Soaga, Adenuga, Lipede, Kuti and so on? In fact, I don't know how much you know, Obj even tried to strip Ota Aworis of their land a few years ago when he created a supremacy war between Olota and Alake, the gist is beyond this thread but the moral of the story is that the little we have in Awori land were gotten through hard fought battles with the government. This is why Gbenga Daniel is particularly well loved by them, he paid a bit more attention to them than any other govt ever did. My dad and his contemporaries in their younger days agitated to have the entire LGA moved to Lagos State, it was during that period that places like Ado, Igbesa, Atan and Agbara got connected to the grid.

In addition, a few of the new developments in Abeokuta and Sagamu are private projects by Egba and Ijebu indigenes who have decided to invest at home. I ask myself, how many companies in the Onipanu Industrial Estate are owned by Ota indigenes? I ask myself, how many choice properties in Ota are owned by indigenes? If Aworis won't invest at home, why would anyone blame the state government for not surpassing them. I will also tell you one fact, The new factories opening up along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway around Sagamu have good relations with the host community while up till today De-United Foods and Gaslink continue to battle with so-called "youths" in Ota every now and then.
Can't argue much with this, I recently looked up to my town to invest not too long ago and all my people could think of is money, I was told that I'd be making money off my investment and they shouldn't have to short-change themselves? Sadly, I ended up in Odeda in Egbaland! angry

Meanwhile, they got heavily scammed by Winners Chapel with some of them still in court battles with Oyedepo after how many years oh angry angry angry

Charity begins at home. In the last few elections that I voted in, the guys who won as councillors and state honourables were all folks resident in Abeokuta, Ikeja, London and Dublin. Not one resident of Ota was elected to represent the town in any position!!!

Please let us not cry oh, when we are our own problem.

Yes we have problems and are shortsighted but the govt has a moral obligation to ensure non discriminatory developmental policies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Buhari's Ministerial Nominees / President Buhari Off To London Friday For Medical Follow-up / Army Arrests Dangote Trucks, 3 Others Taking Banned Goods To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.