Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians (3052 Views)

Fellow Christians, Get In! / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Fellow Christians... Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We were warned not to bear false witness

We were also warned not to promote partiality. Justice and fair opportunity for all, right? Ok

To my questions :

In the account of how devil wanted to dethrone God before he was casted, why hasnt devil or his representative come out to either debunk or confirm the truth in that story? Why is the story emanating from only one angle? Where is the justice?

Did the incident happen before or after Genesis 1:1?
Because everything was supposed to be dark and void and formless until the advent of genesis 1v1

Mature answers please. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by hopefulLandlord: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Atheist here Hehehehehehehehe

Deuteronomy 29:29

The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by hahn(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
It is better you invite atheists because while on the journey out of delusion, atheists are forced by their search of truth to read the bible and other religious texts objectively.

Most Christians only open their bibles on Sundays in church and only go to where the pastor dictates. Then they dump the bible till next Sunday or when next they attend the next church service

#friendlyadvice

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by hahn(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

We were also warned not to promote partiality. Justice and fair opportunity for all, right? Ok

To my questions :

In the account of how devil wanted to dethrone God before he was casted, why hasnt devil or his representative come out to either debunk or confirm the truth in that story? Why is the story emanating from only one angle? Where is the justice?

Because everything was supposed to be dark and void and formless until the advent of genesis 1v1

Interesting question. I wonder how theists will answer this.

Let me help you call them

KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin, 4evergod, Adrenaline123, Kaycee7, Edek27, Jokerman, Contact17, naijababe, Ranchhoddas, Omooba77

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
hahn:
It is better you invite atheists because while on the journey out of delusion, atheists are forced by their search of truth to read the bible and other religious texts objectively.

Most Christians only open their bibles on Sundays in church and only go to where the pastor dictates. Then they dump the bible till next Sunday or when next they attend the next church service

#friendlyadvice

Of course atheist are welcomed, i only want to give Christians the opportunity to close up the loopholes in that story. If by virtue of being ignorant they cannot provide a logical argument, i will give it to atheist
smiley
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Ayo199(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

u mean d devil should come out and debunk the story
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

Dethrone? No way. That presumes that God and the devil are rival. It's always been a master/servant relationship. That is what angels are. Servants.

And it seems that fallen Angel still finds his way before God:

Job 1:6 |
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Am 200% sure that dethroning God has never crossed the devils mind grin

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Ayo199(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
bible said d earth was full of darkness and void not the heavens..according to genesis..nd u know that of Lucifer did nt happen here on earth

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ayo199:
u mean d devil should come out and debunk the story

To give credence to the story ba?
We need to authenticate that story.. Is it a mere fabrication or a true account?

If it will take the devil to come out and debunk the story, yes, let him come out.

You want me to believe that crap of a story?.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ayo199:
bible said d earth was full of darkness and void not the heavens..according to genesis..nd u know that of Lucifer did nt happen here on earth

Ok, it happened in heaven?

Where then did satan fall to?
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by DoctorAlien(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1,

Good day brother. Greetings to you and all the faithful in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Yours is a very good question. You see, you don't expect the devil to be honest with you. Even when it appears he is saying the truth, we know that his aim is to deceive and mislead. The Bible calls the devil a murderer from the beginning, and the father of lies(Jn. 8:44). If you went to Satan to hear his own side of the story, be sure he'll deny ever challenging GOD. He might even say GOD just cast him out for no reason. But we know our GOD is a GOD of Justice.

The devil daily denies being guilty of treason in Heaven. Haven't you heard satanists trying to tell you how good and innocent Satan is, and how evil and unjust GOD is? The fact that there exist voices today who assert GOD is unjust goes to show you that Satan is trying everything possible to malign GOD.

That incident happened before the Creation. Remember, "...and the earth was without form and void." Gen. 1:2.

GOD bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Dethrone? No way. That presumes that God and the devil are rival. It's always been a master/servant relationship. That is what angels are. Servants.

And it seems that fallen Angel still finds his way before God:

Job 1:6 |
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Am 200% sure that dethroning God has never crossed the devils mind grin

You backed your last assertion with quote from the bible

Why was satan casted?
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Okoh1,

Good day brother. Greetings to you and all the faithful in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Yours is a very good question. You see, you don't expect the devil to be honest with you. Even when it appears he is saying the truth, we know that his aim is to deceive and mislead. The Bible calls the devil a murderer from the beginning, and the father of lies(Jn. 8:44). If you went to Satan to hear his own side of the story, be sure he'll deny ever challenging GOD. He might even say GOD just cast him out for no reason. But we know our GOD is a GOD of Justice.

The devil daily denies being guilty of treason in Heaven. Haven't you heard satanists trying to tell you how good and innocent Satan is, and how evil and unjust GOD is? The fact that there exist voices today who assert GOD is unjust goes to show you that Satan is trying everything possible to malign GOD.

That incident happened before the Creation. Remember, "...and the earth was without form and void." Gen. 1:2.

