Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? (1447 Views)

How To Add Up Tables Using Php / QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List / What PHP Cms/framework Do You Use And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by logicalhumour: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2016
Be sincere. How many do you use and why?
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by logicalhumour: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2016
A - Some people use just one database and a few tables even for complex structures

B - Some use a few database so they could be organized

C - Some just do it dia own way.

Where do you belong?
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by DharkPoet(m): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
One database and different tables, talking about sincerity, why would I want to lie about such a topic.

1 Like

Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by FrankLampard: 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
grin I use 15 database and 1 table

3 Likes

Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
FrankLampard:
Huh tongue
I fear you oo
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by logicalhumour: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
DharkPoet:
One database and different tables, talking about sincerity, why would I want to lie about such a topic.
You know, some pple would want to form badass genius and brag of One database, One table for... even a social network grin
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by logicalhumour: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
FrankLampard:
Brosss slow down grin
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
logicalhumour:
Be sincere.
How many do you use and why?
This is actually a nice question, I use A, B and C based on the project at hand. Some projects require minimal database transactions y'know, but I use A more frequently.
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by logicalhumour: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

This is actually a nice question, I use A, B and C based on the project at hand. Some projects require minimal database transactions y'know, but I use A more frequently.
But can you advice someone to go for A when building a serious website?
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 30, 2016
logicalhumour:
But can you advice someone to go for A when building a serious website?

Take a look at WordPress, for example, that's one big system that makes use of a single database. So yes, you can use a single db for a serious project.

A project that i'd expect to have multiple db's is one that implements (for example) OAuth for it's API, while tables can also be merged with other tables in a single db, it makes absolute sense to store in a seperate db dedicated for that purpose, it's simply for accessibility and sort-ability sake.
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by seunoni34(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2016
One database and a lot of tables.
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by Djtm(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2016
One database and (sometimes) a legion of tables. I've never had to use multiple databases on a single project.
Re: How Many Tables OR Database Do You Use In Your Website? by DharkPoet(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2016
angry
Djtm:
One database and (sometimes) a legion of tables. I've never had to use multiple databases on a single project.
Neither have I.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Uber Clone Script / Top 10 Javascript Frameworks In 2018 / Why Are Online Forums Rare In Nigeria?... Seun WHY!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.