Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts (3455 Views)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Differences Between The Old And New Budget 2016 / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by wyt(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2009
gbam superstar1,
it is who is who that appear in that list, not dons, do u know what it take to convince a bank for a loan?
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by wyt(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
pls do get me right, it is quite bad to grand a facility
to an entitiy when u know it/he can't afford to pay.
or grand it to someone just because he/she is relateds to you.

banks main objective in any economy is to serve as
intermidiary, ie taking money from surplus economy
to deficiet economy. the depositors fund must be use
to finance the economy so that it will provide employment
to those who do not have the nerve of enterprenuership.

do u know the number of youths that pass out of services yr
that was absorb by this people u call thief for last 3 yrs.
the worst is ahead, as we envisage 30% job cut, only graduate
of 1st class, age 18-21 yrs with 5 yrs experience may afford to
get a job in nigeria. or do u think you can make it in civil services?
it is currently 650k for you to get a job in civil services in nigeria,
(if you thought it give me a call 08065452268)
imagine if what it could have being if this people we are
calling names do not stand to challenges of enterprenuership,
that results to what it is now.

i therefore submit thus: let our government thru the law makers
approve the whisle blowing bill, so that accountants will be
blowing against them, so as to check their execcess, even in govt.
with FOB law and stick punishment to offenders, genuity will return
to our econmy both public and private sectors.

GOD BLESS NIIGERIA!
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by Oloks(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
@WYT

These people if they are guilty are rogues and scumbags, nothwithstanding if they provide jobs for Nigerians, whatever they have done is not charity, they have prospered at the sweat of honest Nigerians.

Until we see all these so called money men and rogues stop rubbing shoulders with those in government (Ibori/Yaradua), 'cos the society will not just stand aside and allow such to happen or until these rogues stop getting blessings from their respective churches and mosques, NIgeria as a nation is doomed. Whatever is been discussed in this thread goes a lot deeper than stealing from the banks. As long as the society cannot stand against corruption be if from "area boys" to university lecturers, Nigeria as a country cannot progress,

99% of those shouting here will do worse if given the chance, it is the sad society we live in
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by wyt(m): 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ OLOK
truth, i am not supporting them at all. let the govt sign
the FOI law and the let professional regulatory bodies
like ICAN stand tall and draft sievee panalty to its members
who fails/ refuse to expose curruptions.

let start from the presidency, is he their with a clean hand,
let us be honest before we can hunestly say to our kids that
honest is the best policy.i therefore suggest to the president
to resign, or see to credible election come 20011 even at expence
of his seat, that also go to other politicians, then our religious
leaders who support these croock just because they need a fat tithe.
our private sector as bad as it may be, is not up to 2% as currupt as the public sector.
but any thief must be brought to book, a kind of bloodless revolution, by a cleaner person.
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by Oloks(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
@wyt

I hear you, bro.
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by globatop: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
@fekwenugo2
our culture be it Yoruba/ Ibo or Hausa allows this to happen. We respect the money man, without questioning the source

I did not agree with ur statement above, Nigerians were more honourable before than what is been put across now, we are only seeing the effect of bad governance, pple now look at money bags for succour, will u ask ur brother the source of his money if u have not eaten anything in 3days, govt should try to make basic things available, until then dont expect any credible election in Nigeria QED
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by dejacrue: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
with the steps taken by SLS, some of them 'll start paying immediately. all debts must be settled whether collaterized or not. but why would debts of such huge amounts not be collaterized. our banks r equally liable for granting uncollaterized loans(people's money for christ sake) or giving out loans on personal guarantee.

however for some, certain circumstances beyond control affected them. those in refined oil(fuel)/diesel import were affected by exchange rate & fall in the price of crude oil internationally.
for others involved in govt contract, they were unpaid.

Funny enough, this same Govt owes nigerian banks. many public office holders are debtors.
In short, the Average Nigerian Is A Debtor
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by blkmum700: 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
@franctony

i just fell like strangling these ololo and dangote to death.

is that the best you can do?Dont be sentimental bro,why whould you leave out the rest,what happen to Atiku,Adenuga and Otedola ?you leave them to live,they all deserve to die bro.
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by amyliajane(f): 9:03am On Oct 16, 2009
na wa oh looters, but my own is after all these what will they do to all these people?
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by Golfer: 11:15am On Oct 16, 2009
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by BAMMZ(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2009
Atiku: I’m Ready to Settle My Debt
•Marwa, Anenih, Albishir deny owing banks
By Emele Onu in Lagos and Chuks Okocha, Sufuyan Ojeifo, Kunle Aderinokun and Yemi Akinsuyi in Abuja, 10.16.2009

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Former Vice-President Atiku Abu-bakar yesterday expl-ained his involvement in a non-performing loan granted him by Spring Bank Plc and promised to settle the debt “soon”.
Atiku was speaking against the backdrop of yesterday’s publication by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) which listed a facility of N111,150,439 against his name.
In a statement issued by his media office in Abuja, the former Vice-President said that the account in question was an “old, dormant account” to which no attention had been drawn by his staff. “I have since resumed talks with the bank on the issue and the matter will be resolved. We will pay the outstanding sum as soon as it is agreed upon,” he said in the statement. (thisdayonline.com)

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME HEAR A COMMENT BY CHIEF ATIKU THE LAST DON: N111MM IS CHICKEN CHANGE AND HE NEEDS SOME REMINDER TO KNOW HE IS OWING, BIGBOY.

SEE WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO US
Re: Old And New Faces Make Up Banks' N349bn Debts by dkings101(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2009
Na Tax payers money this stupid men take dey form big men 4 9ja. Una father left yanch. Devil punish una.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors / Massive Turn Out Of Supporters To The Flag Off Campaign Of Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah. Vid / JONATHAN'S DECLARATION ; The Heights Of Apc's Hypocrisy.. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.