GOD bless you.

Its true to some extent.. I have read some satanist trying to malign God.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

You backed your last assertion with quote from the bible

Why was satan casted?

Iniquity was found in him...

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

Falling is in reference to being removed from God's fellowship/presence. Or falling out of favour with God. Men fall away from God when they sin.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
hahn:

Interesting question. I wonder how theists will answer this.

Let me help you call them

KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin, 4evergod, Adrenaline123, Kaycee7, Edek27, Jokerman, Contact17, naijababe, Ranchhoddas, Omooba77

WHAT PART OF "KEEP OFF" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND??

LOL YOUR HELP IS NOT NEEDED, THE VULTURES WILL FIND THEIR WAY HERE. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Falling is in reference to being removed from God's fellowship/presence. Or falling out of favour with God. Men fall away from God when they sin.

You people can maneuver eh.. . Hahaha haha haha

U na confirm pastor.

Look bro, i believe in God but i believe with my cap of senses on.

As a Christian, swallowing every line, hook and sinker from maneuvering humans is sickly.

Why use fall from sky or heaven instead of just telling us that God and satan parted ways?

God parting of ways with man happened here on earth so that is even a wrong reference to make

Why didnt God try to reconcile satan to himself like he did man?
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by dblackninja: 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
grin grin
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

There are Luciferan websites which have their own stories in them. You could check Joyofsatan, a website owned by an adherent of Satanism and paganism. You could also google search the Sumerian version of the creation story where Satan and God are portrayed as brothers and where Satan is the good guy. There are lots of websites you can check that. An adherent of Luciferanism also has a thread on this website.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
dblackninja:
grin grin

Like seriously, we Christians should be blamed for the rising number of Atheist. We present fake and unconfirmed stories without source or prove.

We agreed to be maneuvered and try to draw others into the pit of delusions.

What on earth is wrong with accepting that you dont know everything??

1 Like

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Gboyee4fun(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

it happened after genesis 1:1God had created human being but before Gen 2:1 God just created The garden of Eden and Adam....that's why Eden has location...And Job has lived before Gen2:1....if you read the book of job very well you can still get more enlightened
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by 0ubenji(m): 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

which acct precisely?
Provide Bible references to give credence to this apt argument
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by dblackninja: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:
Like seriously, we Christians should be blamed for the rising number of Atheist. We present fake and unconfirmed stories without source or prove.

We agreed to be maneuvered and try to draw others into the pit of delusions.

What on earth is wrong with accepting that you dont know everything??

cheesy Help me ask them my brother.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by 0ubenji(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

U na confirm pastor.

As a Christian, swallowing every line, hook and sinker from maneuvering humans is sickly.

Why use fall from sky or heaven instead of just telling us that God and satan parted ways?

God parting of ways with man happened here on earth so that is even a wrong reference to make

same reason he saved Noah's family only..the very one for which he also destroyed sodom and gomorrah grin
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
0ubenji:
which acct precisely?
Provide Bible references to give credence to this apt argument

Bro, pls explain “exalt [his] throne above the stars of God” (Isaiah 14: 13)
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Iniquity was found in him...

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

If iniquity was found in him, that means sin predated the coming of man.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

U na confirm pastor.

undecided
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

If iniquity was found in him, that means sin predated the coming of man.
I believe so too.
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by 0ubenji(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

Bro, pls explain “exalt [his] throne above the stars of God” (Isaiah 14: 13)
you obviously did Ur homework well...atleast I needed to be sure were not trolling..
Now if u read dat Isaiah 14:13 Downwards to comprehension...the context of the verses that followed verse 13(verses 16 and 17 in particular) tells us it obviously could av apund after Genesis 1:1
So why ask a question u damn well know the answer to?
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by iPrevail(m): 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

Very important question you just asked there.. Which presents more important questions.

Note: There are several other planets apart from Earth created by God.

Now, if he casted down the devil onto earth when it was dark and without form, why still go ahead and create mankind and life form on the planet with evil in it.. Without first getting rid of the evil? He didn't create other planets then? undecided

If he casted down the devil after creating life and light on the planet, no one needs to tell you how foolish that is. Why not mercury or some very icy planet?
Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by UyiIredia(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
Foolish question.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Pls Keep Off. Questions To My Fellow Christians by Iseoluwani: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Okoh1:

To my questions :

The incident happened before creation sir. How do I know
Isaiah 14 spoke about the fall of lucifer

ESV:“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!
ESV:You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;
ESV:I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
ESV:But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.

Ezekiel also spoke about his dethronment
Ezekiel 28:11-15

ESV:Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me:
ESV:“Son of man, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord God: “You were the signet of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
ESV:You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, emerald, and carbuncle; and crafted in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared.
ESV:You were an anointed guardian cherub. I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked.
ESV:You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you.

Note the king of tyre there is a figurative name referring to Lucifer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afa Divination ( Igba Afa In Igbo ) / Exegetical Analysis Of Genesis 1 & 2 Sought! / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.